• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Phenibut - mechanism of action and alternate methods of consumption

Interesting. I've been reading up on phenibut for the last several days. I'm mostly interested in its recreational use, but I also suffer from depression and generalized anxiety disorder, and I wouldn't mind taking low dose phenibut every now and then for its anxiolytic and mood lifting properties. I'm going to try it Saturday with some friends. I've been on Suboxone maintenance therapy (8 mg buprenorphine/day) for almost a year, and this worried me at first because of possible respiratory depression. However, I have a pretty strong opiate tolerance so I'm not too concerned. I also take Klonopin for anxiety (usually 4 mg/day) but I stopped taking it today (took Xanax instead) so that there will be a washout period for the benzos before I take the phenibut. I'm going to try 500 mg to assess my tolerance and go from there, but I probably won't go past 1.5 g max (I'd prefer to stay at 1 g or below to avoid any negative interactions). Will try having a few beers once it kicks in, and maybe take a small benzo dose to see if gives any potentiating effect (assuming I'm not already wasted by this point). I'll let you guys know how it goes.

I really liked the psych horse kick to the brain that blowing 15-20mg of 2c-I gave,

Yeah me too, especially when sleep deprivation set in because I still couldn't sleep 20+ hours after taking it (at 2 AM mind you) and 12+ hours after the effects had worn off. Sorry, off-topic.

This was my first attempt. Russian wikipedia. but unfortunately not the information I was looking for...

For European medications there are two information leaflets (Probably the same for USA medications). I don't know the exact English words for this.
One is the "medical package information leaflet" (instructions for the patient) which is delivered with the medication. And then there is an "expert information" (information how the medication works for e.g. doctors).
In the second one there is information to find like the half life time of a medication and how it works in body or brain. information that is not important for the usual patient.
I tried to find something like that because phenibut is not only sold as dietary supplement but also as medication in Russia.
If I would know the Russian word for this "expert information" then I could use google to find and translate it.
The Russian word for "Phenibut" is "Фенибут". I tried to use a translation website in order to translate "Fachinformation" (German for expert information) to Russian. Result was: КСП. Which seems to mean PCB to me. Don't know too many cyrillic letters. Probably an abbreviation...
But google didn't give me the wanted information when I asked for "Фенибут КСП".
Then I tried to translate "half life time" and got "период" as result. But again, a google search for "Фенибут период" gave me not the wanted information.
I found a lot of websites which I all translated with http://translate.google.com but I didn't get what I was looking for. Why does nobody speak Russian here..?

Note I am dependant on benzos, which could have made this reaction only occur for me, but if I'm on phenibut and I vaporize DMT... my consciousness constantly skips along with my thoughts hmm.... like my thoughts and such are a fractal tree branching in different directions and every time it branches off.. BAM a slight zap and feeling of consiousness "resetting" immediately and each time my whole state of mind has progressed.. it is most obvious with vision where what I am directly focusing on will change with out any frames in between or even experiencing the same exact frame like 5 times in a row.

Basically imagine every "thought/specific state of mind/everything you see" brings its own consciousness and in order for a progression to happen, instead if a smooth transition like normal, if your mind just felt like it was resetting instantly with every change while the transition is completely gone. Almost robotic in hindsight.

Anyway I doubt this helps that much, but phenibut is definitely unique with its interaction with dmt for me and I've tested this 4-5 times(it's not a pleasant experience and it really really made me question how much of my consciousness is "real" and how much is merely an illusion of conscious choice, control, and constant attention, but it is very interesting to experience and you won't really understand I dont think unless you've been there). So if anyone is daring enough to try I'd be interested if it only happens to me, due to benzos or brain chemistry, or if its a result of just the combo. I can vaporize dmt w/ weed, lsd, psilocin, methylone, mxe, pretty much everything except -racetams(mostly piracetam) which remove the dissociation of dmt and make it incredibly overly intense.

So idk I guess I was trying to add some info on phenibut, but it would be pretty hard to gather anything from what I said.