• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Peruvian Torch Powder

For my first time with powdered Peruvian Torch, I went with 25g, and that was a moderate trip. Given potential differences in strength, it would probably be best to take 25-30g of any new batch, and figure out subsequent dosages from there.

As for preparation methods, I stirred the powder into 20 ounces or so of orange juice (add the powder first, then pour the juice into it to prevent it from clumping up). The texture wasn't too bad at that level, and the taste was far less awful than I'd expected. You can use orange juice or lemonade (or a similarly acidic beverage) as a chaser in between sips of cactus; the acidity kills most of the aftertaste (as the alkaloids themselves are responsible for most of the bitterness).

I did a small IPA extraction. I have about 1.5pints of green IPA sitting outside, how long do you think it will take to evaporate?

Probably quite a while. Pour it into a large glass baking dish so that it has greater surface area. Point a fan on it if possible. If its warm outside where you live (as in summer temps), you could set the container in some boiling water. Make sure the container can handle a sudden temperature swing (borosilicate glass - pyrex bakeware, etc).

Haha. I was passed out this morning and it started to rain, so my extraction was ruined.

I'll just have to do an A/B. :( Where could I find Xylene? What is it used for?

Pretty much any hardware or painting supplies store. Its used as a paint thinner and for bonding plexiglass/lucite, stripping stuff, etc.

Evaporate 100mL or so and make sure it doesn't leave residue. You don't want to be eating whatever the fuck chemicals people might have added to it.

Xylene isn't the fastest evaporating stuff out there, and it smells awful.

Pay more attention to what you are doing when dealing with hardcore psychedelic drugs and toxic chemicals.

This is a bit OT. Feel free to delete... felt something should be said about solvent additives before someone ate them though.

Thanks, fizzacyst.

I'll go check for Xylene products at the hardware store tommorrow. If for some reason they don't have it, are there any alternatives I could get?

Also, if I am substituting KOH for NaOH, should I use the same amount?

I've consumed a few hundred grams of peruvian torch powder all together. Personally, I don't really mind the taste or texture when mixing it in water. It's definitely an intense sensation to drink it in water, but it doesn't really bother me. If you're interested in doing this I'd suggest filling up a decent sized cup around half way with water, stirring in cactus, then sipping it as fast as posible while drinking black coffee. Me and my friends have all agreed that the taste of black coffee blends with the taste quite well, since both are afterall bitter tastes.

As to dosage, the powder I obtained, which was prepared in peru, was extremely potent compared to what some people have described of theirs. 20 g. of the stuff I had was fairly intense and visual, while 30g. was similar to 450 mics. of LSD i've done, only cleaner.

Another way I've done this is adding the desired dosage to a batch of apple cinnamon muffins. I've fit 30 g. into 6 muffins, while these are quite filling, the taste is not very strong, it blends preetty well with the cinnamon. The muffins i made were organic and were prepared as a vegan food (substituting apple sauce for eggs, soy milk for milk) in respect of the cactus, not to mention to lessen stomach tension. If someone is to do this, i would suggest eating the muffins petty fast, because the stomach expansion doesn't take long to catch up to you.

A final method I've used is to buy a bag of vegan carob chips, melt them down, add vegetale oil for moisture, let cool momentarily, add cactus powder, then freezing wrapped in foil. I used carob instead of normal chocolate primarily due to the fact that chocolate is a MonoAmine Oxidase Inhibitor, but also to aid bodily comfort by avoiding milk. MAOIs are said to be potentially dangerous in combination with mescaline, so I avoided it.

Hope this info proves helpful.
Treat this plant with respect,
It is a powerful teacher.

thoughtsUnThought said:
Another way I've done this is adding the desired dosage to a batch of apple cinnamon muffins. I've fit 30 g. into 6 muffins, while these are quite filling, the taste is not very strong, it blends preetty well with the cinnamon. The muffins i made were organic and were prepared as a vegan food (substituting apple sauce for eggs, soy milk for milk) in respect of the cactus, not to mention to lessen stomach tension. If someone is to do this, i would suggest eating the muffins petty fast, because the stomach expansion doesn't take long to catch up to you.

Hope this info proves helpful.
Treat this plant with respect,
It is a powerful teacher.

interesting ive heard that the heat of the oven could damage a lot of the mescaline, can anyone elaborate on this? also thoughtsUnThought would you mind messaging me the method you went about making these muffins

Can't say I've ever tried such a thing, but I do know it can take quite a beating, heat-wise, and remain intact.

I know that heat causes the potentecy to degrade, though from my experience it isn't very dramatic. Keep in mind that its not unheard of to smoke mescaline. Some native americans traditionally smoked peyote I've heard. Smoking powdered cactus provides a very interesting, and fairly psychedelic experience.

When I made the carob bars I allowed the skillet-melted chips to cool (intentionally to avoid heat-degradation) while stirring, then once it thickened up i added the cactus. The muffins were made using the directions on the box, then adding the cacus after the rest of the mix is prepred.

An interesting side note, when I ate the muffins: as soon as they came on I noticed a slightly different effect, having consumed the same powder a handful of times recently before that experience through drinking the slime-water. Once it came on some more and I had more time to ponder on this I figured that since the cactus had aged and undergone a dramatic event such as being baked. Then the spirit contained(?) within the cactus would have also aged and changed prior to symbiosis with a human. The effects of both cooked and non-cooked cactus powder are extremely profound and desirable in my opinion, but i found it interesting that the effect varied. The only expressable comparison i could offer is that the cooked cactus felt more aged, more ancient, almost more shroom-like. I don't mean visually more shroom-like, its just that mushroom entites seem ancient and powerful to me most of the time. While cactus entities seem very powerful and (probably) ancient, the mescaline experience for myself is typically not as centered on or expressive of this quality, compared to mushroom and cooked-mescal.

I'm interested in the muffin idea.

I'm think of using 45g, so that much in six muffins would be 7.5g per muffin. That cactus stuff tastes pretty vile, are you sure having a quarter ounce of it in a muffin won't taste terrible?

I'm pretty sure it's the cinnamon that covers the taste pretty good. Like I said, I dont mind the taste of the straight cactus myself (i'm a weird one), but my friends who were completely repulsed at the taste of pure cactus found the muffins quite bearable.

Another thing i forgot to mention, like a year ago I had some different cactus powder. I figured out that combining that cactus (i'm sure it would work with my newer stuff) with ground ginger root made the stomach tension greatly decrease. Might wanna try adding a little ginger to the muffins or carob. And of course cannabis will help in easing stomach tension and getting you into a good, relaxed, perceptive mindset to recieve the cactus' message (for me at least).

no problem bro. we've all gotta share our knowledge to create a collective pool of understanding, right?

let me know how it works for you.

I have always thought of the muffin idea. But instead of muffins i thought of making banana bread.
Let us know how it works. i just mght have to try that next time i eat cactus

That tek works quite well.

Once the foam is gone, you turn the heat down to a medium low. Still reducing, but you don't want a lot of heat.

You do it for a few hours. You don't know that you've gotten everything. You can take the pulp and go for another boil if you want. The second will take care of nearly everything if the first hadn't.