• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Plugging gabapentin

I've plugged 2400mg recently and can confirm plugging has its benefits.

As we know, gabas aren't the best recreational drug.

However, taken in high doses, the subtle onset of a very slight euphoria and a mental state almost as if you were on adderall (only the part that makes you want to not stop talking and wanting to be sociable) makes gabapentin an amazing, underestimated drug.

I, for one, am very pleased many have no idea about them. Doctors will prescribe them like candy. Even for junkies with "drug seeker behavior" on their med records. I can only hope people stay clueless, or at least shut the fuck up about gabapentin before it gets a scheduled label on it, like tramadol recently (at least in my home state of NY)

I get #120 / 600mg pills (non-capsules) and mostly take orally. One dose per day usually of about 3g's. Yeah, about 5 - 6 pills will be my sweet spot. Bumping maybe one or two throughout the day. Any more, like a poster above explained, there's a diminishing return on the "high" meaning the more you take past a certain "sweet spot" point, taking any more has minimal effects.

Anyway, plugged 4 pills crushed with saline (I have enema tech) and it worked like a charm. The onset was almost rush-like. Almost like the first time I parachuted about 4 grams. A very trippy feeling. Not very pleasant after about 5 mins. Think it took too much.

Gotta be careful and find the sweet spot is all. Next time I plug, I'm going with 1800mg instead. It seems to be a golden rule that when plugging, you can always use less with same or even better results.

Im making gabas sound amazing and may get some bad feedback because of that, but if you're gonna talk shit sb this post, you probably just haven't found your sweet spot for the drug yet and are upset someone else is having fun on a drug you've tried and thought was shit, then immediately overlooked.

Low dose (1000 - 2000mg even, is low. If you're trying for the recreational high) I'd recommend experimenting with increments. High increments. Stay well below 3.5 - 4.0g's if you're naive, but depending on whatever physical factors of your body, try the 2.0 - 3.0g range before you bash this awesome drug.

Back to OP, again, in my past experience, it enhanced it. Not phenomenally, but it did enhance it factorially.

Edit: I forgot to mention, the main amazing thing ab this drug is the elimination or at least drastic reduction of bad wd symptoms from many other addicting, high scheduled drugs. I'd like to try Lyrica (idk if it's scheduled) but I think it's probably off-lable used just like gabas with wd.

Last edited:
DO NOT PLUG GABA - PLEASE DO NOT PLUG GABA!

this would be a complete waste of time; Gabapentin is not the type of drug one would plug. I am not sure what type of HIGH you are looking for but the drug itself is nothing to write home to Mom about; you may find yourself feeling "better" hours after your dosage but there is no HIGH, therefore you do no plug.

But why? I've done it and it's better than oral ROA.

Also, gabapentin is handled best through the stomach and upper portion of the intestinal tract
Maybe you're right about this, but I've had a good experience plugging it. It could be the awkward, gravity helping position I hold to get it well into my intestines when I do it, or it could be you're off with your bio of gabas.

I have absolutely NO IDEA what any of you mean when you talk about the "high" you get from gabapentin. I have been taking it for years, at all different kinds of dose levels(right now I'm prescribed 3200 mg's/day). Gabapentin does NOTHING other than mildly help with my nerve pain. What high are you guys talking about???

And yes, plugging gabapentin would work. As far as how it will affect your experience, I don't know, but I do know it can be taken rectally.

Everybody saying childish shit like "Just swallow it and stick your finger up your ass" should first...shut up...and then do some research into the rectal BA of gabapentin.... and then work on acting like an adult because this is a forum for helping people through harm reduction, not a forum for talking shit or making fun of people.

^ Yes, research is useful.

Even if you could plug gabapentenin, it's unlikely to have much benefit; more likely a delayed onset and perhaps longer duration.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/9579927/
Apperantly, you cannot, although it was only two subjects, gabapentins pharmacoloogical profile makes this a a predictable outcome.

Some things probably should not be done in every possible MOA(who knows though?)

Long ago in a different thread, probably while a little high, that gabapentin was like your best [sex or gender of your attraction] friend. She's always there for you, but you have to wait. You have a great time with her, but she's never going to go all the way. According to this, don't even ask her about anal.

It's a wonderful, positive drug (unless you have a math test coming), but there's just no way it'll get you "high".

It might be of more benefit to look into Gabapentin Enacarbil vs trying multiple orifices. First gen GP has an absorption limitation due to requiring an amino acid transporter hence the need to stagger doses.

It's actually one of the wonderful things about gabapentin: the absorption profile is just awful. The more you take, the less you get; and you might as well take a nap, cause you'll forget you took it before you feel it. That makes it nearly un-abusable. People try, and appear addicted when they eat dozens at a time, but they're only as buzzed as I get.

All of that was fixed with drugs like the enacarbil and pregabilin. They just shimmy right through your stomach lining, taking dose after dose. Which with me would lead to even more doses, sooner than I'd expect. I'll take the VW Bus version, that gets me up the hill, eventually.

Let's not forget, this thread is really another plus for gabapentin--there's no urge to shove it up my asshole.

Long ago in a different thread, probably while a little high, that gabapentin was like your best [sex or gender of your attraction] friend. She's always there for you, but you have to wait. You have a great time with her, but she's never going to go all the way. According to this, don't even ask her about anal.

It's a wonderful, positive drug (unless you have a math test coming), but there's just no way it'll get you "high".

:)

On Kekly's post and you're other post, does the enacarbil make that much of a difference?

