• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Perth - Think before you post - A LOT more

Right you are bill - that's why we need to make sure we concentrate on the facts and information, and leave out the when's, who's and how many's.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

In defence of the police...
It's not them who are fucked up.
Its the Law they uphold.
smile.gif

Still. Dont worry kids. The site wont close down. We just have to watch what we say. dats all. SIMPLE.

fluffybunny,
If you think the Law that prevents people from ruining their brains and makes an strong attempt at preventing putting a strain on tax payers and insurance companys wallats is wrong, then you perhaps you should start thinking about the widespread issues associated with heavey drug use, which results from the climb of the drug-use ladder.
[This message has been edited by dropped (edited 09 October 2001).]

^^^
Care to properly elaborate on your point? I dont see alot of justification behind you views...

ok mate!
Well fluffybunny says that the Law that the police uphold is fucked up. I argue that it is not, because it upholds Laws that are in the best interest of the survival of people in a growing society.
If we had laws that allowed us to take drugs at free will, then our society would degenerate. This would be as a result of a number of reasons; one being that our health system would be overloaded with people who have metal illnesses. The reason this law is in place at present is for the good of all, not simply so that police can confiscate drugs and destroy them or in some corrupt instances sell them back onto the street. If we allowed people to take drugs then the stability of our society would degenerate because drug users would not be able to afford their health care and people would become homeless and our economy would suffer.
Drug use comes hand in hand with crime. People that take drugs are, in the common case, are those people who will move on to use harder drugs or commit crimes to feed their habit. Whether this be by selling drugs or by other means, like breaking and entering houses... the consequence is much worse than at present as we unquestionably would have to be in a better scenario without widespread drug use.
Imagine what would happen if 5% more drug users were on the streets. More break-ins, this means insurance premiums would rise, along with interest rates and financial collapse.
Police are there to do the right thing. Some do the wrong thing, but that is simply human nature. The point is that the law is a lot less fucked up than how the world be without it - which, incidentally would be impossible.
Hope this helps buddy.
dropped

dropped
I think you're making alot of broad generalisations there buddy.
The overwhelming majority of the people on this board are considered drug users, even hard drug users since we take ecstasy. However, in complete contradiction to your drug user = criminal arguement, most of us are either studying at university or have graduated and have resposible jobs, and have no criminal record. I am an Analyst Programmer for a very large financial institution, and I choose to take drugs. I don't need to break into houses, or go bag snatching for my recreational drug use. I don't harm anyone but myself, I don't push the drugs on others and I am otherwise a normal law-abiding citizen.
The thing is, MOST drug users are normal people, they don't commit crimes for drugs, and there drug use is simply a recreational pass time. What I find fucked up is that I, as a responsible law-abiding adult can not choose to do this when I hurt no-one but myself. Instead I am considered a criminal and a deviant by the rest of society.
I'm not going to go into the arguement about heroin or other drugs, I am talking about ecstasy (as that is what this message board is about), and I think you'll find very, very few criminals are out there stealing or committing crimes for their next hit of ecstasy. Heroin, Cocaine, yes, most certainly, but not ecstasy.

Mr E. Moore
Yes I have to agree on the point that most ecstacy users are basically Law-abiding citizens who are harming no one, myself included.
The point that I was really trying to make, was not to say that we are all criminals, but rather that the Law that is in place is of great value. It protects the common person and works by trying to prevent criminals from wining the walk of life. To say that "the law is fucked" is a generalization, which is untrue.
But yes, I agree I also dislike the idea of being called a criminal through a written law that doesn't take into account my personal attributes and qualities that I offer towards society.
It does suck. But it ain't fucked.
I think i'm splitting hairs come to think of it?
-dropped

Your probably right, to say it's fucked is going too far.
The laws are in place for what the authorities beleive to be the best interests of the public. Unfortuanately I think most of us don't agree that they acheive this objective.
In my opinion, our best interests would be to stop the war on drug users, and pour that money into stopping high end drug dealing, especially in drugs which are causing the most harm to society (the finger should be pointed squarely at heroin, speed to a much smaller extent.), as well as giving people REAL, unbiased information, both the good and the bad.
But instead we have the ridiculous situation of busting drug users who talk about the drug on a website, which takes time & money and proves nothing. All it ends up acheiving is stopping the flow of information on drugs (besides the government propaganda which no-one listens to or beleives) because users are too paranoid to talk for fear of the cops knocking on their door.
What a sad situation, if this is how they are fighting the war on drugs then they haven't got a chance, they are just making things worse.

All I have to say is that I work in a place that has a lot to do with the law and at best the Law as we know it is a half assed hacked together bunch of rules that date back (in some cases) 200 years. Society has changed a great deal since then and new laws which should be passed, and old ones that should be rehashed don't get to see the light of day. Why?
Ok. The saga continues, and probably will for a long time hence.
The people who make the law, and use the law on a regular basis are the police.
The people within the police see society at its worst.
The people who run the police are OLD.
That's the key. They are from a generation or 2 ago and they have mindsets that go back to when you still had to use an icebox to keep your food cool. Thsi poses a problem. To get into the police force you need to subject yourself to the equivalent of an initiation. You have to sign documents and pass tests. Then you go through a long period of training. The TRUTHS about society etc. How it really is out there. What you will be up against. Crazy drug users doing crazy shit. All the rest of it. A period of training which completely generalises the term drugs and doesn't take into account the psychology of the the person when on said substance.
These new graduates, new and bewildered, go into the police with a new understanding of criminal activity, society and drugs etc. The old teaches the young a mindset, which gets taught to the next generation, and the generation after that.
After all this rambling I guess my point is that the Law ain't gonna change. While the police training says that drugs are bad Mkay, the police are going to do anything they possibly can to curb drugs and their use.
Nuff said,
Over and out
frown.gif

The thing is, as long as they bust people through bluelight and these people have large "dealer" quantitites on them, then it IS worth the polices while to investigate bluelight users. If they search lots of people and only find small personal amounts, then it would obviously not be worth it and the people complaining about it would be justified.
When I grow up I wanna be a poe-lees-mon aigght?
smile.gif

i see certain justification behind your comments dropped but i want to highlight the fact that i think its fair to say that only certain drugs are heavily or even remotely related to crime.
yes its all good for the police to be busting the big time drug dealers through this site, but from what ive observed, they're not really. they aren't getting any of the stereotypical large internation drug rings (note the rumour of the man in chinatown hiring ex-red army soldiers to run his drug cartel - dont quote me i dont know how much truth there is to it). instead they are most likely busting the trustworthy, friendly and aside from this issue law-abiding, people who don't 'deal' (once again in the stereotypical image of a 'Drug Dealer') but supply to friends and acquaintances pills and powder which is generally produced safely and correctly. these people are considered mates, and they aren't dirty money making scum, they provide for the growing community of people who use recreational drugs on the weekend to get away from the ever strenuous society and they're possibly mind numbing jobs.
explain the step forward involved if the police bust a person mentioned above, and therefore force others who relied on that person to venture into the hands of the man from chinatown who *is* running the stereotypical drug cartel, selling dirty and dangerous products in a hellbent money making scheme?
chances are there will be more injuries related to drug-use, more crime related to the deals, and more media propaganda.
i agree that some of these laws need to be put in place for the benefit of society as a whole. but they need to be redefined and people need to be properly educated. as i said before, the law-makers need to learn themselves about the drugs, and make a more specific decision on what is right or wrong, legal or illegal.
/vents steam.
it shits me!!
smile.gif

the fact that its taken many centuries for the world to realise that war is disastrous and has tremendous repercussions, leads me to believe there's no light in the near future for person drug use.

One thing I would like to know is *HOW* the cops can use bluelight to figure out where you live and then come and raid your house? I have heard this has happened to a few Bluelight regulars... moreover that the cops want to keep it quiet media-wise so that everyone else won't get too scared off from using this webpage and they can make more busts. From what I hear the cops can use some laws or arrangements with Telstra to track where posts are coming from? Could this be the case or is it just paranoia?

cops are/were the narc at school who told on you to the teachers if you did something naughty....ooooooooo
Ice cube "fuck tha police..for your freedom!"
------------------
"I said nice one Bruvva!"

RUMOUR CONTROL:
there is no evidence that the police used any information off bluelight to gain evidence against anyone.
certain people who are bluelighters had there houses raided. this does not mean that the evidence the police used to obtain warrants against them was collected on this board. most likely it is just concidence that these people were BLers.
if anyone has any proof otherwise i'll be happy to hear it, until then needless speculation isn't helping anyone.
and remember even tho posting details about yourself here is stupid, plenty of you do much more stupid things in real life (buying from/selling to strangers, talking loudly deals) that are far more likely to get you arrested.
------------------
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

i'm sorry but there is actually quite conclusive evidence to suggest that police are using bluelight to obtain warrants.
a.) computers at a federal police station were seen browsing this website (lots of them) (this is second hand evidence)
b.) according to the subday times "Police said the web talk might be used to get a warrent to do raids and searches at future events."
c.)the assistant police commissioner was quoted as saying "We will be looking at that information and if we can authenticate it, we will be actively targetting these events,"
d.) 4 thats right FOUR people i know who are in no way connected all had their houses searched within 32 hours of one another. all of them active bluelighters.
e.) all of them posted their full names on this site and details about quantity of sustances.
f.) there is no way the police could have obtained warrants to search any of these peoples houses. None of them have enemies one of them has a VERY select group of friends and their dealers (all different people) haven't been caught or questioned by police.
g.) the officer said they "weren't tipped of by a person as such" when questioned by one of these four people in custody.
h.) if you knew these people you would realise their is no other way the police could have known about this. their closest friends didn't even know about it.
i know you are just doing your job and i hate rumours as much as the next person but this is not a rumour. period.
if you can offer up a better explination of how these people were targeted without a "person" tipping them off please go ahead.
that's some coincidence!

ok fair enuf. but there's your answer:
e.) all of them posted their full names on this site and details about quantity of sustances.
want to know how to avoid trouble? dont do the above. sure the cops could (somehow) subpeona our dutch server company and get IP logs, and then get telstra to pressure your ISP to release your dialup logs... but why go to the trouble when you can give them your full name straight away?....
jesus...

to futher clarify this is a NON-ISSUE as long as your full name cannot be traced or obtained through this site.
-IP addressess are USELESS to cops. Especially with dialup connections to ISP's. and are hidden anyway!
-Don't put your name in your icq details.
-Don't put your icq address up.
-Don't put your full name up
-Don't put an email address up which has your full name in it or the reply string.
-If you are super paranoid make sure your computer doesn't have your full name in its details. (this would only be an issue if the police hacked into bluelight- i'd like to see that)
-Don't post anything to do with quantity of substances.
its really not that hard to do.

Well done cops. Good to see your doing your bit to make Perth a safer city. Fantastic job on busting bluelight users for small amounts of pills, they are the true scum of society, and need to be locked up for having such evil personal stashes. Also great to see you leaving the "true" dealers alone, since its harder to gain evidence on them. These big time drug dealers are great people, making heaps of cash from illicit dealings that can always fatten your wallets with their profits, if you turn a blind eye, and continue to bust bluelighters.
How bout the rapists, murderer's, and child molesters? I guess you got your priorities.