• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Thread: N-Dimensional Funhouse of Possibilities

It was just a shit night. I get paid minimum wage if I don't make it in tips, but unfortunately I accidentally declared that I had gotten more tips -_- here's to the weekend yielding better pay. My town has a football game Saturday, I expect I'll get good tips from all the drunk people.

I ended up having some good discussions with my sister who just moved off to college, that cheered me up tonight. When I first left home I thought I'd never look back, but family has become so important to me in the years since I left. Time changes everything.

^You should become a wait(er/ress), then you can get less than miminum wage + tips. The either/or thing is bullshit (nothing to do with Kierkegaard's book by the same title, which I have not read).

i too have exams coming up. but mine come after a long period of not actually taking exams so im really rusty at the whole thing.
the learning, the making abstracts, the writing by hand page after page of shit from memory... seems so outdated really. but on the other hand this will mark a change in my career which im looking more or less forward to....

i like the new nikname thorns (NKB). why did you change it?

Fuck that man, that's really gotta suck :(

Kinda makes me feel bad for how I've got it....my workload so far today has been that quiet I can't actually recall having done anything except provision access to a couple of things (add someone's username to a group) and move support tickets to the appropriate work queue to be actioned. I don't even want to hint at what I'm paid for 7 hours and 21 minutes of thumb-twiddling...

Sounds like you similar work as I do, except I code as well (don't know if you do). I get paid salary, sometimes I don't have to do much work at quarter ends (like now) and also all of 4th quarter it's usually brutal... like this week. So much to do and so much multitasking it makes my brain hurt. And I'm a great multitasker. I'm also the go-to guy for everything that hasn't been done before... so I get all kinds of requests some days (like yesterday and today) in addition to my regular workload. It's cool because I have massive job security and appreciation, and I get double the raises and bonuses every year than the other people in my job position, but sometimes it still sucks. Today is shaping up to be a giant bottleneck.

well thats more or less what i get paid after 12 years of superior education ;) (more like 4/hour) gotta love eastern europe eh? :p

@Xor - man, im not one for giving out advice, but be careful with the phenibut... you already seem to be using it a lot so i just hope you keep everything in check, as that stuff has hooked a lot of people and the withdrawls are shit if we are to believe them...
also, if you re not willing to go to the markets with your work, why not an online gallery with shipping? heck, even ebay can be used like that right?

@ general combos - sometimes i dont understand why comboing up so much makes sense to people. to me, anything beyond 2 drugs and maybe a little weed/cig on top is overkill.... but perhaps that just comes from experience

Yeah I know, I got addicted to it once years ago. I have been using it quite a bit, hence my break. It's a useful tool, but a dangerous one. Fortunately I have no withdrawal or anything, but I'm feeling the lack of that euphoria, especially because I have a few things to be sad/stressed about these days. I made a promise to myself to never be addicted to another substance, and I intend to keep that promise. :)

And selling art on eBay is pretty shitty, unless you're well-known people won't seem to buy it for anything worth my time. I did join etsy but it takes a lot of work (as far as I can tell) to get your shop to the point where a lot of people notice it. I am supposedly very close in line to get into a sale gallery downtown that's really popular... I expected to be in it by now as it's been a year and a half since I applied, but eventually I will get in and that will help me a lot. I also have a woman who loves my art and bought some from me a while back who is opening an art store and says I am first on her list of vendors to use... I've even had a meeting with her already. She's still working on opening it but hopefully that will go through, that would be huge, it's in Charleston, SC too, which is a great place to sell art and actually make money doing it.

Last edited:
willow -- i saw if these trees could talk play live and chatted with them for awhile after they played. they're good dudes.

I had a dream last night, after having an MXE fueled memory recall of my youth, in which I saw an old childhood friend again; but my friend didn't want to see me. I haven't seen the guy in four years... It makes me wonder how true dreams can be, that if I were to see him again, he might not want to even talk to me...

I do abstract acrylic paintings... there are some pictures in the psychedelic art thread, though they're from some months ago so you'd have to go back in the thread.

Shoot between the poles when the gatekeeper is not paying attention? Dribble between the defenders? The usual! For the win! Go team!
Also no sourcing ;)

Art and art galleries. Such a fine way to the hearts and bosoms of many a lovely ladies.

Why yes, i think i can take you on as my next nude model... Do you do groups as well? ;)

Night pd!

Goodnight. :)

It's been one of those days man... work was brutal, I was missing my lady friend, feeling lonely, and it's probably worse because I was overindulging phenibut recently. All I want to do is smoke a bowl and chill out. Unfortunately, no weed. So after talking to my friend (who is on the verge of suicidal and has battled depression most of his life, I really worry about him and he's one of my oldest and closest friends), I decided to scrape my bowl of resin, and I pulled all the tiny nug bits off my stems and put it on top. About to smoke it, wish me luck...

You know times are tough when you pick off stems and scrape resin... back in my most heavy stoner days, I always reupped on dank before I would run out and would keep a few g's in reserve. But these days, I've been trying to quit pot every few weeks or so. It's such a wasteful habit, all that money and time you spend smoking, and for nothing. It's just, cannabis gives you something to look forward to at the end of a shitty day, and without it, well... what is there to look forward to? Maybe you hit up the liquor store, but... that's a slippery slope.

You know times are tough when you pick off stems and scrape resin... back in my most heavy stoner days, I always reupped on dank before I would run out and would keep a few g's in reserve. But these days, I've been trying to quit pot every few weeks or so. It's such a wasteful habit, all that money and time you spend smoking, and for nothing. It's just, cannabis gives you something to look forward to at the end of a shitty day, and without it, well... what is there to look forward to? Maybe you hit up the liquor store, but... that's a slippery slope.

And at least in my circumstances, liquor would be significantly more expensive.

marijuana really isn't all that expensive if you're careful to not let your tolerance skyrocket. i get high every day and a $40 eighter lasts me nearly a month.

Unfortunately, of all drugs cannabis is the most addicting for me. Speed, opiates, alcohol, whatever, I can fight off the urge to abuse and use daily... but cannabis? If I have it, I smoke a little less than a gram daily. Hardly a habit I can afford unless I had some way to grow it... Also, it cuts into my productivity and interest in other activities. To be quite frank, I believe cannabis to be a nearly valueless drug therapeutically, and certainly a hard drug; however, I still advocate full legalization, with concentrates included. I simply believe in the legalization of all drugs though.

over-reliance on drugs is not a good thing either. sometimes it s easy to forget we were chilling out and relaxing way before we ever got to know drugs ;)
morning!

fine day this saturday.

Unfortunately, of all drugs cannabis is the most addicting for me. Speed, opiates, alcohol, whatever, I can fight off the urge to abuse and use daily... but cannabis? If I have it, I smoke a little less than a gram daily. Hardly a habit I can afford unless I had some way to grow it... Also, it cuts into my productivity and interest in other activities. To be quite frank, I believe cannabis to be a nearly valueless drug therapeutically, and certainly a hard drug; however, I still advocate full legalization, with concentrates included. I simply believe in the legalization of all drugs though.
I agree. For me, cannabis was definitely a drug of abuse. I smoked every single day for almost five years, by the end I was going through a half eighth every day. Quitting was one of the best decisions I ever made. I stopped smoking about 2 1/2 years ago. Since then, my energy level and memory have improved vastly and my finances are in much better order.

see you guys let your tolerance build, though. i've been smoking daily for a very long time, but i make sure to keep myself to small amounts, and i almost always wait til i come down before i smoke again. i still have plenty of energy and motivation -- i am a full time student and i am working 30 hours a week.

when i was younger i was a lot more wasteful with my smoking habits, but i've found that there really is a way to smoke responsibly every day without it having a negative impact on your life.

over-reliance on drugs is not a good thing either. sometimes it s easy to forget we were chilling out and relaxing way before we ever got to know drugs ;)
morning!

fine day this saturday.
The world is a big place this makes me realize... I still have yet to go to bed, and it's 2am here hahah. I should probably be doing that soon though, I have work in 10 hours.

I agree. For me, cannabis was definitely a drug of abuse. I smoked every single day for almost five years, by the end I was going through a half eighth every day. Quitting was one of the best decisions I ever made. I stopped smoking about 2 1/2 years ago. Since then, my energy level and memory have improved vastly and my finances are in much better order.
I'm in the midst of my first... ten attempts to quit hahah. Though, I'm at a point where I see quitting as my only good option. I can't regulate my cannabis use, it's just not gonna happen. It's time I saw that reality and put an end to my use and abuse. I tried weekend only use... that always turns back into weekday use anyways. Cold turkey is the way I have to go.

willow -- i saw if these trees could talk

Willow is a tree, and he can talk. I can't help but highlight that.

kingme said:
i like the new nikname thorns (NKB). why did you change it?

Well, when I first got the psychiatric help, I ended up in good mental health for a while, like really good, I felt like myself again, or like I used to when things were going well and I still believed in the future, years and years ago. And I always planned on changing my name when that eventually happened, even if these days I am quite NKB-ish. As for the particular moniker, it's from the saying "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses." It's something that I relate to, especially at the time I'd changed it, I felt like re-embracing my acerbic wit and general acrimony that I was once known for. I've kinda reneged on that a lil' but I do try to remember to not spare people's feelings sometimes.

In general, the name means that those who cut you can do so for beautiful reasons, that thorny people can bloom beautifully in their own proper season, and that one person who loves them for that is better than a hundred loving them for affecting a kind and empathetic demeanor. I guess it also represents seeing the silver lining in things, I have a profoundly negative view of of my life, but perhaps the small wonderful moments can make the rest worth it.

Last edited: