• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Plugging Non Water-Soluble Drugs???

daddysgone

Bluelighter
Pretty simply question, and Im fairly sure I know the answer, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Is it effective to plug a drug that is not water soluble, or would most of it not be absorbed through the mucous membrane and therefore be wasted?

For instance, xanax is not water soluble. If you were to crush it up, put it in solution, and plug it, would this be effective, or would most of it not be absorbed? Thanks-DG

I remember reading a post by F&B one time that said a warm milk vehicle for rectal alprazolam worked well... I imagine this is because of the lipid solubility.

Also, I remember telling this to a girl who misunderstood and just shoved up a 2mg bar whole... I know this isn't scientific at all, but she claimed to get effects. Take that as you will.

I remember reading a post by F&B one time that said a warm milk vehicle for rectal alprazolam worked well... I imagine this is because of the lipid solubility.

Lipid solubility which affects volume distribution is referring to the affinity of alprazolam to your body's adipose tissue or its vascular compartments. Higher solubility means it has higher affinity for adipose tissue and not vascular compartments. Milk should not play a role in alprazolam's solubility....

Lipid solubility which affects volume distribution is referring to the affinity of alprazolam to your body's adipose tissue or its vascular compartments. Higher solubility means it has higher affinity for adipose tissue and not vascular compartments. Milk should not play a role in alprazolam's solubility....

OK. How does this relate to my original question about whether or not plugging a non water soluble drug (such as alprazolam) is an effective route of admin?

Also, would dissolving alprazolam in mineral oil and plugging the solution be effective?-DG

There is discussion of this all over BL. Maybe I used the term slightly wrong, I'm not sure. It is because of the fat solubility that this works...

It's discussed a bit in this thread, and a few more that I'm going to try to dig up.

Just my 2 cents. I think no. Every get alcohol, that you will have to dissolve it in, in a cut. What happens? It BURNS. Raw alcohol where it normally shouldn't go... pass.

Just my 2 cents. I think no. Every get alcohol, that you will have to dissolve it in, in a cut. What happens? It BURNS. Raw alcohol where it normally shouldn't go... pass.

I don't mean any offense here, but what you wrote appears to be complete nonsense. I don't know what you are attempting to convey.
Also, who mentioned anything about alcohol? I made mention of mineral oil, but that has nothing at all to do with alcohol??-DG

Need to dissolve said drug in alcohol (or other water miscable solvent) and add a small volume of solution to milk (pref full fat) the drug then migrates to the micelles of fat that form the emulsion that milk consists of. Works admirably for THC & JWH synthetic cannabinoids

Need to dissolve said drug in alcohol (or other water miscable solvent) and add a small volume of solution to milk (pref full fat) the drug then migrates to the micelles of fat that form the emulsion that milk consists of. Works admirably for THC & JWH synthetic cannabinoids

Thanks, makes sense.

Unfortunately no milk in the house. Would soy milk work by any chance (3.5 g of fat per serving)?-DG

I don't mean any offense here, but what you wrote appears to be complete nonsense. I don't know what you are attempting to convey.
Also, who mentioned anything about alcohol? I made mention of mineral oil, but that has nothing at all to do with alcohol??-DG

please excuse me if I was misinformed. I know being dumb enough to dissolve Xanax in ethanol to shoot it would burn like a bitch. Stupid idea fyi

xanax seems to work great intranasally i see sooo many people do it . some people will literllly just insuffalate three full 2mg bars at once n just be messed

^^-- then maybe it doesnt work to well when snorted... 6mgs of xanax is alot, enough to just put most people to sleep i would think.... so maybe these people are getting messed but really if they took that dose orally it would knock them down... i could be wrong you avatar looks like 2mg xan bars to me so maybe u got more experince.

as far as plugging the stuff goes her is my 2 cents and experince. I think it works it comes on quicker than oral, but not as good, maybe like snorting. Just for example last night i threw a 90mg of morphine and 1mg xanax cocktail. I then shoved it up my ass and i dont think the xanax worked newhere as good as if id swallowed it. I do use xanax rectally like this on a regular basis but its just to add to the rush i dont really care if im half of it by plugging the shit is cheap and it makes my buzz a bit more sedating.

