• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Tripping Thread: aLL aBoArD tHe MoThErShiP 👽🛸

That was really interesting how I forgot about the vomiting on MDMA and then it came up as this anxiety without any story or explanation.

I can't believe I still love psychedelic drugs, its been over 25 years since I first did acid. I find them so grounding and sanity producing and heart opening. They are still teaching me after hundreds of trips.

Today I drank some T. Terschekki cactus tea made from 5g dry and smoked cannabis throughout the day. This was supposed to be a "taster" dose, similar to say 2 mg 2C-B, but I was surprised by its power. It felt 2-3X stronger and compared better to my recent 5 mg 2C-E trip. Technically, it was a weak (++), but qualitatively it felt very heavy duty. At one moment, I'd feel essentially sober and able to maintain concentration on normal reality with ease, but if I let my gaze relax and my mind wander, I got pulled into an inner world in which I had to make some effort to come back. This could happen even while I was standing up with eyes open. I navigated between these states many times over the course of the day. I had a few moments of darkness and discomfort including when I felt fearful that I could be "pulled in" so deep that I wouldn't come back. These were very transient though, partly because I'm pretty good at "defending" against these kinds of fears but also because (from past experiences) mescaline just seems to work like that.

Anyway, the day was very pleasant, even if a bit more intense at times than I had anticipated. Since I'm interested in the potential of mescaline used on a semi-regular basis as a medicine, I took note of the fact that the experience, even at this low dose, is definitely not casual. For a few moments I was very definitely tripping in a way that could be uncomfortable to a lot of people.

Now I'm looking forward to seeing how the after-effects develop.

Took a mushie. and about 25 minutes in I can tell it's going to be intense but not overwhelming.

Reactions: iom
That was really interesting how I forgot about the vomiting on MDMA and then it came up as this anxiety without any story or explanation.

I can't believe I still love psychedelic drugs, its been over 25 years since I first did acid. I find them so grounding and sanity producing and heart opening. They are still teaching me after hundreds of trips.

It never stops being amazing. I keep convincing myself it's probably over by now until I trip again and somehow it blows my mind all over again.

Today I drank some T. Terschekki cactus tea made from 5g dry and smoked cannabis throughout the day. This was supposed to be a "taster" dose, similar to say 2 mg 2C-B, but I was surprised by its power. It felt 2-3X stronger and compared better to my recent 5 mg 2C-E trip. Technically, it was a weak (++), but qualitatively it felt very heavy duty. At one moment, I'd feel essentially sober and able to maintain concentration on normal reality with ease, but if I let my gaze relax and my mind wander, I got pulled into an inner world in which I had to make some effort to come back. This could happen even while I was standing up with eyes open. I navigated between these states many times over the course of the day. I had a few moments of darkness and discomfort including when I felt fearful that I could be "pulled in" so deep that I wouldn't come back. These were very transient though, partly because I'm pretty good at "defending" against these kinds of fears but also because (from past experiences) mescaline just seems to work like that.

Anyway, the day was very pleasant, even if a bit more intense at times than I had anticipated. Since I'm interested in the potential of mescaline used on a semi-regular basis as a medicine, I took note of the fact that the experience, even at this low dose, is definitely not casual. For a few moments I was very definitely tripping in a way that could be uncomfortable to a lot of people.

Now I'm looking forward to seeing how the after-effects develop.

Sounds great. I didn't know you could get away with using such a small amount of cactus, actually. How are the aftereffects?

I love this song. I always love when people try to incorporate psychedelic culture into places where people don't normally think of it. I think things are going to get a lot better for drug users in general when people finally accept that there is no specific type of person that uses drugs and that literally anyone and everyone from all walks of life can benefit from their use if they do so intelligently and correctly.

@iom

I hope you've been having a good week. I just wanted to say I've been thinking a little about what I said in my most recent messages....

Mostly I wanted to touch upon the issue of drug legalization. I've been thinking about this a lot not only because of our conversation but also because of another I had with someone else recently. I do have a lot of opinions about how things in the world could be better if drugs were legal and accepted which I like to vent about, but to be fair I haven't really thought too deeply into them for a long time and probably express them too readily compared to the amount of thought I've put into them. I think part of what it comes down to is that until midway through last year, I still lived somewhere where I literally did not and still don't have any expectation whatsoever that things are actually ever going to get better with respect to drug legalization. (I don't want to say either where I live or have lived publicly on a forum like this, but I imagine you wouldn't be too surprised that I hold this perspective if I did tell you where it was.) When I still lived there, the only time anyone (off the internet) ever brought up drug legalization in any way was to vent about the fact that we all knew things weren't ever going to get better, how much better it would be if everyone just accepted drugs and they were legal, and how much we wish we could move somewhere where drugs were getting legalized already and never have to think about all that stress again.

