• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos plugging xanax

OK, I'm SO confused! I was under the impression that you could not snort or plug most benzos because they are not water soluble and it would be a waste. Am I wrong?

There are other factors that determine intranasal bioavailabilty, so water solubility isn't the only thing.

Plugging benzos will work, but you'd have to do something like dissolve them in a little propylene glycol, coconut oil, cocoa butter, or some other veg. oil. If you administer drugs rectally you can make oil-based suppositories that obviate the need for water soluble drugs. Diazepam suppositories used to be made this way, for controlling seizures in emergency situations (easier to stick a suppository up someone's butt, than stick them with a needle, especially if they're in status epilepticus). I don't see why you can't use the other benzos that way too.

The rule of thumb is: drugs that don't dissolve in water have poor (or at least widely variable) intranasal bioavailibility, because the nose is - in general - quite moist, and the mucous can flush a lot of the drug out before it is absorbed. (Sublingual/buccal gets around this, because it's easier to hold drugs along the gumline than in your sinus) Because benzos have such a high oral/sublingual bioavailibility, and usually only trivially low water solubility, nasal administration is not as effective. (Also, usually because people are talking about smashing the benzos to powder and snorting them).

The reason people recommend oral/sublingual is because they are just as effective and the easiest for most people. That is, going the extra length to snort Xanax isn't going to provide much of a benefit over just eating it.

The long and short is: Yes, you can plug Xanax and friends. Preferably suspend the pill in a very minimum of oil (gently warned cocoa butter), glycerin, or propylene/polyethylene glycol. Then plug away.

Last edited:
I had a friend who used xanax under the tongue (sublingualy) and I once asked him how he could stand the taste. He told me he would spray some benzocaine based throat spray into his mouth prior to dosing his xanax to numb his senses and he claimed he didn't taste the xanax. I inquired about the kind of spray he used, he said it was some over the counter cough spray you can buy when you have a sore throat.

I had a friend who used xanax under the tongue (sublingualy) and I once asked him how he could stand the taste. He told me he would spray some benzocaine based throat spray into his mouth prior to dosing his xanax to numb his senses and he claimed he didn't taste the xanax. I inquired about the kind of spray he used, he said it was some over the counter cough spray you can buy when you have a sore throat.

I think the name of it is Chloroseptic?? Dont hold me to that...but I imagine any brand would do...store brands even.I myself could care less how bad it tastes as long as it works!!

I also love the taste of my xanax. Prolly sounds strange but I'm also prescribed suboxone which I don't mind the taste either. But the whole plugging thing with xanax is absolutely pointless. With an oral bioavailability of roughly 93% I see no point of plugging or snorting. I have been on xanax for about 8 years n I still can achieve the desired effect. I take mine sublingually n they begin working in bout 10mins. That's the best way to do it cuz none gets wasted like if u were to snort it. Man up forreal cuz it does not taste that badd. Safe travels!!

Useful information for all you guys and gurls

Okay, I just allowed two 1mg Xanax footballs to dissolve completely under my tongue, and it wasn't that bad at all. And it DOES seem to be kicking in a little more swiftly.

So thank you for posting this for me to find... during a panic attack, but before doing anything pharmaceutical about it.
I just wanted to add something not off topic to the Original Poster and others who do have panic attacks often.

If you can, try to look for signs that you may soon be having a panic attack. If you get them at work for example, at certain times, think about what creates your panic attacks? If you can figure these things out and learn to see the attack coming then you can take the Xanax or other panic attack medication prior to having a panic attack or a full blown never ending heart wrenching mind bending I'm going to die attack.

This here will help every one who suffers if and only if you think about this method and put it to practice and remember to look for signs of that light agitation just before a panic attack.

Xanax taken before a precipitated attack has been proven to work/help within one minute to ease the feelings of dread and worry and in some cases stop the attack in its tracks.

I really hope this information can help at least one person who gets persistent attacks.
Send me a message if you need some one to talk to or have any questions.

Lending Hand

Ok, so what about crushing the xanax in a spoon and dump the crushed up xanny under your tongue, it should dissolve quicker ....

Or don't.. unless you want to waste almost all of it.

I don't think xanax is snortable - i.e. viable. Best route is oral, right? Just saw an Intervention where this chick was shooting smack and snorting xanaxes, i kept thinking "what a waste of a xanax".

I believe that plugging alprazolam definitely works, and I have a massive tolerance from taking 6mg at a time twice a day for almost a year. I fully advocate that plugging it works to increase the initial rush, or drowsiness. No idea what the difference between the bioavalability of ingesting it orally vs. plugging it, but with the tolerance I developed from taking 6mg at a time orally and not feeling anything to dissolving just 1mg of alprazolam in water and plugging it and feeling it for sure (no placebo effect), I'd say that the huge veins in the rectum which can often become hemorrhoids, and the mu receptors found directly inside the anus, make first pass metabolism through the liver as when taken orally no longer a part of the equation thereby increasing the amount of benzo that reaches the brain before eventually making its way to the liver. I just plugged 2mg of alprazolam in water (I've heard that you have to use propylene glycol, or milk, or any solution with lipid structures to make it work, even heard some dissolve it in alcohol which sounds like a pretty bad idea) and am fully feeling that rush I used to feel when my tolerance was still low. Pick up a syringe with no needle, used for administration and measurement of liquid medications, which can hold a Tsp of liquid or two, measure out the amount of water that will fit in it with one depression of the bulb or draw of the plunger depending on what your pharmacy carries, and empty it into a shot glass, dissolve the alprazolam in the water then re-draw the capacity of the syringe and put it up your butt, some lube or lotion can resolve the discomfort of breaching the anus with pharmaceutical devices. I plugged my 2mg over an hour ago and still feel like I just plugged it 10 minutes ago. Experiment with different mediums of liquid, try milk, propylene glycol or if you're really brave vodka or rubbing alcohol (note that rubbing alcohol is an industrial solvent toxic to the body and was responsible for lots of deaths during prohibition), vodka will burn just about as much as snorting it, just in a diff part of the body. You can try these other mediums but I have found that it doesn't really matter and that water is just fine, as long as the tablets/bars are fully dissolved, thereby increasing the amount of surface area the active ingredient comes in contact with in the lower bowel. Just be sure to evacuate said bowels prior to administration, you don't want precious benzo getting absorbed into your stool. In ten minutes your body should have absorbed the chemicals into the massive veins, ample smaller blood vessels and mu receptors down there, even though mu receptors are primarily responsible for binding with opiates, they also play a small role in the absorption and metabolism of alprazolam. Laying on your side will help keep you from feeling like you have to crap out diarrhea and in my opinion accelerates absorption, but if you measure out just 3 or 4 Tsp of water your body should absorb this minuscule amount of water before you feel like you have to pass it. Here's a fun fact, they have found taste receptors just inside the anus in your rectal tissues, almost exclusively umami type receptors, which detect the soy sauce flavor experience, and also spiciness receptors which explain why deucing after a spicy meal hurts to pass during bowel movements. After ten minutes on your side you should feel intense euphoria, as if you had taken a much larger dose orally. I have been able to cut the amount of alprazolam I need a day to 1/4 the oral amount I used to take. Now, sublingual ROA takes longer, and you have to taste a really bitter and acrid pill (a taste I have grown an affinity for) for longer than the pills exist under your tongue, the taste lingers, similar to the way drinking orange juice after brushing your teeth makes the OJ taste horrible. But I am positive that due to the venous structures being so close to the surface under the tongue, that sublingual works almost as well as plugging it since a lot of benzo mixes with your saliva and the natural response is to swallow the spit, which accumulates rapidly when waiting for the pill to fully dissolve, and within five minutes your mouth will be full of saliva and wont stay fixed under the tongue, so a bunch of benzo ends up being taken into the digestive system, not into the bloodstream. A way around this is to use a pill crusher and deposit the powder sublingually, which decreases the time it takes to pass into the veins into the bloodstream. I know its not a water soluble chemical, but it will enter the bloodstream and make it to the brain before being degraded by the liver in first pass metabolism. I also plug my Adderall every three days with 60mg of amphetamine salts broken into 4 extremely bioavalable and unique different amphetamines. Then after 2 or 3 minutes of absorption its time for video games, video games, video games for about 8 hours unless I work that day. I hope this is useful to the people involved in this thread. I pooled knowledge from over 20 different resources online and in my medical books from when I took anatomy and physiology. Bottom line is that plugging benzos is a great ROA and if you are looking to cut down on your daily dosage, it is a great alternative to oral consumption. Don't knock it till you try it, I guarantee that you will feel great faster and more acutely than if you swallow the pills/bars. And for panic attacks, oh my god, its like a life saver since you don't have to orally ingest them where the peak plasma concentration only occurs after 1 to 1.5 hours, kiester those pills and you'll be anxiety free within 15 minutes. That is assuming that you can manage the symptoms of the panic attack enough to be nimble enough to take all the steps in plugging alprazolam mid attack.