Also whole thread makes me curious about sublingal administration. Now i have never tried benzos this way, only becuase i dont think i know how to do it right and it tastes like crap. Ive had sublingal migrain meds and they just disolve obviously there water soluable. When i try this with xanax valium whatever theres just a bunch of bitter nasty powder under my tounge even after like 5 minutes.... To me it seems like sublingal is just like snorting or plugging, i mean the same idea right all that sensative tissue is suppose absorb the drug, but how is it absorbing when the powder is just hanging out under your tounge. I would think pills designed for sublingal use are all water soluable and as the break down in water that water is absorbed into the tissue. EVERYONE swears by xanax as good sublingal and most people agree snorting it works well, i would like to know how this works since the drug never breaks down into liquid for your tissue to absorb.

some people will literllly just insuffalate three full 2mg bars at once n just be messed

I agree that alprazolam can be snorted and does give unique effects, but this seems ridiculous to me. Three 2mg bars is like a gram of powder... The nasal membranes aren't going to absorb anywhere near the gram of powder that they are being subjected to.

Also, I recommend that anyone that requires this large of a dose to try lowering their dose and see if they can enjoy it. I have, in the past, thought that I needed at least 4mg or so to get good effects, but I eventually tried lower doses and was amazed at how powerful the drug was at the 0.5 - 1mg level. I find the drug much more enjoyable if I don't turn into a benzo-zombie and maintain my emotions, as it allows me to feel enjoyment. I find that I lose that ability if I dose above the therapeutic level... Food for thought for the large dose benzo eaters...

^^-- then maybe it doesnt work to well when snorted... 6mgs of xanax is alot, enough to just put most people to sleep i would think.... so maybe these people are getting messed but really if they took that dose orally it would knock them down... i could be wrong you avatar looks like 2mg xan bars to me so maybe u got more experince.

as far as plugging the stuff goes her is my 2 cents and experince. I think it works it comes on quicker than oral, but not as good, maybe like snorting. Just for example last night i threw a 90mg of morphine and 1mg xanax cocktail. I then shoved it up my ass and i dont think the xanax worked newhere as good as if id swallowed it. I do use xanax rectally like this on a regular basis but its just to add to the rush i dont really care if im half of it by plugging the shit is cheap and it makes my buzz a bit more sedating.

Also whole thread makes me curious about sublingal administration. Now i have never tried benzos this way, only because i don't think i know how to do it right and it tastes like crap. Ive had sublingal migraine meds and they just dissolve obviously there water soluble. When i try this with Xanax Valium whatever there's just a bunch of bitter nasty powder under my tongue even after like 5 minutes.... To me it seems like sublingal is just like snorting or plugging, i mean the same idea right all that sensitive tissue is suppose absorb the drug, but how is it absorbing when the powder is just hanging out under your tongue. I would think pills designed for sublingal use are all water soluble and as the break down in water that water is absorbed into the tissue. EVERYONE swears by Xanax as good sublingal and most people agree snorting it works well, i would like to know how this works since the drug never breaks down into liquid for your tissue to absorb.

or they are "Bar heads" and therefore have a tolerance and enjoy Xanax quite a bit. In my experiences I am no bar head but I do however have a tolerance. and I could take three bars and feel somewhat relaxed and good so ... no. it works fine they just don't fall asleep from a little alprazolam... some people react that way; but not many

OK. How does this relate to my original question about whether or not plugging a non water soluble drug (such as alprazolam) is an effective route of admin?

Also, would dissolving alprazolam in mineral oil and plugging the solution be effective?-DG

If you look into my thread about benzo water solubility, alprazolam should dissolve into water at this rate:

Alprazolam (Xanax) - 0.04 mg/mL

So,

0.5 mg of Xanax should fit in 12.5 mL of water
1mg of Xanax should fit in 25 mL of water

I am not a plugger so I can't tell you how much water can fit relatively speaking, you know...but, lol, try it with just water first to see how much you can do with just water I guess?