Well, now I actually do live somewhere like that. Currently, where I am cannabis is legal, salvia is still legal, and psychedelic legalization is on the table, and I'm actually optimistic about the future that lies ahead of me, which is an incredibly new and novel feeling for me. I haven't really shifted myself over to thinking too much about realistic plans for how society should actually move forward with respect to drug legalization yet, but I suppose I should now that I live somewhere where that kind of future is actually possible and people are able to discuss those kinds of plans as if they're things that can actually happen. I know we're talking on the internet which makes that irrelevant, but still, the way I speak even on the internet is influenced by the way I speak to other people around me in the place that I live, so I'm trying to be of the mindset of updating that now that I live in an entirely new place that allows me to think in entirely new ways that were largely pointless in my opinion to explore before.

I just wanted to say all this to point out that as much as my opinions about some topics related to drugs may be very fleshed out and researched, my view on drug legalization currently doesn't actually get much more complex than "Wouldn't it be fantastic if everything was just legal and accepted?" And my bringing it up before now was unlikely to be trying to express more than that, and I wasn't really concerned with trying to differentiate between definitions like legalization and decriminalization. I'll think about it more going forward.

I feel like there was something else I wanted to add but I can't remember what it was now.... Oh well.

I will add, P.S., about the smoking cannabis seemingly helping with my diabetes symptoms things, I'm not trying to be stubborn about saying that's definitely what happened, but I do think the number of variables seemingly involved is smaller than you imply, but I also think some of the details I haven't mentioned yet make it easier for me to accept that, like my specific weight. Like, for instance, I'm not saying that like I lost some weight like a few pounds here or there when I started smoking.... I'm saying that in a time period where starting smoking cannabis was the only major change to my life, I genuinely had like around 70 lbs just fall off me with no other explanation whatsoever within only a few months, definitely less than half a year, with no meaningful increase in exercise, an actually meaningful increase in the amount of junk food I was eating, and in that time period almost no other regular drug use yet except cannabis, which I went from zero to sixty on, since when I started smoking I immediately went from being totally clean to being stoned on high quality dank all day every day. In addition, once I had been a regular smoker for more than like half a year, I suddenly stopped losing weight and no drastic weight change like that ever occurred for me again under any circumstances; in the fifteen years since then, I've gained around a third of it back I think, maybe more depending on the time I checked and how much I was eating at the time and such.

It really was super, super drastic for no other obvious reason, though. Like, everyone I saw was constantly commenting on how amazing I looked. I always had no other response than just to be like, "Thanks.... It's the drugs, lol." There was just such a huge change with seemingly only one plausible explanation that I never really doubted that that had to be the cause even many years before I ever saw any research showing that THC actually does help with weight loss and diabetes. I don't know if you're aware of said research but there is actually a lot of it these days and I personally find it quite fascinating, like this one: Prevention of Diet-Induced Obesity Effects on Body Weight and Gut Microbiota in Mice Treated Chronically with Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol. Basically from what I've seen it seems like THC seems to help the most with reducing weight gain from a high-fat diet. I find this particularly interesting because I've also seen research suggesting that endocannabinoids produced via metabolism of fatty acids are actually partially responsible for weight gain in the first place via processes involving activation of CB1 receptors that cause weight redistribution and physiological derangement associated with diabetes when hyperactivated, with there being theories proposed that THC manages to subvert this possibly by mechanisms like being a CB1 receptor partial agonist (so functionally antagonistic to those endocannabinoid full agonists) or downregulating CB1 receptor pathways through cannabis tolerance. Personally, while this is just me coming up with ideas based on the research I've read, I think it doesn't seem like an unreasonable change for me because my main dietary issues involve eating lots of foods high in fat, much more so than things like sugar and salt. Perhaps I simply lucked out that THC was able to provide the exact kind of help I really needed in losing weight, providing such a massive weight loss for me right when I started using it going from nothing to constantly overnight, but then eventually reaching a limit where it stopped improving after that. I don't know though, again that's just a suggestion.

Anyway, that's all I'll add for now. Again hope you're doing well!

