• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

(PHENIBUT) ADDICTION (Big Doser)

Its good to have something for the night. During my withdrawal I'd sleep 2 hours to the minute, and wake up in a complete, sweaty panic. I didn't have any other meds during my withdrawal, but even if I did I probably would have been too paranoid to take them. I'm keeping a watch on this thread. Hang in there.

edit: I saw where you said you're an artist. I am a musician. Just thought I'd add that in there.

Cool Dr. Extract! And thank you all for the support!
This morning and last night was really rough. I was seconds from puking but never did. What really helps me now Is Quentapine (?)!! . It removes many of the WD:s, I get warm, can eat and sleep (some, I sleep around two hours every day) and diminish anxiety. Really strange..

This morning I took 300 mg (In two doses) and after a couple of hours I was a lot better.. But the "spleepy" effect from Quentapine disipears after a few days so this might be the case here also..
Though I slept for two hours a few hours ago I feel truly drained right now and will keep this dose for a couple of days (2,7 gram).

When googling my symptoms I end up finding bad alcohols WD:s reminding me of this!

Thank´s again for you support.

I would switch to Baclofen as it works on the same receptor sites and will suppress the withdrawal. And at higher doses it suppresses cravings (as I found out when I was severely addicted to GBL). The good thing about baclofen is that it doesn't get you high, but it will treat your withdrawal, anxiety and will likely help to suppress any cravings for it. Then after a while on baclofen taper down slowly and come off it entirely. You will become a functional person again once taking baclofen. But we warned; it itself is physically addictive and will give withdrawal, so it's important to stick to your dose and wean yourself off...preferably with the guidance of a doctor. Because baclofen doesn't get you high and tolerance doesn't really develop you will not continuously have to increase the dose as with phenibut. Once you find the dose that feels comfortable for you, you can stick with it. You will likely require higher doses. When I was addicted to GBL I titrated my baclofen up to 300mg/day and both my withdrawal and cravings for the drug were completely destroyed. I'm not saying you do exactly the same thing, I'm just telling you it worked for me. There is plenty of information online about using baclofen to treat addiction on the internet so do your research if you go down that route. Once baclofen had done what I needed it to do I had absolutely no problems gradually tapering off. I know people say you'd be swapping one addiction for another, but being physically addicted to baclofen is preferable to the hell you're going through, it will not make you high, and should allow for you to be functional without the intake escalating indefinitely. Good luck to you.

Yes pregabalin should help enormously with phenibut withdrawal. But pregabalin is also addictive and the withdrawal from it is HELL. I speak from personal experience. But yes pregabalin will take away a lot of the phenibut withdrawal, but you will likely need to take a higher dose than the usual prescribed dose. What dose do you normally take? I would expect that 900mg split over the day would be enough to ameliorate the withdrawal from a severe phenibut addiction. But play it by ear. If you can get away with taking less then that's what you should do.

Last edited:
To be honest I wouldn't recommend using pregabalin as a means to consistently get rid of your withdrawal. It will do for a week or two perhaps, which is all you should need, and then you can gradually reduce your dose to avoid rebound anxiety. It will have some cross-tolerance with phenibut, but two weeks of use shouldn't be enough to have you physically dependent. You do not want to end up physically dependent on pregabalin as the withdrawal is living hell. I've been through it. Make sure to not swap one addiction for another. Pregabalin itself has abuse potential so it's not ideal. And like phenibut it requires escalating your dose to chase any recreational effects. DO NOT start using it recreationally. Use only what you need to suppress the withdrawal and anxiety. Keep the dose as low as possible. If it makes you feel high in any way then reduce the dose. Baclofen is preferable. I would only use pregabalin as a last resort.

Last edited:
wow I slept for six hours straight! when I woke up I was nervous, waiting for my heart to start pounding and anxiety to hit me as a bullet. Nothing! I feel like normal and it´s only some hours until my next dose! I even had breakfast :)
So today I will cut to 2,5 gram.

