• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Please Help!! Tightness in my chest and stomach from Crack

NickyTricks

Bluelighter
Hey I’m finding it really hard to breath after taking hits of crack and throughout the day. My lungs are making a squeaky noise and my stomach and sides are incredibly tight. Is it cut with something trash or am I just doing to much?

Shortness of breath and tightness in the chest sound indicative of cardiovascular distress. It would be recommendable to go to the hospital if possible.
The tightness went away. I honestly think I almost overdosed. I’m take a couple days break. I will go to the hospital if I get worse I just don’t have insurance unfortunately.

Well, stimulants can cause severe anxiety which can be pretty scary, but it doesn't seem like you were experiencing a panic attack or something along those lines (I just didn't get that impression from reading your post but I could be wrong).

Some cuts may cause issues but cocaine itself is a pretty cardiotoxic drug, it's notorious for causing cardiovascular complications.
Symptoms like chest tightness accompanied by trouble breathing and other cardiovascular effects following cocaine use (specially binging) shoud be taken seriously.
Out of curiosity, are you a cigarette smoker?

For instance, the risk of heart attack is thought to be about 20-25x higher within the first hour of taking cocaine.
IIRC it's one of the main causes of myocardial infarction and other serious heart problems amoung young people.

So yeah take care and please seek help if you start feeling sick again.

Last edited:
I've had some bad batches of crack that I think caused "crack lung" (a condition you can google) that had that kind of squeaking. It lasted weeks, until I took prednisone. '

Well, stimulants can cause severe anxiety which can be pretty scary, but it doesn't seem like you were experiencing a panic attack or something along those lines (I just didn't get that impression from reading your post but I could be wrong).

Some cuts may cause issues but cocaine itself is a pretty cardiotoxic drug, it's notorious for causing cardiovascular complications.
Symptoms like chest tightness accompanied by trouble breathing and other cardiovascular effects following cocaine use (specially binging) shoud be taken seriously.
Out of curiosity, are you a cigarette smoker?

For instance, the risk of heart attack is thought to be about 20-25x higher within the first hour of taking cocaine.
IIRC it's one of the main causes of myocardial infarction and other serious heart problems amoung young people.

So yeah take care and please seek help if you start feeling sick again.
Not a cigarette smoker but I juul

I've had some bad batches of crack that I think caused "crack lung" (a condition you can google) that had that kind of squeaking. It lasted weeks, until I took prednisone. '
Yep gotten it twice before. It’s so weird tho me and my boy get from the same guy and it seems I always end up getting crack lung. Maybe I’m holding it in too long

I would advise taking a break from it for a while.

Give your heart a little break.

What people above me already said. Your heart is about to give out. You might just have a "heart attack" and recover, but each heart attack damages the heart muscle (typically). Switch to booze or somethin to chill you out and mellow.

Yep gotten it twice before. It’s so weird tho me and my boy get from the same guy and it seems I always end up getting crack lung. Maybe I’m holding it in too long

You shouldn't be holding in crack, or meth, or other chemicals. They start to crystallize, like they do in the pipe.

Not to freak you out but a couple years ago I ended up smoking some crack which I never do, ended up taking way too big a hit and felt like I was having a heart attack... literally thought I was going to die. A few days later I started feeling this pressure in my chest which was constant all the time.... it took months to subside and I still feel it when I get stressed out or I drink too much coffee or something. Coke is really bad for the heart man, especially when smoked, it would be best to stay away but if you cant at least cut back on dosage.

Oh, I've had multiple people who do a lot of meth tell me that, and emphasize it very strongly.

What about crack? It's not water soluble.

Think about it this way, why do you smoke crack? to get the crack into your lungs and up to your brain. crack is a pretty pure chemical so whatever you blow out is the same thing that is the reason you are doing what you are doing. Holding in is no worse than smoking more, if your lungs didnt absorb it... you wouldnt get high.

this is a common myth among drug users who didnt stop to think that their lungs arent made of cold glass.

Think about it this way, why do you smoke crack? to get the crack into your lungs and up to your brain. crack is a pretty pure chemical so whatever you blow out is the same thing that is the reason you are doing what you are doing. Holding in is no worse than smoking more, if your lungs didnt absorb it... you wouldnt get high.

this is a common myth among drug users who didnt stop to think that their lungs arent made of cold glass.
So what causes "crack lung" then exactly? Why doesn't smoking/vaping other substances do this?

So what causes "crack lung" then exactly? Why doesn't smoking/vaping other substances do this?
From what I understand crack lung is caused by prolonged narrowing of the blood vessels in the lung, the restricted blood flow can weaken tissue which can cause all kinds of things. Im sure inhaling little bits if brillo is also a possibility.

The tightness went away. I honestly think I almost overdosed. I’m take a couple days break. I will go to the hospital if I get worse I just don’t have insurance unfortunately.
I don’t know where you live but in the US, no ER will turn you away due to lack of insurance. Most hospitals will apply for Medicaid on your behalf. If you don’t qualify due to your income or assets exceeding the threshold for Medicaid, hospitals are required to provide care as needed and they may then elect to put you on a payment plan. Never avoid medical care due to lack of insurance; unfortunately dental care does not work this way. They’re not legally required to treat you and/or set up any kind of payment arrangements for care necessary.