• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

phenylethylamine

Wulp, I guess my body couldn't take anymore. It was like a strong come up of x but I was sweating and could feel my left arm hurting. I was calling ppl afraid I was going to die. Not exactly a flashback but it sucked so I threw the rest away. Good riddance,

I reckon you did the right thing. When my first 500 mg rush came on I felt pretty scared for a minute or two that it might kill me. Not worth the risk.

That feeling of fear was probably panic from the noradrenaline relelease it causes. Phenethylamine itself is an endogenous anxiogenic trace amine in the brain.

Panic reactions are very scary. I used to be a klonopin as a prophylactic for them: I know what they are like. Still that release of norepinephrine is very bad for your heart. Did you have chest pain? And if your left arm hurt, it was definitely more than a panic reaction: it was cardiovascular in origin.

Given the nature of phenethylamine, it most likely was a panic attack. How much did you take? And did you combine with anything?

I know someone mention things like deprenyl and hordenine - MAOIs which are extraordinarily dangerous to combine with phenethylamine and would have sent you into a hypertensive crisis, and it's impossible most of the time to tell when your blood pressure is dangerously high, so you could suddenly be in a very bad state before you could do anything about it and get to the hospital.

Or do you take prescription medications? Because some interact very badly with phenethylamine? Phenethylamine is the endogenous amphetamine chemical in your body.

I'm on three anti depressants. One SNRI one SSRI and one tryciclic. So all in all those are dangerous to combine with it. I'm supposed to be on blood pressure meds but I'm Orr right now. Not to mention the seroquel and risperdal. Pluse gabapentin and klonopin so ya I'm on a lot. It could have been just a adverse effect. But I was taking a lot tho. Like 1200 mg at a time and this was like twice a day. Last time a drunk a cup of hot black tea and it just kicked it in to full gear.

I tossed it after that experience. I mean I can see its benefits, and it's so closely relation to amp expect doesn't have the spine that amp does.

The klonopin and gabapentin would have helped, not interacted badly. The SNRI would have interacted badly. the tricyclic as well. How the fuck are you on all three of those. That's dangerous itself. Talk about serotonin syndrome. what was your doctor thinking?!

Well I respond well to Prozac at high doses and Effexor at 75 mgs. And I only use the Remeron to sleep but ya he says I'm on way too many drugs just like you lol.

Oh, remeron isn't a tricyclic. And it's fine to combine with other antidepressants, because it can be used to counteract serotonin syndrome because of its 5-HT antagonism. Your SSRI combination can lead to serotonin syndrome. Look up the symptoms and familiarize yourself with them. Because it can happen suddenly anytime during your treatment, and you need to know the symptoms for when it occurs so you can get help if it does.

The medications you are on should never be used together.

Hey Möbius,
Looks like the thread blew up with plenty of people sharing their experiences already, but since you asked:
The first time I dosed I weighed out 750mg and mixed it with Gatorade. Foul... bitter and sort of salty... Like a lot of psychoactives I've tried, it had that unpleasant mix of chemical tang and organic (not in the chem sense) saltiness. The combination just feels wrong. But I've fucked around with propylhexadrine from Benzedrex inhalers, and NOTHING tastes worse than that stuff... well, not the propylhexadrine, which if you extract it actually has a bitter/salty taste not unlike PEA. It's the lavender and menthol oil the propyl is mixed with and that I was usually to lazy/didn't have time to filter out. After that foulness (which lingers...) a quick swallow of bad gatorade was no problem and I just pounded some unadulterated gatorade to get the taste out of my mouth.
Didn't feel anything from the phenylethylamine, but I wasn't taking anything to potentiate, so I didn't expect to. Redosed with a gram at +0:45, and got a pleasant increase in alertness and concentration. Lasted maybe 20 minutes. Tried redosing a couple more times over the next 1:30, but nothing. I hadn't eaten all day, but I had read food in one'a stomach will end anything you have going with PEA, or keep it from ever starting. Finally, not feeling anything anymore, I had a bowl of Special K (the cereal... haha... Bluelight...) and blueberries. About five minutes later the phenylethylamine hit me like a truck. Purely physical, jacked my BP and heart rate WAY up, had my head pounding and I was pouring sweat. I just layed down to wait for it to pass, knowing that this had been a possibility. My girlfriend was really concerned because apparently I got big red patches all over my chest and back and shoulders... I reassured her that it wasn't going to be fatal, but I can't say I minded having BP medication and benzos at the bedside just in case. After maybe 0:30 I was starting to feel better when I decided to pop a .1mg clonidine and a 1 mg clonazepam. Obviously that helped with the BP and slightly unpleasant emotional reaction. I just lay next to my girlfriend who was cuddled up to me and in full caretaker mode, and let myself drift off. In the morning I felt fine.

Since then I've dosed again, never with a potentiator and never more than 1 gram followed by another gram as it started to fade. It's been just a physical thing: no euphoria or even increased interest or concentration. And not a great physical feeling. Oh, I suppose it has made me a bit irritable: hardly the effect I'm looking for. I shelved it a couple of days ago.

theGirlWithBlueHair,
Thanks for the safety tip. I read so many reports and opinions, and I didn't look into the chemistry of all of them b/c I was really just planning on using the "take a whole bunch without potentiators" method.
But I threw the combo out as something I'd read and I'm glad you were here to point out it's inherent danger before someone tried it.
Thanks,
Sleepiest

Your welcome.

That's why this site exists. Mixing phenthylamine with those substances will put somebody in a preciptious, very bad, and intense - quite possibley exceedingly dangerous - place, and were it not for its quite short duration, the combination of these drugs would probably result in many fatalities.

I would like to point out that the combination of phenethylamine and MAO B inhibitors mimics the effects of amphetamines with the dangers magnified 1000 fold. It can be highly addicting as well to some individuals. So people need to be very cautious with this stuff.

By oral route, phenylethylamine's half-life is 5–10 minutes;[1] endogenously produced PEA in catecholamine neurons has a half-life of roughly 30 seconds.[2] It is metabolized by phenylethanolamine N-methyltransferase,[2][29] MAO-A,[9] MAO-B,[8] semicarbazide-sensitive amine oxidases (SSAOs),[30] aldehyde dehydrogenase,[31] and flavin-containing monooxygenase 3.[32] N-methylphenethylamine, an isomer of amphetamine, is produced in humans via the metabolism of phenethylamine by phenylethanolamine N-methyltransferase.[2][28][29] When the initial phenylethylamine brain concentration is low, brain levels can be increased 1000-fold when taking a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI), particularly a MAO-B inhibitor, and by 3–4 times when the initial concentration is high.[33] β-Phenylacetic acid is the primary urinary metabolite of phenethylamine and is produced via monoamine oxidase metabolism and subsequent aldehyde dehydrogenase metabolism.[7] In humans, phenylacetaldehyde is the intermediate product which is produced by monoamine oxidase and then further metabolized into β-phenylacetic acid by aldehyde dehydrogenase

from wikipedia

Combined with an MAOI though, phenethylamine half-life is prolonged TREMENDOUSLY is it's metabolism is halted. It can last for up to however long the MAOI does, up to 2 hours sometimes.