• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Thread: Trans-dimensional Hyperspace Cocktail Bar - Fractals Apply Within

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess, need something to replace my drug/alcohol habits. I've been lifting some weights at home but planning to go gym more, got membership already

Nice, I wish you good results. When I was younger I would exercise for like 1-2 weeks but always kinda hated it and never stuck with it. This time I'm really loving it, it's one of the best parts of my day. :)

HAHAHHA BRO HOW DID YOU FIND THAT

time to reinstate that avatar. I was so proud of making that. You just made my night posting that. I'm a lowly greenlighter so I don't think I can use it quite yet.

Dude, nice to see you back around. :)

And you should still be able to change your avatar even as a Greenlighter.

Nice, I wish you good results. When I was younger I would exercise for like 1-2 weeks but always kinda hated it and never stuck with it. This time I'm really loving it, it's one of the best parts of my day. :)

yeah bro, i hear ya on that. i don't feel right if i don't exercise. i feel like the human body is designed to be worked hard, and if i'm not regularly doing serious cardiovascular conditioning work its really stressful on my body.

makes sense as our early ancestors probably employed a hunting strategy based on chasing ungulates for extremely long distances until the animals were too tired to keep running. so we basically evolved to be long distance runners.

Yeah definitely, we evolved with our bodies being in shape and worked hard, by necessity of survival. I have realized recently that being out of shape is a huge stress on my life. So that's why I'm fixing it now. And like I said, it feels good. Great in fact. So much so that I am happy to wake up at 7:30am and go work out before work, or even on a Saturday (like today), though I slept in til 9 since I was up til 2.

I'm cooking some awesome Indian red curry sauce (from stewed tomatoes, potatoes and carrots and of course a bunch of good Indian spices) with organic chicken. I also made some brown basmati rice with cardamom pods and black peppercorns in the rice cooker, and when the sauce is done I will be able to make awesome Indian stir-fry for quite a few meals. I'll probably also add peanut butter for at least one of those, and maybe coconut milk too, but I don't have any now. I've got a bunch of vegetables like bok choy, carrots, green peppers, sugar snap peas... I'm so looking forward to this. I've been eating like a horse, I ate so much food for the past 6 days, it's crazy, but I have put on like 10 pounds and I figure I should keep eating since I'm hungry so much. It's healthy food too, except for yesterday after I ate dinner with PDers, I went out to Cookout and got a burger, 12 hush puppies, and a shake. Then I ate that, and after about an hour I ate another helping of dinner. Eventually I actually got full. :)

That sounds very wholesome, I guess you were really due some recharging and restoration, my roommate buddy and I have gotten into healthy foods a lot over the past while - less meat, a LOT we eat is biological, we got a smoothie maker now for soups and juicing etc. And I tried to help him get over his resistance to cooking and having to learn it from not being very good at it, earlier this week he said he has now passed the initial bump.

Yeah, the more you cook, the easier it is. I have been cooking a lot over the past few years and I've gotten really good at it. I think tomorrow I'll do some marinated swordfish steaks. :)

just got done with a 50 hour work week, and just bought my first bag of "real" weed in a couple years.

feels good to be smoking the natural stuff instead of synthetic cannbinoids.

Nice dude. It makes me glad to see you working. I expect whinybitch mehhhh tnw to gtfo :)

Smoothies are awesome, except that cleaning the blender is a pain in the ass. I've gotten to love cooking too though, I can come up with some pretty bangin recipes ff the top of my head... and having traveled a bit, I've come across some delicious dishes. Anything spicy is great. I try to use lots of fruits and veggies in my diet, and good sources of protein. Exotic ethnic stuff is great. I make a mean buffalo chili. I'll soon have a source of farm-raised grass fed alligator/pheasant/wild boar/elk/rabbit/etc. Mmm can't wait

Nice dude. It makes me glad to see you working. I expect whinybitch mehhhh tnw to gtfo :)

naw life still sucks, and america is a bunch of credit slaves. if i paid out of pocket it would take me 10 to 20 years at this wage to save up enough money buy one of these cars that i'm helping build.

Rain and stomach cramps be damned! I spent the day looking down from the highest point of the appalachian mountain range with a head full of DOC while the tree filled valleys morphed into the fog and sky. It was as if mother nature was waving hello<3

I live pretty close to the highest peak on the AT. I've gone hiking there with peppersox.
We took plain old amphetamine but DOC would be great there.
naw life still sucks, and america is a bunch of credit slaves. if i paid out of pocket it would take me 10 to 20 years at this wage to save up enough money buy one of these cars that i'm helping build.

You could buy a used car for as little as 1000. Look on the bright side or some shit. Blue collar folks don't drive fancy new vehicles.
I work 60 hours a week, 6 days a week, no overtime, and you know it's not so bad.
I remember you used to be upset over not having a job, now it's that your job isn't good enough.
I love you (yes homo) and I hope you're able to find happiness in your life or at the least just be content with what you have.

I feel I'm more privileged than it is justifiable.. if you know what i mean. I own a house that my grandfather build in 90's. I also own a car that my grandparents left me and I own some real estate with summer cottage, lot of woods (it's valuable). It's this old farm where my grandparents used to live back in the day, 1930-1970 before they moved into the city where I live now. So sentimental value is priceless for this place.

I'm 22 years old and I already have most of the things many people work their whole lives for. A house, a car, a summer place etc. I haven't really done anything to deserve this so I'm feeling guilty to have this much wealth. I want to live up for my grandparents and be the person they would've wanted me to be, so leaving me with all this wouldn't go to waste. I don't take this as granted that's for sure. I usually try not even tell people that I own a house with no mortgage in this age. It's just too fucked up.

