• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Peyote & Cardiac Risk

Where did you get the buttons from? The wild? How old were they? If they were under about 10 years old they wouldn't have any mescaline in them anyway.

Where did you get the buttons from? The wild? How old were they? If they were under about 10 years old they wouldn't have any mescaline in them anyway.

I was also going to ask about the size and age of the buttons. But '10 years' seems a bit arbitrary. Don't suppose you have a link about that ?

Just from the book Trouts notes. He advised upwards of 15 years for best results. And he said a low dose would be 6-8 buttons but many experienced natives took upwards of 40 buttons.

It's kind of impossible to say you need x number of buttons of peyote. They aren't even close to standard from one to the next, you can have gigantic grandpa buttons that would be enough from just 1 or 2, or 30 juveniles that wouldn't be close to as strong as a couple old grandpas.

Also depends on your ability to keep them down once you put them in.

I'd disagree very, very strongly with that. Authorities knowing that you take illegal drugs is a terrible idea.

Doctors aren't the authorities though. They have an obligation to keep whatever you share confidential as well or else they could lose their license.

Doctors aren't the authorities though. They have an obligation to keep whatever you share confidential as well or else they could lose their license.

Not quite
Insurance and drug companies can buy medical records in the UK. They contain date of birth, post code and NHS number. Thats enough to work out who you are.
Some employers also ask to see medical records.

We're still waiting for you to say where you got the peyote from rhythm.

I'm not going to say. Isn't talking about sources against the rules anyway? Besides, you guys seem to default to criticism/skepticism lately anyway.

personally, with your history and based only on your heart symptoms, id go to the doc and see if all is ok.

my opinion is a lot of what you feel is realted to anxiety more than the heart itself, but thats just me. even with arthritis, theres no reason for a 25yo to have palpitations outside bouts/ treatment periods. if you do, then somethings not right. you should find that out before.

its possible that peyote, and anything psychedelic for that matter, to exacerbate anxiety and therefore seem to cause heart problems...

^ I didn't get it from the wild.

The peyote definitely helped... and drastically reduced my anxiety, so... so yeah.

Also, to piggy-back on my own thread, does anybody know anything about iboga-mescaline interactions? I would never do them at the same time, but as I understand it, Ibogaine gets converted into noribogaine in the body, and then acts as a natural SSRI for a few months.

Would noribogaine screw up, enhance, potentiate, dull, make dangerous, etc. peyote/mescaline?

Don't wish too hard - it's almost extinct thanks to fuckwits tripping on it.

I don't think it's fair to call anyone who takes Iboga a fuckwit. Most of them are addicts who need it, and the rest are at the end of their rope in some other way. Iboga is NOT a recreational drug--it's a last resort psychedelic backhoe and anyone taking it knows that. I think the correct approach to the problem of Iboga endangerment is not to restrict usage, but to expand supply.

Anyway, I'm assuming you don't have an answer to my noribogaine question.

I'm sure they still have it at Navajo indian reservations. Since they can do it legally

Theoretically it's legal - but the police still harrass them.

I think they try and grow it rather than pick it from the wild. Leonard Mercardo - a native american church member got busted with about 200 peyote growing in his house.

too bad peyote takes ages to grow if i remember right. something like 15 years?

Well they grow ok but they don't have any mescaline in them till they're 15.