• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Thread: Trans-dimensional Hyperspace Cocktail Bar - Fractals Apply Within

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm cooking chicken as part of my dinner, and it smells SO GOOD right now, it's wonderful. :)

I went to my second therapy session at 5 tonight. I really like my therapist, she's cool and she thinks it's perfectly acceptable to use psychedelics and marijuana responsibly, and she's focused on substance abuse counseling (tat's what I'm there for). I got out and stopped by the head shop where I used to buy kratom when I didn't trust myself with having a bunch of it, just to see if the manager was there, who has become a friend of mine and I hadn't seen him in a long time because of not going there on the days he was there. Anyway, he was there and I told him all about the ibogaine, the whole story. He was fascinated, then we talked about past drug use, then he started telling me all the ways I should get my art out there (he bought a piece like a year ago), and he had some good ideas. Then I got home, dug out my stream, so it wouldn't clog and run into the street, ant/bug barriered my house inside and out, and now I'm about to eat some awesome food and try to finish my ibogaine report. Life is good. :)

EDIT: Also, my calves are super sore today, like it's painful to walk and I'm hobbling a bit. But oddly not very painful to run. It's because I worked my legs too hard yesterday morning, so I took the day off. But I'm hoping they chill out after I sleep and I can work out again. I also noticed I have started getting really weird and intense middle back pain at my spine. Anyone here been to a chiropractor? I have not but I am thinking I should. I had really bad posture as a kid, teenager and young adult, I've worked on it a lot though and it's pretty good, but I think it's doing something to my back. But also I've heard horror stories about chiropractors.

^I'd avoid both doctors and chiropractors for temporary back pain like the plague (chiropractors are far more art than science, and I'd personally avoid them altogether, no matter how many anecdotes you hear to the contrary). The standard prescription for back pain these days is bed rest (the same as it was in the 19th century), with fMRIs discouraged because studies show when doctors are "informed" by them the outcome of their treatment decisions is profoundly worse than just having people stay off their feet. So much of biology is too complex for human comprehension to make accurate decisions about after a certain threshold of information they're using has been superseded. Your back pain is almost certainly related to your increased working out, especially if you've taken on more than you should have out of enthusiasm (which is extremely common). Go light for awhile, and focus on a gradual core strengthening workout in the meantime.

Thanks for the sound advice brutha man. :)

I put a chopped mango in my stir fry, and used the Thai-Indian fusion sauce I made. It's fucking good.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and yesterday evening my back got super painful, I went to bed early and it hurt bad in bed too, and it woke me up at 4am and every place I tried to sleep hurt. I finally fell back to sleep and when I woke up, it was better but it's still been a bit weird all day and now it's starting to hurt more again, and I didn't work out today.

Last edited:
I second what psood says except for the bed rest part. Recommendations are really just to give it time and continue normal activities...back pain gets better at about the same rate whether you rest in bed or go about your daily routine. Obviously you don't want to go do squats and dead lifts all day, but normal stuff is okay. Yoga is one thing that a lot of people actually find helpful...the core strengthening that psood mentioned probably has a lot to do with it.

Xor, that dinner sounds delicious by the way...making me hungry reading about it. :)

Yeah my core is weak from all my neglect, stronger than it was a week ago but... I'm sure it's why working out made my back hurt. I have been getting minor back pain at the end of the day for some time, but this is significantly worse.

I think the main thing is that my running shoes are done, and I was wearing my flat shoes and running 3 miles on the treadmill. Dumb idea. I knew better too, I used to be in cross-country. I tried to run barefoot but they said I couldn't.

Think I should work out in the morning? I want to but I don't want to make it worse. I'm thinking some cardio on an exercise bike, or maybe elliptical but that will likely be harder on my back. Followed by some careful lifting?

Last edited:
Yeah, biking or elliptical should be okay. Just take things slow...it's easy to injure yourself when you start working out a lot from a sedentary baseline.

The worst thing for me when my back is bothering me (aside from doing high weight back exercises) is sitting for too long. Bike, elliptical, or even running are usually okay.

p.s. Here's a picture I took last night...wanted to share with PD peeps. :)

Untitled_Panorama1.jpg

and one more...but being conscious of space (no nudie pics, sry):

NSFW:
IMG_4983_2.jpg

Last edited:
Fortunate bastage. I can't wait to be back in the bay area. We will finally meet up then!

Xork, I just am loving reading and seeing your joy of sobriety. Truly love ya brother. Inspiring.

Fortunate bastage. I can't wait to be back in the bay area. We will finally meet up then!