@iom

I remembered what the other thing I wanted to say was.... I just wanted to say, FYI, I'm not trying to make the conversation weird or personal by talking about my old lack of concern about living while pushing the limits with drug experimentation and stuff. I was thinking about this after posting it.... I just wanted to point out since we only started talking recently that I kind of just have a tendency to say stuff like that very matter-of-factly simply because it's the truth and it's relevant to a story about myself that I'm telling. I hope you don't feel pressured to treat it extra seriously or delicately or anything like that as that's not why I brought it up. I've just had kind of a weird journey and I'm kind of trying to figure it out for myself simultaneously to explaining it to you and other people. I am genuinely more concerned about being safe about the drugs I use these days, but my motivations back then were very different for sure. These days I still deal with depression a lot, but I'm not suicidal or anything like that.

I just wanted to put that out there for the record. The more you talk to me the more you may find that I don't have much of a filter for talking about things that I think a lot of people consider to be quite personal. I think this forum is partially to blame for that. I just got kind of used to opening up about crazy drug things that often get quite personal, although I was already very open about my life before that too. I tend to treat myself like a science experiment so even from my own perspective, I'm not really looking back on it in melancholy or anything.... I'm just trying to analyze the facts.

Alright, I think that's actually all I wanted to add....

Thank you for sharing all of this with us. It's very generous, brave, and cool of you to share with us these insights.

I imagine it's hard to grasp this from an outside perspective which is probably why science tends to treat it this way, but psychosis is definitely not just like... random nonsense that deludes you. It's an extremely complex and intricate state of mind.
So this is not entirely foreign to me, not because I have a 'disorder', per se, but rather, well, specifically what you say here reminds me a lot of the experiences I've had on PCP and its close analogs:
My psychotic episode had a far more developed and cosmic sort of plot with characters and storylines and everything
When I get really, really high on PCP, I start having visions of alternate realties and in them I can recall the alternate history from that reality. And they're fucking zany, dark, and out there sometimes. It's like my mind gets drawn into these elaborate storylines of intrigue and deception, spies and double agents and shit. Ancient cults, dark lords, anarchist dropping bombs from hidden hot air balloons. They opened a portal with a Druid ruin that had a hairline fracture on the backside no one noticed, and it caused a portal rift, which I happened to slip through with the Angel Dust, but they're on to me, and there's an open bounty on my head, assassins are perched everywhere, you know, that kinda shit, but by then, I realize it's just a fantasy, and I never really fully believe it. I won't let it drive, but it's fun to give it the mental film projector from time to time.

And I hear your points about the origin of the cause for this being a different experience when it's brought on by 'psychosis' as opposed to 'drug-induced psychosis'. I have no doubt, they are different experiences almost fundamentally, but be that as it may, it's my hunch that they share more in common than not. There's also psychosis brought on by extreme post-traumatic stress disorder.

But getting back to the 'head voices' for a moment, if you will… so, like a lot of people (I think), I have a sort of running inner monologue in my head in which I'm constantly talking to myself. It's not anything I 'hear' any more than when a song gets stuck in my head. It's 'playing' in my head somehow someway, or really I'm imagining its sound, if you will, almost against my own volition unless I make the mental effort to stop it. I've taught myself to be careful with this voice in what I say to myself, and I try to make it words of encourage like I would give to a good friend. This tactic has really pulled me through some shitty things, challenges, etc. I feel like there might be some corollary there, and it makes me wonder if it's possible to retrain seeming 3rd party 'head voices' to become advocates for good who use a kind, positive reinforcement approach instead of a negative, critical, taunting, and/or just plain mean one.

Fed up by all the commands and stress, I finally just got up, marched out front, threw my arms out up and to the side, and said, "Here I am!" Nothing happened. And from that point, I was in charge.
Exactly. I instinctively reject delusions of persecution, and I refuse to be superstitious.

Perhaps you think Terence McKenna was crazy. Well, so am I. Maybe you are too. Maybe that's all this is. Or maybe it's a test from your biology. I'm still trying to figure that out myself....
Who knows, and who knows WTF 'crazy' is? … or even 'normal'; there's no such thing. It's the paranoia of scrutiny, the fear that I'm being watched, analyzed, dissected, discussed, record, etc. which 1.) I'm not; I'm not that important and I don't harbor any real malice or threat, and 2.) even if I were, so what? I don't mind the coverage. Maybe I'm too vane to be paranoid. 😁

But getting back to the 'head voices' for a moment, if you will… so, like a lot of people (I think), I have a sort of running inner monologue in my head in which I'm constantly talking to myself. It's not anything I 'hear' any more than when a song gets stuck in my head. It's 'playing' in my head somehow someway, or really I'm imagining its sound, if you will, almost against my own volition unless I make the mental effort to stop it. I've taught myself to be careful with this voice in what I say to myself, and I try to make it words of encourage like I would give to a good friend. This tactic has really pulled me through some shitty things, challenges, etc. I feel like there might be some corollary there, and it makes me wonder if it's possible to retrain seeming 3rd party 'head voices' to become advocates for good who use a kind, positive reinforcement approach instead of a negative, critical, taunting, and/or just plain mean one.

You should watch the "Confidence and Paranoia" episode of Red Dwarf to see how that works out. Sorry, I couldn't find it on YouTube.

@unodelacosa @iom

Something I think about a lot is the trickster archetype. Also the bicameral mind hypothesis that the original state of the human mind was to be formed from a dialogue between the two halves of the brain where one is speaking and is perceived to be like what people think of as God and the other is listening and taking commands, and the theory that conditions like schizophrenia may involve a return to this kind of consciousness. Another thing they have observed about the brain is that there seems to be a sort of mood balance between them where one half of the brain is more about regulating things like approach/reward-related behavior and the other is more about regulating things like escape/aversion-related behavior. Lots of stuff like that going on in the brain which seems (if you ask me) to just reflect some of the natural symmetries and simultaneous asymmetries of biology. But so I wonder if perhaps what some people assume would be taking the role of 'God' in the bicameral mind hypothesis might not actually be more like the 'trickster' archetype and the 'commands' that they give could be related more to things like your biology testing you in ways so to speak as I was getting at before. Perhaps this is why psychotic voices work the way they do where it seems like they're trying to make you afraid but things suddenly resolve and get better if you just don't believe them in a way that to me at least feels like it helps develop my confidence, although simultaneously maybe having a condition like schizophrenia causes this 'self-testing' behavior of our biology to become hyperactive to the point that it can become more disruptive than useful because you're always being 'tested' in a way that technically might help give you character growth but doesn't actually allow you to have the downtime or focus to apply that character growth even if you do manage to get that out of it.

The reason I'm thinking this is that I wonder if it's not the case that basically the part of the brain associated with approach/reward behavior is the part we tend to associate with ourselves which is why we build our self-image around the things that we like and drugs that trigger approach/reward pathways like amphetamine for instance tend to strengthen our sense of self and make us feel associated to our bodies, while the part of the brain associated with escape/aversion behavior is the part we tend to associate with our internal 'other(s)' which is why drugs like salvinorin A which trigger the escape/aversion pathways in the brain tend to produce hallucinated experiences of encountering 'others' and make us feel dissociated from our bodies. I also wonder if this is not the explanation for why the 'trickster' archetype exists basically because the perception of internal 'others' associated with escape/aversion pathway processing subsequently associates with negative emotions increasing to a point that they suddenly peak and turn back around as the brain returns to its motivational homeostasis once the aversive influence passes, kind of like a joke where at first you're confused but suddenly you get the punchline and everything is okay because the confusion was justified and you don't regret experiencing it even if it was aversive at the time. Hence why you actually like the 'trickster' and keep returning to them despite the fact that they make you feel bad at first, because it's always revealing and enjoyable once you're coming out of the other side of it, and that general experiential timeline can be applied to different possible contexts to create a self-sustaining cycle of aversion-driven character growth. Or something like that....

I don't just accept the things I hear in my headspace but I also don't just dismiss the things that the others in my mind say to me. Biology is orderly and I think it's naive to assume that there's no meaning to things that entities, voices, whatever in our heads say just like it would be naive to assume that the words coming out of other people's mouths are meaningless. If I'm told by another in my head that we're supposed to be antagonistic then maybe there's a reason they think that. Maybe the reward-related side of the brain and the aversion-related side of the brain don't actually work properly together when they try to be buddy-buddy. Maybe not though. It's all just a big science experiment.

Just some more food for thought.

@Kaleida - I've never experienced psychosis (ie, diagnosed rather than drug induced at least) but I relate so much to your explanations of your general sense of the nature of dissociatives...

Specifically - random moments of extreme profundity while just watching TV shows or doing nothing in particular, check, American Dad, lol yep, also Family Guy, one of the most fundamentally nonsensical shows, to the point I've convinced myself I'm interpreting some kind of cosmic meaning in these shows and I mean, sometimes it's true, but I remember one time specifically on 3-MeO-PCP it suddenly hit me that I was "The OA" from that show The OA (I mean... a parallel reality version of the OA obviously since I didn't suddenly think I was a woman or Brit Marling specifically) which I must say is a dissociative treat but then, many shows are, and in retrospect I think pretty much all the time I'm actually just kinda "retconning" my own life and finding meaning that wasn't really specifically related to that moment. Just mostly all I ever really did on dissociatives was lie around watching shows and, most good stories do have some kind of meaning in them if you look hard enough, even less overtly serious, in a sense "sillier" ones like cartoons such as American Dad (although I still think American Dad is up there as far as cartoons go).