After all, I don't have any money in my bank account. All my wealth is in real estates, and that's a good thing imo. Can't spend it. I also love this house and the area where it's located, I can easily see myself living here all my life but ofc I want to travel around the world but I can't see that I could find a better place than this. I just try to honour the memory of my grandparents by living a good life.

Last night was v fun. Soooo great to meet *love lite* finnnally

It was super fun, I'm glad you could make it. :) We'll have to do it again soon.

just got done with a 50 hour work week, and just bought my first bag of "real" weed in a couple years.

feels good to be smoking the natural stuff instead of synthetic cannbinoids.

Yeah, real weed is way better than synthetic caanabinoids. It's so much nicer, gentler, and complete (due to many, many different cannabinoids within).

Yeah America is generally full of credit slaves. I was one of those (partly out of necessaity due to my wife not working for 5 years against my will, partly stupidity due to addiction). But now I'm free, finally!

I feel I'm more privileged than it is justifiable.. if you know what i mean. I own a house that my grandfather build in 90's. I also own a car that my grandparents left me and I own some real estate with summer cottage, lot of woods (it's valuable). It's this old farm where my grandparents used to live back in the day, 1930-1970 before they moved into the city where I live now. So sentimental value is priceless for this place.

I'm 22 years old and I already have most of the things many people work their whole lives for. A house, a car, a summer place etc. I haven't really done anything to deserve this so I'm feeling guilty to have this much wealth. I want to live up for my grandparents and be the person they would've wanted me to be, so leaving me with all this wouldn't go to waste. I don't take this as granted that's for sure. I usually try not even tell people that I own a house with no mortgage in this age. It's just too fucked up.

After all, I don't have any money in my bank account. All my wealth is in real estates, and that's a good thing imo. Can't spend it. I also love this house and the area where it's located, I can easily see myself living here all my life but ofc I want to travel around the world but I can't see that I could find a better place than this. I just try to honour the memory of my grandparents by living a good life.

Congrats dude, living the dream. :) Don't feel guilty, just appreciate what you have. I'm living the dream compared to most people I know, I have a great job that I have been at almost 10 years that pays me a lot now that I have made myself indispensable and gotten a bunch of raises. I own my house and car also, my car outright, though I have a hefty mortgage on my house that, due to the market crashing right after I bought it in 2008, won't allow me to sell it unless I choose to break even. But I love living here so it's all good. :) Just remain appreciative of what you have, and it will be a blessing that will help you in life, hopefully so that you can better help others.

Man, a house with no mortgage... THAT'S the dream. My dream at least. I'm paying $1250 a month on my mortgage, and I can afford it by myself now that I make like $15k more per year than I did when I moved here. But still... imagine not having to pay that. I'd be in my ideal spot right now. Yet, I kind of already am. :) I'm off opiates, I am rid of most of my debt so I can start saving money, and I live in the best place I've ever been.

You could buy a used car for as little as 1000. Look on the bright side or some shit. Blue collar folks don't drive fancy new vehicles.
I work 60 hours a week, 6 days a week, no overtime, and you know it's not so bad.
I remember you used to be upset over not having a job, now it's that your job isn't good enough.
I love you (yes homo) and I hope you're able to find happiness in your life or at the least just be content with what you have.

eh, my complaint there isn't a new complaint -- the fact that america is a bunch of debt/wage slaves bothered me even before i got hired at this job. some of these cars i'm getting paid $9.50 an hour to help make are worth more than $100,000. aggregation of wealth yada yada yada fall of the middle class yada yada yada . =p

i am both content and malcontent, though. my life on the small scale just got a lot better, but on the grand scale this planet in general and our country in particular need a lot of work.

oh, and re: working out from the last couple pages.... at least this job is a good workout. :) its basically 8 hours of light cardio every night. already lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks.

I usually try not even tell people that I own a house with no mortgage in this age. It's just too fucked up.

After all, I don't have any money in my bank account. All my wealth is in real estates, and that's a good thing imo. Can't spend it. I also love this house.

I'm exactly the same as far as the parts I quoted go.
It's great to not have to worry about mortgages and to feel a bit ahead of others in the rat race in a way. But where I may have the advantage of still being somewhat young with a beautiful paid off house there are plenty of things to stress out about. I feel particularly stuck at the moment in fact due to me not having a car, being unable to rely on public transportation, and I lost my job a couple of months ago. I have NO money, zilch, nothing. It's to the point now where when something needs to be paid for, I need to pick something out of my beloved belongings to sell on craigslist or bring to the pawn shop. I just really really don't understand how someone gets out of a hole like this? It's not making me depressed, it just shows me a very bleak future. I can't ever afford food anymore. Most times I go 3-5 days without food, only water, and whatever kind of vitamins I have laying around for some half assed piece of mind. When the pain gets unbearable I mix flour with water I put it in the oven and enjoy myself a delicious lightly salted rubbery bread-like substance. What good does owning a house do me other than that I have a comfortable place to die in as long as I don't end up selling my bed too.

I really wish I knew the answer. No employer is going to pick me up from my house. I moved away to a place where I know nobody. I didn't have much family in New Jersey, but at least I had friends. Here I have literally nothing anymore. There is nothing in walking distance or bike riding distance that I could go try to work at. I think about forming a plan all day everyday but nothing pops into my head. And I used to pride myself on being clever, lol.

Well, I at least found out I'm not severely in debt!

Still need a fucking job, though :| I'm kind of in the same place Laika, the closest places for work are a few miles away at the least. To be fair though, I haven't really been looking either :sus:

Status
Not open for further replies.