I know that phenibut WD comes in waves and I have that in the back of my mind but I really feel like my head have somewhat adjusted. Lets see how this day develop ..

To be honest I wouldn't recommend using pregabalin as a means to consistently get rid of your withdrawal. It will do for a week or two perhaps, which is all you should need, and then you can gradually reduce your dose to avoid rebound anxiety. It will have some cross-tolerance with phenibut, but two weeks of use shouldn't be enough to have you physically dependent. You do not want to end up physically dependent on pregabalin as the withdrawal is living hell. I've been through it. Make sure to not swap one addiction for another. Pregabalin itself has abuse potential so it's not ideal. And like phenibut it requires escalating your dose to chase any recreational effects. DO NOT start using it recreationally. Use only what you need to suppress the withdrawal and anxiety. Keep the dose as low as possible. If it makes you feel high in any way then reduce the dose. Baclofen is preferable. I would only use pregabalin as a last resort.

Yeah.. I take 300 mg every other day at night to help me sleep. And after a couple of weeks I´m out of them and don´t take them for a month or so..

Now it start again. First with the buildup I know so well, heart start to pump like when IV amph. Feet slowly getting cold. Nassau, yawning constantly.
But will dose soon and will also take Quentapine as It seem to help me right now.

I get Lyrica on script! Will that do?

right now I take Lyrica 2-3 times a week.

I'm not sure if you realise this, but lyrica will in some ways be confounding (or at least interplaying) with your phenibut withdrawal. I think they work on the same receptors.

Yeah I think you are right, I will only use Lyrica, 300 mg, when I really need to sleep. Sleep deprivation has bad effect on the WD:s. I noticed this on benzo WD also.

I will cut to 2,5 gram today. My Wd this time Is like a rollercoaster ride!

Reason why my WD Is so inconsistent Is maby because last couple of weeks I used Phenibut In a inconsistent manner! Like.. five days on 6 gram, five days on 8 gram.. etc. And the weekend before the last, I used like 10-15 gram a day.

Same as from the end Is this summer until now.. from 4 gram to 10/15 gram

Last edited:
I agree with your maybe...

This is not a game. I advise you to get stable on whatever dosage. Use that dosage for a week & start tapering then...

5% daily should be managable.

Don’t add that little more, like we addicts do...

Remember that not being high is not a withdrawal symptom.

Much luck!

Vazkor

Yeah I think you are right, I will only use Lyrica, 300 mg, when I really need to sleep. Sleep deprivation has bad effect on the WD:s. I noticed this on benzo WD also.

I will cut to 2,5 gram today. My Wd this time Is like a rollercoaster ride!

Reason why my WD Is so inconsistent Is maby because last couple of weeks I used Phenibut In a inconsistent manner! Like.. five days on 6 gram, five days on 8 gram.. etc. And the weekend before the last, I used like 10-15 gram a day.

Same as from the end Is this summer until now.. from 4 gram to 10/15 gram

I'm not advising you to discontinue the lyrica btw, just suggesting that it's probably been adding to your tolerance/withdrawals. Right now you just need to do whatever is stable, safe and steady - which might mean using the lyrica.

thanks for your responses!

My body Is like made of Ice right now.. really bad. Did not take any Lyrica yesterday but took 600 mg a hour ago. Don´t notice It much, a little bit warmer. I never freeze and this Is silly! I´m so cold I can barley feel my feet.

I won´t cut any more, 2,5 gram now, until I have stabilized some.

thank you guy..

I went from high doses down to this, 2,5, In just a matter of days, but felt like In WD at 4,5 gram.. So I guess this Is the effect..
I will never get high on Pheni again.. It´s not worth it. I have a long way in head of me..

