• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Pills circa 19xx Get all your pill nostalgia discussion done here

Absolutely not, although I have spent many past years working in the Town of shiny glass. I went to Dreamscape at the Sanctuary once, under protest, had a shit time, GF's coat got nicked and we called it a night and went home.

I went to Milwaukee's in Bedford quite a few times and liked it there, big commercial raves were never my thing.

I have to admit - I had some amazing times in the Sanctuary. Some of the gigs were as commercial as it gets - but .. The Dj's/MC's were spot on and used to make the night amazing. It just used to be a nightmare getting into the place / topping up - over zealous bouncers :(!

Seems like the best place to ask - how, why did you get your first pill? When I started there was no such thing as pills, or E etc. We clubbed on speed and LSD (mainly) - after clubbing, warehouse parties were very manic but things started to change / get friendlier and Ecstasy was mentioned / talked about. I went to score some acid getting ready for my weekend madness and my guy said - I can get this thing called 'Ecstasy' - will you try it for me and let me know what it is....

I then had to give 3 to 4 days notice if I wanted to buy one tablet !

Dodgy geezer in Heaven on Thursdays, took half with a mate of mine. Then danced for a few hours saying this shit doesn't work...on Saturday I headed to 414 and found another dodgy geezer who sold me some pills and that hit me properly.
Wanted to try something new as getting high before getting in to a club and then smoke a few reefa's inside got boring.

I had some Mitsubishis, Rolex's and Armani pills sometime between 1998-1999

had a great time, really superb pills back then. Dealer had Liquid LSD as well, kicking myself now that i didnt try the stuff as i am into that more than Ecstasy now!

I have not really had the chance to sample many of the recent pills, last ones were hexagon shaped snowflakes the last new year.

Same as, I started out in '91going to a semi-legal club night in an old Hat Factory, called The Grid and it was all about the speed and acid, you could get pills but I was to snobby to take kids drugs and they were expensive.

I tried Ecstasy in '91, blue capsules at £20 and wasn't overly impressed, on reflection they must have been less around 50-80mgs of MDMA.

Then on night in early '92 I was at a local free party and we couldn't get any speed, so I got some Calis, they didn't blow me away but I enjoyed the experience in a way I hadn't been doing on acid. The next party I ditched the acid brought some snowballs and never went out on acid again.

Dodgy geezer in Heaven on Thursdays, took half with a mate of mine. Then danced for a few hours saying this shit doesn't work...on Saturday I headed to 414 and found another dodgy geezer who sold me some pills and that hit me properly.
Wanted to try something new as getting high before getting in to a club and then smoke a few reefa's inside got boring.

So this random selling you pills - what were they / how were they marketed? Did you know about 'Ecstasy' prior to popping? Its a bit like when K hit the club scene ?

Knew about xtc since '89 and the illegal raves that started to pop up always loved to be part of that and then Leah Betts happened so that meant I deffo had to try it which I did shortly afterwards.
I didn't know what effects xtc would have bar it would make you want to dance for a few hours. No interwebz in those days the local library sure as hell didn't stuck up on a 'club drugs for dummies' book.

Although I did finger a bird once in a club who was on xtc a few years before I popped my first pill.

Knew about xtc since '89 and the illegal raves that started to pop up always loved to be part of that and then Leah Betts happened so that meant I deffo had to try it which I did shortly afterwards.
I didn't know what effects xtc would have bar it would make you want to dance for a few hours. No interwebz in those days the local library sure as hell didn't stuck up on a 'club drugs for dummies' book.

Although I did finger a bird once in a club who was on xtc a few years before I popped my first pill.

She took the 'apples' / ' New Yorkers' (whatever) - after she died everyone wanted the same pill! I can remember paying 25£ per pill - and having to wait 3 / 4 days for it to be delivered :D.

ps im 40 now,a few of my mates were and are still well known djs/producers in the hardcore/jungle/drum and bass scene 1990 onwards so we used to get vip every week thus meaning raving every week !! never complained though haha
anyway that meant all those years of raving and popping pills has tuned into mush,well maybe my brain has so im bound to make a couple of mistakes when remembering shit,dont hate me for it xxx

She took the 'apples' / ' New Yorkers' (whatever) - after she died everyone wanted the same pill!

Absolutely true. We got them too, the week after she died. 125mg MDMA. Apples to my crowd btw.

My first pill was 1989 and I paid £15.

However, story I've told here before, I was first offered an MDMA pill in 1987. For £25. I was taking loads of acid at the time for two quid a pop. I turned down the MDMA with the words "You can keep your bourgeois drugs mate".

I made up for it in later years.

my first pill was a dove and nothing special, dealer even told us that they were not great. second pill was a big white blank called a cannon ball, think some folk called then snow balls.

third pill was a VW beetle and after that was a lot of different doves.

I used to pay 25£ a pill - me and my mate used to go halfs on them :D

I used to pay 25£ a pill - me and my mate used to go halfs on them :D

But that was when men were men, speed was speed, hardcore was a type of music and both my legs worked :)

I had some of those Apples the week after the unfortunate Miss Betts incident, like has been said good clean MDMA but nothing special.

I pretty much retired in about 2000, certainly slowed right down anyway so missed missed the Pip revolution, too many pills to be bothered keeping count or running through lists of presses, other than snowballs only the MDMA crystal really stands out. For a while in the mid 90's I had a reliable supply of really good clear crystal, it looked like glitter and tasted really, really awful, even after years of use 200mgs hit like freight train.

I recall double dropping some speckled doves and for about 30mins the feeling was so intense that I couldn't even move.
Once my head and body had settled into it I had the best night of my life.
The rushes I was getting were almost orgasmic and I was tripping out seeing things everywhere and holding conversations with my mates but half of the conversation was held in my head and the other half we spoke to each other and yet we both knew what the other meant.
Absolutely fantastic night.

Those red one's in andgy's pic look very familiar. If they're also from '96 I had them, think they were called barrels something or the other.

I'd love to see a report on them if he has, providing that they were considered excellent clean MDMA beans back then. I'd wager that they provide the same effects of a pill of equivalent strength today and thus put to bed all the talk of changing synth routes and having different balances of isomers etc...

Have these been eaten yet?

Not yet, I'm saving them for something special!

Those red one's in andgy's pic look very familiar. If they're also from '96 I had them, think they were called barrels something or the other.

No the bright red ones are the Dutch red dollars from a couple of years ago. It's just the two 'pink/white double doves' that are vintage

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to see a report on them if he has, providing that they were considered excellent clean MDMA beans back then. I'd wager that they provide the same effects of a pill of equivalent strength today and thus put to bed all the talk of changing synth routes and having different balances of isomers etc...

attachment.php

They were amazing, but they were the first md I ever took - the come up was so intense I kinda passed out leaning against a balcony in a club and when I came around a few mind later I could see giant catapillers on the dance floor!

Last edited:
I have only read one post the 1st one n it mis lead me i thought we were going back way back . i will make a post about early 1990s XTC & maybe even tell a little story we shall see .

Some people like my stories i have been informed:sus: