• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

PEA Used As A Non Traditional Antibiotic.

Rectify

Bluelighter
2-phenyl-1-aminoethane.png

PEA.hcl
1-amino-2-phenylethane hydrochloride

I've been getting subjectively good results with this regimen at, I would say, around 4 grams per day. I plan to stick with it for at least two weeks. The PEA side chain of the beta lactam antibiotics has long been semisynthetically added to penicillanic acid in order to improve results. Of course, your mileage may vary, but my skin looks great.

Au contrare, mon frere:

From Wikipedia: "[PEA] acts as a potent antimicrobial against certain pathogenic strains of E. coli (e.g. the 0157H7 strain) at sufficient concentration."

Last edited:
Okay, I stand corrected, but that's one species and also not an in vivo use.
PEA is well documented to get rapidly destroyed... w: By oral route, phenethylamine's half-life is 5–10 minutes

I don't think your dermatological issues are e coli associated. And its quite a stretch to oral phenethylamine has clinically relevant antibiotic activity in humans.

Plus, high doses of phenethylamine make people turn red, I've experienced this myself.

Ok, this revises my point that we had false alarm with DCK & co. as being antibiotics. So then the usual side effects are not inherently coupled with (potent) antibiotic activity and we just having the bad luck of toxic agents out there being FDA approved (not that I'd be for stronger restrictions - the opposite. Approval is too restrictive and hinders development. Free for all, but with leaflet please.)? Skin rash for example seems to be related to structure, penicillin & derivates being notorious for, I also got it from this potent DRI-/antibiotic whose name I just forgot..

Guess selectivity is also a factor, if e.g. PEA doesn't hurt the microbia we need in our digestive tract, but only unwanted ones, would make a big change.

Another name for PEA, using Sasha Shulgin's jargon, is 2C-amphetamine.
I love this one. We'all having amphetamines in our body, naturally produced. So after DMT and morphine the third controlled substance. Customs, ban humans!

Another name for PEA, using Sasha Shulgin's jargon, is 2C-amphetamine.
PEA isn't an amphetamine, and even in Shulgin's terms, "2c-amphetamine" makes no sense, aren't you the guy who made all those silly compound naming threads?
I love this one. We'all having amphetamines in our body, naturally produced. So after DMT and morphine the third controlled substance. Customs, ban humans!
PEA isn't controlled, and there is no morphine (or amphetamines) in humans

PEA would not be called 2C-amphetamine, it is just called PEA. It is the root structure for all phenethylamine psychedelics and amphetamines (and others). The 2C-XXX nomenclature means that it is a substituted phenethylamine, 2,5-dimethoxy-4-XXX-phenethylamine. 2C-amphetamine would indicate that it was a phenethylamine with methoxies on the 2 and 5 positions, and a full amphetamine molecule attached to the 4 position. Not even sure it would be active. And it would certainly be a far cry from PEA itself. It's probably not even possible to make, but I don't know.

I, Personally, Take Boatloads Of PEA.hcl [1-amino-2-phenylethane hydrochloride] Daily & Nightly.

It Serves Me Rightly!
YMMV

I Had A Gram Of This, 2,5-di-MeO-Methcathinone:

1-(2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-1-oxo-2-methylaminopropane.png

One Time. It Was COMPLETELY Inactive. And Pricey.

1-(2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-2-aminoethane.png

This One, A Precursor To Many 2C-x's--Especially 2cb--Is Referred To As 2C-H Because It's #4 Phenyl Position Is Hydrogen, H.

1-phenyl-2-aminopropane.png

AMPHETAMINE
1-phenyl-2-aminopropane; alpha-methylphenylethylamine

1-phenyl-2-aminoethane.png

PEA
1-phenyl-2-aminoethane; phenylethylamine; 2C-AMP

Last edited:
PEA makes me sleep really well for some reason. I don't find it particularly stimulating, but my dopamine system is burned out from O'REILLIUM.

PEA
1-phenyl-2-aminoethane; phenylethylamine; 2C-AMP

No, it is not 2C-AMP, that is nonsense. 2C-AMP would be 2,5,dimethoxy-4-amphetamine-phenethylamine. Which doesn't even make sense as a molecule, I don't think it would even be possible to make or even make sense chemically.

PEA really adds to the MDMA experience, as it turns out.
Is PEA even active without a MAOI? As the body's own amphetamine of course PEA will add to a drug experience but afaik one needs to circumvent MAO to even get it active, it's a security measure of our body against food intoxication..

Yes it is but you have to take very high doses of 1+ grams, briefly overwhelming the MAO enzymes. And it only lasts like 15 minutes. But it can be quite a euphoric rush.

do you really need longer than 15 mins tho? anything long lasting will be destructive and very addictive. since PEA exists in cocoa, i wonder if it is bioavailable through just eating chocolate and inhibiting MAO through various hacks...