• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [Peyote Subthread] Dosage & Methods of Administration

Freebase mescaline is very caustic. I don't think you would want to smoke it, and you'd need alot of it to get high. You would have to smoke even more peyote to get high.

Native Americans drink Peyote in a tea. I don't know if they smoke it at all. If they do, its mainly ceremonial, its not enough to get them high.

As you need a minimum of some 6-8 medium sized buttons to experience effects orally (the usual dose beeing for 8 buttons to the heavy 16 buttons dose)... smoking it you would need to smoke 3-4 medium sized buttons as a minimum which doesn't seem practical to me (maybe smoking one medium sized button would give some slight effects like some light well beeing with a little psychedelic or dreamy feeling, but I'm almost sure one button wouldn't give any visuals...It wouldn't be more psychedelic than smoking some good weed I guess)

sounds like the smoked shrooms thread cropping up again.... its just too much to smoke !

On a more serious note,

Does anyone have any experience vaporising mescaline (freebase or salt)? Or can anyone tell me what a stupid idea this is because mescaline is too unstable/vap point is too high/the caustic smoke will destroy my precious alveoli?

Smoking mescaline is a bad idea for basically all the reasons you listed, aside from the stability.

Native Americans do smoke peyote during their sweats. It is done strictly ceremonially to get a closer bond to the peyote bird spirits.

fellway429 said:
thats what the famous 'peace pipe' had in it. peyote.
This simply isn't true.

"The ceremonial use of the peace pipe is a simple ritual. The peace pipe serves as a portable altar. It is loaded with tobacco, and only tobacco, or a tobacco variation called kinnic kinnick , which is the bark of the red willow and non-hallucinatory. The bark of the red willow has a pleasant aroma, and served in the old days as a substitute, when tobacco was scarce on the great plains."

"calumet [Fr.,=reed], name given by the French to the peace pipe used by the indigenous people of North America for smoking tobacco; it consisted of a long, feathered stem, with or without a pipe bowl. Such pipes were considered sacred, offering communion with the animate powers of the universe and embodying the honor and the source of power of Native Americans who possessed them. Calumets were particularly used at the conclusion of peace treaties and in ceremonies of adoption. They served as ambassadors' credentials and were passports of safe-conduct wherever recognized. The pipes were principally used by the Dakotan (Siouan) and Algonquian peoples of the Great Plains and in the SE United States. However, pipes were used throughout most of North America, and communal smoking, wherever found, usually carried the guarantees of amity granted with food sharing."

The peace pipe dates back to the pre-columbian era and contained tobacco, and that is what the famous 'Walter Raleigh' brought back to europe.

The spread of peyote use to native american tribes north of mexico began in the late 19th century, starting with the Kiowa and Comanche who were experiencing the disintegration of their cultural traditions under the reservation system, long after the peace pipe had become 'famous'.

I've eaten both dried and fresh peyote, and I couldn't imagine smoking a psychoactive dose, but I suppose its possible.

"So I'm repelling down Mt. Vesuvius when suddenly I slip... and I start to fall, and I mean I'm about to die...just falling...I'll never forget the terror...then suddenly I remember, 'Holy shit. Hansel, haven't you been smoking peyote for 6 straight days,and couldn't some of this maybe be in your mind????'...It was...I was totally fine...I've never even been to Mt. Vesuvius"

wombat66 said:
This simply isn't true.

"The ceremonial use of the peace pipe is a simple ritual. The peace pipe serves as a portable altar. It is loaded with tobacco, and only tobacco, or a tobacco variation called kinnic kinnick , which is the bark of the red willow and non-hallucinatory. The bark of the red willow has a pleasant aroma, and served in the old days as a substitute, when tobacco was scarce on the great plains."

