• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Perscription D-methamphetamine(Desoxyn)

StaySedated

Bluelighter
does desoxyn(dextromethamphetamine) have any benefits over adderall, dexedrine, or vyvanse?

i have adhd, and i'm rx'ed adderall xr 30mg with 10mg adderall ir to be taken two hours after i take the xr because i get this annoying "mid-dose crash"(adderall doesn't last long for me, idk why but it's annoying). also, ritalin and concerta have not worked for me, and i've never tried vyvanse.

anyway, would desoxyn be a better choice than adderall? i'm not looking to get high off it, i just want a med that is more smooth and consistant(unlike the highs and lows effect off adderall xr).

is desoxyn commonly rx'ed? i've told my doc that the adderall sucks and he always wants to move the doses around and it never works out(my doc is kind of jackass).

what would a doc's reaction be to a patient asking for desoxyn? i don't want him to label it as drug seeking behavior and pull me off stimulant meds for good and give me something shitty that won't work like strattera.

does desoxyn(dextromethamphetamine) have any benefits over adderall, dexedrine, or vyvanse?

i have adhd, and i'm rx'ed adderall xr 30mg with 10mg adderall ir to be taken two hours after i take the xr because i get this annoying "mid-dose crash"(adderall doesn't last long for me, idk why but it's annoying). also, ritalin and concerta have not worked for me, and i've never tried vyvanse.

anyway, would desoxyn be a better choice than adderall? i'm not looking to get high off it, i just want a med that is more smooth and consistant(unlike the highs and lows effect off adderall xr).

is desoxyn commonly rx'ed? i've told my doc that the adderall sucks and he always wants to move the doses around and it never works out(my doc is kind of jackass).

what would a doc's reaction be to a patient asking for desoxyn? i don't want him to label it as drug seeking behavior and pull me off stimulant meds for good and give me something shitty that won't work like strattera.

It's basically turbo-charged adderall. It's not commonly prescribed to people. You might be able to pull it off, who knows. And don't straight up ask him for desoxyn, ease in to it if you're serious about doing this.

It's basically turbo-charged adderall. It's not commonly prescribed to people. You might be able to pull it off, who knows. And don't straight up ask him for desoxyn, ease in to it if you're serious about doing this.

define "turbo charged adderall"... is it any better?

also, how would i "ease into it"?

damn druggies, fucking up psychiatric medicine for the rest of us

First of all, you can easily look up the differences between those medications online without having to ask questions here(im only saying this because more than likely somebody will bitch at you for not doing this so it would be ideal if you did the research and then came to BL to ask any questions you still had)

Secondly, its extremely hard for someone to tell you how one drug would benefit you more in one way or another than another drug online. Everyone is different...and everyone reacts to different drugs differently....just like how adderall doesnt last very long for you, thats not a very common trait for that drug.

But yes, its true that Desoxyn could be seen as "turbo-charged" adderall because its basically speed....which has its benefits and its problems.

For one, it would work alot stronger, longer, and probably "smoother" in a way than adderall would.

But it probably is more toxic to your brain than the less potent amphetamines. It would also be much more addictive.

One thing I dont understand that you could possibly clear up is why do you call it dextromethamphetamine? because Desoxyn is methamphetamine....atleast according to the medical websites I have read.

http://www.lundbeckinc.com/USA/products/CNS/desoxyn/default.asp

see^^^^^

desoxyn is dextromethamphetamine, not racemic. i'm pretty sure of it...

did you not click the link I posted?...it clearly states that desoxyn is methamphetamine.....
also wikipedia says the same as well...not that wiki is a good source...but my first link is a good source.

define "turbo charged adderall"... is it any better?

also, how would i "ease into it"?

It's stronger. I don't have ADD/HD so I don't know criteria for good and bad meds.

No : "Can I get Desoxyn."

Yes: "This adderall hasn't been working so great. Is there anything better? My friend told me about......."

I dont know Voxide...that may work on some senile doctor if your a pretty girl asking or it might work with a shady doctor, but for the most part....in order to get a prescription for methamphetamine...it has to be the doctors idea completely.....

...now if your like super smooth and can talk in a way that it makes the doctor seem like it was his idea, than sure, it might work, but be careful, you may end up with no stimulants at all like you said StaySedated.

damn druggies, fucking up psychiatric medicine for the rest of us

Sounds like he is one of the few who could possibly legitimately use it. He even said he wasn't looking to get high on it so I think you are being quite obnoxious by saying something like that.