Also, futuristic cityscapes, lots of people being part of the background, check, that's the nature of so many of my K-holes, you're right it is dreamlike, and also yep that's highly distinct from my own dreams in that my dreams do indeed normally involve numerous if vaguely fantastical interactions with people, to a far higher degree than waking life... whereas with K holes I'm very much almost actually a part of the background myself. One thing I'll say in contrast to what you said about people being part of the background (although this is arguably functionally irrelevant and a matter of perspective) is that a lot of the time in these holes it's like I am myself actually part of the background, a confused and disoriented visitor in this strange world where everyone else is going about their business mostly just ignoring me... it can be pretty frightening at times actually and definitely became more frightening as my disso use became more dysfunctional.

I think probably you said a bunch of other stuff I related to but those were the most notable things that stood out to me... anyway although I don't have a "real" psychosis to compare it to as such, it's definitely dissos which are the drugs that have most often induced experiences that when I came down I thought damn, that felt like a drug induced psychosis, rather than "that felt like an epic/holy/terrifying trip," but not an actual psychosis as is typical of my deepest experiences with non-dissociative psychedelic drugs, even when I almost certainly completely lost touch with reality for a time.

@unodelacosa @iom

Something I think about a lot is the trickster archetype. Also the bicameral mind hypothesis that the original state of the human mind was to be formed from a dialogue between the two halves of the brain where one is speaking and is perceived to be like what people think of as God and the other is listening and taking commands, and the theory that conditions like schizophrenia may involve a return to this kind of consciousness. Another thing they have observed about the brain is that there seems to be a sort of mood balance between them where one half of the brain is more about regulating things like approach/reward-related behavior and the other is more about regulating things like escape/aversion-related behavior. Lots of stuff like that going on in the brain which seems (if you ask me) to just reflect some of the natural symmetries and simultaneous asymmetries of biology. But so I wonder if perhaps what some people assume would be taking the role of 'God' in the bicameral mind hypothesis might not actually be more like the 'trickster' archetype and the 'commands' that they give could be related more to things like your biology testing you in ways so to speak as I was getting at before. Perhaps this is why psychotic voices work the way they do where it seems like they're trying to make you afraid but things suddenly resolve and get better if you just don't believe them in a way that to me at least feels like it helps develop my confidence, although simultaneously maybe having a condition like schizophrenia causes this 'self-testing' behavior of our biology to become hyperactive to the point that it can become more disruptive than useful because you're always being 'tested' in a way that technically might help give you character growth but doesn't actually allow you to have the downtime or focus to apply that character growth even if you do manage to get that out of it.

The reason I'm thinking this is that I wonder if it's not the case that basically the part of the brain associated with approach/reward behavior is the part we tend to associate with ourselves which is why we build our self-image around the things that we like and drugs that trigger approach/reward pathways like amphetamine for instance tend to strengthen our sense of self and make us feel associated to our bodies, while the part of the brain associated with escape/aversion behavior is the part we tend to associate with our internal 'other(s)' which is why drugs like salvinorin A which trigger the escape/aversion pathways in the brain tend to produce hallucinated experiences of encountering 'others' and make us feel dissociated from our bodies. I also wonder if this is not the explanation for why the 'trickster' archetype exists basically because the perception of internal 'others' associated with escape/aversion pathway processing subsequently associates with negative emotions increasing to a point that they suddenly peak and turn back around as the brain returns to its motivational homeostasis once the aversive influence passes, kind of like a joke where at first you're confused but suddenly you get the punchline and everything is okay because the confusion was justified and you don't regret experiencing it even if it was aversive at the time. Hence why you actually like the 'trickster' and keep returning to them despite the fact that they make you feel bad at first, because it's always revealing and enjoyable once you're coming out of the other side of it, and that general experiential timeline can be applied to different possible contexts to create a self-sustaining cycle of aversion-driven character growth. Or something like that....

I don't just accept the things I hear in my headspace but I also don't just dismiss the things that the others in my mind say to me. Biology is orderly and I think it's naive to assume that there's no meaning to things that entities, voices, whatever in our heads say just like it would be naive to assume that the words coming out of other people's mouths are meaningless. If I'm told by another in my head that we're supposed to be antagonistic then maybe there's a reason they think that. Maybe the reward-related side of the brain and the aversion-related side of the brain don't actually work properly together when they try to be buddy-buddy. Maybe not though. It's all just a big science experiment.