Last edited:
SWIM believes that plugging alprazolam definitely works, and has a massive tolerance from taking 6mg at a time twice a day for almost a year. SWIM fully advocates that plugging it works to increase the initial rush, or drowsiness. No idea what the difference between the bioavalability of ingesting it orally vs. plugging it, but with the tolerance they developed from taking 6mg at a time orally and not feeling anything to dissolving just 1mg of alprazolam in water and plugging it and feeling it for sure (no placebo effect), I'd say that the huge veins in the rectum which can often become hemorrhoids, and the mu receptors found directly inside the anus, make first pass metabolism through the liver as when taken orally no longer a part of the equation thereby increasing the amount of benzo that reaches the brain before eventually making its way to the liver. SWIM just plugged 2mg of alprazolam in water (I've heard that you have to use propylene glycol, or milk, or any solution with lipid structures to make it work, even heard some dissolve it in alcohol which sounds like a pretty bad idea) and is fully feeling that rush they used to feel when their tolerance was still low. Pick up a syringe with no needle, used for administration and measurement of liquid medications, which can hold a Tsp of liquid or two, measure out the amount of water that will fit in it with one depression of the bulb or draw of the plunger depending on what your pharmacy carries, and empty it into a shot glass, dissolve the alprazolam in the water then re-draw the capacity of the syringe and put it up your butt, some lube or lotion can resolve the discomfort of breaching the anus with pharmaceutical devices. SWIM plugged their 2mg over an hour ago and still feels like they just plugged it 10 minutes ago. Experiment with different mediums of liquid, try milk, propylene glycol or if you're really brave vodka or rubbing alcohol (note that rubbing alcohol is an industrial solvent toxic to the body and was responsible for lots of deaths during prohibition), vodka will burn just about as much as snorting it, just in a diff part of the body. You can try these other mediums but SWIM has found that it doesn't really matter and that water is just fine, as long as the tablets/bars are fully dissolved, thereby increasing the amount of surface area the active ingredient comes in contact with in the lower bowel. Just be sure to evacuate said bowels prior to administration, you don't want precious benzo getting absorbed into your stool. In ten minutes your body should have absorbed the chemicals into the massive veins, ample smaller blood vessels and mu receptors down there. Laying on your side will help keep you from feeling like you have to crap out diarrhea and in my opinion accelerates absorption. Here's a fun fact, they have found taste receptors just inside the anus in your rectal tissues, almost exclusively umami type receptors, which detect the soy sauce flavor experience, and also spiciness receptors which explain why deucing after a spicy meal hurts to pass during bowel movements. After ten minutes on your side you should feel intense euphoria, as if you had taken a much larger dose orally. SWIM has been able to cut the amount of alprazolam they need a day to 1/4 the oral amount they used to take. Now, sublingual ROA takes longer, and you have to taste a really bitter and acrid pill for longer than the pills exist under your tongue, the taste lingers, similar to the way drinking orange juice after brushing your teeth makes the OJ taste horrible. But SWIM is positive that due to the venous structures being so close to the surface under the tongue, that sublingual works almost as well as plugging it since a lot of benzo mixes with your saliva and the natural response is to swallow the spit, which accumulates rapidly when waiting for the pill to fully dissolve, and within five minutes your mouth will be full of saliva and wont stay fixed under the tongue, so a bunch of benzo ends up being taken into the digestive system, not into the bloodstream. A way around this is to use a pill crusher and deposit the powder sublingually, which decreases the time it takes to pass into the veins into the bloodstream. I know its not a water soluble chemical, but it will enter the bloodstream and make it to the brain before being degraded by the liver in first pass metabolism. SWIM also plugs their Adderall every three days with 60mg of amphetamine salts broken into 4 extremely bioavalable and unique different amphetamines. Then after 2 or 3 minutes of absorption its time for video games, video games, video games for about 8 hours unless they work that day. I hope this is useful to the people involved in this thread. I pooled knowledge from over 20 different resources online and in my medical books from when I took anatomy and physiology. Bottom line is that plugging benzos is a great ROA and if you are looking to cut down on your daily dosage, it is a great alternative to oral consumption. Don't knock it till you try it, SWIM guarantees that you will feel great faster and more acutely than if you swallow the pills/bars. And for panic attacks, oh my god, its like a life saver since you don't have to orally ingest them where the peak plasma concentration only occurs after 1 to 1.5 hours, qeister those pills and you'll be anxiety free within 15 minutes. That is assuming that you can manage the symptoms of the panic attack enough to be nimble enough to take all the steps in plugging alprazolam mid attack.
We don't SWIM here

Plugging benzos will work, but you'd have to do something like dissolve them in a little propylene glycol, coconut oil, cocoa butter, or some other veg. oil. If you administer drugs rectally you can make oil-based suppositories that obviate the need for water soluble drugs. Diazepam suppositories used to be made this way, for controlling seizures in emergency situations (easier to stick a suppository up someone's butt, than stick them with a needle, especially if they're in status epilepticus). I don't see why you can't use the other benzos that way too.

The rule of thumb is: drugs that don't dissolve in water have poor (or at least widely variable) intranasal bioavailibility, because the nose is - in general - quite moist, and the mucous can flush a lot of the drug out before it is absorbed. (Sublingual/buccal gets around this, because it's easier to hold drugs along the gumline than in your sinus) Because benzos have such a high oral/sublingual bioavailibility, and usually only trivially low water solubility, nasal administration is not as effective. (Also, usually because people are talking about smashing the benzos to powder and snorting them).

The reason people recommend oral/sublingual is because they are just as effective and the easiest for most people. That is, going the extra length to snort Xanax isn't going to provide much of a benefit over just eating it.

The long and short is: Yes, you can plug Xanax and friends. Preferably suspend the pill in a very minimum of oil (gently warned cocoa butter), glycerin, or propylene/polyethylene glycol. Then plug away.

How would it be active sublingual when it wouldn't work in the nose? Both are mucus membranes. I don't see how it would work sublingual, but have no effect snorted. Please elaborate.

I edited the post to remove SWIM, since it's actually me who is legally prescribed Alprazolam and don't mind including that in my post. I just reviewed the posting guidelines so I don't make such a rookie mistake again. I know, I know I should have gone over the guidelines when I registered, but I was in a hurry and just clicked accept without investigating. But thanks for the tip, it made me closely scrutinize the rules and get a feel for what is considered an acceptable post. But anyhow, if you want that rubbery feeling in your legs again and have a tolerance for benzos, get it up your butt in the most effective way for you, just don't put the pills up there whole. You won't get the kind of results I'm reporting if you try that.

I tried that, the PG and had good results. But comparing it to water dilution, I'd have to say I had nearly Identical results. Any liquid you use is gonna spread out the active ingredient all over your bowel, which is only about 5% of the pills total ingredients, its mostly binders, and I think manufacturers put in so much binder so you can't use IV ROA. Also they make the taste bad so you won't be tempted to sublingually consume the Xan, but it don't deter me, if I don't feel like taking the time to plug my Xan I let it dissolve under my tongue for 10 or 15 minutes and have a good experience. But I agree, if you're gonna invest in some propylene glycol by all means, use that shit. I'm gonna try vegetable oil tomorrow and measure the effects. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

I have never plugged Xanax. So I can't say from experience that it definitely wouldn't be effective but plugging something is a very similar ROA to insufflation in the sense that in both methods the substance is being absorbed through mucus membranes into the blood stream. That being said, I have tried snorting xanax on several occasions and I found it to be thoroughly ineffective. Not just the same either, literally ineffective. I barely felt any effect at all. This may just be my body, but insufflation of most substances works great for me so I would assume that this in just an ineffective means to consume this particular compound and by extension I would suppose that the same could be said for plugging, though plugging is a more efficient mucus membraney way to go so, who knows? If you try it let us know how it works!

Never thought about plugging xanax, I love the taste, just chew it to a powder with my front teeth and put it under my tounge aaannndd, relief starting 5 mins later in full effect by 10-15mins,just had my last one,ugh...seems like more of a hassle to plug xanax. It can be snorted I think but has a lower bioavailabilty or whatever, off topic but how long does sublingual klonopin take to kick in for you guys? Just wondering, not meaning to get thread off topic. Just had 1mg of klon and 1mg of xanax....really want like 6mg right now, it's been a rough shitty day. And all I have for the month is 40 fuckin gabas and 9 klonopin,anyway...could be worse I guese.

I've never plugged shit (ha) but man plugging bars?? You do know that the active ingredients could fit on the tip of a pencil? Plus almost all pharm prepared xanax is pressed with docusate sodium? Look it up, It's a common otc laxative. I wouldn't be to keen on plugging laxative and all the other excipients when taking it orally works great. My butt is exit only.

Tho I must say I have wanted to try it iv...iv benzos are evil good. I almost put myself in a coma with a HUGE bottle of liquid ativan. Don't know why you find that stuff In liquid all the time..when I was in the hospital with benzo wd they kept shooting me up with liquid lorazepam. Must be a reason for that instead of valium, which is what I was expecting since there isn't a ton of I jectable benzos. Not like they were going to give versed or anything.

Vegetable oil vs. water, milk or PG

I tried that, the PG and had good results. But comparing it to water dilution, I'd have to say I had nearly Identical results. Any liquid you use is gonna spread out the active ingredient all over your bowel, which is only about 5% of the pills total ingredients, its mostly binders, and I think manufacturers put in so much binder so you can't use IV ROA. Also they make the taste bad so you won't be tempted to sublingually consume the Xan, but it don't deter me, if I don't feel like taking the time to plug my Xan I let it dissolve under my tongue for 10 or 15 minutes and have a good experience. But I agree, if you're gonna invest in some propylene glycol by all means, use that shit. I'm gonna try vegetable oil tomorrow and measure the effects. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

I plugged 1mg of Xan this morning and have to say that I'm not too keen on using vegetable oil as a medium for dilution, I plugged over a half hour ago and have yet to experience any real effect. I like PG or water as a dilution substance, and while Xan is not entirely water soluble it will dissolve in water if you let it sit in water for about 10 minutes and use enough water, like I said only a very small portion of the pill is actually Alprazolam. I choose to use water since Xan is not readily soliuble in water but is not hydrophobic, eventually the small amount of the pill that is actually active ingredient will pass through the walls of the rectum into the bloodstream, and the water will aid in that process. The only reason I think the vegetable oil didn't work as effectively is that lipids are absorbed by the stomach not mucous membranes, I tested this out by holding a small amount of oil under my tongue and after 10 minutes all of the oil was still in my mouth although not completely under my tongue, it was disgusting, but a good test. Just use water and contrary to popular belief, the ingredient will be absorbed into the veins inside the lower bowel. If you really don't want to use water due to personal tastes and beliefs, use PG or milk. Milk contains both water and fats, it's just that the homogenization of raw cows milk keeps the two bound together, that's why you don't ever get a layer of cream on top of your milk after left to sit for a while. Bottom line, I won't be using vegetable oil again, maybe milk, I've only tried milk once but found it nearly as effective as plain water. I'll be using milk a few more times before I entirely commit to water.