"calumet [Fr.,=reed], name given by the French to the peace pipe used by the indigenous people of North America for smoking tobacco; it consisted of a long, feathered stem, with or without a pipe bowl. Such pipes were considered sacred, offering communion with the animate powers of the universe and embodying the honor and the source of power of Native Americans who possessed them. Calumets were particularly used at the conclusion of peace treaties and in ceremonies of adoption. They served as ambassadors' credentials and were passports of safe-conduct wherever recognized. The pipes were principally used by the Dakotan (Siouan) and Algonquian peoples of the Great Plains and in the SE United States. However, pipes were used throughout most of North America, and communal smoking, wherever found, usually carried the guarantees of amity granted with food sharing."

The peace pipe dates back to the pre-columbian era and contained tobacco, and that is what the famous 'Walter Raleigh' brought back to europe.

The spread of peyote use to native american tribes north of mexico began in the late 19th century, starting with the Kiowa and Comanche who were experiencing the disintegration of their cultural traditions under the reservation system, long after the peace pipe had become 'famous'.

I've eaten both dried and fresh peyote, and I couldn't imagine smoking a psychoactive dose, but I suppose its possible.

Thanks, thats an excellent post, very informative. My father tells me he didnt exactly trip, but just saw some decent visuals. Apparently they just chipped a little off of the peyote button and smoked it in the joint. Could have been good weed + placebo, maybe it was a little mescaline, but I guess the general consensus is to eat it, thats the only way I would do it, and probably the only way to experience a true mescaline trip.

Sounds disgusting.. Whether or not you could get an effect, I'm not sure, but I am sure it wouldn't be worth it for me.

peyote (orally) does worth it, for anyone, believe me...it's just a wonderful trip (but yeh, doesn't taste good)...smoked I doubt you would experience anything worthwhile unless you vaporize a powder alkaloids extract made from buttons (or even pure mescaline but mescaline feels different than peyote)

I recommend to powder it very fine & capsule it, if the taste is too disgusting for you. Might not preventing you from vomiting or sickness but might help at least with the taste. I once was vomiting from it...just on the beginning of chewing. Nothing was even arrived at my stomach so...I can recommend the capsuling method.
On the other hand I would be interested in more information about smoking more pure (extracted) mescaline. It should work, I heard as well, but there is not much known about the dosages and the possibly different trip duration.

"So I'm repelling down Mt. Vesuvius when suddenly I slip... and I start to fall, and I mean I'm about to die...just falling...I'll never forget the terror...then suddenly I remember, 'Holy shit. Hansel, haven't you been smoking peyote for 6 straight days,and couldn't some of this maybe be in your mind????'...It was...I was totally fine...I've never even been to Mt. Vesuvius"
That was a funny ass movie:D

So, i'm sorry for the new thread, i couldn't find the "big and dandy" mescaline thread...so sorry again, but i really need expert advice

My birthday's coming pretty quick and i decided for a present i'd get a peyote cactus...but have no ideea about the dosage, so my question is : would 6 cm peyote cactus be enough for one person? Considering i'm pretty skinny...

And another question i have: i heard people say you should consume the cactus by just eating it...
Is this how it's supposed to be done? Eat raw cactus?

Sorry for the topic again , pls help...

Peyote is small and bulbous, and is usually sold in "buttons." If you were sold 6 cm of a cactus you probably have san pedro or t. peruvianus--the mescaline content of which both vary considerably (though 6cm is an extremely small amount, even without knowing the diameter.)

Here's the mescaline cacti b&d thread

Here's a picture of a peyote button being grafted

Last edited:
psood0nym said:
Peyote is small and bulbous, and is usually sold in "buttons." If you were sold 6 cm of a cactus you probably have san pedro or t. peruvianus--the mescaline content of which both vary considerably (though 6cm is an extremely small amount, even without knowing the diameter.)

Here's the mescaline cacti b&d thread

Patience, peyote can be 6cm in diameter if it's alive and not dried.

I think you need 12-30g of fresh, 3-6g of dried.

If you cut it carefully it should regrow from the stump. Clean, horizontal cut just above soil level.

it's a planted small peyote, a button cactus, no spines, potted in soil, around 6 cm...
I read that a person needs to eas somwhere around 15-25g fresh peyote to have a mild to modarate trip...