• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Perscription D-methamphetamine(Desoxyn)

^(@jamesBrown) No man...

Now look, you said it yourself right there that you don't really know what you're talking about, and then, in the same sentence, tell everyone they are wrong. Well, they aren't!

You do need to brush up on your chemistry, because racemic is referring to a 1:1 mixture of the two isomers of methamphetamine: the dextrorotatory and levorotatory isomers (AKA d- and l- OR dex- and levo-). Desoxyn is the d-isomer of methamphetamine, which is the one responsible for most of the good action of racemic (1:1 mixture) methamphetamine. They took out the l- isomer because it gave effects which were undesirable.

Jesus calm down...I wasnt trying to tell people they were wrong...I was simply telling you what that website said....and then put the source for everyone to look at.

Wasnt trying to cause problems....thanks for helping me understand better but I wish you had done it in a nicer way.

can you reallly blame me for looking at that legitimate website and seeng...

"Desoxyn(Methamphetamine Hydrochloride)....."

What was I supposed to think?

Desoxyn is the d-isomer of methamphetamine, which is the one responsible for most of the good action of racemic (1:1 mixture) methamphetamine. They took out the l- isomer because it gave effects which were undesirable.

See I always thought it was d-methamp, but the sites just say methamp which refers to racemic doesn't it? Not saying you're wrong at all, I'm just trying to figure out why they don't say it is d-methamp.

^I'm only trying to keep things calm. It seemed to me like you were being combative with people giving you correct information, and so I stepped in.

I'm glad you understood my explanation and believe me.

See I always thought it was d-methamp, but the sites just say methamp which refers to racemic doesn't it? Not saying you're wrong at all, I'm just trying to figure out why they don't say it is d-methamp.

They aren't being specific enough. You would think the manufacturer themselves would be more specific, but apparently they aren't...

Digging a little deeper into scholarly articles on the drug...

http://en.academic.ru/dic.nsf/enwiki/436337

Chirality

The active salt of Desoxyn is dextro-methamphetamine hydrochloride. This is the right-hand isomer of methamphetamine bonded to hydrochloride. The left-handed isomer of methamphetamine, levomethamphetamine, is less centrally acting and more peripherally acting; therefore no racemic mixture of dextro/levo-methamphetamine salts is in production.

I believe you, but I still dont completely understand......its probably because im exhausted...ive been on BL for hours today cuz I had nothin better to do and now my mind and fingers ache......

Its not that im an idiot...i just dont have the energy to learn new information right now.

Its times like these I wish I was still an opiate addict so I could do some heroin and chill out.

even pretty legit sites get their facts wrong, it happens. jamesbrown was just repeating what he heard on a seemingly reliable medical site.

but desoxyn is dextromethamphetamine, not racemic.

Kk, just making sure. But am I right that generally when you don't specify whether it is levo or dextro it is supposed to mean it is racemic or did I just incorrectly come to that conclusion somehow?

james, the reason is that it can't ever be just methamp, it will always be l-methamp or d-methamp or the combination, that is probably why you're confused. I don't know very much chemistry at all so maybe I'm wrong, but this is my understanding anyway.

Last edited:
even pretty legit sites get their facts wrong, it happens. jamesbrown was just repeating what he heard on a seemingly reliable medical site.

but desoxyn is dextromethamphetamine, not racemic.

I still dont get it though, because it wasnt just one legit site that said that...it was ALLLL of them. Atleast all the ones I read....and there was someone else here too that posted ANOTHER link to yet another legit website that said the same thing.

I dont understand...how do you explain that?

I assume it has something to do with the manufacture not being specific enough, I really don't know. But the point is that methamp can only be dextro or levo, there is no such thing as a methamp by itself, it's just not being specific enough about what it is.

I assume it has something to do with the manufacture not being specific enough, I really don't know.

Your probably right...but doesnt that sound kind of shady considering how hardcore the FDA is when regulating drugs/chemicals and what not.

^Look in scholarly papers talking about the drug; they ALL will say dex-methamphetamine. I linked to one on the bottom of the last page and even pulled out the relevant quote. Here it is again:
They aren't being specific enough. You would think the manufacturer themselves would be more specific, but apparently they aren't...

Digging a little deeper into scholarly articles on the drug...

http://en.academic.ru/dic.nsf/enwiki/436337
Chirality

The active salt of Desoxyn is dextro-methamphetamine hydrochloride. This is the right-hand isomer of methamphetamine bonded to hydrochloride. The left-handed isomer of methamphetamine, levomethamphetamine, is less centrally acting and more peripherally acting; therefore no racemic mixture of dextro/levo-methamphetamine salts is in production.

alright, so bottom line(after all the arguement over what desoxyn is made of 8) )...

desoxyn would be a good choice if adderall xr isn't working to well.

how long does one 5mg desoxyn last you? im going to my doc tomorow, im sick of 30mg addies triying to fall asleep before 4am with 4mg of xanax and 2mg of kpins for insomnia...and trying to wake up 8 hours later.

The manufactures website does state it's the dextro isomer.

http://www.lundbeckinc.com/USA/products/CNS/desoxyn/usa_des_pi_may_09.pdf

DESCRIPTION
DESOXYN® (methamphetamine hydrochloride tablets, USP), chemically known as
(S)-N,α-dimethylbenzeneethanamine hydrochloride, is a member of the amphetamine
group of sympathomimetic amines.

The "(S)" signifys the dextro enantiomer.

In any case the OP will have to try it out, some people prefer it others prefer standard dexedrine.

First of all I straight up asked for it. My doctor didn't even know what it was, he looked it up and was like "WTF? METHAMPHETAMINE?... Sure why not..." =D
I did say Desoxyn, not the chemical name though. Gotta act a little dumb XD

Now I'm trying to convince him for Ketamine Lozenges for depression. He said if the welbutrin doesn't work (which it wont ;])

Are you in the USA? I hadn't heard that ketamine was available by prescription for depression yet (just heard about the studies), so if it is... then I need to get on that train! As it is, I find low dose DXM to help my depression symptoms better than Wellbutrin or anything else I've tried.

From my knowledge Desoxyn is only perscribed if you have severe narcolepsy. I don't know your level of your ADD but I know you don't want to be on it forever. Thats why they only do it for people that fall asleep out of nowhere randomly. My G-ma's neighbor's daughter has sever Narcolepsy and they gave her Desoxyn. She hated it cause she couldn't sleep then they gave her seroquel and ativan all other shit...now she's quit the desoxyn and is on something else. I forgot, but it's a type of anti-seizure med that is having good results and she only takes adderall in the morning. Desoxyn is not made to be on for life.

Are you in the USA? I hadn't heard that ketamine was available by prescription for depression yet (just heard about the studies), so if it is... then I need to get on that train!.

Yes ketamine is prescribed for depression, I have received 3 ketamine infusions (in Texas) for depression and it helped enourmously. 80 mg IM 3 times with 3 days inbetween each session. Great high, I just laid on the couch in my doc's office and listened to some happy music. In fact, I spoke on the phone with a Dr. Nancy Sajben who lives in California who for a absurd $400 an hour and a 3 hour initial appointment will prescribe ketamine nasal sprays that you take about twice a day.

As it is, I find low dose DXM to help my depression symptoms better than Wellbutrin or anything else I've tried.
Do you have any articles that pertain to the use of DXM as an anti-depressant? How long does it take to work? Also, seeing as it's a CNS depressant, I'm curios as to how that would even help.

From my knowledge Desoxyn is only perscribed if you have severe narcolepsy. I don't know your level of your ADD but I know you don't want to be on it forever. Thats why they only do it for people that fall asleep out of nowhere randomly. My G-ma's neighbor's daughter has sever Narcolepsy and they gave her Desoxyn. She hated it cause she couldn't sleep then they gave her seroquel and ativan all other shit...now she's quit the desoxyn and is on something else. I forgot, but it's a type of anti-seizure med that is having good results and she only takes adderall in the morning. Desoxyn is not made to be on for life.
Actually Desoxyn is prescribed for Obesity and ADHD (http://www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-9124-Desoxyn+Oral.aspx?drugid=9124&drugname=Desoxyn+Oral#uses) under the tab 'Uses' on that page is says so. In fact for Narcolepsy your more likely to be prescribed GHB (Xyrem).

And honestly this Desoxyn is pretty crappy in the sense that it does not work nearly as well for me as ampethamine salts (Adderall). I even got the brand name to ensure that is was pure dextro-methamphetamine. I took 5mg and nothing really, could eat and sleep not really focused on it at all. Also, you could take desoxyn for life at a therapeutic dose (5mg - 25mg orally) and probably be fine. The negative propaganda about the recreational use of methaphetamine has soured it's perception as a useful medicine. People who use it recreationally are taking about 5 - 10 times a maximum therapeutic dose inhaled all at once (125 - 250 mg). Not only that, they don't sleep for 72 hours+ which after 72 hours of no sleep your bodies organs start taking a permanent hit to their health.

Honestly, a microdose of 15 micrograms of LSD everyday would be my prescription of choice.