• AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Perth - Think before you post - A LOT more

*LuSH^PuPPY nods*
well said Cathy
biggrin.gif
couldn't have said it better myself...u just saved me posting my 2c worth
smile.gif

Dear Officer,
Do the previous posts in this thread sound like they come from some lower class drug fiend? I think not. We are normal people, we are your sons and your daughters, we are the people who fix your computers, the list goes on. I believe we are sensible drug users, and use the resources available to us from the Internet to learn about what we are putting into our bodies. Also many of us test our pills to make sure that we are not putting ourselves at risk, where else do you see that happen?
Please do both your organisation and yourselves a favour and attend a rave. If you haven't been to one, you cannot even come close to understanding the amount of love and compassion that exists in a community of ravers. And trust me, not all of us are 'on' something. Raving is and has for a long time been about the music, and about the people. At raves, we feel safe, and as mentioned before, if you bump into someone at a rave, they end up becoming a mate!
We are outsiders, us ravers. You may be able to sit in a pub on a Saturday night and listen to a cover band belt out Khe Sahn, meanwhile getting blind and coming on to the nearest male/female...but we can't. Please by all means clean up Australia, but don't target us. We work and study hard and look forward to these events for weeks at a time, don't take that away from us.
And whatever you do, don't take the hard-line approach that has victimised our raver brothers and sisters in the USA. All you do is push us further underground, and in turn, leave us open to many dangers (ie. No authorities such as Paramedics knowing our whereabouts.)
Please, work with us, not against us.
Moocho

I totally agree.
**here here**
HOWEVER,,,
MDMA: I too have wondered why BlueLight is still up. THe ONLY reason I could come up with was that it WAS being watched.
EVERYONE needs to take responsibility for what they write in here. And REALISE that not just people you WANT, but a LOT of OTHERS are also reading your posts.
ALthough at the moment the primary concern seems to be Police, realistically they are just the beginning of the list of 'unwanted viewers' of this page. Anyone who wasn't aware of this or hadn't thought of it needs to get more reality into their lives and pull their heads out of the sand. It would be like walking across a highway with your eyes closed. Posting threads on here and blindly thinking that ONLY RAVERS will read it is not only incredibly ignorant, but absolutely stoooooopid.
Similar to screaming something out at a football match and thinking that ONLY the players heard you...
THINK about what you are saying.
CONSIDER who is reading it.
CONTEMPLATE any consequences.
BE RESPONSIBLE for the message you put out there.
------------------
Peace All
Namaste

Does any organisation have the power to shut down or stop people accessing BL? I wouldn't think so... I hope.
Seems not to make sense to pass a law that ISP's have to block any site. Couldn't the site just be moved or some other work around?
Bluelight is not the only site that has information and message forums with reference to illegal substances. Who exactly is going to shut them down?
P.S I think Bluelight (the [dis]organisation) itself and not idividuals would have to break the law or something to get shut down.
[This message has been edited by shtonkalot (edited 08 October 2001).]

Here's a partial inventory of stuff I've got at home right now...
I've got 2 white Mitsubishi's -- which I keep in my garage. The red
Honda, well that belongs to a mate of mine.
And although I'm not much of a fan of grass, if you look you'll find
plenty of weed in my backyard. And if you need access to a pipe look in
the cupboard under the kitchen sink. Above the sink on the window sill
is where my cactus collection lives.
Staying in the kitchen, I have this big brown paper bag full of
mushrooms in the fridge, which incidently is where I rack my coke.
There's more coke in the pantry, and in the bottom of the pantry is
where I keep spare plastic bags.
In the bathroom, there's Opium -- my girlfriend keeps some spare behind
the mirror just in case she stays over and needs something before she
goes out.
And I've got paper, stamps and blotters -- in my desk somewhere, but
it's all a bit of a mess.
Finally, if you need something to get high, use the step-ladder in the
laundry.
Hope that helps.
BILL
--
I forgot the crack... it's a bit out of control in the spare bedroom.

~bill now that is just teasing those poor little ignorant fools.
Oh guys if you need some speed I've got a really fast car you may too borrow but I'm sure ~bills mitzi's would do the trick. Oh and its best to see you local travel agent regarding any trips.
------------------
Huh,...What,...Who,....Dude I can't here a fucken word your saying.

They will not block BLUELIGHT because
1: We are not breaking the law by talking about drugs.
2: I have seen sites a lot worse for society that can't and won't be banned
3: We help educate people (unlike SOME authorities)
4: Well.. we try to educate. Sometimes we get a bit silly.
I dunno. I could be wrong. But close this down, more will pop up! Instead of stamping out drugs accept it use and let people be educated. Not only in harm reduction but the law as well.... let them make a decision.
---------------------------------------------
Oh by the way people. Im importing 50kg of cocain, which should arrive next week. Who wants to buy some. You get bulk discounts too!
*waves to police*

beh...you can't block a website...and australian police can't shut it down, cos its not in australia. even if they somehow did bypass all rights of speech laws and get all isp's to agree to block it, there are 100's of web based anonymous browsers and such that would still make it accessible.
i love the internet
smile.gif

**waves to coppers**
oi...if anyone from afp in canberra is reading this, and you know my uncle, david thompson, can you say hi from me?!? he'll know who i am...thatd be cool...thanks dudes
wink.gif

Oops, i forgot to wave...
*waves to coppers with big smile on face*
And a big hi to Unkie Dave down at the AFP! Hey, maybe you guys remember me, i was the guy who delivered all your phonebooks to you this year driving a white Subaru ute! Oh, and i also stole one of your German Shepards, and i renamed him Inspector Rex and we go on missions together.
"Hey Rexie, let's get some weed! Come on boy, find the stash, that's a goooood doggie..."
------------------
Oh the pain, oh the humanity...

Maybe a little erevlavant but this was in Sanity magazine (October issue).
RAVES UNDER THREAT?
If you don't understand it, ban it! Thats America's approach. A new bill before congress, the Ecstasy prevention Act 2001 would offer millions of dollars in grants to those councils that ban raves in there area.

well, seeing this post i got paranoid and replaced my valid email addy with a random one.... dont do this
i didnt read the warning notices so now the passwords been changed and emailed to [email protected] hehehehe
smile.gif

anywho i guess this nick is close enough.

ROTFL a Da KaKtUs. man, that is the funniest shit i've read on this site all week. That and ~bill's insightful comments. keep it up, we need a bit of humour and levity around here.

cant help but laugh at kaktus
smile.gif

...this whole issue just adds fuel to my fire... there is so much hype about drugs that every issue relating to them is carried along by the stereotypical image of a 'drug user'
we people do no harm to society. in fact we benefit the growing level of drug use among people of all age groups and backgrounds by stimulating awareness and consideration.
i know people who have bought drugs and taken them with no idea what they are or where they came from... i learnt from this site and in turn i have ben able to pass this information on.
this site is about harm minimization and i know i have benefited greatly from the information available through this site, as im sure many other people have too.
this is something i wrote off the top of my head and planned to send to the sydney morning herald through email, but i never got around to it -
"Why can't the politicians and 'experts' wake up to themselves? Drug use is etched deep within the roots of society as a part of life. People take any drug - from alcohol to heroin - for enjoyment, escapism, curiosity, and relief of all kinds.
There is no answer to the 'drug problem'
There is no way to stop people using drugs.
The only step forward is education.
As a eighteen-year-old male from the inner west, I can safely say I have superior knowledge of all drugs than my parents, or than any teachers are willing to speak of. I have tried many different drugs and the government has never influenced any decisions I've made in regards to drug use. All government attempts at preventing or reducing drug use are a joke among youth, and the futility of these campaigns seem invisible to their eyes.
Before dismissing drugs as illegal and dangerous, and users as 'no-hopers' of society, maybe these 'experts' should look at what these drugs do and why people take them. They obviously have not done this as regular articles and quotes reflect their lack of knowledge on all fronts of drug related issues.
Accept that drugs are now a permanent part of life and work around this, not, as they so consistently do, against it."
what im saying is bluelight is a major positive in terms if information and education. shutting it down is a step backwards, not forwards.

Melancholic so true so true.I coudn't have said it better my self . Go and send it to them! thats A class gear
smile.gif
smile.gif

Fully dude, the least we can do is be educated users. Im sure noone on this board wants to hurt themselves...
ie. harm minimisation - the minimisation of harm to an individual.
Jeez, go lookin for the rat that broke into Chaos's house the other night. They're the real crims.
------------------
Oh my God, I'm so f***** right about now...

i really wish the law was used to make it (drug use) safe, not the opposite.
isnt that what the law exists for? that and justice i suppose.
the morning after i took my first pill (ive only had 3) i spent a few minutes looking at a bottleshop and a cafe next to each other... then walked down the street and passed by a pharmacist.
needless to say i found my new perspective interesting in a number of ways
smile.gif

Well it was bound to happen, there is a saying "all good things come to an end".
These bloody dawgs (cops) should be doing more important things like catching hardcore crims. But they see this sorta thing as an revenue increase. How many cops do ya think would just destroy all the drugs, thats bullshit. They seize em and then sell em on. Its a bullshit strategy but i know i would do it if i was a cop.
They try and be hard on drugs but they are fighting an uphill battle. Over 60% of young ppl (16-25) would have tried drugs. Its becoming more acceptiable among the younger generation.
The media write all this shit that makes us think drugs are the evil of society. The majority of ppl take drugs to highten their experience, much like alcohol. Except for a few who do take it to the extreme and drugs are the number one commitment in their lives. I have always lived by a rule "you dominate drugs dont let drugs dominate you" As soon as they do, u aint goin nowhere but downhill. The media propagander us by continuely bombarding us with reports of "feel sorry" drug cases about ppl turning away from a life of drugs, (these are ppl that have been addicted and getting high everyday).
So cops dont bust us for havin drugs, cos all we wanna do is feel good, like every human being. We have a right to do wot we want to do with our bodies. I know it affects others but as long as we have freedom of thought mind ur own fucking business and get high, u might just like it!

*Points finger* at media types that mis-quote and mis-represent what this site is about.
....BUT...
As far as the law is concerned - can you blame them for using this site for "information gathering"...
Now if you were a police officer and had access to information that would show you
(1) The geographic distribution of "known" pills
(2) Who likely users and dealers ( yes dealers do use this board) are.
(3) What frequency these people consume illegal substances (pill reports etc).
(4) What event they are likely to be at on any given weekend.
Would you not maybe check it out???
Yes this is a harm reduction site. And yes there are untold numbers of ppl that have recieved life saving information (on a subject that is rife with mis-information) from here.
But the law is only doing its job and from all indications they are realy only after the BIG FISH. If we all follow the guidlines for the site, it will be obvious that the majority of ppl are only small fish and most ppl should have nothing to worry about.
Just a reminder that the cops are just doing their job and in most cases they give our little pastime a fair bit of slack.
Banana_Man - Out
------------------
No part of this post may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means,electronic or mechanical, for any purpose (except for use on the bluelight web site), without the express written permision of banana_man.

What about genuine community concern?
You may not agree with them, but it seems realistic to me that this site would worry some people.
In these pages is all the information you need to find out about a party, to meet people who can sell you dr*gz... even how to maximize your dr*gz effects.
Now, I doubt it would or could be shut down, but the willingness of police, at least in Perth, to bust some people, will potentially change the nature of the conversation here... possibly even alleviating the source of the "community concern".
Maybe BL is not something the police can turn a blind-eye to?
BILL
--
This post is purely fictional. Any resemblance beween me and a lecherous old bastard is strenously denied... hey, lecherous maybe, but I'm not that old... I've even dyed my toupee a new deeper shade of blonde. And I haven't had a recovery at my place for ages... not since the trouble after Brunswick Street Festival last year... Free dr*gz? No way! I expect something in return for anything give.