• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Petroleum Vs. Diesel

Diesel stinks, it's noisy, dirty, lower performance & only cheaper if you're driving all day. They cost more to buy & maintain too, so you really have to be driving a lot to save any money.

I have to switch the fan on to just recirculate the air in the car if I'm behind some nasty stinking diesel.

I prefer the buzz off unleaded, not a patch on the old 4 star mind, sad days the drug scene has gone down hill so much.

I hired a car last weekend. Only a dainty little Peugot 208, 1.6tdi, wasn't the fastest thing on the road but was suprised how nice it was to drive. Never been a fan of Peugeot but this one felt pretty solid.

Averaging 90mpg from a mixture of mainly motorway and some town.

Saying that, my BMW 320d has fucked up from me working locally for some time, short trips and that fuckeyed DPF filter fucking up.. Time for a new set of wheels :)

I think any car I was going to "drive" would have to be a self-driving one.

And as much as I love the idea of a hybrid car (imagine a Class 43 locomotive scaled down and modernised), the electric hybrid power train is effectively a posh CVT, so there is no traditional clutch or gears. Which is the only aspect of driving a cat that I'm actually any good at. (Cue flashback / dream sequence, in sister's car one summer's day, the stereo blasting out loud, an open bag of fish and chips between us, and me changing gear on command whenever she needed her left hand to eat some more chips ..... Trust me, those little wooden forks can seriously cane, if they break the skin and push salt and vinegar into the wound.)

Which is the only aspect of driving a cat that I'm actually any good at.

lol

(Cue flashback / dream sequence, in sister's car one summer's day, the stereo blasting out loud, an open bag of fish and chips between us, and me changing gear on command whenever she needed her left hand to eat some more chips ..... Trust me, those little wooden forks can seriously cane, if they break the skin and push salt and vinegar into the wound.)

What the absolute fuck?

Last edited:
Depends on the engine does it not?

I like the idea of electric, or waste products ie: buses running on chip pan fats 8(

I wish my tacoma was a diesel tbh. The down side in diesels are very expensive to repair and service, but they are superior in every other way. At least toyota will offer a diesel option for the tundra next year

I like your feminism incitement efforts Raaz, but I'm no bait tonight :|

sorry pal x

Lol, well played.

Best not to pay attention to any of my posts after midnight on a Saturday night....

Droppersneck said:
I wish my tacoma was a diesel tbh. The down side in diesels are very expensive to repair and service, but they are superior in every other way.

I've heard this before about servicing, but it's not true. Service parts for a diesel are dead cheap. You can find a decent fuel filter, air filter and oil filter on ebay for about £15. They don't use spark plugs so gonna be cheaper to service than a petrol.

As for repairs, clutches are very expensive as you need to do the flywheel as well and high mileage diesels may incur a few turbo problems. Everything else is the same as a petrol car.

Last edited:
I don't mind my diesels when they're 3.0 turbo. For me I find 3.0 to b the magic number.

I've had a few nice Mercedes e and s320 cdi's great for eating up the miles, effortless driving and enough power for day to day driving.

On th flip side, for fun I'm yet to find and derv that excites me like my 3.0 turbo supra, or couldn't imagibe my 1000cc bike would be anywhere near as fun with a Lister diesel in ?

Lol, well played.

Best not to pay attention to any of my posts after midnight on a Saturday night....

I've heard this before about servicing, but it's not true. Service parts for a diesel are dead cheap. You can find a decent fuel filter, air filter and oil filter on ebay for about £15. They don't use spark plugs so gonna be cheaper to service than a petrol.

As for repairs, clutches are very expensive as you need to do the flywheel as well and high mileage diesels may incur a few turbo problems. Everything else is the same as a petrol car.

I really don't understand where people get this idea that a diesel is more to service than a petrol? I can only assume it's second hand 'knowledge' passed on.
A fuel filter is a fuel filter.
An air filter is an air filter
5ltr of oil is 5ltr of oil...

See where I'm going here?

General wear happens on all engines regardless of ignition system or fuel type. When people talk about 'repair costs' being more on a diesel, what are they actually referring to? Most failures are electronics related! If a head gasket goes, what's the difference i replacing it between fuel types?

Now diesels are common rail there really isn't that many mechanical differences and the costs reflect that. 4-stroke diesel or 4-stroke petrol there really isn't much in it now.

Diesels sound shite, they have a limited rev range, modern diesels used for lots of short journeys will usually die (unless you give them at least 20 mins of 70mph +once a month), They stink...

On the pro side the torque is immense, especially on mapped cars.

I really think especially for performance orientated vehicles petrol hybrid will dominate

But if I did have a Euromillions win one of these would be bought

an overnight charge costs £3.60 and should give at least 150 miles of hooning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzwZ8JOBgYI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmFqI_cZgsc

Last edited:
What the absolute fuck?
This is my sister we're talking about. Actually stopping the car somewhere and getting out to eat our dinner would have been an unnecessary waste of time, especially when there was a passenger in the front seat to change gear for her .....

And yes, I am aware that this probably counts as "not being in full control of one's own vehicle", so Don't Try This At Home, Kids. Fortunately, we managed to escape the attention of the local constabulary; and even more fortunately, most of my gear changes were O.K. (not too many chip fork holes in my legs .....) and we made it home in one piece.