• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Misc Police check UK addresses for poison linked to suicides after Canada arrest

AlsoTapered

Bluelighter

From what I can gather, he was posting barbiturates and sodium nitrite. I have to say that the LD50 of the latter is given as is 71 mg/kg although deaths have occurred at lower concentrations. Methemoglobinemia doesn't look a RELIABLE route.

I admit to having an aversion to intentional poisoning. I've come across some crazy examples including Barry Kidston who intentionally overdosed on cocaine. That sounds a deeply nasty way to go.

Good, these people don't care about their targets - addicts like you and I.

Arrest the fuck outta these freaks. The fent cutters too. Can't even get a bag anymore.

From what I can gather, he was posting barbiturates and sodium nitrite. I have to say that the LD50 of the latter is given as is 71 mg/kg although deaths have occurred at lower concentrations. Methemoglobinemia doesn't look a RELIABLE route.

I admit to having an aversion to intentional poisoning. I've come across some crazy examples including Barry Kidston who intentionally overdosed on cocaine. That sounds a deeply nasty way to go.
I wonder if this is a site I went to a few months ago. It was a clear net vendor from North America selling phenobarbital (or some other barbiturate, can't remember). That's all they sold.

What made the site stand out is it was described and advertised as a method to suicide and included instructions specifically telling you how.

This made me think it was probably a scam... who the hell would advertise a controlled drug like that.

maybe it was real?

phenobarbital is very popular for that use

there are youtube video(s), or at least were who chose it as a way to go

I wonder if this is a site I went to a few months ago. It was a clear net vendor from North America selling phenobarbital (or some other barbiturate, can't remember). That's all they sold.

What made the site stand out is it was described and advertised as a method to suicide and included instructions specifically telling you how.

This made me think it was probably a scam... who the hell would advertise a controlled drug like that.

maybe it was real?
He was actually selling SN (Sodium nitrate) which is used to cure meats. He did know who he was selling to as an undercover reporter I think was the one to expose him and told him their intentions for buying it.

some GABA and ph 6 with that and suddenly a lot things would seem better option than suicide

If he was selling it online for this purpose it was much more likely to be sodium nitrite than sodium nitrate. Sodium nitrate (while also used to cure meat) is a significantly stronger oxidizing agent than sodium nitrite so is likely pretty uncommon in the consumer markets for home use. Yer the flipside is that sodium nitrite is actually quite abit more toxic than sodium nitrate.

If he was selling it online for this purpose it was much more likely to be sodium nitrite than sodium nitrate. Sodium nitrate (while also used to cure meat) is a significantly stronger oxidizing agent than sodium nitrite so is likely pretty uncommon in the consumer markets for home use. Yer the flipside is that sodium nitrite is actually quite abit more toxic than sodium nitrate.
You're absolutely right, it is sodium nitrite, auto corrected it.

I’ve always wondered about various salts. Like sea salt gets touted as good for you, but wouldn’t there be mercury in it?
-GC

I suppose that's not the same as the Hymalaian pink salt commonly sold in grocery stores?
nah, Hymalaian is okish but mostly another health scam as in fact it tends to have a lot more things that are better not ingested compared to quality sea salt. Imho flower sea salt from good location is no question best option when it comes to table salt.

Hymalaian is just like any mined salt just with impurities that cause it to be pink. But wouldn’t be surprised there’s some fake too. LiCl used to be popular alternative to NaCl...turned out not the greatest idea but it isn’t that bad. At least it isn’t cancerogen as nitrites.

I found older articles in which he was also providing barbiturates - it wasn't a spurious guess. I have to admit I didn't know sodium nitrite was so toxic and in such an unusual manner.

Alsotapered - I have the same leanings toward suicide (was raised catholic, cafeteria variety). However I know a large percent of the 'in the know' population have a gram of fent dope in the ol' human stashspot. As death is a better option than some of the things some of these folk may be facing. And I understand it.

If you commit suicide, your organs cannot be used to save the lives of people who WANT to live. Last year 457 people in the UK died because their wasn't an appropriate organ available to save them. That is why I consider suicide to be selfish.

I found older articles in which he was also providing barbiturates - it wasn't a spurious guess. I have to admit I didn't know sodium nitrite was so toxic and in such an unusual manner.
Methylene blue is used quite often for patients presenting with SN ODs, it's not a nice way to go but they seem to believe it's a peaceful death for some reason.

Himalayan pink salt is actually produced in Pakistani salt mines. Fun fact.

If I was selling toxic salts, why use sodium nitrite? Real serious poisoners would use sodium azide, maybe sodium fluoroacetate, beryllium salts, thallium...

Or alternatively, apparently rubidium chloride is a dopaminergic antidepressant. Always wanted to try that.

Or alternatively, apparently rubidium chloride is a dopaminergic antidepressant. Always wanted to try that.

After you, sir.

Please record a trip report so your next of kin can post it.

It's all about availability. All of the compounds you named are in the poisons list (and in one case explosives list). The guy who destroyed his substantia nigra (he tried to make MPPP and made MPTP by mistake) killed himself with an IV cocaine OD.

Apparently he was abusing his medication... Selegiline? L-DOPA?