• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

phthalimidopropiophenone

No, a-PPP seems to be the preferred 'chemical term' along the lines of methylenedioxyamphetamine. Googling phthalimidopropiophenone turns up many results, very few drug related (mostly industrial vendors).

Yeah I guess the prosecution could say that possession of a prodrug of a controlled drug in a form intended for consumption (i.e. pressed pills) amounts to conspiracy to manufacture that controlled drug, using your own liver enzymes as the manufacturing equipment.

Not a valid arguement in the UK or people takimng codeine could be done for manufacturing morphine...

No, a-PPP seems to be the preferred 'chemical term'

I thought a-PPP was 1-phenyl-2-(1-pyrrolidyl)-1-propanone (alpha-pyrrolidylpropiophenone, hence a-PPP) - a different beast altogether?

Why use hydrazine? Base hydrolysis (NaOH would suffice.

Because it takes forever for the reaction to complete (not going any further into synthesis discussion)

Then of course there's α-phthalimido-glutarimide (thalidomide)

And that's why I feel rather uneasy about the phthalimide produgs

I thought a-PPP was 1-phenyl-2-(1-pyrrolidyl)-1-propanone (alpha-pyrrolidylpropiophenone, hence a-PPP) - a different beast altogether?

Ah, that seems to be correct, though in personal correspondence I've seen both referred to as a-PPP. Considering the naming similarities, I guess confusion was bound to arise. The abbreviation is correct for either, but they're definitely not equals.

This makes me wonder which I've actually had. In one letter, both are referred to...

Thalidomide is only a bad thing if one is pregnant, no? is it mutagenic or teratogenic in adult humans?

Limpet_Chicken said:
Thalidomide is only a bad thing if one is pregnant, no? is it mutagenic or teratogenic in adult humans?

Not sure what effect it would have on meiosis/spermatogenesis in the male w.r.t. egg fertilization, so until proven otherwise, I'll not be ingesting any of them

nope, still used, actually

Yeah for leprosy - sorry mmmbop disease! :D (I know it's Hansen's disease and the pre-pubescent musical munchkins are called Hanson, but it's close enough for me =D)

I know thalidomide is still used, but I think the logic is faulty, given it is used for malignant myeloma, an otherwise incurable disease, or nearly so, with a high fatality rate, if I knew I was dead meat for certain, I would take a possible risk of cancer, over HAVING cancer and dying from it any day.

And chemo drugs can be mutagens, look at the way they used a derivative of one of the nitrogen mustard agents, mustine, for instance, nitrogen mustards are well known for being mutagenic and carcinogenic, even more so than the sulfur and oxygen mustards.

Oh, now we must not confuse something. Refusing to take a drug for recreational reasons, a drug which could presumably cause you harm, is one thing.

But when somebody is suffering from cancer (or similar), a "dead sure" malady, other criteria get first priority. The same counts for lots of viral infections (think about HIV). All those pharmaceuticals are highly toxic for the human metabolism, some even cancerogen, mutagen.

In the sense of this forum *), I fear, I have to second FnB. This phthalimido-compounds look anything but healthy.

Let me give you just another comparison (already far offtopic...):
Would you mind about MDMA's neurotoxicity when you were diagnosed with cancer in the final stage? Rhetorical, I guess...

Peace ya all! Murphy

*) in short: psychoactive drugs

It hasn't been studied in spermatogenesis, but it seems unlikely- especially considering how small a region it causes birth defects during (20-40 days gestation).

Thalidomids effects (teratogenesis) are caused by inhibition of a growth factor, the vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF, which leads to inhibition in the blood flow of (developing!) tissues. I think the implication on spermatogenesis is minor, as we talk here not about coherent tissue but independent cells. The blood vessels of a man's "balls" should be fully developed at this time.

Murphy

To me, the phthalimido compounds also look like they might be intercalators (and I try to avoid messing with my DNA whenever possible) - I know I'm biased against them, I sort of had a cranky old git moment & decided I just didn't like the look of them, then decided to find reasons why I shouldn't like them (did the same with the phenylpiperazines, although I knew a bit about them beforehand) :D

Before I know it I'll be regularly shouting at the television! =D =D

Fuck i have heaps of this like heaps.
Grams and grams for extened period
this was in neo organics caps
i had in amounts of total oZ's and oz's like 100's of grams
FUCK
DNA modified, cancer are u guys serious i panicin
man what will happen to me
i close to eating the cyanide pill
plus eaten a pill of rohynold and clonazepam and piss trying to cope with this i need info and answer ASAP!
panic crept up no crunch my spin like the vising vibes of the fear of loosing ya mind

well i have heaps i wondering if there is seriouss harm in the ingredients
i already email abuse to the maker of neo doves and neo organics
i stressed cause i want to know after soo much nasally and orally of this drug with others a while ago what are the side effects?
where can i go for help?
what can i do?
what medical test can i do? or get done
what are the signs of damage?
i worry and i am curious to why all of a sudden the risk factors have come out....why now...the igredients in neo organics neo rang ND, SC, push ups etc. have been know for some time why no 1000's if not more may have been effected. wait more like 100,000's around the world

Ah, Ok, now I got it.
As all this talk about presumable toxicity of the phthalimido-moiety is still pure speculation, I would (for the instance) consider the amphetamine-part to be responsible for any long-term harm. And you should treat it like this. If you have done "soo much nasally and orally of this drug", I guess, that already did some damage to you. At least, this is one of the more possible explanations...

Take care man, and seek a medic.

Murphy

I wouldn't worry about any mutagenic sort of issues.

that sort of stimulant binging is the concern, though.

They'll probably all be products of Gabriel synthesis of primary amines - don't know why the patent claim document has to make synthesis of said compounds so complicated

Hhhmmm I'd probably find that more insightful if I was smart and did chemistry at school instead of art and french

Nah, I've got a chemistry background, but I got bored reading it after about the second paragraph (it does go on and on, doesn't it?)