• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Penis Envy vs. Golden Teacher

I assume you're lucky then? Or sometimes? :) Pretty nice..

Personally don't expect to be returning to Cubensis any time soon, if I pick up growing in fall or winter it will probably be edibles. Although maybe some psychedelic truffles, never tried growing those.. I wonder if there are leucistic ('albino') truffles hehe? never heard of them but I wonder if there's really pigmentation in sclerotia anyway for that to make sense..

I assume you're lucky then? Or sometimes? :) Pretty nice..

Personally don't expect to be returning to Cubensis any time soon, if I pick up growing in fall or winter it will probably be edibles. Although maybe some psychedelic truffles, never tried growing those.. I wonder if there are leucistic ('albino') truffles hehe? never heard of them but I wonder if there's really pigmentation in sclerotia anyway for that to make sense..
Not anymore, but now I'm off the opiates I may pick it up again.. I need some kind of spice in my life! :D

Cubes age the obvious choice to grow here for your average grower. It's real easy, and by boosting the mycelium with coco coir it's easy to grow a years stash for me and my mates in a couple of months. Libs or cyans, I wouldn't know where to start! :)

How does coco coir boost the mycelium exactly? What does it offer?

Yeah Cubensis is 'the' shroom everywhere, both to consume and to grow.. ;) I've had fun with it but the last time I had a crop I had far too little use for it. And now my dad doesn't really wanna cooperate anymore with psychoactives, and I got my martha and my better glovebox at his place..

How does coco coir boost the mycelium exactly? What does it offer?
What you do is set the spores on the substrate provided with a normal grow kit (good for ~250g mushies). You need to do this because that substrate is sterile, so won't contaminate the mycelium. Then, after a couple of weeks when the mycelium is good and established, you transfer it to a much bigger block of coir that's been soaked in boiled water. Because the mycelium is established, it'll fight off any possible infection from other mould that might be present in the coir. The boiling water helps sterilise it too. You then put the block back in the dark, and the mycelium continues to grow, much much bigger. After another few weeks, show it some light and watch it fruit. I got over 3 kilos fresh doing things that way the last time I grew. :)

If coco coir is mostly inert (the cellulose / lignin are I believe not suitable substrates), how do you actually boost anything with it, since as far as I know your yield depends on your mycelium exhausting the substrate you provide.

Best guess I'd venture is that this is basically "spawning to bulk" but instead of adding more substrate to colonize to actually boost returns, you don't - you just increase volume... upside to that is that during this phase your mycelium doesn't have to compete with other fungi or bacteria for extra substrate, because the coco coir is not that.

So in total yield I don't see how there is an actual boost..

One of the few times I had serious contaminations was with a grow kit, the only one I ever bought... so I prefer to just all do it myself I guess, it's more work but kits just cost too much for me.

If coco coir is mostly inert (the cellulose / lignin are I believe not suitable substrates), how do you actually boost anything with it, since as far as I know your yield depends on your mycelium exhausting the substrate you provide.

Best guess I'd venture is that this is basically "spawning to bulk" but instead of adding more substrate to colonize to actually boost returns, you don't - you just increase volume... upside to that is that during this phase your mycelium doesn't have to compete with other fungi or bacteria for extra substrate, because the coco coir is not that.
Coir is just the hair off coconuts, so it doesn't have much nutritional value I would imagine. But it's enough for the mycelium. Maybe you're right, it just offers the mycelium a chance to spread it's wings. I know nothing of the biology behind it. But it works a treat, whatever the reason. :)

Lol?... what makes no sense is you think genetic variations cant vary in potency.. biggest factor is your grow however much like apples their all apples but different ones vary phytonutrients and sugars quite a bit thats more uniform with others of its variation.