• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Phenibut

Jungo871

Bluelighter
I just tried this for the first time and omg what a feeling. This blows all benzos I've tried. I've taken a unknown amount got 10g and taken a few gulps of it feel great but I know this stuff cam cause physical dependence, so my question is how often should I take this to avoid physical dependence. I also take diazepam on prescription 30mg a day but only took 10mg. Anyone know if this compares to benzos or pregabalin which I've only had once and this definitely feels similar but is pregabalin stronger? Any thoughts I feel great.

Yeah Phenibut is great but you gotta be care taking random amounts when you over do it the hangover is brutal. I wouldn't take more than 1.5-2 grams it can start causing issue with me when I pass that point. You shouldn't take it more than twice a week, attempt to put 3 days in between doses. That works well for me to avoid physical dependence.

I tried taking like 1.5g and then 2g and I didn't feel anything at all.

Then raise it, but I'd go at 500mgs at a time. Some people are pretty sensitive and get sick past 2 grams and is the reason why I wouldn't suggest it from the start. But if you can tolerate that you can go higher and find your sweet spot. It's best to take your time with this drug it can really bite you back when you over do it. When I was addicted in the past or had tolerance I'd go above 2 grams but when I come in fresh I always stay below that mark and suggest others to do the same.

Cosmic Charlie I don't know how much I took but was 3x in a day. Took some last night and woke up feeling pretty messed up. Certainly not a drug to mess around with it also has a hangover feel to it, wasn't sick last night though only took a small dose with 2 promethazine to get a sleep

Last edited:
When you dose it right its beautiful. I just took a couple grams of Phenibut FAA right now, under my tongue as we speak this type is active sublingually. It's a little more potent than HCL so you need to adjust for that according. I love the shit it's one of my favorite drugs.

Oh, yeah... there are a lot of threads on phenibut on bluelight... wasn't trying to exclude any but there are plenty of write-ups.

Oh, yeah... there are a lot of threads on phenibut on bluelight... wasn't trying to exclude any but there are plenty of write-ups.

More the merrier, good to be informed. Perhaps we should have a megathread like the Pregablin thread at some point though in order to have it all in one place. Xorkoth's thread is definitely the most comprehensive though :)

megathread
For some reason I thought there was a mega but every time i search it doesnt come up. it would be an easier link as there are really so many to choose from, ya know?
love

When you dose it right its beautiful. I just took a couple grams of Phenibut FAA right now, under my tongue as we speak this type is active sublingually. It's a little more potent than HCL so you need to adjust for that according. I love the shit it's one of my favorite drugs.
Do you like the taste of phenibut HCL it tastes disgusting. Is it worth trying the phenibut FAA? Off topic but is there any other decent nootropics that work similar? I've got kratom different strains, kava kava extract capsules natrol which I don't know if they are any good took 5, kanna etc

Phenibut is amazing for a legal substance, but you must be CAREFUL
I went into not knowing the dose it only came in 10gs and didn't take that much. Feels dirty after next day use. First tried it, felt amazing. From what I've heard it's Pregabalin > Phenibut > Gabapentin

I've never really tasted the HCL much honestly I just parachute the stuff in toilet paper. So if I did taste it was quickly and I remember it being bitter. The FAA is way better and i would never buy HCL again and the primary reason is it being active sublingually and I'm able to spit it out after 30mins and still get high. With the HCL you have to swallow it to be active and it's very acidic and fucks up my stomach something serious. The FAA kicks in a little faster and is more potent than HCL making the higher price tag make sense.

Back when I started with Phenibut HCL in 08 and my acid reflux wasn't am issue I took the HCL for along time off and on and loved it. Just that these days I have to be careful and I'm so grateful the FAA came out and I'm able to use the stuff again. You may also want to look into F-Phenibut that's another analog in the same family that may interest you, I'm planning on running trials with it in the near future.

Do you like the taste of phenibut HCL it tastes disgusting. Is it worth trying the phenibut FAA? Off topic but is there any other decent nootropics that work similar? I've got kratom different strains, kava kava extract capsules natrol which I don't know if they are any good took 5, kanna etc

I actually like the taste of phenibut HCL. It starts out like a warhead candy, or like pure citric acid, just very sour, but then fades into a really pleasant aftertaste. Not at all bitter. One of the best tasting substances.

I went into not knowing the dose it only came in 10gs and didn't take that much. Feels dirty after next day use. First tried it, felt amazing. From what I've heard it's Pregabalin > Phenibut > Gabapentin

Yeah just a little over your optimal dose, and it's good for a while and then becomes shitty with an unpleasant hangover. You have to slowly work your way up, and weigh what you're taking so you know exactly how much you're taking. If you find your correct dose (it's different for everyone), it's an amazing drug, subtle but powerful and really good.

Sorry to dig up a defunct shitty old thread. Is there a phenibut megathread? Or a more formal one than this?

Looking to start up a Phenibut habit to replace my current long term (over a decade) alcohol and benzo habit that now appears to finally be taking it's toll on both my physical and mental health. I don't dare get back on dope because it's all fent these days and that's a quick way to accidentally end up dead all of a sudden as opposed to the slow methodical one I'm currently enduring. I understand trading one addiction for another is not ideal, but in my situation I feel it's the better option. I'm too high strung and anxious, sobriety does not work for me, I have had a few separate clean stretches of a few months each over the years and every time I come back to the crappiest of drugs there are just because they're cheap, widely available and they chill me the fuck out. I just got my hands on some phenibut, so we're gonna see how this goes. Not afraid of dependence as long as I have a steady supply, I'm not the type to go off the rails these days; I know how to maintain, just not how to be sober...

Looking for more info on phenibut, as much as I can find. Dosages, people's experience with tolerance, negative side effects with long-term moderate therapeutic doses, anecdotal advice, etc. Good, bad and ugly. Let me hear it, this is actually a substance I know very little about besides the small amount of research I've done (wikipedia, online articles, etc), but I have no firsthand experience and know nobody who takes it IRL. Sounds like a goddamn wonder drug to me, surely that can't be the case.

edit- just found Xorkoth's thread about it. Good read

Last edited:
I don't understand how ppl get anything from Phenibut cos I've had it a few times at various doses and it didnt do anything. But then again I take Pregabalin prescribed so I guess there might be some cross-tolerance going on.

I just tried this for the first time and omg what a feeling. This blows all benzos I've tried. I've taken a unknown amount got 10g and taken a few gulps of it feel great but I know this stuff cam cause physical dependence, so my question is how often should I take this to avoid physical dependence. I also take diazepam on prescription 30mg a day but only took 10mg. Anyone know if this compares to benzos or pregabalin which I've only had once and this definitely feels similar but is pregabalin stronger? Any thoughts I feel great.
Yeah Phenibut is a funny little compound. GABA-beta receptor are influenced. GABA- alpha weakly or barely is. There’s a slight cross tolerance, but it’s mild IMO.
You’re going to need 3-7gs to dose with b/c cross tolerance. Don’t take the too often. Once a week is safest, then you can give yourself a nice dose. Taper the phenibut on the way down.