• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Please Help!! Tightness in my chest and stomach from Crack

I was under the impression that that getting bell-ringing in your ears (sometimes described as a freight train running through your head) is the goal when smoking crack?

I know it is for those who inject cocaine.
And chasing it is probably the single biggest cause of strokes and heart attacks amongst users.

Whatever personal loss you have suffered skirting death every time you take a hit is not really going to make anything better. Even the worst grief passes with time. And faster if you can share it with someone who cares.
Possibly but I didn’t like it one bit. It scared the shit out of me honestly. And yeah I know you’re right sometimes it’s just so hard to keep going.

Possibly but I didn’t like it one bit. It scared the shit out of me honestly. And yeah I know you’re right sometimes it’s just so hard to keep going.
There are threads in the recovery and mental health forums here where you’d get a sympathetic ear if you ever wanted to talk your grief out a bit. They are a sledging and judgement free zone.

Even the idea of having to pay for essential care is barbaric. If somebody wants to smart ass their way out of a bill, all the power to them imo.

I was under the impression that that getting bell-ringing in your ears (sometimes described as a freight train running through your head) is the goal when smoking crack?
i never got it by smoking, only injecting, and don't think i would have enjoyed it without the heroin smoothing it out. especially if it gets way too intense and the sound is deafening and overwhelming. i'm pretty sure i've actually damaged my ears, i have tinnitus quite badly that started after a shot that left my ears feeling like they were underwater for two weeks and my hearing is noticeably worse than it was before i ever injected coke.

the goal of smoking crack for me before i got addicted was pleasure, after i got addicted cos i 'had' to and would get 5 seconds relief in the period between hitting a pipe and planning the next one.

All I'm gonna say about the earlier discussion is that it's barbaric that people can work 40 hours a week at a minimum wage job and not make enough money to survive. Some say "get a better job", but the minimum wage jobs need filling, so you can't penalize those people. Health insurance premiums cost more than rent for some people, it's unrealistic to expect that everyone can afford health care. I have friends who work 2 jobs, 60+ hours a week, and can support their families, but can't afford health care or much else. That's just wrong. Fortunately I had the opportunity to go to college and not accrue massive debt doing so, and I have a great job with a salary and they pay 80% of my health insurance premium... but there are millions and millions of people who are not lazy in any way who simply can't afford to live well in this country because wages are so low compared to the cost of living.

I agree there are definitely people who abuse the system, and there are definitely lazy Americans. But there are also huge numbers of people who work very hard and still can't afford the basic necessities.

All I'm gonna say about the earlier discussion is that it's barbaric that people can work 40 hours a week at a minimum wage job and not make enough money to survive. Some say "get a better job", but the minimum wage jobs need filling, so you can't penalize those people. Health insurance premiums cost more than rent for some people, it's unrealistic to expect that everyone can afford health care. I have friends who work 2 jobs, 60+ hours a week, and can support their families, but can't afford health care or much else. That's just wrong. Fortunately I had the opportunity to go to college and not accrue massive debt doing so, and I have a great job with a salary and they pay 80% of my health insurance premium... but there are millions and millions of people who are not lazy in any way who simply can't afford to live well in this country because wages are so low compared to the cost of living.

I agree there are definitely people who abuse the system, and there are definitely lazy Americans. But there are also huge numbers of people who work very hard and still can't afford the basic necessities.
I see immigrants that can barely speak English making more then minimum wage so in seriously don’t understand how someone can spend more then a couple years in a job like that without moving up unless they’re useless...

I’m sure it sounds harsh but is it more fair to penalize people that go out of there way to contribute to society and be productive so that people that aren’t don’t have to feel the consequences? I’m in the electrical union and we have a program for people of color that live in the city where they can get in without doing the aptitude test or interview and every single one fails out. I really believe it’s because they grew up getting crap for free. On the other hand there’s immigrants that came here from other countries that don’t have that program and stuck working as ‘R’ workers pretty much meaning they’re doing the same thing for less money and I know every single one of them would make it through the program if they had the chance. The more you help people like that the less they try. If we had a village of 20 people and 3 of them didn’t do shit I bet everyone of you would stop helping them after a week, why is this different?

Easy for you to say, you are you. Other people are not you, and behave differently based on their genes and their upbringing, neither of which are things they chose. Should people be paid so little they can not survive in a nation that produces more than enough to feed and house them? I would say not. Should there be incentives to work harder? of course, that is essentially why the world is so prosperous the last couple centuries. but you need balance, cant have the rich walking all over the poor either.