• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

please help..post MDMA come down......so scared....losing hope

It sounds to me that from all the alcohol the MDMA and whatever else you consumed (couldn't read everything) that you have depleated your serotonin. You should recover in time. Just eat a healthy balanced diet, exercise, take in some sun and try to live a productive life. Most importantly stay away from alcohol and all other drugs for a while.

There is no way you're going to recover your 5HT receptors (which is what is wrong because you abused MDMA) by being on an SSRI.

You will be able to do fine in Uni. I am in my third year of law school and in the beginning of this experience I thought it was all over for me and that I had doomed myself to living on the streets like a crack head.

Not true at all man. Now I am completely fine cognitively, I just have spouts of dp/dr and anxiety. Once you calm down your mental function returns. I'm serious stay off of blue light and other sites, you will only prelong the stress.

Since my experience I have passed the MPRE (legal ethics exam which a lot of people don't pass on their first time in CA) and have kept my rank in school. I can still perform fine at work and school.

Hell, Yesterday I was in court for a hearing and I was FINE.

Five months ago I would have said no way I would ever finish school or be able to have a profession.

It just takes time. That is the hardest part, it's not like a broken arm where you can go to the dr. and two months later you are fixed. You just have to ride it out.

Distract yourself and start having fun. No more drugs or caffeine.

ok so its been two weeks off the anti depressant-nortriptyline....i feel pretty good...but i feel symptoms coming back from before.....sensitivity to light, tightness of jaw, ear popping, slight headaches, lethargic......i felt like the anti depressant made my symptoms go away but it brought on a whole bunch more thats why i stopped it, since i stopped it is all my orginal symptoms gonna come back? i am so so nervous!......i cant live on those pills and i dont want to go back feeling the way i felt.....

if this was me, id go to the hostpital. they know the drug 'MDMA' if your certain thats what it was, they can treat you. (this is my opinion there are probley better ones) :L

Calm down, relax. There is obviously a lot more to this than the MDMA experience, so maybe you should consider checking in with a psychologist instead of a medical doctor. If the EKG and Cat scan comes out fine, your bloodwork came out fine, then i'm sorry to say but you're fine dude.

Calm down, relax. There is obviously a lot more to this than the MDMA experience, so maybe you should consider checking in with a psychologist instead of a medical doctor. If the EKG and Cat scan comes out fine, your bloodwork came out fine, then i'm sorry to say but you're fine dude.

cat scans cannot show mdma damage. spect or fmri scan might.

to the op, keep your chin up it will get better, how are you after stopping the AD ?

cheers

can someone please help me...bc i dont feel like its getting better i have been off the anti depressants....i just dont feel me...its been two months since the incident....my heart has been pounding a lot lately....had the heart checked at the ER no problems found....please can someone read my story and give me more input...im super scared....i am not doing well in school.....my head feels tight, sinus pressure, ears popping, lethargic, weight is down....i feel like i am dieing a slow death....i feel like i have no purpose, like i want to quite life

Dude you have to quit freaking out about it. You fucked yourself up and the only thing that is going to help is time. I'm at five months, I'm not fixed but I am definitely better.

You have to accept that this is gonna take a long time. Start to carry on as normal, the more attention you give the bad comedown the bolder it gets. Stay off bluelight and the Internet trying to find a cure, it's just going to stress you out.

People recover from this, it just takes a lot longer than we would like.

EDIT: look at it this way, MDMA has been used for several decades, you are not the first person to suffer a shitty long term comedown. I have seen ZERO stories of anyone who is still in a bad comedown from the 80s, 90s or early 2000s. I have seen a ton of "fuck I'm in a bad comedown"posts by freaked out users. then people nevr post again. They don't post anymore because they eventually got better and moved on with their lives.

There are stories of people who do suffer very long term effects but they REALLY abused it, I'm talking hundreds to thousands of pills. Unless you have taken pills every day for a extended period of time, you have a very decent chance of going back to normal. You just have to realize that the only thing you can do is suck it up and ride it out.

Your brain is stressed, stressing about being stressed is not helping you. Do yoga or meditation or something to et your mind of of it.

Last edited:
I agree with almost everyone here. You will get better. It may take six months to a year, and it may be two steps forward three steps back, four steps forward, .... But you WILL improve. Try to be patient. Look at this as a long hike back home. There is no way around it so take your time, let go of wanting the past to be different, play a sport or at least excercise, eat veggies, smile, breath. You'll be back and wonder what you were so caught up about. Just remember then how hard it was and don't fall down the same trap door again.

i just feel like i have a bad lack of concentration! its really frustrating with school.....i am gaining some weight back....i am definitely less stressed.....all the medical bills i racked up arent really making me feel that great(so if you read my post sen5 i did go to the hospital and saw many doctors=all of them say im perfectly healthy as far as testing goes-and i told my doctors exactly what happened) ....my forehead feels tight or stuffy/heachachey a lil....pressure in the bridge of the nose/ stuffy nose.....headaches in the temple area.....i wonder if my serotonin is depleted still.....my buddy said he thinks its my serotonin....he also recommended no ssri's.....i just feel like if it hasn't come back by now it prob isnt going too?. i am working out pretty hard and running, and do other vigorous activities that involve alot of balance and i seem to have no problem.....its my studying that is causing me stresss bc i dont have interest in what im studying and all the symptoms on top of it...its a double whammy....i think i have some sinus issues on top of all this....im just losing hope quite a bit...i am still not getting good sleep....i was having issues with sleep before i had my incident....please be constructive/and i just want some people who have been through this to please respond....i feel like my eyes are aggravated took....i think im having some allergy/sinus stuff a little too which just adds to all of this crap.....my diet is good.....im living a very clean life......i have an occasional drink once in a while.....

Oi italian stallion

CHILLLLL Man :)

just relax you need to learn to relax, you can make it so much worse by over thinking about everything. Why not change things steps in your life and do the best you can for your body and that.

I don't recomend ssri

I recommend lots of exercise. I am starting up some exercise, if you want to join me and share each others progress/activitiies thatd be cool. exercise sunlight and healthy foods no drugs, thats what you need.

Vitamin C , Maybe some L-theanine

All things to repair that brain of yours, get you back on track yeah? :)
Feel free to PM me

I agree 10000%. Anti-depressants and ativian aren't going to do SHIT to help you. Tell your doctor you want off the ADs, I'm sure he is legally required to get you off of them, and to do it safely. Also, I would fucking tell him off for giving you Ativian for anxiety. Tell him to give you an actual benzo in light enough doses so it will cure your anxiety. He doesn't want you abusing them, that's why he gave you a much shittier drug instead.. but you actually NEED the drug, and things like that are unacceptable in the medical community.

Lol you're trippin, ativan is an actual benzo (whatever that means) and it's definitely effective for anxiety attacks or acute anxiety. I don't know what you think ativan is, but it actually works best for a lot of people, it just doesn't fuck you up the same as xanax or Kpins do. And anti depressants can and do help, they're best when used short term but it's just straight ignorance to say they wont do shit.

ok so just going to give an update...im pretty nervous at the moment. I still dont feel a 100% right. I have pressure in the head, watery eyes(watery eye discharge is from bathsalts i was told), stuffy head congestion, concentration issues, not horny/sexual dysfunction....the sides and the front of the forehead feel tight....i talked with someone who knows about bath salts they said my symptoms sound dead on..but all they know is about the symptoms....i took the drugs on august 15.....i came to the conclusion that its not MDMA....i believe it was a bath salt of some sorts-it was pure white like cocaine...im pretty freaked out by all this....basically as i have been the whole time. I have obviously got somewhat better since the incident...but i hope that i am going to recover close to 100% as possible...i hope i keep getting better and better..does anybody know anything about bath salts bc i am freaking out. I knew it wasnt Mdma .....i cant take this anymore....when is it gonna be over.....i dont want to feel this way forever...I know that some say that it takes like 6 to 12 months for the brain to recover but it feels like pure torture

Never lose hope

I don't agree with most of these posts. I've experienced MDMA-induced depression and with the right lifestyle and medication I've been able to feel like my old happy self again. I was on Prozac for a year, stayed clean from all substances for the majority of the time, worked hard, and worked out every day. And I made it to a point in my life where I never felt happier. Yet I still vividly remember the long black couple years where I believed my drug use such as MDMA has screwed me up and there was no light at the tunnel. It just takes time and a little bit of work to recover your brain. The brain is a very complex system in our body. It's capable of more than you think. If you feel drugs have screwed you up it's time for you to take a long break. I took a good fourteen months off drugs and now I'm back to using very occasionally but I have absolutely no problem with my use like I did before. The come downs I experience are not that harsh just like how when I first started using drugs. I'm off Prozac by the way. My mind used to be my worst enemy man. I can feel where you're coming from. You need to find something in your life that makes you happy outside of substances. Try to land a promotion on your job or go back to school. Do something that will naturally release the chemicals in your brain that make you happy. It will take some time to recover. But you will reach a point where you can use substances responsibly and not have a problem like you used to IME.

derek....I have been feeling pretty good lately...but i started drinking again...just around this thanksgiving holiday season...i think maybe the alcohol did it and staying up super late....i have not consumed any drugs and will never again....i cannot handle another relapse....i went to bed last night at like 9 and slept all morning....my head feels ache....this feeling had went away the last two weeks or so....im scared....my sleep has been messed up for a while...i always wake up at like 7 30 or 8 every morning....i just cant go backwards i have been doing really good and been getting my life on a good track....i was around some people who were smoking pot or whatever could of been k2...i hope by being around them i didnt breathe anything in that would cause this....but i have been feeling more stressed this last week...i am losing hope i cannot go through this again...I finally started gaining weight back and everything.....

what if they fucken gave me bathsalts? can i still recover from this?...its been three months? yes i have made alot of progress ....since then

what if they fucken gave me bathsalts? can i still recover from this?...its been three months? yes i have made alot of progress ....since then

did u suffer allucinations? if is not...i settle that it wasnt bath salts, what did u feel in the roll?

I felt like i was rolling on MDMA...or ecstasy...but not as hard as i should of....I noticed i couldnt sleep/shakey ...i had to take xanex to sleep finally and i slept for a long ass time...we partied from like 11 pm to 10 am the next day.....the pill was in a capsule and it was white like cocaine looking.....my buddy split a mdma(brown or tan looking capsule) pill and that pill(white cocaine one which was given to us by someone else) into a drink and we split it amongst four people....I didnt suffer hallucinations...3 out of the four of us had headaches for a while me lasting for a month or almost...but 6 months earlier he gave me some of the same pills and i felt like i had an outer body experience...like i just felt like i left the conversation i was in and had another one with someone else and then came back.... but i didnt have any weird shit ever happen...like see demons or anything crazy..i had a same headache experience that last two days....getting back to that next day...I did feel extremely hot the and sweaty the next day as we layed by the pool hence we were outside....what do you experience from bath salts can you explain please?....but i didnt have major issues for almost a week after that night

anyway i noticed my head has been feeling pressure like again....i hope im not having a relapse.....but i called a drug abuse clinic....they said that there patients complain about head pressure....and have watery discharge eyes! which is pretty dead on to what i have .....so that why i wa thinking maybe bathsalts...and my buddy or not my buddy carries this shit around with him on planes so he cant be worried about it...so it must not be illegal and bathsalts arent quite illegal....in most states

Last edited: