• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Plx 3397

It does appear that DXM increases dopamine transmission in the Mesolimbic pathway, which naltrexone happens to block. Sigma receptor agonism by DXM facilitates the increase in dopamine transmission. Though NMDA projections are important for dopamine in the mesoprefrontal cortex and NMDA antagonism would likely decrease dopamine there, but the dopamine there would not be as relevant to movement.

I would say that combining low dose DXM (below 50mg) and 5-HTP is probably pretty safe but I would start low, I just want to make sure you get a really good try out of higher dosages of 5-HTP (towards 300mg spread out throughout the day). I should point out that a decarboxylase inhibitor such as ECGC could be very helpful with 5-HTP absorption into the brain because it stops the 5-HTP from being broken down in the blood as quickly, I personally would definitely order some ECGC. It's a green tea extract.

The pharmacy didn't has 5HTP in stock, so i ordered it.
Well, they gave L DOPA for spasms and the movement problems and it helped in many senses. The spasms got better, if i stop the curcumin and the DXM i don't know if they come back though.
The depression in my family was due to World War 2 and it affected the psychosocial component in my mother's family tree. My grandfather was brutal and my grandmother was shy.
I was doing so fine before IFN treatment! I played guitar the whole day, programmed like a machine. Everything was so nice. And then... boom. Everything felt apart.

It's like my fuses are burnt.
They did trials on PLX3397(Pexidartinib) and i contacted a trial nurse some months ago and asked her about side effects and she said the main adverse event was hair color changes and fatigue. So i think this drug is safe because otherwise the trials wouldn't get through the ethics commitee(?). However, i'm feeling 25% better with DXM, curcumin combo. I will add the HTP as soon as i get my hands on it!:D

I see, so maybe there isn't a genetic component to your families problem.

I would be sure to try ibuprofen/naproxen sodium as well as aspirin and acetaminophen. Most especially acetaminophen. COX is very important concerning neurodegenerative disease and neuroinflammation.

Keep us updated, look into the GSK-3 for me, I think it's very promising. Take care.

Last edited:
I took acetaminophen yesterday and it really made a difference, i just wonder because APAP is not the strongest COX inhibitor (?) GSK 3 inhibitors are the following:
Inhibitors of GSK-3 include:[25]
[h=3]Metal cations[/h]
[h=3]ATP-competitive [/h][h=4]Marine organism-derived [/h]
[h=4]Aminopyrimidines [/h]IC50=0.6-7nM:

[h=4]Arylindolemaleimide [/h]
[h=4]Thiazoles [/h]
[h=4]Paullones[/h]IC50=4-80nM:

[h=4]Aloisines[/h]IC50=0.5-1.5μM:
[h=3]Non-ATP competitive[/h][h=4]Marine Organism-derived[/h]
[h=4]Thiadiazolidindiones[/h]
[h=4]Halomethylketones[/h]
[h=4]Peptides[/h]

can you suggest something?

Sodium valproate is the GSK-3 inhibitor that you want ;) The research related is very interesting and I definitely suggest hitting the PubMed and searching around about sodium valproate. Idk why it's not listed on Wiki. Lithium is the classic GSk3 inhibitor but for many reasons that's not what I would want you on. If you have excitotoxicity through NMDA overstimulation a sodium channel blocker like Sodium Valproate is what you want anyways. Though please note that there are more GI tract friendly formulations such as Depakote. Sodium Valporate has significant neurotrophic effects and should help with sleep as well, I wish to be on it myself, I just have to find someone willing to prescribe it. There are a couple very intelligent bluelighters who take depakote. I think the main long term risks are liver damage, pancreatic problems, and brittle bones. Also hair loss and some immune system problems. But I am still very interested, the stress of being sick and not sleeping causes many long term health effects as well. Plus you just have to weigh quality of life. You might not have to take it for more than a year or something for it to help your system calm down anyways.

If my fried brain is remembering correctly APAP is thought to be a cox-3 inhibitor as well and cox3 is the main one for brain inflammation, though I suggest trying the other cox inhibitors as well (ibuprofen has been found successful for preventing Alzheimer's at something like a 40% rate or so for those who took it chronically) But honestly if you have a friendly Doctor that's willing to listen/prescribe things for you, to try a selective cox 2 inhibitor would be lovely. They might have less negative effects (stomache?) and such and might be more longterm. But even just a short term trial of different OTC cox inhibitors would certainly be fine.

Hope you feel better soon, take care and keep me updated :)

hi, sorry, i couldn't get online the last days. i will test out everything you said and keep you updated in this thread or via PM.
thank you so much