tumblr_n9arvj8ocS1s656lbo1_500.jpg

they were that HEAT too
except mine came doublesealed.
these weer on there too, they were around in january
they were DAT HEAT too
tumblr_ne8zopYGXY1rc9ijto1_500.jpg

your heroin update is over, PD

Last edited:
It's raining much needed rain in our drought stricken Golden State. Went walking around in it, smokin' my cigar, getting soaked. For some reason this song is floating around in my head. Drinkin' me a bottle of Morassutti pinot grigio. Drowning in sweet melancholy, hope y'all are having a good day as well.

SONN said:
Idk if I've posted in a minute but the past weekend I literally didn't do any assigned work and I just did lines off tits and asses and had two gypsy raver chicks sleepin in my bed with me.

You made the right decision, there's always work to do, no need to do all of it. Carpe diem, and whatnot.

Hell yeah ^^^ I bloody LOVE a good storm! Haven't had one in ages :( it's been forecast for storms yesterday through til Friday, but so far we've had nothing but sunshine for the most part and a little bit of a sprinkle yesterday along with some groaning from above, but nothing substantiating a 'storm' :(

I'm thankful to be incarnated into a universe in which music exists and as a creature that can appreciate it at the level I can. That is all. <3

Amen, Xorkoth. Amen. Not a day goes by I'm not thankful for music and everything it brings to our lives.

It's like direct emotional manipulation, a spell cast through sound waves that affects us mechanically.

I feel that music must have some meaning beyond symbolism. How can we say that a sequence of discrete frequency's is "sad"? I wonder what our reference point is.

perhaps someone else can elaborate better than me, but the reason a minor third sounds more sad than a major third has to do with the mathematical ratios between the notes. it takes a bit longer for the peaks of the two notes in a minor third to line up, and so it is a bit harsher on the ear drums.

So it's very subtly disharmonic?
Or: the relationship is more imperfect?
And this may create tension while more perfect harmony elates and resolves?

Cool insight. :)

Now try analyzing atonal music in that same vein? 8( =D

I had an informal job interview yesterday at my cousins firm, they build apps from scratch for major clients, I may be accepted to work there as a tester (unpaid at first), then learn to build scripts to do that testing, then ultimately help out in conceptual design or other technical parts.

Relationship is going well <3 It's really something special, its never been this perfect for me. :D

Very busy (but getting professional help) keeping everything together, but going uphill. Still dabbling in psychedelics on the side lol, although I hardly get round to tripping.
Did 2C-B recently though, and twas pleasant!

heya llama long time no see bro,

whats going on with you guys

Last edited:
Glad to hear things are on the up-and-up for you Soli. :) And great to hear about the relationship, a good relationship can really bring so much happiness into your life. <3

For me things are going very well, I've been in a really positive and thankful state of mind recently (as you can tell if you read the social thread =D). Things are going well with my girl, we're getting closer and more at ease with each other and seeing each other quite a bit. It's funny, we started having sex immediately and that's always been really easy and natural but we both have a tendency to be a bit shy, and for myself, it's like the fact that I just met her online and it happened so fast led to a bit of awkwardness at first in terms of hanging out and talking... that's gone now, I'm very at ease with her and it's really cool. :) She's met all of my close friends in town now and they all like her and she likes them... in fact one of my friends in particular LOVES her, she found another girl friend who hula hoops. There has still been no discussion about making anything official or anything like that... we haven't even discussed whether we're exclusive (though I'm not seeing anyone else and I really would be quite surprised if she is). It's really refreshing to me though, those are not things I feel like I need. It feels like this pure thing, unattached to any societal norms or expectations. I have a lot to learn about her still which is also cool... I realized when my friend was asking me questions about her that I don't know a huge amount about her... I just let her tell me stuff when she feels like it, and slowly I'm filling in the gaps, but I like this period of mystery, you can't ever get that back with someone. It's kinda perfect for me at this point in my life, I'm getting all the parts of a relationship that I actually want, and not the parts I don't. We see each other 3-4 times a week which always results in a sleepover, and then I get the other days to myself, and I value that a lot. She's a really independent and self-sufficient person, and wants to stay that way I can tell, and I feel the same way.

Last night I went to my friends' house, the guys I play music with, and they were auditioning a new set drummer... this guy is really cool and a very good drummer. I listened while they recorded their first jam/first time playing together and it was GREAT, it sounded even better in the recording than it did being in the room while they were playing. Then afterwards I jammed with all of them except the new drummer, on my djembe, and it was so much fun and also went really well. Their lead singer/face to the band is a cool guy but he's been sort of non-enthusiastic about me having any part in the band... recently he heard me singing along, I do this thing where I basically do guitar-solo-esque things with my voice, and suddenly he was like whoa, I think I want this guy's input. And last night I played with him on djembe and he was into that, he really liked one of his songs with a djembe rhythm rather than a set rhythm, as an alternate way to play it. So that made me feel good. :)

WHITE GIRL
got it poppin cracka
nah though
gonna see if i cant ge soem amp or methamp

Last edited:
So it's very subtly disharmonic?
Or: the relationship is more imperfect?
And this may create tension while more perfect harmony elates and resolves?

Cool insight. :)

yes slightly more imperfect, but still closer to perfection than say a flatted fifth.

atonal music possibly has some intervals that actually sound more harmonic than just about anything in the classic 12 note system. the 12 note system is pretty imperfect itself, its just the closest easy approximation of perfection.

I hated how when I was addicted to opiates, music brought me no pleasure at all. None. Driving in the quiet, couldn't care less to turn on a tune, that was me. SO glad that is over.

Yeah opiates suck the joy out of everything. I was the same way on opiates. Well I still enjoyed music, I just couldn't be bothered to listen to it. And now my enjoyment is SO MUCH greater.

i like to think I use them in place of opiates when the cravings hit especially.

perhaps someone else can elaborate better than me, but the reason a minor third sounds more sad than a major third has to do with the mathematical ratios between the notes. it takes a bit longer for the peaks of the two notes in a minor third to line up, and so it is a bit harsher on the ear drums.

yeah man it blows my mind how mathematical music is

like for instance the reason that hitting two tones that are a semitone apart at the same time (like Ab and A at the same time, etc) sounds dissonant is because the frequencies are too close for the brain to tell them apart, and it kind of oscillates between thinking they're the same and thinking they're different.

that's actually one of the reasons that jazz "sounds like jazz" because maj7 chords have the 7th a semitone under the root and m7 chords have the 7th a semitone above the 5th. that dissonance is what makes those chords sound "jazzier" than triads.

I feel that music must have some meaning beyond symbolism. How can we say that a sequence of discrete frequency's is "sad"? I wonder what our reference point is.

i do think a lot of our musical associations are learned cultural artifacts though. for instance, eastern musicians (like in india, etc) don't even hear the major-minor duality like we do, because in essence it's a made-up construct that we have to learn. dividing an octave into 12 semitones is really kind of arbitrary, to actually divide it equally in terms of frequency it should be divided into 15 semitones. eastern musicians actually call western music "out of tune music", and lots of them can't even listen to it because it sounds totally wrong to them (how weird to think like "oh yeah, bach. he was a great out-of-tune musician" lol).

actually, for instance, all pianos are tuned a little differently. it's really dependent on the taste of the piano tuner. sometimes if i'm playing with one of my m8s and he's on his keyboard, and then we play later at his house and he's on his piano, it takes me a while to adjust and it will sound out of tune to me for a while because the tunings are slightly different. before i realized that i thought i was going nuts lol

Status
Not open for further replies.