View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ [PD Social Tripping Thread] NEW! Gather here for swirly talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should definitely do a study using radioactively labeled 4-AcO-DMT (the isotope being on the Ac), and measuring if that Ac makes it into the brain and at what rate... wouldn't be that complicated.

That's a really good idea. How would you observe if the radioactive Ac has crossed the BBB or if it's just in the bloodstream?

The active by itself, rapidly metabolised to 4-ho-dmt (or 4-ho-whatever tryptamine) and the possibility of the ester having an effect on blood brain barrier penetration theory feels the best, but I have nothing that backs it up other than anecdotal evidence and my gut feeling. But it's not like this is a widely researched topic or anything. There is some indirect in the form of evidence from the effects of esters changing the effects of other drugs via the same mechanism (GBL, heroin, ....).
I think there are a shitton of ester pro-drugs and other non-pharmaceuticals that would allure to esterases - you never know if a ligand truly as alright affinity for them, but I guess you can speculate or expect.
Do you happen to have a pdf (or just the doi, I'll find the full text on my own)
Don't know - was in Stichting Open presentation.
>still kinda dealing with some stuff, but coming out of pregabalin taper better and going to some art lab on a weekly basis starting next week. I should keep an eye on my K use in the meanwhile...
If it's not too personal, how much were you on and for how long? Did it help with whatever it was given for? How hard was it to come off/how long did it take? Feel free not to answer if it's too personal.

Went from 150 mg a day to about 300 mg a day over 2 years of prescription. It did help quite a bit, just made it much much smoother to transition from thoughts / feelings / tasks in life. Without that smoothness it is easy for me to get stuck in a mode, which makes it harder to shift frequently during the day. I tapered with blessing of my shrink as long as I first leveled out on my dexamph but basically did the taper entirely using my own judgment. I used at least a month to do it. Some shrinks apparently just let you taper during just a week even from higher doses, but I had a difficult enough time at my tempo. Weird thing is that I didn't get craving to take more - quite the opposite: I regularly forget to take it and I find it hard to directly associate me doing terribly with the taper. But this taper did coincide with a pretty damn rough time full of anxiety and depression.
That's a really good idea. How would you observe if the radioactive Ac has crossed the BBB or if it's just in the bloodstream?
PET scan the brain.

Maybe it would help if this matter was investigated as part of a bigger research that has more of a point. I don't know exactly what right now, but maybe as part of a package deal it might fly.

You don't have to check where exactly in the brain it is, I think using references you could calculate the amount of substance by the radiation / signal as if it were spectroscopy. Maybe there are even cruder ways to detect the radiation, but basically just seeing how much radiation comes from the head rather than the rest of the body should suffice?
Anyway DOI for example has certainly been used as major radioligand using PET by Nichols et al. Seemed to accumulate in the lungs during the comeup hours first weirdly enough IIRC.

Pretty sure the NBOMe metabolism I mentioned was detected similarly. They radiolabeled the methoxies... It was the 2- or 5-methoxy that is cleaved in the liver, not debenzylation or even demethoxylation of the NBOMe methoxy. And reason for bad oral activity is that the stuff has such high affinity for liver enzymes that this methoxy falls off really fast. Not that it turns into the corresponding 2C-X or what was thought.. Really weird. Surprising I mean.

Last edited:
I have just cooked a medium sized cap of amanita muscaria in my oven (to turn most ibotenic acid to muscimol) and I'm going to eat it soon. I've never tried this before, but I'm sure that it's not deadly. I hope this amount is enough to cause some CNS effects.

^ I've heard from some people that it tends to cause so much nausea that it's impossible to really enjoy the effects, but I'll see how this goes. At least this is smarter than tripping on benadryl or datura...

Once I ate some dataura root bark thinking it would be a good experiment. I think I had been reading carlos castenada, typical young hippie shit. It didn't really do anything but make me extremely, violently sick. I still get sick thinking about it. Looking back, it was maybe the stupidest thing I've ever done with drugs, and I'm glad it didn't give me any real deliriant effects.

