• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photography Photography Thread vs. BL Shutterbugs unite!

Great choice dude. Can't wait to see some test shots! :)

yashicaelectro35gsn.jpg
+
prodzoomimg969.jpeg

cheers folks :D

reposting here from EADD:

felix said:
the first outside photo taken with my brand new beloved canon eos 450D :D

img0030pn7.jpg

full auto, obviously. i have no fucking idea what the other settings are about. i have a 200 page manual to go through. :|

it's sitting here on my desk and i can't stop looking at it. does that make me weird? ;)

img0050ke0.jpg

^ opposing alien forces!

img0053hq2.jpg

^ mummy rasp giving her son shit over a serious lack of manners. :(

i fucking <3 this camera so much. =D

Any tips on problems i'm having with a Nikon F80. Shooting 200 ISO film, but getting close ups a bit grainy and the colours washed out.

Any thoughts?

What focal length are you shooting at? What lens are you using, and what aperture?

It's not me shotting, but my dad. I imagine his setting was on auto!

Just inherited a Canon EOS 20d, just got a 50mm kit lens on it now because I can't afford to buy my own. Took it out for the first real test last night, don't quite understand all the settings yet.

IMG_1901JPG.jpg

IMG_1906JPG.jpg

Recently got an Olympus FE-340 that was on discount. Figured I'm still too n00b to deserve an SLR. No complaints as of now :).

Jamshyd said:
Figured I'm still too n00b to deserve an SLR. :).
Yep me too!!
Soon though, once I master the camera I just bought. Still learning :)

nah, the 450D has a higher number, therefore it must be better. plus i just bought mine. ;)

Oh god, I'm looking at another lens to buy, something like a 24-70 f/2.8 at least. Sigma makes one that is very attractive, I just love that range. But I just spotted a Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 on craigslist for 9 hundie, 300 less than new price! fuck! :X

BA said:
Oh god, I'm looking at another lens to buy, something like a 24-70 f/2.8 at least. Sigma makes one that is very attractive, I just love that range. But I just spotted a Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 on craigslist for 9 hundie, 300 less than new price! fuck! :X

I used to have a 28-70mm 2.8L, that range is very good an everyday walkabout lens. I ended up selling it to make way for my 50 1.2L and 17-40 4L. I haven't looked back as it covered a very useful range.

I am selling my 400mm 5.6L to gather funds so I can purchase a backup camera body for when I got to Africa in 6 weeks time. I am looking at the new Canon 50D, which will hit the shelves about a week before I go. Should be good, but the newly anounced Nikon D90 looks great (720p movie mode!).

Ok, I'm actually VERY happy with my new Olympus FE-340. See this:

P8110407.jpg

Notice the long staircase running down the middle? This thing is HUGE. Anyway, as I was 2/3ds of the way climbing up, in a stroke of bad luck, the camera jumped out my bag and bounced down tens of stairs until it fell on a German guy below. Besides a couple of little dents, the camera is still as functional as ever and still takes amazing pics!

^ Could be a SE Asian copy of the real-thing? (Since it is sold from australia). I noticed around here people make meticulous copies of everything and it looks and works just like the original. I've even seen a Honda Motorcycle that was copied!!

cheers. does that mean they're shit, then?

i don't want to go spending £500+ right now (or any time soon), so are they worth buying?

felix said:
cheers. does that mean they're shit, then?

i don't want to go spending £500+ right now (or any time soon), so are they worth buying?

Buying a mirror lens would be a very poor choice. Unfortunately super telephoto lenses are always expensive, that is unless you opt for the telescope type.