View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Peyote Way Church of God

Teotzlcoatl

Bluelighter
If so peyote is legal for native american tribes on their tribal land. If you could trace lineage back to a member of one of these tribes you might be able to have a go at the peyote thing.

Um... no.

Have you never heard of Peyote Way?

ANYBODY white, black, blue or whatever can join peyote way and legally eat peyote.

Y'all need to keep up.

The doses they used in the experiments are produced in a lab, but its entirely possible it exists in peyote in very small amounts as a chemical intermediary.

MDMA is not in cacti, sorry. Perhaps some distantly related compounds...

Methamphetamine is regarded as horrible by most, but it exists in some species of acacia.

I know exactly what your talking about and no, that was proved to be a myth.

Look into it more and you'll see.

Is the manifestation of human technology natural?

No. It's easy to see the difference between a tree and a car.

Natural? If not, one could argue that a chimp using a stick to eat termites is in defiance of the natural order, and i doubt anyone here is prepared to make that argument.

The "natural order" and natural are two different things. Of course it's ok for chimps and humans to use tools, but that doesn't suddenly turn the tools into organic, natural things.

Morphine can be isolated from opium or produced synthetically, is the "natural" one better?

No.

Where in the world does heroin occur in nature? Kinda like the acacia that makes meth?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have y'all heard of Peyote Way?

http://www.peyoteway.org/

teotzl, can you plz stop flooding the board with botanical threads that don't go anywhere?

the majority of threads on here are about RCs and synthetic drugs because that is what most of the members here are reading/writing about.

maybe you would be a lot happier at mycotopia and shroomery.

im banned at both of those places, sorry.

maybe some people here will get interested in botanicals

we can only hope

What is this random shit? This isn't a religious forum so go post things about religion in p and s forum. Where did you even receive those ridiculous quotes? Also why are you talking about heroin(diacetylmorphine) occuring naturally in a plant when the quote was talking about morphine? Finally why would you join a religion just to eat peyote legally when you could buy san pedro or peruvian torch at anytime(although it may not technically be legal since most are buying it to consume its mescaline content)?

Its suprising your not banned from every forum on the internet.

Yes sure, try to get people interested this way. Nonsensical arguments, lists of plants and advertisement-like stuff.
It's like screaming at deaf people hoping they will hear you, while around you other people's ears are starting to bleed.
Change your attitude or prepare to be defecated by the people on this forum more than you already are.

It's about an entheogenic peyote religion.

How about y'all chill the fuck out.

Y'all are the ones being trolls to me now.

wow, mycotopia banned you? were you telling them not to extract DMT?

Naw, I kept posting links or something they didn't like.

Something to do with links.

Change your attitude or prepare to be defacated by the people on this forum more than you already are.

Like it matters? I do not require respect... but I expect you as a mod to enforce the rules fairly and keep people on topic and what not.... or do you play favorites?

Where did you even receive those ridiculous quotes? Also why are you talking about heroin(diacetylmorphine) occuring naturally in a plant when the quote was talking about morphine?

From some fucking idiot in the other thread. I would have responded there but somebody closed it! Which I'd really apperciate if it was opened back up!

Finally why would you join a religion just to eat peyote legally when you could buy san pedro or peruvian torch at anytime(although it may not technically be legal since most are buying it to consume its mescaline content)?

Are you fucking stupid? Ask a Native American that and see what he says.

You think I'm just eating peyote to get high on mescaline? god you really don't get it, do you?

Um... no.

Have you never heard of Peyote Way?

ANYBODY white, black, blue or whatever can join peyote way and legally eat peyote.

Y'all need to keep up.

I was refering to starting a chapter or whatever the smaller unit in that organization is called. I know anyone can join, but I doubt anyone can start one up anywhere, honestly i've never looked into that though.

MDMA is not in cacti, sorry. Perhaps some distantly related compounds...

This comment was based on a snippet from PiHKAL. And i don't think its been disproven. In fact there are loads of weird different methylene dioxy compounds in peyote, and potentially other cacti, I don't know b/c they haven't been studied that well. I doubt you can know what the collective science of botany hasn't found or addressed yet.

I know exactly what your talking about and no, that was proved to be a myth.

Look into it more and you'll see.

Link to study amphetamine & a few other previously "synthetic" chemicals have been found in acacia sp. Link to another study. Granted these results haven't been repeated, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't accurate, just that further work needs to be done.

No. It's easy to see the difference between a tree and a car.

The "natural order" and natural are two different things. Of course it's ok for chimps and humans to use tools, but that doesn't suddenly turn the tools into organic, natural things.

Part of me doesn't want to dignify this with a response, however i will. Various birds have also been known to use sticks, and in studies stick-like objects, to obtain desired objects. This is natural yes? What about when the researcher replaces the stick with a plastic straw or thin piece of wire? No longer natural behavior? Tool using & innovation is very natural. Funny you use the word organic, as most "synthetic" psychoactives are considered organic chemicals. And in as far as the tree vs. car comment goes, what about a wooden wagon? thats made from a tree, these eventually led to cars. What about older cars made out of metals extant in nature vs. the plastic ones of today. Rubber is natural, so then would the tire tread be? Its ultimately impossible to separate because we are products of the planet we live on.

No.

Where in the world does heroin occur in nature? Kinda like the acacia that makes meth?

I misspoke there, I meant codeine. The reason I was referring to codeine is that though it is a "natural" alkaloid, it doesn't always make a great medicine, since some people, most commonly those of asian descent, lack the proper enzymes to metabolize it into morphine, as codeine is just a pro-drug. These people would then require a "synthetic" drug for whatever codeine was going to be used for. Granted they could just take morphine, but i don't see any doctors prescribing that for a cough.

Hey thanks for responding nicely and posting links and what not.

I apperciate it.

Part of me doesn't want to dignify this with a response, however i will. Various birds have also been known to use sticks, and in studies stick-like objects, to obtain desired objects. This is natural yes? What about when the researcher replaces the stick with a plastic straw or thin piece of wire? No longer natural behavior? Tool using & innovation is very natural. Funny you use the word organic, as most "synthetic" psychoactives are considered organic chemicals. And in as far as the tree vs. car comment goes, what about a wooden wagon? thats made from a tree, these eventually led to cars. What about older cars made out of metals extant in nature vs. the plastic ones of today. Rubber is natural, so then would the tire tread be? Its ultimately impossible to separate because we are products of the planet we live on.

I still think it's real simple... a tree is natural. A car is not. A mouse is natural but a plane is not. etc.

Natural is occuring without any human intervention, that is natural.

As for organic compounds which are made synthetically... you can't use the chemistry def., you have to use the one for food... ask yourself is this organic according to the food standards.

I don't see any need to go into it any further than that.

Yup banned at Edot too.

After reading through a few of this guys posts I think it should be quite obvious to anyone why this guy keeps getting banned left & right.

For real! So why ask? I have unpopular opinions!

He obviously just jumps from site to site. Each one bans him and he moves onto the next. I'm just pissed off he got dumped on bluelight and now we have to deal with him.

How off topic can we get ?

Trees are created from chemicals - they are biologically natural expressions of "nature" allegedly produced by the process known as evolution. Technological objects are produced by objects created from evolution where & why is there a dividing line?

If y'all don't get the difference between natural and unnatural well I can't help you.

It's fucking simple to see what is natural and what isn't, stop trying to twist it.

How off topic can we get ?

should have left the other thread open

It is not your opinion...it is your attitude and the way you choose to state your opinion.

in many places it's simply been my opinion, admit it, y'all wouldn't like me saying half of the stuff i say no matter how i said it!

im banned at both of those places, sorry.

Teo, I have the feeling you're well on your way to getting banned here too, which is unfortunate because you seem to have much to contribute. Just take it down a notch. Try coming up with thoughtful posts rather than spamming the forum with lists and one liners...or don't and see where that gets you.

;)

P.S. Wade Davis is a great anthropologist and writer. I enjoyed reading Light at the Edge of the World and One River.

Teo, I have the feeling you're well on your way to getting banned here too,

I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet! Which does say something good about this site.

which is unfortunate because you seem to have much to contribute.

I do.

P.S. Wade Davis is a great anthropologist and writer. I enjoyed reading Light at the Edge of the World and One River.

Thank god somebody here reads books and is interested in something a little "more" :)

Glad you posted

If y'all don't get the difference between natural and unnatural well I can't help you.

I get the difference - the point was what's your perspective ?

I'll use the USDA/FDA standards for organic.

Perhaps I'll start saying organic instead of natural.

Or even "USDA organic", lol, so there is no confusion.

Hey thanks for responding nicely and posting links and what not.

I apperciate it.

I still think it's real simple... a tree is natural. A car is not. A mouse is natural but a plane is not. etc.

Natural is occuring without any human intervention, that is natural.

As for organic compounds which are made synthetically... you can't use the chemistry def., you have to use the one for food... ask yourself is this organic according to the food standards.

I don't see any need to go into it any further than that.

I'm sorry to keep pressing this issue, but its not a black & white issue. First off, by your definition a human infant is not natural. Neither would broccoli, the current incarnation of a banana, or a tree that was planted by humans. Again, i don't think that this is the case. Why would human intervention be unnatural? We're animals, animals intervene all the time. Why is a beaver damn natural and a man made one not? They both can cause both productive & destructive events. Squirrels store nuts, as do we.

Furthermore, the standards for organic food are set by either the FDA or USDA, in the U.S. anyway. God knows we don't want to bring discussion of regulatory agencies etc into this. Nonetheless applying what is basically a legal term regarding agriculture to a broad array of non-food items doesn't really work. Is growing shrooms in a mason jar natural and organic? Well, by your definition of natural no, and by the FDA Organic standards, maybe, depending on what type of growing substrate you use, I suppose.

All in all what I'm getting at is that its pretty much one big grey area, not a simple black & white issue.