My only interest in Gabapentin would be to alleviate some symptoms of bzd wd/ other issues, though mainly bzd wd, or when forced to take a lower dose. It isn't very good at either, despite what people say. Makes me dizzy and weak.

Lyrica would be better I know, though it is technically Schedule 5, and expensive.

Gapapentin Enacarbil is also probably expensive, and doubt it would help much more; have a serious benzodiazepine dependency, so pretty much needs something that hits GABA-A

Gapapentin is a weird drug, though, don't understand trying to abuse it just to get "high" with no therapeutic reason. Though to each his own

^ Thanks. Read they designed a version with better BA%, though thought it was just evergreening/forgot about it.

Seems a legitimate medication that improves a problem with gabapentin(it's weird absorption and BA% issues)

Props to quickly responding at random hours(insomnia) thanks to you guys/gals for this long running site and allowing harm reduction and interesting discussion

Never have actually told anyone, and been around a little while now

Because gabapentin is absorbed via the amino acid transporters, it needs to be taken orally, but to maximize absorption it's better to take several small doses (no more than 1 gram per dose, 200-400mg is best) spaced out by about 60 to 90 minutes. That way you can get much stronger effects - gabapentin's bioavailibility actually decreases as dose size goes up.[ref]

People who say Gabapentin doesnt produce a high are wrong. Some people are seriously addicted to it, a high dose when I havent had it feels very pleasurable for hours, like a benzo/alcohol feeling but much cleaner

The problem is mostly semantics, oxylove.

"Very pleasurable" for you may be synonymous with "high", while for others, "high" means the rush from an IV, and those folks complain loudly when they don't get that version. I like to stress the impossibility of a "rush high" from gabapentin, after spending too much time in threads trying to explain to people that the "pleasurable well-being high" one user describes doesn't ever become the "high" they're imagining. And yet a lot of people are still intrigued by the aura around it, and ask if they just eat five now with tuna, put ten up their butts and three in a joint, will that work? No, it will not satisfy them--are they simply missing her more subtle magic, or is there something else, personal chemistry-wise?

This also gets complicated by the elusive gabapentin "breakthroughs." I'm not alone in noticing this. On seemingly random days, even the standard daily dosage schedule, with no recent tolerance breaks, that provides the standard "sense of well-being" expected, instead produces something much closer to what a lot of people would agree is a "high." I've gotten a whole lot more "euphoric" during these breakthroughs than I have with meth or coke. Sustained, head-lolling gratitude-for-the-Earth-Mother-level feelings.

I've found no connections to diet or hydration or moon phases, but possibly sleep, not that I could say more than "when sleep-deprived." So there's three different kinds of highs here, one impossible, one inscrutable, and one that a lot of drug-seekers are very disappointed with.

You could of course become dependent on it, but it's really tough to say a drug that physically limits is own maximum dose, with a rapid tolerance, could cause withdrawals on par with the more familiar villains. Even psychological dependence is tough--max dose effectiveness plummets back down to therapeutic levels before you'd have time to even change your habits. Then again, the human mind can believe it needs anything.

You could of course become dependent on it, but it's really tough to say a drug that physically limits is own maximum dose, with a rapid tolerance, could cause withdrawals on par with the more familiar villains. Even psychological dependence is tough--max dose effectiveness plummets back down to therapeutic levels before you'd have time to even change your habits. Then again, the human mind can believe it needs anything.

I was prescribed gabapentin 6 years ago and have been on it ever since. Like many others, it was portrayed to me as this benign harmless medication. Also, like others, I have come to find it is anything but. Gabepentin withdrawal is the worst withdrawal I have experienced, and that’s compared to the heroin and benzo withdrawals I had before I got sober. Even at a super slow taper it’s still difficult. It’s taken me 6 months to get from 1200mg to 600mg so I still have a long road ahead of me.
Gabapentin has a short half life and requires 3 or sometimes 4 daily doses. I get interdose withdrawals and even just missing a dose by an hour makes me feel like shit. My mood is up and down throughout the day which I also attribute to the gabapentin. Although phenibut seems to have an equally short half life, everything I read Says the effects last quite long. It seems people can get away with twice or sometimes even once daily Dosing. I would be so happy to be able to only dose twice a day.

Gabapentin has taken a psychological toll on me. This whole experience has sucked and I have grown to despise the medication and the people who put me on it.

I've been in the same boat as this guy so I can't just explain away GP's withdrawals as being psychosomatic. There's a whole GB W/D thread filled with like minded people that I tend to give far more credence to after living through it myself.

It seems some folks took offense at my attitudes around addiction. When I say that "the mind can believe it needs anything," I'm describing psychological dependence. I was not accusing anyone of malingering or lying, or dismissing anyone as a hypochondriac or even talking to anyone at all.

I could go into a lengthy clarification, but this thread is about trying to shove a generic pill that's not good for much of anything, up your butt to get high. To stoop to the AA songbook, what I was trying to describe earlier was closer to, "My best thinking got me here."

No offense whatsoever Scrof, I've just had people in the Gabapentin thread say W/D is impossible because their doctor said so and I still get a little "passionate" insisting it's very possible. Though some are blessed to not have it as bad as others. If you were even talking about physical W/D's that is.

OT:
Still trying to figure out how an amino acid transporter can work in one's bum better than one's gut..

I am highly addicted to gabapentin, but i could never imagine getting desperate enough for a high to try plugging it. Waste of time!

I love gabapentin but my problem is I keep taking it and taking it until my script is gone. I have no willpower :(