Phenibut addiction is a very big problem it would seem. There are many variables at play that make dependence and withdrawal from this drug difficult. In places like Russia, Phenibut is prescribed for anxiety in standard dosages. In the United States, obviously, it's viewed as an Over The Counter "dietary supplement". At this point, I'm sure that the medical (addiction) community is becoming more aware of the drug and how frequently it's being used, but you are unlikely to encounter a typical MD who will understand your dependence, the withdrawal syndrome or its severity.

I have been to detox numerous times and have found that Phenibut is still a relatively obscure substance to them. I had to explain to 3 MD's that it was a Gabapentinoid and once they became aware of its nature, they were in shocked disbelief that it was sold OTC. This is really terrible though, because this lack of knowledge regarding the drug will lead to inadequate treatment for your withdrawal.

I've read that you have Pregabalin (Lyrica) in your toolbox? Well, I've always found the Gabapentinoids to be heavily cross-tolerant with one another. Phenibut is essentially the weakest Gabapentinoid you can acquire while Pregabalin is the most potent. I think you will benefit from other comfort medications, but you need to keep in the forefront of your mind that Pregabalin is cross-tolerant and will be a very important part of your withdrawal.

I will add as a post-script that at the very least, if you end up in the hospital again, do not mention Phenibut. If you truly are having dangerously severe withdrawal symptoms, you will probably need to lie to get adequate care. You will be much better off in this scenario to not mention Phenibut and to say that you are heavily addicted to Benzodiazepines, Alcohol and hell, tell em you take Phenobarbital (Luminal) occasionally.

I will do everything I can not to end up in hospital again.. I take 300 mg prega. every other day.. I cant really feel it.. It helped me to get hungry and eat just now. Food is very imortent and I can feel how I get warm and somewhat relaxed after..

If I do end up in hospital.. I will say that I´m going thru a bad benzo WD. I have a script for diazipam but they ran out two weeks ago. Dont really take them every day though.. no need when on phenibut. Pheni wipes all other addictions away in five minutes.

I also have Zopiclone on script. When high on pheni I cant fell the effects from it (15mg a day). But now! I´m counting the minutes until it´s time to take them..

once again.. thank you..

just got 200 gram of Pheni. on the mail. So know I got 350 gram and feel safe..

Don´t think I will need to buy more this hellish drug.

350 gram will put me out of the Hospital, because If I would have to choose, hospital or up my dose. I would up my dose.. I almost died last time in the Hospital! 250/130. On the monitor "Error" !! And In the same time having a really fucked up paranoid psychos. Worm, sculls, dark horror stuff! I do everything I and not to go there again. Also.. I cant take Phenibut on the hospital.. If would go CT from here I sure I would die.

I will call my doctor tomorrow and see when my next Diazipam script is coming. I believe they would really help right now.. not everyday of course.. only for the "peeks" .

feeling a tiny bit better since two days so I cut down to 2,3 gram.

Sleeping Is a bitch, though I take 15 mg Zopiclone I only sleep for approximately 3 hours a night.

Freezing is also a little bit better, I´m able to sit up at my laptop.

I´m positive.
approximatelyapproximately

One hour before I dosed, right now, I began to freeze again. But all day I been feeling great so I make a big cut. Bet it will hurt but I wont die.

I have the first three days fresh in my memory and they are kind of the roof fro what I can take. It was three days of dark evil nastyness and I felt like being ripped apart by daemons.

Now I´m cycle Seroquel and Lyrica. One day each. Seroquel stops to have the effect I want after a couple of days, and I dont want to be hooked on Lyrica either.

LOL i panicked some days ago when realizing that I only had 150 gram Phenibut left. So I random ordered from four places so I now have 550 gram of different brands.. I wont trow It away I will save it and look at it and remeber how bad I felt and how god It felt. But never touch It again.

Last time I tried quitting my plan was to be Phenibutfree until my brain was healed and then take it sometimes. I cant do it that way. I start shovel down high random doses right away. It´s my heroin, crack, and everything. I hate it and love it. I don´t believe In God, In the perfect sense. But I believe In evil. And Phenibut Is pure Evil.

Last edited by a moderator: