• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [Peyote Subthread] Dosage & Methods of Administration

A basic rule of thumb is each button contains 20mg at full maturity. I wouldn't use that as a foolproof guide by any means though.... 6 cm is fine for Peyote diameter or height really, actually pretty fucking small if you think abiut it.

I'll leave this open as we don't have a lot of info on peyote dosing here. I will change the thread title a bt.

^Yeah either way, one button is not enough for trip...

Oh, I didn't realize 6cm meant a cactus 6cm in diameter, or that it was your own planted cactus. And don't they still vary by height somewhat? i.e. height matters in estimating weight. I'm accustom to dealing with lengths of cacti cuttings.

I thought I remember seeing a document on erowid that discussed different lengths and diameters of san pedro and gave their weights. By assuming a similar density and adjusting for peyote's average mescaline content you may be able to get a rough estimate of its weight mathematically. Still sounds small.

^AFAIK peyote is more potent then san pedro by weight though....?

^yeah, I said they'd have to adjust for peyote's avg mescaline content. Even if they pulled all that off they'd be left with a pretty wide range of possibilities. This thread should probably just conclude, as it kind of has, that cola probably doesn't have enough for a worthwhile trip. You could buy some dried peruvianus chips cola (less nausea).

Yes, given that it is for sale it is probably a young specimen, which might have lower alkaloid levels than an older one too. Still, for a very patient person they make a nice gift :)

My advice, as always for peyote purchase, is to buy twice what you will need; half for you, half for posterity.

^And half for the goblins

hmm...well i guess i'll buy 2 cacti...
on the other hand body weight and age might matter in this....hmmm...
well f. it it's my birthday i think i can overspend a little bit...
thanks for the advice, my trip will be in the mountains a a cabain...
and as for the eating part, i guess from whati read i'll just eat it raw and drink grapefruit juice (advie of erowid)
thx guys

*edit*oh yea...theese are the ones on sale ;)

*later edit* would 60 cm of a san pedro be more worthwhile? i know it's less potent and i have to eat more raw cactus, but if it will make a better trip maybe it's worth it.

Last edited:
hey swillow?? where is your source about dosage?? I recently came into contact with a guy that showed me where to get 6cm buttons and they are about 10-13yrs old I beleive... med-hard grown.. basically having quite a bit of mescaline content.. and when I asked him to compare buttons to 1foot of bridgessii he said that 1 button would def. be suffictient.. but to get more "peyote" effects to have a second one ready incase it wasnt enough... and he also warned against jumping right into eating two....... and no he is not the dealer lol..

basically i'm figuring that most reports of people eating 4-12 button is probably because they are smaller and younger... meaning a great deal..

seeing how most say that if a cacti say produced "1unit" of mescaline per year the first two years that would not mean it does that each following year.. the units per year go up.... making a 10yr old cacti pretty strong I guess...

this is all speculation since the 4 babies are still potted... but I will have a trip report asap...

the guy seems very knowledgable and has pointed me in the right direction of other things too.....

in other words 6cm should be at least a mild mescaline experience, i think :\

If you have access to Peyote, then you should buy some extras and cherish them and let them grow.

I thought the general rule of thumb was 1 foot of cactus per dose (for a medium sized branch).

The blender/boil/ filter method looked appealing...

5meohd said:
hey swillow?? where is your source about dosage?? I recently came into contact with a guy that showed me where to get 6cm buttons and they are about 10-13yrs old I beleive... med-hard grown.. basically having quite a bit of mescaline content.. and when I asked him to compare buttons to 1foot of bridgessii he said that 1 button would def. be suffictient.. but to get more "peyote" effects to have a second one ready incase it wasnt enough... and he also warned against jumping right into eating two....... and no he is not the dealer lol..

basically i'm figuring that most reports of people eating 4-12 button is probably because they are smaller and younger... meaning a great deal..

seeing how most say that if a cacti say produced "1unit" of mescaline per year the first two years that would not mean it does that each following year.. the units per year go up.... making a 10yr old cacti pretty strong I guess...

this is all speculation since the 4 babies are still potted... but I will have a trip report asap...

the guy seems very knowledgable and has pointed me in the right direction of other things too.....

in other words 6cm should be at least a mild mescaline experience, i think :\

To be honest, I have no source :eek: :! But the standard peyote dosage is several grams dried....which is certainly more then one or two buttons. That said, I have no idea really how much mescaline content varies over time, but I doubt one button would contain something like 300mg of mescaline. Tradionally, most reports I've heard have indicated that 8 or more seem to be the way to go. Mescaline content in peyote is strong, but when dried that cacus doesn't weigh much....I couldn't estimate how much a dried button would weigh, but it wouldn't be much.

Anyway, I got this from a good catcus guide

There have been over sixty alkaloids discovered in this plant which has been described as a " little green chemical factory ". This Cactus is known to contain 56 nitrogen containing compounds derived from a tyrosine base, as well as 20 tyramine-like alkaloids. Mescaline content usually ranges from about 3 - 6%, by dry weight, averaging around 4%, but is highly variable. Most of the alkaloids present can be classified as B-phenethylamines like mescaline or tetrahydroisoquinolines like hordenine. These chemicals differ in structure from LSD in that they don't have a complete indole ring. Mescaline content of fresh, undried cactus is reported at 0.4 %.

When I ate peyote I ate something like 6 or 7 buttons and they were quite large.

I doubt one will do you very well.

cola said:
hmm...well i guess i'll buy 2 cacti...
on the other hand body weight and age might matter in this....hmmm...
well f. it it's my birthday i think i can overspend a little bit...
thanks for the advice, my trip will be in the mountains a a cabain...
and as for the eating part, i guess from whati read i'll just eat it raw and drink grapefruit juice (advie of erowid)
thx guys

*edit*oh yea...theese are the ones on sale ;)

*later edit* would 60 cm of a san pedro be more worthwhile? i know it's less potent and i have to eat more raw cactus, but if it will make a better trip maybe it's worth it.

60cm of san pedro should be plenty, maybe enough for two.

that means i could try my luck and buy 2 and eat them, or it's a rip off so i guess this is a bad ideea, maybe i'll buy a san pedro and let it grow, i guess...:(

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if this is overstepping boundaries, but San Pedro and Peruvian Torch catcti are legally purchasable in the United States for decorational purposes...

no source?

removing price discussion- swilow

Last edited by a moderator:
Changed said:
I don't know if this is overstepping boundaries, but San Pedro and Peruvian Torch catcti are legally purchasable in the United States for decorational purposes...

no source?

No source. BL has a no sourcing policy, be it for legal things or otherwise.

Though on that note, because of their easy legality, one can get cactus pretty easily.

COLA, defintely go for San Pedro, I don't know what the deal is with the peyote you were offerred, but thats a rip off and will not contain enough mescaline for a trip. Another issue with peyote and why its best not used, is its status as an endangered plant. If anything, try and grow some peyote if you've got a few decades :)

^ Hmm thx for advice.Ill get a san pedro 40-60cm tall and cook it and eat it :) and save a little bit to replant...i heard san pedro grows to a eatable lenght in 2 yrs...
I mean c'mon 60cm of san pedro should be enough...at least for a mild trip.