• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Please, I need help

Raylee

Bluelighter
I am prescribed Adderall instant release legally. I’ve been taking it for six years daily. 20 mg three times a day. I can’t get it, none of the pharmacies carry it, there is a national shortage. My doctor doesn’t care I told him I’m feeling horrible having withdrawals anxiety panic etc. He told me just to call around and see if I can find it. I called 15 pharmacies and no one has it. What can I do? How can I make myself feel better? Please help I have a son with autism I need to take care of and my husband is sick too.
Oh, I forgot to say his nurse said to me “ you won’t die “ in a nasty tone. I told her please I just need to be my best self while I help my husband who has symptoms of Parkinson’s disease and we can’t figure out what is going on exactly. He is 62 years old. I just need to be there for my son and my husband and I’m just in bed crying hysterically.
Thank you

As said above, definitely try to engage with your doctor and see if he can prescribe you a different amphetmine in the meantime...even modafinil would help some

There seems to be somethin going on worldwide regarding meds. In UK there as been no Temazepam available for the lsat 3 months for example - a European wide problem I hear

If your Dr. really cares about you he/she can write you a script for a similar substance and you can take that until the Adderall becomes available again. Have you asked your Dr. to write you for something that will get you by like Vyvance or another stimulant?
I don’t get to speak to him. His nurse calls me back. She is not friendly and she is quick to get off the phone. I’m afraid to ask her. I’m afraid about everything right now. If I ask to talk to the doctor she says what do you want to know I will ask him and if I ask for Vyvanse or something like that I’m afraid they will look at me like I’m drug seeking and take the Adderall off of me altogether. It should not be like this. I am on it for depression and three other depression meds and I’ve been stable now for a long time with this treatment protocol. I’m so scared. My brain is not working well at all and I’m afraid to say the wrong thing and somehow they look at me differently. The nurse just says everyone is going through this and you won’t die. But I feel like I’m going to die I know I’m not but I feel like it. The psychiatrist I like and he’s usually really nice but you just can’t get to him you have to go through the nurse.

I don’t get to speak to him. His nurse calls me back. She is not friendly and she is quick to get off the phone. I’m afraid to ask her. I’m afraid about everything right now. If I ask to talk to the doctor she says what do you want to know I will ask him and if I ask for Vyvanse or something like that I’m afraid they will look at me like I’m drug seeking and take the Adderall off of me altogether. It should not be like this. I am on it for depression and three other depression meds and I’ve been stable now for a long time with this treatment protocol. I’m so scared.
If you have a valid script and you are unable to fill it due to a medication shortage I'm pretty sure they are gonna help you. You aren't drug seeking you are simply trying to get an alternative until the adderall comes back in stock. Just explain to the nurse your situation and ask her to kindly ask the Dr. for a different script. Even just a few days worth ( like 10 pills ) to get you over the hump and if your area pharmacies don't get restocked you are going to need a different medicine anyway. Might as well be brave and just call them and explain nicely what is going on and see if they can help. Ya never know.....maybe they just need you to calmly and nicely explain that you can't get your meds and that a few days supply of a different med would be the best way to go. They are going to have to write you a different med anyway if the adderall stays out of stock. Good luck.

Dexedrine should still be available and would substitute for addies. Sounds like your doc is being a cunt to be honest
How can I get to speak to the doctor if the nurse won’t let me?
Dexedrine should still be available and would substitute for addies. Sounds like your doc is being a cunt to be honest
I don’t know what his thinking is. I’m beyond understanding. It’s cruel .

If you have a valid script and you are unable to fill it due to a medication shortage I'm pretty sure they are gonna help you. You aren't drug seeking you are simply trying to get an alternative until the adderall comes back in stock. Just explain to the nurse your situation and ask her to kindly ask the Dr. for a different script. Even just a few days worth ( like 10 pills ) to get you over the hump and if your area pharmacies don't get restocked you are going to need a different medicine anyway. Might as well be brave and just call them and explain nicely what is going on and see if they can help. Ya never know.....maybe they just need you to calmly and nicely explain that you can't get your meds and that a few days supply of a different med would be the best way to go. They are going to have to write you a different med anyway if the adderall stays out of stock. Good luck.
I do I have a valid script and I never ever run out early. I never take advantage and I never ask for more. I’m just so scared to ask. I know she’s gonna say something nasty.

Are you absolutely sure they won't help you? Have you had issues in the past with this Dr.?

Seems there is more going on if they absolutely are gonna make you go without meds versus writing for a different stim.

It seems your fear is holding you back for some reason but you need to overcome that fear and call back as soon as you can because it's getting late in the day. Be as calm and as nice as you can and just ask her to please call you in a med that you can at least have for the next day or two and then you can work out the adderall problem when you get feeling like yourself again.

I should’ve saved some. Why was I so stupid? No one told me there was a shortage I knew nothing about it until I went to the pharmacy last night. Why what is this happening to me? It’s not just this is everything, my husband being so sick my son having autism me having depression and anxiety. I know I sound pathetic, but I feel like God is torturing me. I need to be my best me and I can’t be I can’t help them when I’m like this.

Are you absolutely sure they won't help you? Have you had issues in the past with this Dr.?

Seems there is more going on if they absolutely are gonna make you go without meds versus writing for a different stim.

It seems your fear is holding you back for some reason but you need to overcome that fear and call back as soon as you can because it's getting late in the day. Be as calm and as nice as you can and just ask her to please call you in a med that you can at least have for the next day or two and then you can work out the adderall problem when you get feeling like yourself again.
I’ve never had trouble in the past with him no. Like I said I’ve never ran out of meds early I’ve never asked for more I always make my appointments on time even early I see him every three weeks to four weeks and I’m A good person but I think maybe he has too many people asking for the same thing I don’t know. I just don’t know.

