• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Phenibut – overdose or withdrawal?

Thanks guys. I ended up seeing a psychiatrist tuesday night because I was freaking out so badly and I start a new job next week. He prescribed me a sleeping pill for one night, and 300mg gabapentin 3x a day, which I'm to take in place of either phenibut or klonopin, and ostensibly to taper off from sometime in the future.

I got a good night's sleep last night and the night before, and I took the gabapentin yesterday and plan to do the same today. I haven't had panic since, just that background drone of anxiety and depression but I'm sure those will go away with time. I went for a run and today plan to do the same, and go to yoga.

The gabapentin doesn't seem to have any noticeable effect other than maybe making me spacey but I'm not sure if I'd be that way anyway. I'd rather not replace one drug with a similar one but my main concern is staying sane for my new job and right now I think I will be able to do that. I don't think it would make sense for me to go back to the phenibut right now, even though I am definitely craving it. Everything seems a little boring without it. Just drinking coffee instead!

Stack the Gabapentin @ 300mg, once an hour, and after your final dose of Gabapentin , wait an hour and take the Clonazepam. Drop the phenibut. Take this correctly, not to get high off of.

Yes, it could be withdrawal. But you should be having CNS symptoms. Are you having anxiety or derealization at all? trouble sleeping or nightmares?

To ease your withdrawals you should not have used phenibut that way. It's no wonder you got sick. That is not how it's supposed to be used. When they say no more than 2g a day they don't mean all at once. It's supposed to be in divided doses. The max daily limit for klonopin and xanax is 20mg and 10mg a day respectively, but that doesn't mean take 20 and 10mg all at once.

You should have taken 500mg to 750mg 3 times a day, and stuck with that daily. fuck the instructions to take a break or use no more than a few times a week. You can use it like a daily medication. And it would have helped perfectly. It's a gabapentionid like lyrica and neurontin and you would have got perfect help from it that way...

Don't avoid it! If you're sick from not taking it, take 250mg three times a day. It will help.

Hmm, he said he used it daily only for the period of 6 days. So it is not certain, whether it was withdrawal or adverse effects of high dose (and high dosed drug combinations).

In my opinion, the main culprit for the mentioned side effects came :

- primarily from the combination of high doses of phenibut (2-4g a day is huge for a person, that is not dependent or at least only for a short period, because phenibut has a 6 hour half-life for low doses, so if you ingest 3g, it won't be excreted until at least 24 hours) with high doses of amphetamine, in my experience phenibut feels toxic in combination (when the onsets are overlapping) with dopamine/noradrenaline releasing agents, plus you had ethanol in addition and that makes the combination even more unpredictable
- secondarily from the lack of sleep

Just saying, that I would not assume, that you have been physically dependent to the phenibut (or IF at all, then not dangerously so), if it is true, that you took it daily for only 6 days. The advice is nonetheless not harmful to take only lowest-possible doses to ween you off and don't experience adrenergic rebounds.