• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

phenylethylamine

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
So I got my batch today and I took five hundred mg and it is a interesting chemical or whatever. It makes you focused. And on the ball. But also has side effects like head flushing and elevated BP. So all in all its good. Has anyone here tried it and like it?

What where your doses and how long did it last?

I've been curious about this compound. How long did it last? And did it make you feel stimulated in a low dose adderal kind of way or in a mentally fucked up kind of way (hopefully that makes sense lol)

Mobius,
I've been reading a lot about Phenylethylamine (PEA), and the consensus seems to be that you can definitely focus on it, which would tend to put it more to in the adderall class.

And that's about the only consensus there is. Some people say it's euphoric, others say you hover right on the edge of euphoria in a sort of "kicking in" stage that lasts the whole time (usually compared to MDMA's initial physical rush), and others claim it's just a physical rush that borders on unpleasant.

As for how long it lasts, that is a topic of considerable disagreement as well. One reason for the variety of opinions is that people take it either alone or mixed with other drugs/"stacked" with other supplements.

Many people take it with an MAOI or a B selective MAOI (as it is monoamine oxidase-B that seems to metabolize phenylethylamine, giving it it's extremely short half-life). Selegliline (brand names: Eldepryl, Zelapar, Emsam) is the one I've most often seen referenced. In the United States, at least, MAOI's are prescription only, but not considered controlled substances.

Other people swear by taking it with the supplements Hordinine, Yohimbe, or both. These allegedly affect the half-life positively, but I know nothing about the chemistry involved or the actual effectiveness of these methods. The search engine will turn up a lot of talk about the combinations.

The people who take it alone also disagree on how to take it. Some take small doses for a brief rush and a lingering positive mood. Others take small doses and redose often. Still others take large doses (1 or more grams) and say that this extends the effective duration considerably. This could be due to the fact that there is only so much MAO-B produced in the body at once, and it takes some time to get through all the PEA. Another thought of mine is that it might be due to PEA's protein binding % in the bloodstream. If it has a medium to high protein binding affinity, the bound PEA could serve as a "reservoir,' coming unbound as the free PEA is metabolized. Unfortunately, since most discussions of PEA in scientific publications and online resources is about the endogenous PEA produced naturally in the brain, there is no protein binding information present. Anything produced in the brain avoids coming into contact with the bloodstream entirely, and so never has a chance to bond. But I;m getting a little sidetracked with speculation and someone more knowledgeable might be able to tell you with more certainty.

So there you go. My first shipment of 100 grams is in the mail and I should have it by medway through next week at the latest. If you want, or this thread is still a going concern, I can pop back in and tell you my personal results.
Sorry I couldn't speak from experience.
-sleepiest

Thanks for all the detailed info sleepiest! Definitely let me know how it works for you. Come August, I'm going to be busy as hell, so I've been looking for a stim to use on the busier days. I've used low doses of dexedrine occasionally, but now I have to worry about drug tests. I've been looking into Ritalin analogues but I'm not sure about their legality in the US or whether they'll still show up on drug screens, so I'm apprehensive about pulling the trigger on something.

Sorry if I thread jacked op!

The rush was just like xtc. It lasted ten fifteen minutes and then it was just a glowing effect. I'm serious guys I never dreamed I would be able to enjoy that feeling again but I got it yesterday. Thank God it only lasts for a little while or this stuff would just been pure xtc.

Everything is tingling just like xtc. I cannot believe you can get this.m

Mobius,
I've been reading a lot about Phenylethylamine (PEA), and the consensus seems to be that you can definitely focus on it, which would tend to put it more to in the adderall class.

And that's about the only consensus there is. Some people say it's euphoric, others say you hover right on the edge of euphoria in a sort of "kicking in" stage that lasts the whole time (usually compared to MDMA's initial physical rush), and others claim it's just a physical rush that borders on unpleasant.

As for how long it lasts, that is a topic of considerable disagreement as well. One reason for the variety of opinions is that people take it either alone or mixed with other drugs/"stacked" with other supplements.

Many people take it with an MAOI or a B selective MAOI (as it is monoamine oxidase-B that seems to metabolize phenylethylamine, giving it it's extremely short half-life). Selegliline (brand names: Eldepryl, Zelapar, Emsam) is the one I've most often seen referenced. In the United States, at least, MAOI's are prescription only, but not considered controlled substances.

Other people swear by taking it with the supplements Hordinine, Yohimbe, or both. These allegedly affect the half-life positively, but I know nothing about the chemistry involved or the actual effectiveness of these methods. The search engine will turn up a lot of talk about the combinations.

The people who take it alone also disagree on how to take it. Some take small doses for a brief rush and a lingering positive mood. Others take small doses and redose often. Still others take large doses (1 or more grams) and say that this extends the effective duration considerably. This could be due to the fact that there is only so much MAO-B produced in the body at once, and it takes some time to get through all the PEA. Another thought of mine is that it might be due to PEA's protein binding % in the bloodstream. If it has a medium to high protein binding affinity, the bound PEA could serve as a "reservoir,' coming unbound as the free PEA is metabolized. Unfortunately, since most discussions of PEA in scientific publications and online resources is about the endogenous PEA produced naturally in the brain, there is no protein binding information present. Anything produced in the brain avoids coming into contact with the bloodstream entirely, and so never has a chance to bond. But I;m getting a little sidetracked with speculation and someone more knowledgeable might be able to tell you with more certainty.

So there you go. My first shipment of 100 grams is in the mail and I should have it by medway through next week at the latest. If you want, or this thread is still a going concern, I can pop back in and tell you my personal results.
Sorry I couldn't speak from experience.
-sleepiest

Taking phenethylamine with yohimbine and hordenine is particularly unsafe as the former is a direct acting alpha 2 adrenergic antagonist and increases norepinephrine levels, while hordenine is an MAO inhibitor. This could, and probably would, lead to a precipitous and quite possibly dangerous increase in blood pressure, especially for someone who is not experienced with the chemicals. Guaging the dosage is very difficult, and this combination should be avoided. It's very unsafe.

I have PTSD so it would make sense that their doing a MAPS program and how etc in its purist form could help me and why I benefit from this supplement so much. Intersting.

I took delivery of 50 grams of this yesterday and just took about half a teaspoon in water maybe 500mg. It took about 5 -10 minutes to kick in. It does produce quite a rush but I would tend to agree with the description "a physical rush that borders on unpleasant". It's not a loved up feeling like xtc and doesn't feel particularly safe. It made me feel kind of angry and irritable. I think this is one for the toilet bowl.

This is a natural supplement and is a Nootropic. I've never tried the stuff but I have tried Modafanill (Modavigil) whatever ya wanna call it. Just keeps you up and focused. But I take propper stimulants like DexAmphetamines and soon to be on Vyvanse.
So Nootropics have pretty much no desired effects on me.

Wulp, given someone who hasn't rolled in eleven years. The complete rush of a roll coming on and even empathy I don't know we're all different.

By coincidence I haven't rolled in eleven years either. I didn't enjoy the rush on this, I'd describe it as a kind of stingy / prickly feeling that was a relief when it was over which luckily was about 5 minutes later. Hardly worth the nasty taste it has. We all have slightly different brain chemistry I guess but i won't be using this again. I didn't find it made me focus well either and it doesn't seem sexual either.

Last edited:
What did you get HCI or powder. Mine is a large 200 gram bucket of cystals and it wasn't a stinging it was more that rush when a roll would hit you and you can feel the tingling sensation on your skein and your limbs getting heavy. I'm pretty sure my pupils where dilated atpnd stuff too.

This one is a odd one. I wanted phenylpiractam but got this so hey idk to each their own I guess.

It was HCL powder, purchased off some ebay seller. I thought it was worth risking £5, you never know. There probably is something really cheap and amazing lurking out there. I got a big surprise recently with some Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds off fleabay..dirt cheap and much stronger that I expected.

Wulp, I guess my body couldn't take anymore. It was like a strong come up of x but I was sweating and could feel my left arm hurting. I was calling ppl afraid I was going to die. Not exactly a flashback but it sucked so I threw the rest away. Good riddance,

Did you combine it with anything or are you taking it with any medication? Phenethylamine is dangerous when combined with psychostimulants, MAOIs, and similar, drugs. It works as releasing agent like amphetamines. You have to be careful with it. It will send your blood pressure skyrocketing. I gave a warning earlier in the thread...