• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Permanent effects from drugs you've taken..

Does anyone think these effects will go away when your body has been clean from drugs for an extended period of time?...Anyone else with permanent effects please post...

Ok...about this lightheaded feeling..I ussually get it on second-third day after i roll. It ussually goes away after 4 days. But it kind of warryes me. I would lay in my bed, trying to fall aslip and everything around starts spinning, I loose control of place and time, i feel like some crazy wind picks me up and takes me somewhere really far..And i fly..It ussually lasts for 2-3 minutes, and the worst-it becomes so real.
Crazy shit, you know..

i've done E like 17 times in the past year. i had one panic attack and went to the hospital for it. i have the speech problem, which IS definitely annoying. i can internalize exactly what i want to say, and sound really intelligent in my head, but then i can't say it worth a shit out loud. i was never really very good at speaking anyway, now i downright suck. but then again, i know people who have never done drugs and talk worse than me. i guess the talking thing is the worst, i don't really get depressed very often. nevertheless, i'm through with E. it was really fun while it lasted, though. i think the hardest drug i'm ever going to do now is mushrooms...luckily, i don't like them all that much, so i'll keep it to like twice a year. it's just too bad we can't have seratonin surging through our brains naturally, instead of having to take a drug. i don't know about you all, but i would be happy rolling 24-7!
------------------
:)**LIFE'S SHORT, CLENCH HARD!!**:)

Well, I seem to read words incorrectly a lot of the time, which I'm sure I never used to do. It's been long time since I started rolling though (and I more or less stopped over a year ago) so it's possible I was always like that and just didn't notice.
Verbally? No problems there...although I've known people who smoked a lot and lost huge chunks of their volcabulary. If you get worried about side-effects the best move is to take a break and see how you feel.

WEll i have noticed some very strange effects. The past year has been filled with awful things such as divorce of my parents, and other personal things. I did E a LOT and started doing it for the wrong reasons. I started to do it to get away from bad things in my life, and to have a night of carefee happiness, and companionship. These reasons were not true in reality so after i would do it, then i would get depressed. The E-tarded feeling of moodyness never went away.
I also noticed I can't concentrate on things for a long period of time, and often read things wrong. I was reading my insurance policy to the police officer today (i had an accident....my first on
frown.gif
and i read all the numbers mixed up. I also find it hard to think of words i want to use.
In conclusion i have stopped E for a while till i get a hold of the situation. I want to do it for the right reasons and the right situations. I am a month clean of any drugs and am feeling so much better about myself. I am happier, and things don't get me down as easily.
EeyoreEs rule
Stephanie

From E: My mind is not as sharp. Finding words even names is sometimes more difficult.
Coke: Fucked up nose.
Pot: A little foggy in the brain, but it seems minor compared to E.

This is a really good topic.
hey, anyone writing a paper- here's your data.

i have almost no short term memory, no perception of time,thoughts get 'befuddled' quite often and i have really bad permatrails that keep getting worse and worse. like when i see a bug or something fly by me it's just a long streak, or when driving at night its just a bunch of lines of light. ive had a few flashbacks, not like the ones you hear about, but just spontaneously having a body trip that lasts for a few min.s or seeing things out of the corner of your eye that aren't really there. i seem to have a much clearer sense of self since i started rolling
smile.gif
. i try not to think of aftereffects because it really ruins your time when you go out. and its kinda scary to think about how all of these chemicals effect you when you are commin down or on one of those nights when you can't fall asleep.
-crass-

I think I have permanent munchies from smoking so much weed. I mean, I crave this stuff called "food" a LOT. Usually in like three different intervals per day.
Weird.

OK, concerning my drug past: Smoked more weed than i can remember, Eaten more rolls than i can remember, done K once, done speed a couple of times, done DXM (unintentionally) three times, and an occasion alchohol user. That's it. Any problems i've had most likely stem from the E.
When i first started rolling, i ate pills four weekends in a row (once was DXM). Then stopped for three weeks. On that third week I got a headache that lasted for 8 weeks. It sucked. Doc's couldn't figure it out. About 4 weeks into the headache I ate another roll at a rave (i just had to go, it was the party of the year). That pills was very weak and i never really got off. 4 weeks later, my headache was subdued but still there. Went to another party (it was New Years) and ate about five pills and had a great time. On comedown I still had the headache, plus jaw ache and body aches from the dancing. A friend gave me a valium which i took to help me sleep. I woke up the next day and NO HEADACHE!! Today, I still need a V about every two or three days to keep the headache away. I don't think that the E causes the headache, but i do think that the E makes me a nervous wreck so i need the V to calm me down. This especially happens when i take allergy medicine containing pseudoephedrine, which i have to take at least twice a week. During the whole course of the headache, i was taking this medince daily but never had any problems before i started using E. Last words, "Psuedoephedrine+E=nervous wreck"

my life is definitely better. Perhaps those of you with these conditions could let us in on how much you do and how long you've been doing them.....
Peace

Thank god someone posted this topic, I was beginning to feel a little stupid for a while. Someone mentioned earlier that they just don't give a fuck anymore. That pretty much sums up my whole mentality of things now and there's definetely a cloudy wall in between my sense of thought and the real world, not too thick but enough to make me feel like "duh" since i started using. Funny, I used to spend all my money on books about my two fave topics (film and weightlifting) but now I couldn't tell you one page of info from any of them. But i'm not sad or regretful about this at all. I sometimes miss the sharp witted conversations my friends and i used to share, but a whole new world has been opened up to me and i enjoy playing in it. If this post-X depression is the result of anything it's that X simply allowed me to realize how numb and petty my life was before drugs. The non-users always ask me "don't you think your wasting all your money for nothing?" Not really, the way I see it when i'm laying on my death bed, nothings gonna mean shit except that i had fun with this wierd, short and unexplainable existence and that's what I'm buying is fun, you can't put a price on fun. If X cheapens the thrills of normal everyday life it does so by pointing out the painful truth, that it was pretty dull in the first place. So what else should I spend my money on? A bunch of shit that i just sit on my shelf and not let anyone touch. I enjoy life more than any of the non-users, and I can't tell you how many interesting characters i've met since this life of drugs started off with a bang not too long ago. So thanks drugs,for showing me the true light even if it's through the perception of my now mushy brain. And thanks to everyone else for listening to me ramble on, that was just something I needed to get out.

Your responses are all so interesting. Mine is like this ~ I have only been sober for three weeks now (and tonight I will kitty-flip again) so my "symtoms" might go away if I were to take a longer break. I am a jittery gurlie who is always playing with things. Especially if I am surrounded by non-using people I do not know. I am not depressed, but I have a shorter attention span and am more willing to say "fuck it" to going to work if I've been up all night. I am happy and always into meeting new people, I love to dance, but sometimes I cannot tell if people are real or if they are wax or just plain dead (I think this has to do with tripping a little too often). ummm...after times of unintentionally driving while rolling (pleaz don't flame here kidz, I now know it's NOT a good idea) I have a really hard time driving sober. I really don't ever have much of an appetite. Which makes me almost model thin, but I am also not as strong as I used to be (was a competetive swimmer and runner for the better part of seven years)
So yeah, there are effects and if you say you don't have any, you're lying. But is it worth it??? For now, yes. And so at a very awesome party tonight I will have a very awesome time.
One more thing...why the hell did I go to the kitchen??? (ah damn who's needs that short-term memory anyway) (snicker snicker)
MAD PLUR
Candy Girl E

as a medical student, i am very cautious of the adverse side effects associated with e. ive only done it 4 times however a total of 11 pills. I thought that i might contribute to the fact that e does have adverse side effects on serotonin releasing cells located in the dorsal raphe nucleus of the brain. there have been numerous controlled experiments measuring short term memory recall between e drug users, other recreational drug users who dont use e and non drug users. in each and every of the studies, e users reported a consistently lowered short term memory. recall was slower and sometimes null compared to test subjects. as for my self, after four weeks of continued use, i have found some short term memory loss especially when it comes to remembering telephone numbers and names of streets. i dont know if this is permanent however, i do know that neurons do not regenerate themselves and you are actually born with the most neurons you will ever have in life. life does seem a lot more fullfilled and i find myself only thinkng about raving. i can only suggest to all of you to load up on 5htp after raving to replenish your bodies depleted serotonin levels. 5 htp can be found at any general nutrition center and is the precursor for serotonin, converted by a hydroxylase. also load up on vit c in order to scavenge all the oxidants that may be produced by the MDMA. if anyone has anything to add to whether short term memory return with discontinued use, please post.. cause as of now, im scared since i have three more years of medical school and lots of patients to see in the future. being retarded would not be good.
eMD

Well..It seems this is quite a popular topic and lots of people do notice these permanent or semipermanent effects...I haven't rolled in 2 weeks and I'm going to attempt to take a break from rolling for awhile...Hopefully these effects will go away..

you guys keep blaming common effects of aging on drugs.. I find it humorous. The only permanant "damage" I have had from drugs is a positive view and personality of life. I wouldnt consider it bad in any way. Without drugs I would probably be some angry coffee kid snortin coke and discussing whats wrong with the world(no offense hardcore starbucks fans). PLUR
------------------
...fortified with vitamin funk

It is interesting to read some of the replies. Many people are saying they are experincing side effects and have thus decided to take a break from E. I myself took a 4 year break from E and raving and found that any ill effects i had perceived while rolling quickly repaired themselves after i stopped. My personal opinion is that the E COMBINED with the lack of sleep even for days after does more damage than just the E. Having stayed awake all nite thru uni way too many times, I found that i experiencd the same short term memory loss and foggy headedness. Once i have sleep, both after staying awake too long and raving the nite away i am right.
having returned to my beloved E after too many years away I have found no ill effects or problems with it. I have now found a renewed love of life and the motivation to achieve all my goals.
I only take E now and no other drugs whatsoever. I drop 2 - 2.5 tabs a nite and only party on average once a month.
As mentioned before moderation is the key.

A lot of the effects on perception and memory are psychological and temporary. And to put it in perspective, too much alcohol causes this too. I used to see negative effects on my cousin when she drank frequently. She had tremors, forgetfulness, etc. She also lost her months rent once because she didn't know what she was doing. She smokes cannabis now, and her drinking has gone down. She's a lot sharper. She has admitted this to me.
And any loss of sharpness from binging with E is temporary. I know this because it's true for at least one person...me.