"damn druggies, fucking up psychiatric medicine for the rest of us"

Us druggies are in the same fucking boat as you. Whether you choose to use the illusions of ADD, ADHD, and all the other ones is up to you. Don't lie to yourself when you pop an adderall and it seriously helps you focus. Just because a drug can blow away the things that prevent you from focusing (or give you the discipline to do so) doesn't give you the right to take it away from us.

"damn druggies, fucking up psychiatric medicine for the rest of us"

Us druggies are in the same fucking boat as you. Whether you choose to use the illusions of ADD, ADHD, and all the other ones is up to you. Don't lie to yourself when you pop an adderall and it seriously helps you focus. Just because a drug can blow away the things that prevent you from focusing (or give you the discipline to do so) doesn't give you the right to take it away from us.

yeah for real. this right here should be carved into stone.

I'm prescribed Desoxyn. I was prescribed Adderall 20mg for about 8 months, then I was on Vyvanse 70mg for about 4 months, moved onto Focalin (sucks badly) and then I got Adderall XR 30mg's for about 2 months.

About 6-7 months ago, I got prescribed Desoxyn. I actually asked my doc straight up for it, he said he had never heard of it and said he would let me try it since I tried just about everything else... It certainly has an amphetamine feel to it, but it's very, very chill. It does cause a euphoria, but it's way different then Adderall or Vyvanse. I think it's mainly cause of the added Serotonin activity. The best thing about Desoxyn is that it has 0 comedown, and is the easiest to get to sleep on, I can actually get to sleep without smoking weed or taking any supplements/narcotics...

I do have ADHD, but when I first tried adderall I loved the feeling so much I pretty much just used it recreationaly, but I also used it for the legitimate reasons to. I only took my meds 2 times a weak to fight tolerance and never had to go over prescribed dose to achieve a good euphoria...

I don't take Desoxyn or any other amps right now mainly because of Anxiety so I haven't taken any for about 3 months.

Overall Desoxyn is very clean and euphoric while having zero comedown, but Adderall does beat it in one area, MOTIVATION. For some reason adderall made me hyper motivated to do things out of my interest..

Don't mind the grammatical errors it's really late and I'm kind of tired...

the less motivated could be due to the fact that desoxyn is pure d-meth and i heard the levo isomers raise NA levels more which could result more motivation.

i heard desoxyn only comes in one dosage, so maybe it is more of a "temporary" adhd treatment untill another, safer option that works is found, like how barbs are still sometimes given for severe benzo resistant insomnia untill something else is found.

thats cool that there is less of a comedown, adderall makes me feel pretty shitty afterwards even at theraputic doses.

D-MethAmp seems to well regarded in pretty much of all of the experience reports I have heard. It would make sense, as it is a superior amphetamine to something like Adderall (mixed Amp/ d-Amp salts). Some people will surely prefer other ADD medicines to Desoxyn, but I think due to the increased action of the drug with the methyl group, most people will feel the difference and probably choose Desoxyn over at least Adderall, and probably over Dexedrine as well...

This same logic says that someone would choose oxycodone over hydrocodone because it is superior and thus likely preferable to most (which, in practice, seems to be true), if this helps explain the idea at which I am trying to get.

I always thought Desoxyn was d-methamp, but it sounds like it's racemic from what people say, if it just says methamp it would mean it is racemic right?

I dont understand what all you people mean by "racemic"....and I also dont get why you keep calling Desoxyn dextromethamphetamine.....because according to this legitimate website...

http://www.lundbeckinc.com/USA/produ...yn/default.asp

....its pure methamphetamine.....no "dextro"....and I still dont know what you mean by racemic...I guess I need to brush up on my chemistry..

...either way...its meth....not dextrometh.....like people keep saying.

crap ^^that link isnt working...but its the same link that I posted in post #5 and that link works...so go to post #5 and click the link and it will show you that it is pure meth....not dextro

Personally, I wouldn't want to take meth every day...

I'd say try out Vyvanse first, it's a different extended release format that might work better for you.

And keep up your water intake that's a fairly high dose of adderall...the reason you might be feeling so shitty is cause you're dehydrated.