• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Planning to Attempt a DXM Plateau Sigma trip. Advice please?

WeedDxm

Bluelighter
Ok, so this weekend my parents will be away for an entire day, so I'm going to try Plateau Sigma for the first time. I'm an experienced DXM user, with 70+ trips under my belt. I usually do anywhere from 500mg to 1,000mg per trip, and I usually will combine DXM with Cannabis, and sometimes Diphenhydramine. Anyways, this is my plan:

- 4 Bottles of Robitussin Long Acting Cough (354mg DXM each)

T 0:00 (354mg)
T +3:00 (354mg)
T +6:00 (354mg)
T +9:00 (354mg) - Total: 1,416mg DXM

I will also be smoking .25g to .5g of Cannabis with some friends, probably around T +3:00.

Is this a good dose to experience Plateau Sigma? Keep in mind my tolerance is somewhat high. What is Plateau Sigma like? Any information from experienced DXM users will be appreciated! Thanks.

I wouldn't do it, you are liable to lose total control of your actions/body and run around and hurt yourself. getting so high on drugs that you don't know you are on drugs anymore or what you are experiencing or what "you" even is, is just pointless and not something anyone can integrate benefit from or enjoy. just my opinion. your brain is a limited physical organism, trying to transcend that by taking tons of drugs isn't going to let you transcend your brain and become god.

From a fairly extensive history in dxm, I have not attempted plateau sigma, though I have had some very strange effects from redosing.
I dont know your weight, so the appropriate doses to get to it are,
a mid 2nd plateau +00.00
a mid 2nd plateau +04.00
a high 3rd plateau +08.00

Expect extreme dissociation, but not to the level of losing control of your body and running around and hurting yourself.

If you are very comfortable where you are at on dxm, and can handle yourself well at 3rd and 4th plateau doses then you will probably enjoy it. You also may have a horrible time. Have a tripsitter, and stay safe.

Also avoid tobbacco for at least a day.
I have heard that something in tobbacco contradicts something in the sigma proccess.

I'll just leaves this here:

"Over half the people who had a Plateau Sigma experience have said it was extremely unpleasant and that they would never repeat it. " -William E. White

That said the directions are in here:
NSFW:
The most commonly reported dosage regimen for Plateau Sigma is given below. However, before giving it, I warn you strongly against making this sort of attempt. DXM at high dosages is probably hard both on the brain and the body, and extending the experience is likely to increase the chance for dangerous side effects. Furthermore, one must be experienced enough with DXM, with the psychedelic experience in general, and with one's own mind, to be able to understand the experience. Everyone who has reported a successful experience with this dosage regimen has been at least 23 years of age. While I do not doubt that some younger people may be capable of having a good experience at this plateau, most seem to be unable to understand it and unable to control it, and there may be a real danger of psychotic breaks. Finally, the experience is in some ways acutely uncomfortable, as one's contact with inner and outer reality seems to break down entirely.

Combining suggestions from others I have come up with the following dosage regimen. Start relatively early in the day (the experience degrades if one is too fatigued), at about 6 to 10 hours after awakening. It helps tremendously if one is in good physical shape and not under emotional stress. Take a low second plateau dose. In three hours (or about 1 hour after the peak), take a second low plateau dose. At three more hours (or, again, 1 hour after second peak) take a high second plateau or low third plateau dose. After coming down from the third plateau, instead of going back to the second plateau and down to baseline, you may be left in Plateau Sigma. Drugs which inhibit cytochrome P450-2D6 seem to enhance the duration and intensity of the experience. Nicotine is reported to inhibit it, and may even prevent it entirely.

At Plateau Sigma interesting things happen to reality. Some have reported vivid, entirely realistic contacts with alien entities, spirits, gods and goddesses. Unlike the fourth plateau, these contacts often take place with eyes open, immersed in everyday reality. Although none of the people who reported these experiences to me had bad trips, most related that the experiences were so real that they felt they easily could have.

Vision suffers a curious change, seeming to consist of well-processed but highly strobed images; so strong is the effect that it seems as if one is looking at the world under a fast strobe light. The eyes don't seem to track in synch with the inner 3D model of the world, so that when one looks to one side or another, the world lurches back and forth for a moment. Interestingly, it almost seems as if one is looking at the world from an inner vision with the eyes closed (see Section 5.11).

Finally, thoughts can be totally deranged. Connections between entirely unrelated ideas form, causality goes out to lunch, and one's personality seems pretty much dissolved into the universe. Expect to hear a lot of voices; some people find themselves totally obedient to them. There seems to be a "tireless" quality to the experience, as if one does not feel either fatigue or emotion directly, but only receives information from the inner voices ("sit down now, you're tired"). There are interesting comparisons both to accounts of acute schizophrenia and to Jaynes' postulated bicameral mind (350).

Again, let me warn you of the dangers here. You are probably stepping head first into psychosis, and unless you've got a very good trip sitter, you might end up coming back to reality in a padded room. Or, if you're really unlucky, you might freak out, have a hypertensive crisis, and end up in the hospital. Chronic high-dose use of PCP has been implicated both in deterioration of some brain areas and in cerebral hemorrhages. While PCP stands somewhat alone among dissociatives due to its additional and peculiar pharmacology, one should always be cautious when blazing trails in uncharted territory.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/faq/dxm_experience.shtml#toc.5.9

The sigma is almost psychedelic, it's distinct from the standard plateaus we use to normally categorize DXM experiences.
Your doses look good considering you're experienced with DXM and have a tolerance, if your tolerance is disgustingly high you may not reach sigma. I think you'll have no problem if your tolerance isn't that high though.

I don't use DXM anymore, but I did a lot in the past and sigma tripping is something I would really like to do again. I can't really offer a description because the Sigma is a very personal thing, it will bring out everything. You have to experience it, and I really don't think there's much chance of you losing control of your body or actions because you're not taking the 1.4g all in one sitting and you have a tolerance and considerable experience. I used to push DXM dosing to the ceiling and I actually experienced lower body paralysis opposed to running around like a naked maniac. 1.4g is a large dose, but for an experienced user with tolerance it's more like 800-1000mg

The sigma is almost psychedelic, it's distinct from the standard plateaus we use to normally categorize DXM experiences.
Your doses look good considering you're experienced with DXM and have a tolerance, if your tolerance is disgustingly high you may not reach sigma. I think you'll have no problem if your tolerance isn't that high though.

I don't use DXM anymore, but I did a lot in the past and sigma tripping is something I would really like to do again. I can't really offer a description because the Sigma is a very personal thing, it will bring out everything. You have to experience it, and I really don't think there's much chance of you losing control of your body or actions because you're not taking the 1.4g all in one sitting and you have a tolerance and considerable experience. I used to push DXM dosing to the ceiling and I actually experienced lower body paralysis opposed to running around like a naked maniac. 1.4g is a large dose, but for an experienced user with tolerance it's more like 800-1000mg
Yeah, I've taken up to 1700mg and always experienced an inability to move rather than uncontrollable movement. Never Sigma'd though.

Wow, to me that seems like a ton to be taking but I guess after that many trips you have a pretty good tolerance built up, although I'm not quite sure how that functions yet. I'm inexperienced with DXM and have only taken four trips so far, but I think even with a tolerance built up that amount of DXM should get you to plateau sigma fairly well. From what I have read, reaching plateau sigma only requires you to stay around 2nd+ plateau for a fairly decent amount of time. I think the amount of DXM taken isn't really that important so long as you keep redosing (increasing the dosage is supposed to help I think) and remaining in the trip. Keep in mind though this is just my opinion from what I have read and I myself have not attempted to reach plateau sigma yet. From the anecdotes I have come across plateau sigma seems to be a rather unpleasant experience for around half of the people who reach it. Apparently you sort of drift even farther from yourself, becoming more dissociated and pretty much completely losing control of your actions. Plateau sigma also seems to be where people experience the strongest visual and auditory hallucinations, including voices that instruct them to do various things. Hopefully harmless things.

Anyway what do I know, I've only read things from the internet :) In my opinion the best thing to do is just to try it and see what happens. Also sorry if my grammar or whatever is incorrect, I'm coming down from my fourth robotrip at the moment :D Hope you enjoy your trip

Wow, to me that seems like a ton to be taking but I guess after that many trips you have a pretty good tolerance built up, although I'm not quite sure how that functions yet. I'm inexperienced with DXM and have only taken four trips so far, but I think even with a tolerance built up that amount of DXM should get you to plateau sigma fairly well. From what I have read, reaching plateau sigma only requires you to stay around 2nd+ plateau for a fairly decent amount of time. I think the amount of DXM taken isn't really that important so long as you keep redosing (increasing the dosage is supposed to help I think) and remaining in the trip. Keep in mind though this is just my opinion from what I have read and I myself have not attempted to reach plateau sigma yet. From the anecdotes I have come across plateau sigma seems to be a rather unpleasant experience for around half of the people who reach it. Apparently you sort of drift even farther from yourself, becoming more dissociated and pretty much completely losing control of your actions. Plateau sigma also seems to be where people experience the strongest visual and auditory hallucinations, including voices that instruct them to do various things. Hopefully harmless things.

Anyway what do I know, I've only read things from the internet :) In my opinion the best thing to do is just to try it and see what happens. Also sorry if my grammar or whatever is incorrect, I'm coming down from my fourth robotrip at the moment :D Hope you enjoy your trip

For me, I didn't notice any tolerance to DXM at all until I did about 50 trips. This is what people call the '50 trip limit'. My tolerance isn't insane or anything, but noticeable for sure.

For me, I didn't notice any tolerance to DXM at all until I did about 50 trips. This is what people call the '50 trip limit'. My tolerance isn't insane or anything, but noticeable for sure.

Do you know any effective ways to reduce the risk of gaining tolerance? Should keeping my usage to around 1-2 times a month at 2nd-3rd plateau prevent me from gaining too much of a tolerance, or is becoming tolerant inevitable? I really like DXM so far, and I wouldn't want to lose the feeling :)

Do you know any effective ways to reduce the risk of gaining tolerance? Should keeping my usage to around 1-2 times a month at 2nd-3rd plateau prevent me from gaining too much of a tolerance, or is becoming tolerant inevitable? I really like DXM so far, and I wouldn't want to lose the feeling :)

If you are only using 1-2 times per month, I don't think your tolerance will go up, at least for a very long time. Be careful though, because when I started using DXM, I only wanted to use it 1-2 times per week. Now I use it twice a week. ;/ It's not physically addictive, it's more of a mental addiction.

I can really see how it can become that, I'm not enjoying the wait between my first four trips... all of which happened in one week. So I'll have to cut back alot, and that won't be too fun, but hey, it's better in the long run I suppose.

1-2 times a week is a lot anyway
I have a history of dxm use of 7 years. I went through a 4 year period where I would dose 6 times a week and take one day off to rest. And sometimes twice a day. My normal and steady dose was 1200 mg. I have only once sigma'd, and it was by accident. If you are very liking to it, I'd say every dxm user should experience this once. But, remember one thing about it. Everything you see, here, feel, may not be real. But it will give you a new outlook and perception on life. Your first sigma, will never be duplicated. Please do not underestimate what it is, and know that you must trust the dex, for it will trust you in the same way. Safe tripping. - Z

Since it reads as though you are going to do it anyway, make sure you have someone there to watch over you and make sure you are safe. Don't take any Diphenhydramine like you posted about, and if you are able to smoke cannabis or even want to do this, enjoy that and be safe.

My friend in college that would take large doses of DXM would just put the pure DXM powder into gelcaps and take it that way. I've never used DXM or any disassociative drugs and have no desire to. Stay safe.

Last edited:
I cant get high off dxm anymore i was able tovproduce two seperate 4th platou experiances with 1500 mg. I hate sigma though thats pure loss pf personality its what you do if you want to lose your identity from yourself. Loss of hope happyness personality and understanding is what dxm sigma is in my opinion

To the OP,

If you wanna be that hardcore, just order some dissociative research chemical online such as 3-MeO-PCP or 2'-oxo-PCE. The side effects (mental confusion, gross intoxication, etc.) are similar to high dose DXM, but the magic is much, much more.

I am a steady user of DXM. I'm at 750mgs right now. I have 1350 mg at my disposal. Just want to do tight.

Got it. Definitely not a public drug. If I get more tomorrow, I'm taking 1200 mg soft gels to the dome