• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Phenibut

I'm not sure about ketamine withdrawals, as I've never been addicted to it. I've heard it can be a right bastard to quit.

I find some of the statements about "addiction/withdrawal to GBL/GHB surprising.

In particular this ->
For me it was very effective at combatting GBL withdrawal symptoms after two weeks of 24/7 use;

Now maybe there's some mechanism at work which somehow prevents or negates any addiction or withdrawal symptoms in some people. I say this because my missus used GBL several times daily for ....I dunno, say a year - & didn't suffer any withdrawal that I can recollect. I myself used it daily for several months (maybe up to 10/12mls daily) & again noted no particular adverse reactions - except I didn't fall asleep withing ten minutes every night - it took more like an hour.

Anyone any idea why this may be ?

Last edited:
Yeah. It was quite similar for me, as well, at first. Once you go through withdrawals a few times, it all changes, and the slightest bit of abuse ends in nasty symptoms. It's like your brain just won't put up with it.

^ Over what period of time did this take place & at roughly what sort of dosage regime?

It probably took a good year of on and off 24/7 use to get proper withdrawals. I'm not very consistent with my dosing, but it would have been 1-2mls every 1-2 hours, depending on if I was just topping up, or sleeping. I think the on and off nature is what has made it get so bad.

^ The missus just corrected me - she reckons that any withdrawal would have coincided with her opiate withdrawl as well......apparently I just didn't notice :eek:

Phenibut is reported to be quite addictive just on it's own if you take it regularly.

I noticed. I have only drank today, and it having a normal effect. I think I am safe, for now.

Yeah Treacle the first signs of Phenibut withdrawals are sweaty hands and total insomnia and anxiety that seems to build from the stomach area.Not unlikr GBL withdrawal only it takes 24/36 hours before it sets in.If your experiencing anything like this take a long break.
I would recommend to anyone taking Phenibutt only take it two or three times a week maximum,and spaced out by a couple of days at least.

I've not had it for 36 hours. I slept better than usual last night, I feel less anxious than usual today, and my BP has dropped to 120/60. Quite strange.

I must say that I think the metabolites of phenibut possibly have a lot to do with the effects. I had a few days off, and took 3.5 grammes, over the day, yesterday. I felt energetic, and my anxiety was reduced. I stopped taking it, and drank some alcohol, later. I went to bed at 3am, and woke at 12:30pm, feeling like I'd slept forever. I had to try hard to drag myself out of bed, and can still feel the effects now. The claims that the half-life is 5 hours are definitely not true. I feel the anxiety reducing effects more, the next day.

3.5g is a big dose mate.I know what your saying about the sleep mind i have the deepest most wonderful sleep on Phenibut and also some realy beautiful dreams too.I dont know what the half life is but when i first started taking it i could still feel the effects up to 24 hours later and would also get better than normal sleep the next night after a dose.

I agree that 3.5G is a large dose, but it doesn't seem to do much, at the time. I feel it more the next day, which is weird. I guarantee that I will sleep well tonight, although I have had none today. I don't really know what to make of it.

When I had some last year/early this year I don't remember it doing a whole lot during the day when taken in the morning but was having trouble keeping my eyes open come night time.

Won't be getting anymore though, the last I saw of it was when I took what I had left (who knows how much, definitely at least 2 teaspoons worth) on top of a pint of brandy and a bottle of wine. Was only asleep for 12 hours but was sick for about 48.

phenibut?

Anyone use phenibut regular on here? What dose is best and do you take it all in 1 dose or spread it out? Also how many grams do you take and days off 2 days off 1 day on repeat that a good way to use it?:)

Thank's cherry ill take a look..!!

cant open it my comp is sooooo soooo slow today taking ages to look at web and threads....Ill check it out another day or if you could post some info for me much appreciated:)

great info thankyou..!!

Last edited by a moderator:
About baclofen

How similiar is baclofen to phenibut?

I use baclofen on and off for muscle spasms and it was a life saver when WD'n from Klonopin and Xanax...took the edge of abit anyway It certainly wasn't pleasant.

A regular user of phenibut tried baclofen and reported not very pleasant effects and said its nowhere near as potent as phenibut.

Baclofen is wierd, at some doses i've been really euphoric and totally carefree more so than benzos even, yet most times it just feels wierd and makes me naseous.

Quickfix what dosages do you find best? Also do you know what other drugs it potentinates? Seems to do opiates and benzos but not allways in a pleasent way, and im not entirely sure how it interacts with tramadol?

For anybody unable to obtain Benzos for GBL withdrawal, I can advovate Baclofen. It's prescription-only GABA-B agonist so is legal to import, cheap too.

For me it was very effective at combatting GBL withdrawal symptoms after two weeks of 24/7 use; combined with a little diazepam it was as if I hadn't had GBL at all and was very pleasant.

None of the usual GBL WD symptoms; sleep was easy and restful on the first night.

I've heard Baclofen in high doses can be euphoric but it also causes downregulation VERY quickly so if using it for GBL withdrawal I'd only use it for a few days then taper.

Lazygit,

With what amount of baclofen you started and what you are using now? What is the best dose for a mild anxyolitic, euphoric effect?

I think baclofen has similar effects with phenibut minus the dopamine stimulation that makes phenibut a little more fun.

Last edited: