• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Pentazocine

pentazocine IV's are extremely enjoyable for me, i compare them to morphine but with a small touch of salvia and methylphenidate.

only went up to 75 mg of it IV though... it also lasts less than morphine.

I am relatively new to Bluelight, and I hope what I say is not interpreted as giving out advice, as I am not a M.D. etc.

Pentazocine, I have a long history with. It is a controversial pain reliever. Especially in the USA. Since 1983, in the USA
Talwin only is manufactured with Naloxone, the only country to my knowledge in the world with pentazocine tablets
(usually 50mg of Pentazocine with Naloxone) to curb abuse, (I know the reason but will refrain from going on with that
discussion) With that being said, Pentazocine tablets, introduced in the 1960's, worldwide, is rapidly being withdrawn
worldwide, for various reasons, including recreational abuse. I have seen it legally available in 21 countries in the modern
industrialized world, to only, about 8 countries, between 1999 and 2009, in its tablet form. It is also available in liquid
ampules, (vials) for IV or IM use, in a wider selection of countries.

In my case, adding any benzodiazepine to pentazocine hydrochloride, only made my addiction harder to eventually
withdraw from.

Sanofi Aventis/Sanofi Syntholabo still markets the drug in its pure form as Fortal, Fortral, Sosegon. Talwin tablets in Canada, and a few countries in the E.U/non-EU, and Krka Pharmaceuticals, (Fortral) tablets, most often in 50mg tablets, but sometimes in 25 mg tablets, as Sosegon. (example Spain)
Pentazocine, is in a tighter controlled substance schedule in the EU, than in the USA.

I became addicted to the tablets quickly, along with Roche Valium, and abstained for 25 years off of it. I became
re-addicted to Pentazocine tablets, in their pure form, for 3 years, 2008 until 2011. Why? I got euphoric on the med,
and, it also caused me to be grandiose, and cocky, that, caused me a loss of social friends.

The USA version, with Naloxone, made me very ill, because I switched from Codeine to Naloxone without a washout
period of at least 7 to 10 days.

My diagnosis of ADHD, and Anxiety Disorder Not Otherwise Specified, and OCD, caused me to exhibit behavior, that
appeared to professional colleagues that I was having a "Hypomanic episode" (when I was getting a buzz from that
medication). I only quit in 2011, honestly, due to the lack of availability, from my EU supplier. It has been banned in
Japan (due to recreational abuse) and Sanofi has withdrawn the medication, especially in the tablet form, rapidly in the
past 5 years, including the country of their world headquarters, France.

Last edited:
Eta, it sounds like you are seriously trying to self medicate as soon as possible with as much as possible. As this is a HR forum I'm going to just be real and tell you that you should probably tell someone about these thoughts of harming people ASAP. Self-medicating with an unknown substance is super dangerous, just cause it's a downer doesn't mean it's going to calm your thoughts. I've been in your shoes thinking I could calm myself down with opiates and benzos and my mind would be at ease, turns out self-medicating made things 1000x worse, especially if you're prone to being delusional. Don't take it. Get help, real, medical help.

Dosage conversion

What is the dosage conversion to morphine approx? pentazocine is not an option in any opioid conversion charts I've seen.

What would 25mg tablet of P be equal to in Morph or Oxy? Not really looking to get messed up but use the stuff in the case that nothing else is availble for pain relief.

I've had intrusive thoughts before, similar to those you've described as a side effect of overdone psychotropic "therapy" and an incompetent psychiatrist. Let them know about these if you trust them, if not, find another physician and do the same. So far as the pentazocine goes, i've only binged on it once, and it made me nod like a motherfucker. 100+mg oral was the dose for about 14 days. Never hallucinated, but deffiinently got laid the fuck out. Might want to hold off on them until your mood and mind reach a more stable place.

@thefirstrule posted 19 March 14 :My references are a quote from the Physicians Desk Reference 34th edition when Winthrop, the patent holder to USA Talwin, when it was manufactured in its pure form, (1980) page 1856, Talwin 50mg brand of Pentazocine hydrochloride tablets, is a potent analgesic which when administered
orally, in a 50mg. dose appears equivalent to 60 mg of codeine. Onset of significant analgesia usually occurs between 15 and 30 minutes after oral administration,
and duration of action, is usually 3 hours, or longer. unquote. Next is a quote from the liquid version, that I also have personally experienced by IV administration,
when I was 29 to age 32 years old, and actually is more easily available in the here and now, than, 34 years ago, especially, in the Middle East, and all of Africa, and
parts of Asia. This is chemically known as Pentazocine Lactate Reference: PDR (USA) page 1855, quote "TALWIN is a potent analgesic and 30mg (liquid) is usually as effective an analgesic as morphine 10mg, or meperidine (USA Demerol) 75 to 100mg, however, a few
studies suggest the TALWIN to morphine range from 20 to 40 mg TALWIN to 10 mg of Morphine. The duration of analgesic may sometimes be less than that of Morphine". unquote.

Last edited:
I been taking buprenorphine for about 10 days now, pretty high dosages, yesterday I had 10-12mg, snorted about 6mg. My last dosage was little over 12 hours ago I believe. I have 1x 2mg buprenorphine (Subutex) pill left and 100x 25mg Pentazocine..

Im hanging for something! But im scared to either waste my Pentazocine or go into withdraws. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have Tramadol also.. I need to wait another 24 hours at least until I could take Pentazocine yes?

Should I consider my last 2mg buprenorphine or just wait it off for another 12-24 hours then try my Pentazocine and I have never tried it any anyways wanted too so I want to get the full effect. I have taken 100mg Tramadol already, if I might be taking Tramadol all day (Well dosing up 50mg every couple of hours until satisfied) But whats my best bet for Pentazocine? Im deferentially looking to get high off Pentazocine! So with 12mg buprenorphine 12 hours ago. How long should I leave it? It's only been about 10 days a week max on buprenorphine so does that effect anything?

I have taken Pentazocine Hydrochloride manufactured by KrKa Pharmaceuticals, of Slovenia in 50mg tabs from the years 2008 until 2012.
KrKa markets the pill form only in the 50mg traditional size. I have never experienced the side effects of having any hallucinations from
taking the oral tablets. I have also taken the lower mg tablets, marketed as Sosegon, by Winthrop, manufactured in the past, from such
countries, as Pakistan, in blister packs of 100 x 25 mg tablets, and, as a precaution, in 2010, had a complete GC/MS chemistry lab that is
registered with the USA FDA and DEA run tests, on the Sosegon, for any adultrants, and, the DDL Labs of Sacramento Calif USA, gave me
a report, of a ratio of 1 to 1 that the only active ingredient was Pentazocine HCI on a 1 to 1 ratio basis, via the website EcstasyData.com

I have experienced once of two occasions, of having hallucinations, that were positive experience's, from taking Pentazocine Lactate, by
IV (intravenous injection) in my arm, in a hospital setting, within 2 or 3 minutes of the agonist/antagonist liquid, placed in my body.

I have only taken Pentazocine, marketed, as TalwinPX (Canada) or as Fortral (Europe) with the authorization of a USA AMA certified
Urologist, for, Prostatitis, with Roche Valium (diazepam) taking 2 x 50mg of Krka manufactured Fortral, with up to 4 x 10mg of either
Krka manufactured Apaurin diazepam, or Roche Valium for a duration of about one year.

I have never taken Pentazocine with Bupe (Temgesic) or (Subutex) or (Suboxone) together in my life. I have taken USA TalwinNX,
pills, issued to me in a ER hospital, 50 x 50mg of pentazocine with Naloxone, "talwinnx" after I ran out of USA Tylenol #3, which is
APAP with 30mg of codeine tablets, and, I reacted with many negative side effects, thus, I run away from any USA made TalwinNX,
unless, I would have a washout period of no opiates in my body for at least 14 days.

@DK-maTTy

I have only taken Tramadol, once in my life, for about 30 days, when it was patented in the USA as "ULTRAM" daily. This was in the
1990's. I have never taken Pentazocine, with, or shortly after having Tramadol, in my body, and, I have a long history of taking
international Pentazocine, pure tablets, as Krka Fortral 50mg tabs take one every 4 to 6 hours, and as Winthrop "Sosegon" 25mg
tablets, either manufactured in Spain or Pakistan, in 25mg tablets, orally, or, as Sanofi TalwinPX, 50mg tablets, as made in Canada.

I realize your post is nearly one year old, so I doubt my comments will be of much help. I disliked Tramadol, due to tinnitius, a
ringing in my ears, as well as I can remember. Tramadol has risen to significant popularity, in the USA, only in the past 36 months.

It was introduced in the USA, as a safe substitue for Codeine in the middle 1990's, as a non scheduled drug, but that changed very
recently as Tramadol, is now a DEA scheduled C-IV drug in the USA.

With the big drop, of 1.1 billion fewer hydrocodone combination products, tablets dispensed since Vicodin and its generic versions became
a USA C-II, October 2013, the previous refills to Hydrocodone has caused a 73.7% decline of a decrease in Vicodin and its many
generic versions, and with the elimination of Darvocet and Darvon at the end of 2010, and the re-formulation of Oxy Contin that same
year (2010) millions of USA citizens have turned to the massive new popularity of Tramadol, formerly marketed as Ultram, in the USA.
Source: IMS Health National Prescription Audits Feb 3, 2016, and from National Assn of the Board of Pharmacy. www.nabp.net

I am relatively new to Bluelight, and I hope what I say is not interpreted as giving out advice, as I am not a M.D. etc.

Pentazocine, I have a long history with. It is a controversial pain reliever. Especially in the USA. Since 1983, in the USA
Talwin only is manufactured with Naloxone, the only country to my knowledge in the world with pentazocine tablets
(usually 50mg of Pentazocine with Naloxone) to curb abuse, (I know the reason but will refrain from going on with that
discussion) With that being said, Pentazocine tablets, introduced in the 1960's, worldwide, is rapidly being withdrawn
worldwide, for various reasons, including recreational abuse. I have seen it legally available in 21 countries in the modern
industrialized world, to only, about 8 countries, between 1999 and 2009, in its tablet form. It is also available in liquid
ampules, (vials) for IV or IM use, in a wider selection of countries.

In my case, adding any benzodiazepine to pentazocine hydrochloride, only made my addiction harder to eventually
withdraw from.

Sanofi Aventis/Sanofi Syntholabo still markets the drug in its pure form as Fortal, Fortral, Sosegon. Talwin tablets in Canada, and a few countries in the E.U/non-EU, and Krka Pharmaceuticals, (Fortral) tablets, most often in 50mg tablets, but sometimes in 25 mg tablets, as Sosegon. (example Spain)
Pentazocine, is in a tighter controlled substance schedule in the EU, than in the USA.

I became addicted to the tablets quickly, along with Roche Valium, and abstained for 25 years off of it. I became
re-addicted to Pentazocine tablets, in their pure form, for 3 years, 2008 until 2011. Why? I got euphoric on the med,
and, it also caused me to be grandiose, and cocky, that, caused me a loss of social friends.

The USA version, with Naloxone, made me very ill, because I switched from Codeine to Naloxone without a washout
period of at least 7 to 10 days.

My diagnosis of ADHD, and Anxiety Disorder Not Otherwise Specified, and OCD, caused me to exhibit behavior, that
appeared to professional colleagues that I was having a "Hypomanic episode" (when I was getting a buzz from that
medication). I only quit in 2011, honestly, due to the lack of availability, from my EU supplier. It has been banned in
Japan (due to recreational abuse) and Sanofi has withdrawn the medication, especially in the tablet form, rapidly in the
past 5 years, including the country of their world headquarters, France.
My understanding (as explained by a Dr) was that pentacozine was the most abused drug by Dr's during ER residency-- they use amphetamine to get through the typical 18-24 hr shift and a quick shot of talwin before clocking out to come down- the reason naloxone was added was because talwin was used so much by ER staff.
I never heard of it before I was prescribed for CNS injury in 93 and nobody I've ever met has either.

I presume the Naloxone makes it impossible to IV? Or is it just impossible to IV for people dependant on opioids??