Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Personality Test

What is your Meyers-Briggs Type?

• Total voters
morpher001 said:
ust looking now at the poll, I wouldn't mind seeing some stats from the website about what results it actually spits out. We got more than a third of people here reporting INTP or INTJ, when the actual number is meant to be <5%. Surely something isn't right here even given that this is a philosophy sub-forum.
People who spend a lot of time online and participate in online communities are considered much more likely to be introverts than the population at large, so that is some of the skew right there. I've also wondered if INTJs & INTPs aren't much more likely to be interested in personality typing, based largly on my irl observations.

I got INTP. Don't know if I would want to gamble on this result though as I am always subject to change and modification(personality included). Also a good friend and one of my professors in college told me online IQ tests are usually BS. This was no IQ test but it is similar to one. Although I must say it seemed a bit more legitament than a lot of others. I guess it is good for finding a ball park figure of personality but then again No one, and I mean no one's personality can be labeled or fully understood. In this life which is sooo arbitrary it is only possible to get a "close enough" on personality types. I am sure there are things that we couldn't possibly take into consideration when it comes to human beings and there individual essence.

My test result was INTJ. I was very surprised how well the test predicted my choice of career(I'm going to be a theoretical physicist). I remember that one of my friends in school took the same test some years ago and told how well it describes himself and me, but I wasn't interested enough to take the test back then.

I think it's weird that I keep getting the same result I've taken the test once in each of the past 3 years and I feel like a lot of different events and things have changed for me over that time. I feel like I definitely relate to people better now and I don't feel too shy to talk I just don't feel like not talking is a bad thing.

^ Personality tests reveal preferences in thinking and interacting styles. They don't reveal fixed patterns, and certainly are no crystal ball for what you'll do. It seems to me that the way one prefers to process and deal with the world is probably a much more stable thing over time than the way one actually does behave.

All of us are forced from time to time, by circumstances beyond our control, to adopt ways of dealing with the world that aren't quite the most comfortable and natural for us. And most of the time we do this, I reckon, we cope this way without even noticing enough to complain!

I'm a medical student working in a doctor's world every day. I was told the first week of medical school that medicine is a very INTJ-oriented world. I usually test INFP. Part of the challenge for me is to make my work world (to the best of my ability and influence) one that makes good use of what an INFP has to offer. But the other important part is to become practiced and comfortable thinking like an INTJ, so that I can relate to and collaborate with the majority of my colleagues. I'm to the point where I can do this. But I have to try, because it's not my default mode of meeting the world. I enjoy this challenge, though, because I see great value in being stretched beyond my comfort zone.

Modding a couple of forums on Bluelight (especially P&S) definitely got me more used stepping into an INTP's mode of thinking, too. Processing the world the way INTPs do will never be second nature to me. But they're hardly an alien species to me anymore. :)

That's cool that you think on those terms "making good use of what INFP has to offer."
I know that Architechs are supposedly right up my alley, but I think architects can be a general term for crafting the framework of a stable system of anykind. A physical structure being but one of many. I feel like I could definitely operate within the corporate world at my best if I was just allowed to be in my own office and brainstorm how I want to brainstorm and give them my advice and then I'd be on my way.
Or perhaps part of a creative team. I'm pretty good in groups, yet I keep getting introverted on the test.
And you're spot on about being stretched outside your comfort zones. I feel like that's how you gain interesting experiences, life lessons or at least something to serve as a tip for the future, and gain more perspective.
I try to go and do things that put a little tension in my stomach. Being in situations where you are the new guy, and I feel like I'm the "new guy" all the time these days, are charachter building episodes and chances for life to fill in those nieve gaps one may have in their personality.

Interesting that I got INFP. I can swear I took this test a year or two ago and got INTJ. But it could have been INFP. I just can't remember.

It is a fairly accurate assessment of my personality, compared to most tests that are available for free online, which have been way off.

I switched from Biochem to Psychology, with an interest in perhaps writing someday (after I read a lot more books to gain more styles and take some more psychology courses, or treat patients/research. Psychologists always make the best writers, no?).

It described my childhood pretty accurately and my current life. I was expecting it to be half bullshit but then, I was like, what the fuck.

My girlfriend got field marshal, which pissed her off a little bit. It was funny, but I would say it encapsulates her personality pretty well.

Anybody ever get results from their MMPI? I wish they had one of these online, but obviously very few people would be apt to share those results publicly. The MBTI pretty much states everything that is right with you, the way you tick, and your particular configuration, in a very positive light.

Your MMPI pretty much states everything that is fucked up about you.

The raw concentration of INTPs (and to a lesser extent INTJs) is astounding...but this is a philosophy subforum, and on the internet to boot. :p

ebola

Your Type is
INFJ
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
Strength of the preferences %
11 12 50 1

Hmm...

You are:

* slightly expressed introvert
* slightly expressed intuitive personality
* moderately expressed feeling personality
* slightly expressed judging personality

Deep.

EDIT: I'm not liking how it suggests I should be a counsellor or sumat like that - as much as I like to help people out, I wouldn't wanna make it my occupation - I wanna be a tattooist.

It is right about easily picking up languages though.

Last edited:
Your Type is
INFP
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
78 25 50 22

You are:

* very expressed introvert
* moderately expressed intuitive personality
* moderately expressed feeling personality
* slightly expressed perceiving personality

Took a test like this before, got very similar results.

i'm the most INTP guy you'll ever meet, besides maybe ebola ;)

Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
44 88 62 44

# moderately expressed introvert
# very expressed intuitive personality
# distinctively expressed thinking personality
# moderately expressed judging personality

Funny, I thought I was more extroverted than that. The test thinks I should be some kind of scientist, which kind of sucks since I'm majoring in a field that has little to do with science.

Time will determine the validity of this test and the generalizations about my personality type I suppose.

I'm ESTP the promoter.
Charming
Fun to be around
Bold and daring at heart blah blah blah

I'd say this is very accurate to the person i used to be. I found this personality test very difficult as i have changed so much in the last year. A lot of the questions were very , do you like company or being alone more, sort of thing , i used to crave company but now i am a very solitary person i guess my result is pretty inaccurate but only because i refuse to except who depression has made me, and as such wasn't as honest as i could of been in my answers.

INTJ
22 62 12 1
slightly expressed introvert
distinctively expressed intuitive personality
slightly expressed thinking personality
slightly expressed judging personality

Hmmm pretty short test to determine my personality, I felt there should have been more than 2 choices on many questions.

qwe said:
i'm the most INTP guy you'll ever meet, besides maybe ebola

lawl, yeah.

INTPs (observations from academic studies and the intp messageboard):

along with INTJs tend to be the least religious and have the highest proportion of agnostics and atheists among their type.

are rare in mixing well with their own type for relationship, sexual/romantic and otherwise.

appear to hold a bizarre affinity toward (E/I)NFPs, particularly insofar as ENFPs draw INTPs out of their shells. I hypothesize that this is because shared aptitude in extroverted intuition provides sufficient common ground in though, while the two types unique abilities make things exciting.

appear to take on right-libertarian or radical left politics at a very high rate (I hypothesize that attraction to coherent theoretical frameworks drives this trend).

their drug use very often falls into either strict conditions of remaining drug free or curious and wide experimentation with psychedelics.

music taste often veers toward the complex and dissonant, often the dark.

most common difficulties include the inability to finish projects once their central 'problem' is well understood, 'lack of ambition', and alienation from others stemming from their incomprehensibility (the latter extends to daily life too). The former 2 difficulties often leads to misguided jealousy of INTJs, but INTPs have trouble seeing past INTJs' facade of confidence (as on an internal level, INTJs are usually as wracked with doubt as INTPs, just directed differently).

ebola

appear to hold a bizarre affinity toward (E/I)NFPs, particularly insofar as ENFPs draw INTPs out of their shells. I hypothesize that this is because shared aptitude in extroverted intuition provides sufficient common ground in though, while the two types unique abilities make things exciting.

Yeah, I (INFP) find I somehow tend to attract a lot of INTPs. They seem to really enjoy talking to me, even when I don't agree with them.

This isn't always mutual, though. I do enjoy a rousing chat with a strong INTP from time to time, but it's like psychedelics -- there's a place and a time, and I have to be in the mood. It's not that they're not good people at heart -- nay, they're generally gold-hearted, in my experience. It's just that there are situations in life where I don't see much use in articulating a coldly logical perspective.