Xork, I just am loving reading and seeing your joy of sobriety. Truly love ya brother. Inspiring.

<3

So my back is unpleasant, 2 nights in a row I have woken up in pain unable to sleep afterwards (fortunately not til like 5am). I am about to go out looking for a new office chair, mine right now is a hard-bodies chair with no cusion that I put a square pillow on the back of and a folded fluffy towel on the seat of. I sit it in 7-10 hours a day so I think that's my main problem. Gonna see if Home Depot has anything because I have like $100 in gift cards. That and I will start taking a lot of breaks to get up and do other stuff in the middle of the work day, rather than constantly sitting in one place.

6 days till my entrance exam. Been studying like a motherfucker in the library everyday. Brain work is like equally or even more challenging and tiring as physical work. Huh.. 6 days of studying and the test and then I'm free :) I have a nice few weeks vacation before I start my summer job at the library then. Im going to smoke weed everyday and enjoy every second. Gonna wash all that information I've been studying down the toilet from my brains haha

dude, stretch.

I often times experience terrible back pains and tension from using stimulants and exercising more than I should (specifically prolonged cocaine use is the worst). Stretching to the best of your ability helps A LOT. Every morning when you wake up stretch your muscles as much as you possibly can. Do every stretch you know, or even improv ones you don't know but seem to feel good at the moment haha

touching your toes loosens your hamstrings which in turn loosens your lower back which in turn makes more room for your back muscles to stretch out. Focus on your breathing a lot while doing those stretches, because the expansion of your lungs causes your back muscles to stretch more. Also, getting a backrub can really help, and they're free a lot of the time. I personally would pay for a massage before a chiropractor or doctor.

edit: haha if you're taking an entrance exam wouldn't you want the info your being tested on to be a little less transient xammy? lol I'm just joking. Honestly, the freedom to have a day(or a few) just to lay in bed and watch tv, smoke as much weed as you want and not be obligated to do anything is part of the american(or finnish?) dream if you ask me %) Although you feel stupid for not doing anything meaningful, it just feels like the best way to spend a day relaxing.

Last edited:
Yeah I stretch the specific muscles after every exercise but I don't really stretch in the morning or other times. But it's obvious how that would be beneficial.

This morning I went out to buy a new office chair, considering I spend 8 hours a day plus a few hours later posting and writing, and I've been doing it on a metal folding chair with a folded up huge soft towel and a throw pillow for the back. I spent $150 on one but it was $60 off. I came home and put it together, it's pretty bad ass. :) It has lumbar support and a good shape for my back and is super soft so I don't feel so pressed down. I bet that chair has a lot to do with it.

EDIT: Yo, my ibogaine report is almost 17,000 words already and I have a chunk of it to write about still. Even I think that's crazy. I just want to communicate everything about it though since it was so monumental to me. Fair warning, it will take you a while to read when I post it and you decide to read it.

Last edited:
my hydergine came in the mail from thailand today. this time the tablets are only 1mg so I assume the effects will take a bit longer to notice but I'm pretty positive it'll do it's job at that dose. I wonder how much albert hoffman took per day.. that'd be cool to know. My previous tablets were 4.5 mg and actually made me vomit when I took my first 9mg dose, but after that the effects were really noticeable like enhanced memory recall and less social anxiety, more lucidity and my friends actually would comment on it too.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2869188

^that article from 1985 ends with "Thus, Hydergine might be able to counteract and prevent disturbances in the interplay between monoaminergic and other transmitter systems in the central nervous system"

I genuinely think an acute dosage before MDMA or a psychedelic makes your brain handle it a lot better. When I took 4.5mg of hydergine before the hardest roll of my life, and cut it off with xanax and ketamine when I wanted to come down, I woke up almost no negative aftereffects. However, when I ran out of hydergine and tried to take a bunch of antioxidants before a roll on bk-MDMA, and didn't use k to cut it off, I ended up with a debilitating 3 day come down of being emotionless and needing sleep. Felt like parts of my brain weren't working properly. I'm going to take a high dose of hydergine with my next high dose LSD trip for sure.

I miss hydergine. I've got to get more. It's the best nootropic by far.

You were a bent, animalistic person who had gone crazy from occult powers that I was unknowingly dabbling in, and you told me to beware the occult and stop collection because it's how they control us and then I faded into another part of my dream. It will make sense once I post my story. :)

egor (remember him?) was also in it, and Bluelighters came up a lot but usually it was people who didn't really exist but who I knew like I know you guys in the dream. Except it was always real-life meetings in the iboga dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.