Just some more food for thought.
Ah, the Bicameral Mind... that's another concept I've thought a lot about and specifically in the context of dissociative use... actually I also learned about the concept from a TV show, although I since read more about it independently. Again the most vivid experience I can remember where I seemed to actually witness some element of bicameralism in my own mind (regardless of how much the idea actually corresponds to the reality of whatever phenomena converge to create/reveal/synchronactualise human consciousness) was again on 3-MeO-PCP - where suddenly it was like I could observe some mechanism of decision making and awareness inside myself, and I vividly remember thinking that that thing that seems to be controlling me is not me - but... "if that's not me, then what am I?"

I don't recall ever actually arriving at a satisfactory answer to this, I elected simply to ride out the confusion and I guess eventually was satisfied that I was something resembling whatever I had previously thought I was. I guess that thing actually was me - in retrospect - or a part of myself - but a part that had temporarily had the actual "subjective experience module" switched off... a sort of partial actualisation of a psychological zombie. It felt profoundly disconcerting, actually it felt demonic, like I was possessed by something evil. In retrospect though, I mean... I do identify with the part of myself that thought, "let's not do anything drastic, let's sit down and ride this out", even back then so... I must have actually maintained some consciousness in the part of myself that had agency, right...? Which means maybe the entire experience was not as I have just described it, ie, it was not really a splitting, I was still somewhat in control of myself and experiencing the decision making process that guided my actions, but had temporarily lost some other aspect of my fragmented awareness that usually makes this entire experience of being conscious and choosing to do stuff make sense and not seem just horrifyingly, bewilderingly bizarre...

Actually on that note, as far as there being a division of the Instructor and the Actor elements of the human mind (although I think they are probably not quite so clearly delineated, but rather, maybe, an assortment of fragments that lean more to one purpose or the other) - I do feel my overuse of dissociatives has corroded some part of the connection within myself and my own internal coherence... in that for a long time I possessed a kind of toxic fatalism and did not feel I had any agency, did not feel capable of actually acting on the instructions from within my own mind, and conversely, I guess, did not feel that when I psychologically embodied the "Instructor" aspect of the bicameral conceptualisation, I could not actually rely on the "Actor" to carry put these instructions... it's interesting to consider this from both perspectives now, which I don't think I've really done before... Since I am obviously (maybe?) both the Actor that resents being a slave to the Instructor, and fears the Instructions that will be given, and the Instructor that has lost control of the Actor, and fears that the instructions given will not be carried out... 🤔 ...damn, that's one of those unexpected self-insights that feels unexpectedly profound.

Anyway I think I am somewhat gradually getting own Bicameral Mind to get on with itself again, recently, abstinence from dissociatives definitely helped a lot, continued use definitely did NOT help at all... although I can't blame all of this Bicameral Decoherence on dissociatives, probably, it's not everyone's experience I'm sure, and there have been other factors, as there always are... but yeah, damn that was interesting to consider just now.

I sometimes have spontaneous experiences where the internal dialogue becomes othered, where it doesn't feel like 'I' am thinking but that its just a voice and I don't know what it's going to say next.

I realized that it could be quite scary to have that happen for someone, and wondered if that's part of what happens in schizophrenia with voices. If it wasn't 'me' talking, then it could be someone or something else. I imagine there would have to be a secondary condition that allows for the belief that something else was creating the voice.

"I am God!' 'I am God!!' 'I AM GOD!!!'
Haha... 😅 I keep coming back to this thread finding other things that remind me of stuff but I also said this (I think) deep in a 3-MeO-PCE + Metocin "hole", which coincidentally also followed thinking I had broken the reality simulation by inducing a state of mind that the architects of the simulation had forgotten to code for, I think I quote my own trip report on that there.

I dread to think what I could have done to my own mind if that had been 3-MeO-PCP like my other borderline self-induced psychoses... the 3-MeO-PCxs are essentially "psychotogens" IMO but the ~PCE variant is at least a little more forgiving... although that probably ranks as "most insane" on the scale of probable dissociative psychoses in my memory... other than the DCK+an unremembered stimulant, maybe dexamphetamine, episode of dopamine psychosis which caught me completely off guard and involved thinking I could hear people digging under my floorboards and gangs invading my neighbours flat and plotting to kidnap or rob me which was far less interesting but objectively a far more dangerous situation and seemed to be frightening enough to give me some kind of wakeup call about the progressively dumber roads that dissociatives were leading me down...

Actually just to cap off the "feelings of random profundity while watching randomly irrelevant stuff", I did try to kind of leverage that tendency to create a kind of narrative in my life where I watched The Meg followed by The Meg 2 back to back, reasoning that I was capping off one of the stupidest episodes of my own life by watching one of the stupidest (although entertaining!) films I've ever seen.

After that on the advice of an extremely kind girl I've never actually met but fortuitously loosely kept in touch with from some dating app and who I chose to kinda spill my guts to about how much I'd just terrified myself, I went for a long walk in the rain to a lake to look at some ducks, so I can remember that day as Duck Day and some kind of hard cap on my dysfunctional dissociative addictions... 08/08/23... Duck Day. 😄 Lol, that isn't a narrative that would make much sense to non drug people I realise but I very much appreciate the fact that I feel I can share it here.

K hole on shrooms or acid changed my life forever.

K saved me from suicide and depression and PTSD.

But my last ever k hole I went on a hell ride through infinity into the darkest realities where i met demonic entities and encountered the devil on a k hole lol. That shit was 10x even more scary than my worst trip on acid to hell.

Maybe in a few years ill come back to tripping. But for now im sober.

K-hole imo beats the shit out of DMT breakthrough. Some k holes can be pretty lack luster but fuck me you never know what you are getting into.
A k hole at the start of IM DPT was incredible. Came out of it with Hendrix playing on my headphones and purple seemed THE colour of enlightenment (and deliciously creamy chocolate - UK adverts for Dairy Milk to blame for that one!). I just had to shout yes, it was so positive

Sounds great. I didn't know you could get away with using such a small amount of cactus, actually. How are the aftereffects?

The after-effects were disappointing! In fact, it felt a bit like it zeroed out the previous 2C-B afterglow. It was a week that reminded me that I'm very much still mending. I was a bit too enthusiastic in my post-trip exercise and paid a price for it in re-emergence of symptoms like arthritic feet, brain fog, etc. OTOH, I did "power walk" a few miles every day, and had a day of light jogging. I also did some other strength exercises and ate a fair amount more food than usual. I overdid it but not so much that I didn't add some muscle and lose some Xmas fat. The other thing is that I didn't really have anything to integrate, post-trip. In fact, the only insight I got was "take more next time".

So I did, finally today take 10 g of this T. Terschekki. This time I feel like the strength of the experience was a lot closer to what I would expect for the dose. I felt it in 20 minutes but it did little except churn my guts for the first couple hours. Really it never got above (+) until after the 4th hour. i had held off smoking as much weed to see if that had amplified my last (5 g) experience more than I thought. I think it did. Even with more weed though around the 5th hour though, I didn't feel as high as I did the first time.

I also felt kind of anxious. So, I decided to try sitting on the floor in half lotus instead of moving on my feet. I concentrated on developing a form, which was difficult but felt very rewarding as I found better balance and could sustain it with less exertion. I then did some leg stretches followed tree pose on each leg. These activities changed the whole character of the trip. After the stretches, I felt a wave of somatic euphoria which was accompanied by a vision of ribbons of flowing color. Up to this point, the visuals had been monochromatic and quite dull, so it's like these actions helped to unlock the positive aspects of the trip. It changed monochromatic visuals to color visuals. That's amazing! Then my wife came home and smoked some weed. I always let her know what I'm on, and this time she caught a strong contact high. What followed was a shared experience that I can't easily describe, nor do I fully understand myself.

The cactus isn't special just to me but to both of us. It was our first trip together which we took at a small gathering in a mountain forest setting on the day after we met. We took heavy doses, 70-75 g of this material or maybe like 600 mg worth of mescaline. I need to revise the record here. I said I did not experience ego loss on mescaline, but the other day I found some old notes of mine which stated very explicitly that I *did experience ego loss* on this trip. We began at high noon on the day of midsummer, and as the last effects wore off at around 6 the next morning, some part of me knew we were meant for each other and would be together for a very long time. We've gone past 20 years now. This past week I had a lot of anxiety over the future of our relationship for reasons I won't go into here. Tonight, when she slipped into my headspace, we experienced tiny glimpses of that first time together with the cactus. I now feel reassured, as though the cactus was reminding her and I that it catalyzed and consecrated our bond in the first place, and that this should not be forgotten.

As for why the 5 g felt so strong, I have a few hypotheses. (1) The tiny amount of sediment in the tea (which got through a coffee filter) is mescaline rich and I didn't stir enough; (2) my body was in a heightened inflammatory state on that day which may have caused a transient sensitivity; (3) I smoked so much pot that it was really a mescaline-enhanced pot trip that nevertheless felt a lot like mescaline ought to. I lean toward (3) mostly but maybe (2) is important too. I do believe my body tends to get 'triggered" from time to time, leading to an amplification of most of my inflammatory problems at the same time, so I have to wonder if I might be hypersensitive to psychedelics on such "triggered" days. It's something I will be watching out for. I expect I will get much better after-effects this time, and I may have some trip integration to do. Hopefully my guts come out it in good shape. This mere 10 g dose felt like it did quite a number on them, and this was my only body complaint, really.

Because this cactus material is limited, precious, and practically irreplaceable. I have some new T. peruvianus material that I'm going to trial and compare with. This ought to be interesting given all the other alkaloids in T. peruvianus. Supposedly T. terschekki contains only mescaline and N,N-dimethylmescaline, the latter of which is said to be inactive until 1.5 g or so when it just decreases blood pressure a bit. Most people who have heard of T. terschekii believe it to not have enough mescaline to be worthwhile. My guess is one just has to have the regional knowledge to know which cacti specimens are worth the trouble and how/when to harvest them for best results. This material absolutely delivers the goods. I estimated it to be about 0.8% mescaline dry wt, and the effect feels very clean, as I would expect chemical mescaline to feel. Other than this material, I've had two trips on T. pachnoi, but they were way too weak to form a reasonable basis for comparison. So like I said, this comparison should be interesting, and I'll have new material to use as a mainstay while saving the T. terschekki for special purposes. For example, I've combined it with ayahuasca (vine only) a few times with superb results. These were weak experiences though because I was being very cautious and wasn't noticing any MAOI potentiation (!!). OTOH, I'm not sure I even want to risk trying an MAOI with T. peruvianus or T. pachnoi because of all the other stuff in those.

Since I'm on a roll here... IIRC, Shulgin suggested that maybe T. terschekki was being used with an MAOI in indigenous practices, which perhaps made the N,N-dimethylmescaline active. I only learned of this though long after I had an actual conversation with him in which I told him of my first ayahuasca+Terschekki experiment and how surprised I was that I did not notice any potentiation. He was seemed surprised to hear this too. Speaking of weird synchronicities, on that first aya-mesc trip I took, I went hiking literally within a mile or so of the Shulgins' farmhouse. He might have even been able to see me from his property. At the time I had no idea I was near where they lived, but then one day we got invited to the 4th of July potluck and I was amazed at how they were just *right there*. (He had an amazing cactus garden by the way!) Anyway, when I spoke with him about the MAOI + T. Terschekki at a conference, he asked if I had any analytical data for the material. I did not, and shortly after the encounter I sadly forgot about it. In fact, I only recalled it a few months ago when I uncovered some old notes which jogged my memory of it. I rather regret now having forgotten because if I''d thought about it, I could have dropped some dried cactus in his hands for him to analyze during one of those 4th of July potlucks so that he could satisfy his curiosity. Perhaps some day I will follow through on that analysis to honor his memory.

Edit: Corrected cactus dry weight percent 0.8% instead of 1.2%.

Last edited:
Whew! Only now, past my bed time, do I feel like the heat lamp in my chest is switching off, and I got started within an hour after I woke up (early).

TV is a wonderful and horrible thing lol. I cannot express the sheer quantity of strange happenings I have experienced simply as a result of watching TV, on drugs yes but especially while psychotic. The concept of TV seeming to carry some strange synchronistic meaning is definitely something I actually do find similar between dissociatives and psychosis, but it's still obvious to me that the context that's present in psychosis is missing from my dissociative trips.

I've had a number of weird experiences coming home from a night of tripping and turning on the tv. One memorable one was I was looking at a postcard of a black and white scene of Paris, and my roommate turned the tv on, I looked up and the tv had the exact same image, cropped exactly the same from the same angle. Another time I was tripping and someone was telling me about hand bell choirs, which I'd never heard of, and I thought it was the coolest thing and was telling everyone I met about them that night, and when I got home turned on the TV and a hand bell choir was playing.

I had a period of time when I was experiencing a type of synchronicity where I would imagine or think of something and then it would appear momentarily later, and this would happen like 20 times a day. This happened when I was meditating like 6 hours a day for a while. It was very specific like one i remember was I imagined a dead great horned owl and then a few minutes later found a dead great horned owl. Or I would imagine someone saying something then someone would say it.

I also had a dream once where there were a bunch of specific things happening like a flood and a terrorist attack and I had to find my girlfriend and give her a gun. When I woke I started telling my girlfriend the dream and she said she had a dream of the same thing, so I asked her to finish and tell me the rest of the details and she could.

Its funny when things like that happen to me because it just seems normal even though it sounds so strange. I don't make any meaning about it, I wonder about it but have no clue whats really happening with this mysterious amazing universe.