I think I had been reading carlos castenada, typical young hippie shit.

Oh my goodness man, Castaneda. Some real BS right there. I enjoyed the shit out of his work to only later find out it was indeed fiction (my copies were old and said non-fiction on the spine...)

I must admit those were more experimental times for me as well hahah.

Yeah there's so much bunk stuff in those books, it's kind of depressing to think how many people have read them and taken them serious (myself to some extent at a point in my life). But maybe on the balance it has done more good than harm by opening peoples minds or something. Who knows. I guess there's a lot worse bullshit in the world.

Carlos Castaneda makes me remember a book I once started reading, about an antropologist who actually stumbled upon Ayahuasca. I remember visions about a tiger being really important. Anyone remembers the name of this book? It was actual non-fiction and quite an interesting read, but I can't for the life of me find it anymore

Actually currently reading Carlos Castaneda right now because I found his whole series for a tenner. I'm still at the start, but is there anything in specific I should watch out for? Or will I immediately recognize the bullshit?

I don't think there's anything wrong with believing in the possibilities of the supernatural. I agree, there may be some good things to take away.

I just feel burned because the guy lied to all of us...

Seconding the report on Amanitas Muscaria btw, here in the Netherlands the mushroom is still considered as fatally toxic I believe. I always imagined that is because of some fear for mysticism in the dark ages, some big conspiracy going all the way back in history, so I'm definitely intrigued

Actually currently reading Carlos Castaneda right now because I found his whole series for a tenner. I'm still at the start, but is there anything in specific I should watch out for? Or will I immediately recognize the bullshit?

Just read it keeping in mind that the whole thing is a story he made up. He presented it as if it were autobiographical, fact, but the whole thing is made up stories, perhaps loosely inspired from some real world experiences.

One thing I remember is how he smokes mushrooms in the first book DONT SMOKE MUSHROOMS haha!
Also don't get the idea in your head to go eat peyote out of the desert, there's not enough left in the world for people to do that anymore, except maybe first nations who've been doing it forever. It's a very endangered plant.

Other than that, just treat it as entertainment, and if you get some inspiration from it, great!

Seconding the report on Amanitas Muscaria btw, here in the Netherlands the mushroom is still considered as fatally toxic I believe. I always imagined that is because of some fear for mysticism in the dark ages, some big conspiracy going all the way back in history, so I'm definitely intrigued

I read that there is speculation that there are more and less toxic strains depending on what part of the world you're in, so that may be the case in NL. Also, they are very similar to, and can be confused with, deadly toxic mushrooms. So maybe it's not a bad idea to tell people to stay away from them, even if they're perfectly safe, just so they don't make a mistake in ID.

The effects from the mushroom were very mild, just a little bit of intoxicated feeling in an alcohol/benzo kind of way. Certainly nothing that I'd call a real "trip". You probably have to eat more than one cap to really feel the effects, but there's a risk that some of them are more potent than others and can surprise you.

I ingested the cap by dividing it to many small pieces, which I swallowed one at a time with lots of water without chewing.

And I was about to ask you how you downed it :p

I tried Amanita muscaria many years back (in my Castaneda reading days ;)) and I got little effect. I made a tea from them, it was vile. They were dried, not fresh though, which I have heard can affect the experience.

Yeah, Castaneda just writes some fantastical stuff. You'll know when it's BS. I read it with the understanding of it being non-fiction, and I certainly felt it was all worthwhile. I'd still read his stuff anyways, for entertainment.

White55 - I used 2ml of distilled water, and I mixed in an amber vial. I had to stir for a while. I didn't use filter (yes I am dumb). There was a tiny amount of solution left. Not enough to matter. But I used a tiny diabetic syringe to pull the rest out. Never used it. But when I looked at the syringe about a week later. The solution is a purple black. I still have the syringe with purple/Black solution. I obviously am never going to use it.

I will take a picture of it later and post. It looks very strange. But it is still a liquid.

Status
Not open for further replies.