Maybe you'd be called drug seeking, but you won't know until you try. I've had similar experiences with cunty nurses like this, my doctor himself is very nice.
You've been on this for a long time and clearly are having withdrawals, that is something you should stress and your general situation. I'd imagine they should have Vyvanse but I have a feeling if there's a shortage, there could be a shortage on this too. I don't know as much about Dexedrine.

If the nurse won't let you talk to the doctor I would maybe just go in yourself. I think you're maybe a bit more paranoid at the moment in the state you're in. You should file a complaint about her if she's been this problematic.

If all else fails, although it's not the best option, Sudafed is an amphetamine and taking a couple of these (instant release) would likely help you out some. I always found it felt very, very similar to Adderall, but I never took it for any reason other than sinus issues.

But yeah, there are shortages of other stimulants as well. Ritalin has been having shortages at my pharmacies lately, I'm prescribed this, but fortunately I only take it when I feel like it so I have quite a bit. When I was getting a prescription last week someone was notified the didn't have any and they were upset to say the least, since CVS texting them telling them it was ready.

There must be someone I can contact to help. Are there any people that help people like me when situation like this occurs? I know it’s getting later and I am counting the minutes before they close. I just cannot get up the courage to call.

Maybe you'd be called drug seeking, but you won't know until you try. I've had similar experiences with cunty nurses like this, my doctor himself is very nice.
You've been on this for a long time and clearly are having withdrawals, that is something you should stress and your general situation. I'd imagine they should have Vyvanse but I have a feeling if there's a shortage, there could be a shortage on this too. I don't know as much about Dexedrine.

If the nurse won't let you talk to the doctor I would maybe just go in yourself. I think you're maybe a bit more paranoid at the moment in the state you're in. You should file a complaint about her if she's been this problematic.

If all else fails, although it's not the best option, Sudafed is an amphetamine and taking a couple of these (instant release) would likely help you out some. I always found it felt very, very similar to Adderall, but I never took it for any reason other than sinus issues.

But yeah, there are shortages of other stimulants as well. Ritalin has been having shortages at my pharmacies lately, I'm prescribed this, but fortunately I only take it when I feel like it so I have quite a bit. When I was getting a prescription last week someone was notified the didn't have any and they were upset to say the least, since CVS texting them telling them it was ready.
Thank you. IF I can get myself to the drugstore I will look for it. Right now I haven’t been able to leave my bed yet. And I am trying, I’m trying really hard. I’m telling myself more of this is just in your head. But nothing I do helps.

I should’ve saved some. Why was I so stupid? No one told me there was a shortage I knew nothing about it until I went to the pharmacy last night. Why what is this happening to me? It’s not just this is everything, my husband being so sick my son having autism me having depression and anxiety. I know I sound pathetic, but I feel like God is torturing me. I need to be my best me and I can’t be I can’t help them when I’m like this.
Well you could have hardly saved any if you were taking them as prescribed. This isn't your fault. You simply aren't going to get any relief until you try one more time to get a different med.

Sadly there is nobody that can help you but your Dr. Or if you have any friends that might have some. Maybe someone in your social circle can help. I mean there isn't any kind of hotline you can call and Bluelight can only offer support.

You really need to get over the fear and CALL !!

OK. I did it. I called. She didn’t answer I had to leave a message. I told her how bad I feel I told her I’ve never asked for meds early I’ve never ran out I’ve never missed appointments and I’m having a really hard time. I asked her if she could get a message to the doctor to see if there was anything else he could describe me until the Adderall shortage is done. I swear they don’t like me for some reason but it’s not him though it’s just the nurse. I don’t know what I’ve ever done. I’ve never done anything to them. I felt like I needed to defend myself and I told her please don’t be mad at me but…….. And then I went on with my speech. I hope I didn’t just mess it up more for myself.

Nurse is absolutely spot on.

Try to push past your fear and explain to the Dr/nurse that considering no pharmacies are stocking your medication at this time that you will require an alternate prescription short time until they have stock.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with asking for medication you are legally prescribed and when it’s not available, asking for an alternative.

Bite the bullet and be firm with them, don’t let that nurse walk all over you. You have a right to be treated with dignity and respect.

Well you could have hardly saved any if you were taking them as prescribed. This isn't your fault. You simply aren't going to get any relief until you try one more time to get a different med.

Sadly there is nobody that can help you but your Dr. Or if you have any friends that might have some. Maybe someone in your social circle can help. I mean there isn't any kind of hotline you can call and Bluelight can only offer support.

You really need to get over the fear and CALL !!
I called! Like I said down below I got the nurses voicemail. I’m so scared right now. I don’t have any friends due to having depression for four years I’ve lost them all and taking care of my son and husband is kinda left me alone. I just want to thank you all for trying to help me. Maybe through the grace of God fingers crossed they will call me back.

OK. I did it. I called. She didn’t answer I had to leave a message. I told her how bad I feel I told her I’ve never asked for meds early I’ve never ran out I’ve never missed appointments and I’m having a really hard time. I asked her if she could get a message to the doctor to see if there was anything else he could describe me until the Adderall shortage is done. I swear they don’t like me for some reason but it’s not him though it’s just the nurse. I don’t know what I’ve ever done. I’ve never done anything to them. I felt like I needed to defend myself and I told her please don’t be mad at me but…….. And then I went on with my speech. I hope I didn’t just mess it up more for myself.
Okay. Good for you for calling. Try and calm down a little bit. Just breathe !!!!