• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

PEA Used As A Non Traditional Antibiotic.

so whats the best way to get chocolate's PEA into the brain?
also i read phenylalanine is direct precursor to it. i have the pills 500mg each. it says humans usually can take up to 10 grams of this stuff. and if it is direct precursor to PEA, shouldnt it be doing something at least? maybe take it with chocolate and black pepper to inhibit enzyme breakdown. what do you guys think? whats the best thing to take to inhibit enzyme breakdown of PEA??

phenylalanine isn't a precursor to PEA, it's a precursor to dopamine (but not a direct one, it is subject to the rate limiting step - L-dopa is the direct precursor which is not subject to the rate limiting step, however even that is not like taking a dopamine releaser or reuptake inhibitor). Inhibiting phenylalanine breakdown won't do anything, as it is an amino acid that your body gradually uses to produce dopamine.

An MAOI will inhibit the breakdown of PEA, but it's potentially dangerous and shouldn't be done without paying close attention to dosage.

You're not gonna get enough PEA to get high from chocolate. If you get pure PEA powder, you can get high if you eat over a gram of it, but the high, though surprisingly pleasant, lasts 10 minutes and then it's over.

its not any different from tianeptine then. ill get high dose to feel the high for a bit then its over and i get epinephrine and anxiety rush which sucks. i assume PEA does something similar. overall not a bad idea to try it.

It's massively different from tianeptine since it isn't an opioid or even slightly related structurally nor does it affect any of the same systems. It also lasts longer, but tianeptine is pretty short acting so in that sense there is some manner of semi-similarity.

PEA feels like a brief rush of something sort of MDMA-like, then it's over as quick as it began.

where does one buy good quality PEA powder? it seems internet is saturated with crappy PEA supplements *sigh*

Xorkoth, what do you think of PEA being explored and exploited in some chemical way as to be readily widely more bioavailable to the body? i have not finished any of my chemistry classes in excellence so i cannot speak much regarding that, BUT im very curious fellow and have to wonder and ask such things like; isnt there probability to somehow tweak this one into something much better, in your opinion??

As a matter of fact, a WHOLE lot of drugs are derived from phenethylamine (PEA). About half of all the psychedelics are substituted phenethylamines, mescaline, the 2C-Xs, and all of the psychedelic amphetaimes. Amphetamine itself, and all amphetamines including meth, MDMA, are lots of other recreational drugs common and uncommon are phenethylamines. In fact amphetamine has just one modification made to the molecule; it is PEA with a methyl on the alpha position. That one little modification makes a world of difference.

hah! im not looking into making MDMA. I am more into looking how to use generic PEA in a way that has much better absorption and effect. I wonder how to achieve that. there must be some cheap hacks out there that probably most havent even considered yet!

I don't think there is nearly enough PEA in chocolate to do much. I usually take 5 or 10 double OO caps every hour or so.