European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Petroleum Vs. Diesel

Raasyvibe

Bluelighter
Just noticed how diesel is considerably cheaper than petrol now. Sooo are you a petrol man (or woman) or a diesel man (or woman)?

Once being a bit of a boy-wankery-racer-twat, I'd be going for zesty petrol over sluggish diesel any day of the week. However these days, the diesel engines are so much more refined - efficient turbo's, far better fuel economy, far more torque per BHP, engines that never seem to die.... is there any reason to warrant a petrol engined car anymore??

Just noticed how diesel is considerably cheaper than petrol now. Sooo are you a petrol man (or woman) or a diesel man (or woman)?

Once being a bit of a boy-wankery-racer-twat, I'd be going for zesty petrol over sluggish diesel any day of the week. However these days, the diesel engines are so much more refined - efficient turbo's, far better fuel economy, far more torque per BHP, engines that never seem to die.... is there any reason to warrant a petrol engined car anymore??

Depends upon ROA I suppose. E.g. I find vaped petroleum very effective - but then again, so is diesel, plugged...

Since I mostly get about by buses, trains (and the lines here aren't electrified) and taxis, I guess that makes me a diesel gal. Stop sniggering. You knew what I meant .....

Petrol for high-rpm thrills, diesel for everything else. A big, torquey diesel engine is hard to beat under most circumstances.

I've had a diesel turbo once, and because I didn't check the oil level regularly enough, I ended up blowing up the engine. And the fuel consumption wasn't much better than the car I had previously, so it made me wonder what the point was.

I'm happy with my 2.0 litre VTEC petrol engine. Fuck diesel. ;)

Whichever hurts the environment less

-Streetcow

now dont you furrow that little, sickly vomit-green tinged, eco affected brow, you poor chinless wonder, you... i will dutifully do your bit to warm this dreary shithole of an island up to acceptable, civilised standards. i have a cupboard full of vintage aerosols for such special occasions, actually.. none of that cfc-free shite.. genuine, atmosphere-stripping quality only. i'll empty a couple cans out the window - just for you, buddy. no need to thank me or owt

I work with big Diesel engines.

So I'll stick with my 4l petrol truck thanks, and my petrol motorcycles are at least 100% lighter than a diesel engined bike with the same power so petrol again there.

In a few years when electric vehicles out perform petrol in pure speed, cost and reliability I'll be all over those too.

Had of all things a Ford Focus that was a diesel turbo. MAN, That bitch would give you whip lash when you really pushed her! Was an amazing car and great for fuel consumption. At the same time I also had my petrol BMW which in comparison was slow and sluggish ( I'm the only one allowed to speak ill of the colonel !!! )

I can't say much about cars as I'm riding the rails of public transport these days. Gawd I miss driving.

BMW, pah. They make a big thing out of the fact that all their cars are arse-end drive, as though that was a virtue or something.

You know what else is propelled from behind? Supermarket trolleys .....

I'm all with the global warming, especially up here in this dull island.

But I will need to breathe the air & diesel particulates are already causing concern for asthmatics & those with respiratory health issues.

Pollution apparently kills the average Londoner about 6 years early. Diesel needs to be banned from city centres. One day people will realise that it doesn't matter how cheap their fuel or car is if they can't breathe.

BMW, pah. They make a big thing out of the fact that all their cars are arse-end drive, as though that was a virtue or something.

Cannot agree more. If you've ever seen me trying to drive on ice in the colonel you'd laugh yer tits aff! Trust me, was no laughing matter. Twas quite the bitch to keep in check in cold weather.

Yer talking a girl from Texas not that used to ice driving a rear wheel drive motor in winter. Yeah, that ain't happening!

Not sure if serious....

I'm no BMW fanboy (I hated my 335i), but RWD is clearly unbeatable when it comes to pure driving fun. Accelerate hard coming out of a corner, let the rear end slide out and tell me you're not grinning like a small child!

490bc9438ff23913af095d58162ffed1.jpg

No contest.

If you don't like rear wheel drive, you're a fucking pussy. :p

Both RWD and both run on petrol and both on their third change of rear tires this year:D:!

This photo just reminded me some tit broke my Rhs blinker:(

Had of all things a Ford Focus that was a diesel turbo. MAN, That bitch would give you whip lash when you really pushed her! Was an amazing car and great for fuel consumption. At the same time I also had my petrol BMW which in comparison was slow and sluggish ( I'm the only one allowed to speak ill of the colonel !!! )

Not sure if serious....

I'm no BMW fanboy (I hated my 335i), but RWD is clearly unbeatable when it comes to pure driving fun.

That's your problem, petrol.

Was looking/dreaming at a nice 4 door Beemer the other day. These are the stats ripped from auto trader

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...rch-target=usedcars&price-from=4500&logcode=p
RUNNING COSTS
Urban mpg
47.1 mpg
CO2 emissions
128 g/km

Extra Urban mpg
68.9 mpg
Annual Tax
£110
Average mpg
58.9 mpg
PERFORMANCE

Engine power
177 bhp
Engine size
1995 cc
Acceleration (0-60mph)
7.9 seconds
Top speed
143 mph
Wheel drive
Rear Wheel Drive

[td][/td]
[/tr]

That's right, the stonking 177BHP engine does 0-80 in under 8 seconds, hurts the environment a little also at 128 g/km c02 emissions, AND YET YIELDS NEARLY 70 MPG!!! Who wouldn't want one??

Beem me up, Scotty

Raas that is one sexy beast!

SHUDDUP Felix, I can't help it if I'm shite on ice with a rwd! I agree RWD is the way to go but I'd much prefer 4wd on ice. Ideally I'd prefer anything with independent suspension when driving in icy conditions. :p

That's your problem, petrol.

Was looking/dreaming at a nice 4 door Beemer the other day. These are the stats ripped from auto trader

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...rch-target=usedcars&price-from=4500&logcode=p
RUNNING COSTS
Urban mpg
47.1 mpg
CO2 emissions
128 g/km

Extra Urban mpg
68.9 mpg
Annual Tax
£110
Average mpg
58.9 mpg
PERFORMANCE

Engine power
177 bhp
Engine size
1995 cc
Acceleration (0-60mph)
7.9 seconds
Top speed
143 mph
Wheel drive
Rear Wheel Drive

[td][/td]
[/tr]

That's right, the stonking 177BHP engine does 0-80 in under 8 seconds, hurts the environment a little also at 128 g/km c02 emissions, AND YET YIELDS NEARLY 70 MPG!!! Who wouldn't want one??

Beem me up, Scotty

And for $150 or so you can chip it, and it will give easily 210bhp+ with no nasty side effects.