Please, I need help

I called! Like I said down below I got the nurses voicemail. I’m so scared right now. I don’t have any friends due to having depression for four years I’ve lost them all and taking care of my son and husband is kinda left me alone. I just want to thank you all for trying to help me. Maybe through the grace of God fingersThey will call me back.
I hope they get back to you. Don’t let them walk over you. Be strong and be firm. You can do this. I’m sending love your way.

It’s horrible to feel out of control and you have a lot on your plate. You are not a drug seeker. You are prescribed meds that you need to take. They are the ones that should make things easier for you by providing an alternative.

Walmart is your best bet for Sudafed, it's much cheaper as the generic equate brand (has to be the stuff you buy at the counter though, there is fake Sudafed you can find on shelves). I was searching about Vyvanse of Dexedrine shortages and I don't see any, I'm seeing that some are being put on Vyvanse despite the shortage. But yeah like Nurse said, just call. If she calls you drug seeking she just sucks and you should maybe file a complaint about her or something. There was an on call doctor I had problems with, she was horribly rude that got fired after some awful things she said to me. It wasn't about being drug seeking, more just being extremely rude and not being willing to help at all. Plenty of on call doctors (or is it off call? I forget) are quite helpful and some can even fill prescriptions.

I don't know when they close or how long it'll be but you don't wanna end up waiting until the last minutes, you might end up on hold for those minutes. That's when I had issues with on call doctors. I'd call at 3:55, be on hold for 5 minutes and then be told I can't speak with any doctors despite them all still being there. I recall them answering right at 4 when they closed and she treated me terribly, I made sure that was well known, and I guess a lot of people complained about her behavior so it wasn't just my own complaint.

I take it there's only that one nurse in the office then? Mine has 3 and it's not exactly a fancy place. It's odd how you wouldn't just be put on hold or something. Do you have a patientportal or some online thing to get in contact with your doctor directly? This is how I've often had stuff filled. Even past 4 when they'd close my doctor would still be there until at least 5 sometimes and then he'd get my stuff taken care of.

Either way, don't underestimate how much the Sudafed might be able to help if all else fails. I have a feeling quite a few people are taking that route, honestly. I'm sensitive to amphetamine in general but I did feel the effects were quite similar to Adderall.

The whole fear of sounding drug seeking is something a lot of people feel though. I'd feel this way often when I wanted Valium re-filled and I'd be shooting messages at other doctors because nobody was getting back to me and I was genuinely having severe panic attacks. I'm very surprised they didn't see me that way. I do know people who've been called drug seeking for much less though. My mother has severe back problems and many years ago she just wanted a temporary prescription for Oxy and they wouldn't give it to her, accused her of being drug seeking, but this was in the mid 1990s and that sort of thing was probably more common then.

While you are sitting there waiting for that call back start thinking about alternatives. What are you going to do tonight and tomorrow. Unless the adderall shipment comes in tomorrow you are going to be in the same boat.

Did any of the pharmacies you called tell you when they were expecting their shipments?

I hope they get back to you. Don’t let them walk over you. Be strong and be firm. You can do this. I’m sending love your way.

It’s horrible to feel out of control and you have a lot on your plate. You are not a drug seeker. You are prescribed meds that you need to take. They are the ones that should make things easier for you by providing an alternative.
They should but Why are they treating me so bad?

I’m new to this site so I don’t know if I’m postingIn the right place but I wanted to thank you all for helping me. I feel slightly better knowing people care and are still compassionate. So thank you all.

They should but Why are they treating me so bad?
Honestly, sometimes Drs or nurses get a complex and feel like they are better than everyone else. Sometimes they need to be put back in their place and reminded they work for you not the other way around, ye know?

I’m sorry it’s hard for you right now and I truly hope things work out.

While you are sitting there waiting for that call back start thinking about alternatives. What are you going to do tonight and tomorrow. Unless the adderall shipment comes in tomorrow you are going to be in the same boat.

Did any of the pharmacies you called tell you when they were expecting their shipments?
I called 15 of them and I asked them all the same question. Do you have any Adderall instant release 20 mg or even the extended release and they all said no. Then I asked them if they knew when the shipment would come in and they said no we never know but it could be quite a while. And yes tomorrow I will be in the same condition I don’t know what I’m going to do.

I called 15 of them and I asked them all the same question. Do you have any Adderall instant release 20 mg or even the extended release and they all said no. Then I asked them if they knew when the shipment would come in and they said no we never know but it could be quite a while. And yes tomorrow I will be in the same condition I don’t know what I’m going to do.
Also, I would take any alternative. Right now I just need something. Something. If it weren’t for all the terrible things that I am dealing with regarding my husband and son I could maybe just stay in bed for three or four days until the withdrawals go away but I can’t I have to be with my husband at 3 o’clock tomorrow for his zoom appointment with a neurologist and my son I have to drive him to therapy tomorrow also. I don’t know how I’m going to do This

Well you could have hardly saved any if you were taking them as prescribed. This isn't your fault. You simply aren't going to get any relief until you try one more time to get a different med.

Sadly there is nobody that can help you but your Dr. Or if you have any friends that might have some. Maybe someone in your social circle can help. I mean there isn't any kind of hotline you can call and Bluelight can only offer support.

You really need to get over the fear and CALL !!
Thank you for saying this wasn’t my fault. I know it wasn’t but I feel like the universe is trying to torture me it’s been constant it’s always something but this, this is the hardest right now. And you know what else, this doctor knows my husband is ill, he knows my son has autism he knows all of the pressures I have.

You said your doctor themselves are quite nice, right? It does sound like a shitty situation if that's the only nurse and you don't have a patientportal or some online portal to contact your doctor. Most places have something like this. Perhaps yours does and it's just not set up? I didn't even know about it until years after seeing my doctor. You're posting in a correct place for something like this though. Hope you can figure out a solution to this messy situation <3 I'm sure you'll be able to get through somehow but if this nurse is well known for being quite nasty I wouldn't count out filing a complaint. Though staff shortages are happening everywhere so who knows if it'd help that much, still. I'm sure many others have felt the same way about them.

Do ask them about Vyvanse, basically just a more extended release style of Adderall. Not the same thing, but very similar. And again Sudafed (pseudoephedrine) could also potentially help you a lot, but it'd have to be over the counter. There's fake Sudafed on the shelves which just has phenylephrine, this doesn't do anything at all.

I've seen some stuff upon searching about people turning to Sudafed and it seemed to help them. To be equivalent to like 20mg Adderall IR though, you'd probably have to take like, 4 of them? I'm not really sure. But this would be if you can't get Vyvanse or something. It's relatively cheap (generic) at any rate.

Walmart is your best bet for Sudafed, it's much cheaper as the generic equate brand (has to be the stuff you buy at the counter though, there is fake Sudafed you can find on shelves). I was searching about Vyvanse of Dexedrine shortages and I don't see any, I'm seeing that some are being put on Vyvanse despite the shortage. But yeah like Nurse said, just call. If she calls you drug seeking she just sucks and you should maybe file a complaint about her or something. There was an on call doctor I had problems with, she was horribly rude that got fired after some awful things she said to me. It wasn't about being drug seeking, more just being extremely rude and not being willing to help at all. Plenty of on call doctors (or is it off call? I forget) are quite helpful and some can even fill prescriptions.

I don't know when they close or how long it'll be but you don't wanna end up waiting until the last minutes, you might end up on hold for those minutes. That's when I had issues with on call doctors. I'd call at 3:55, be on hold for 5 minutes and then be told I can't speak with any doctors despite them all still being there. I recall them answering right at 4 when they closed and she treated me terribly, I made sure that was well known, and I guess a lot of people complained about her behavior so it wasn't just my own complaint.

I take it there's only that one nurse in the office then? Mine has 3 and it's not exactly a fancy place. It's odd how you wouldn't just be put on hold or something. Do you have a patientportal or some online thing to get in contact with your doctor directly? This is how I've often had stuff filled. Even past 4 when they'd close my doctor would still be there until at least 5 sometimes and then he'd get my stuff taken care of.

Either way, don't underestimate how much the Sudafed might be able to help if all else fails. I have a feeling quite a few people are taking that route, honestly. I'm sensitive to amphetamine in general but I did feel the effects were quite similar to Adderall.

The whole fear of sounding drug seeking is something a lot of people feel though. I'd feel this way often when I wanted Valium re-filled and I'd be shooting messages at other doctors because nobody was getting back to me and I was genuinely having severe panic attacks. I'm very surprised they didn't see me that way. I do know people who've been called drug seeking for much less though. My mother has severe back problems and many years ago she just wanted a temporary prescription for Oxy and they wouldn't give it to her, accused her of being drug seeking, but this was in the mid 1990s and that sort of thing was probably more common then.
I will check Walmart. I think I remember taking it once for a cold and it made me very jittery maybe I can only take half. Thank you SO MUCH all of you!

I forgot to hit…. post reply on that last post. I found a 30 mg pseudoephedrine in my cold remedy box. I couldn’t stand how I felt a minute longer so I just took the whole thing. Hopefully I will feel better.

Honestly, sometimes Drs or nurses get a complex and feel like they are better than everyone else. Sometimes they need to be put back in their place and reminded they work for you not the other way around, ye know?

I’m sorry it’s hard for you right now and I truly hope things work out.
Thank you. I know the area that I live in which is Youngstown Ohio has a lot of drug abuse. But the thing is this doctor knows me, he knows I don’t abuse drugs. I never have. I’ve never been flagged I’ve never been arrested I’ve never done anything wrong I try to do everything right and I still get fucked. Sorry for the language.

Thank you. I know the area that I live in which is Youngstown Ohio has a lot of drug abuse. But the thing is this doctor knows me, he knows I don’t abuse drugs. I never have. I’ve never been flagged I’ve never been arrested I’ve never done anything wrong I try to do everything right and I still get fucked. Sorry for the language.
Don’t worry about the language. If your Dr knows you then you shouldn’t have a problem getting him to prescribe alternative medication. Just insist that you talk to him about it. Tell the nurse that you only want to discuss with your Dr.

I had something similar to this happen years ago with generic mscontin. The pharmacy i was going to ciouldnt find any and you had better bet i was on the phone to my doc quick about that. He just wrote me out a script for kadian or ms lon brand morphine and problem solved. You dont have to suffer from being off your meds as there are alternatives

I forgot to hit…. post reply on that last post. I found a 30 mg pseudoephedrine in my cold remedy box. I couldn’t stand how I felt a minute longer so I just took the whole thing. Hopefully I will feel better.
The minimum recommended dose is 2 of them, but hopefully even 1 made you feel better. Not sure if it was expired or not or how much that'd affect the potency.

@Raylee so were you able to get anything squared away about Vyvanse or anything? I wouldn't imagine it could be done in one day but I'm not sure what insurance you have. Otherwise I hope Sudafed was able to help you.