View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Thread: Engage the digital super banana

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to mirmont it was nice for a rehab according to everyone whod been to rehab many times that was there.

and vortech we should definitely link up at free form!

I just read about all the medicinal benefits of hops..... i needs me my medicine lol cant wait to drink a strong hoppy beer sometime soon

We have a cat that in this household, it is not mine nor do I have pictures of it. Maybe I'll take one for ya.

xork said:
Let me know if you guys actually listen to these when I post them, I'm never sure.

I listen to some of them, including this most recent one. You guys are actually making decent music, there are people who can't manage that with composed pieces, much less while jamming. Keep postin' it.

Having a ton of fun visiting my sister and brother-in-law in the SF bay area. :) Last night we basically went bar hopping, got drunk, and ate tacos. Tonight I got to meet one of their friends, a super cool / funny / nice guy. He's really into statistics, and keeps records and databases of pretty much everything. We played a board game, and afterward he asked us to score our enjoyment of the game from 1-10, and recorded our ratings in a table, which he apparently updates every time anybody plays one of the... hundreds...? of games he owns. :D

I'm pained though, because tomorrow I'm gonna have to go back to my comparatively dismal and lonely life at home... :(

yYzdX7O.jpg

SJxaH4v.jpg

Loving all the cat pictures. :)

I really want to let Maggie go outside but Miss Willow think not... I think I'll give her a try in a week or so. She bolted out last night after I stonedly forgot that she existed and left the back door open but I caught her before she vanished. She looks outside so longingly though! :(

They are very amusing cats, how haughty and disdainful they can be and then you scratch their throat and they seem to lose the ability to stand upright. Flick their tail in your face one minute and then rub beards for the next five :D

I went to mirmont it was nice for a rehab according to everyone whod been to rehab many times that was there.

and vortech we should definitely link up at free form!

I just read about all the medicinal benefits of hops..... i needs me my medicine lol cant wait to drink a strong hoppy beer sometime soon

Can't speak of beer, but I used to take hops regulalry for anxiety. Seriously, it did absolutely nothing for that and its meant to be known for having anxiolytic properties.

Beer is another matter :)

I really want to let Maggie go outside but Miss Willow think not... I think I'll give her a try in a week or so. She bolted out last night after I stonedly forgot that she existed and left the back door open but I caught her before she vanished. She looks outside so longingly though! :(

does she have a collar / tag at least?

They are very amusing cats, how haughty and disdainful they can be

I wonder why we impute these human qualities to cats? Surely a cat can't have anything resembling "disdain" for humans. Or can they?

Can't speak of beer, but I used to take hops regulalry for anxiety. Seriously, it did absolutely nothing for that and its meant to be known for having anxiolytic properties.

Maybe it's just the psychological association with beer. If you don't drink enough beer, hops won't do anything for you.

Well... it was a fascinating day, and if I can remember it (like we all do) then I know where to find it.

Xorky -- I saw your shadow between the door and the jamb to the attic. I'm going to go up there in a minute.

You trippin right now? I got a feelin you are, and you just answered me. lol

I was tripping then. :) I was reading Dune while unable to sleep from a DOC day at that particular time.

I listen to some of them, including this most recent one. You guys are actually making decent music, there are people who can't manage that with composed pieces, much less while jamming. Keep postin' it.

Cool, thanks. :) I'm glad you enjoy it. We're thinking to start a band that just jams, doesn't even have composed songs except for every one that we play which will be unique every time. I know I'd love to see a band whenever I could that did that, because to me the spontaneous creation of music is one of the most beautiful things. I respect when people write songs and perform/record them, and I probably want to do that at some point too, but it's not what I am the most into. Increasingly I find we're spontaneously creating what sound like composed pieces but are really jams, and it fascinates me.

Loving all the cat pictures. :)

Yeah my cats want to be outside and I feel bad but I don't let them out... reason being, I did start letting them out and my female cat just got into fights with every animal she found and she started eating evry single plant she saw, and got herself pretty sick... my male cat would run off after squirrels and disappear for hours and almost got eaten by coyotes once, and he's a lover and not a fighter and got torn up a bit by another cat once too who insisted on fighting him. It's too much stress for me and they tend to live shorter lives outside.

I wonder why we impute these human qualities to cats? Surely a cat can't have anything resembling "disdain" for humans. Or can they?

Cats definitely can feel disdain, and love, and amusement, and fear, and contentment... at least. They're quite guarded but can be quite emotional too. I think people interpret them as emotionless simply because they are not as similar in their emotional expression to humans as dogs are. IMO, mammals share a large base of emotional states, we are not special in being able to feel these emotions, we're simply able to experience them on an intellectual level (and because of this our range of emotions is probably significantly more complex).

They sure can feel pain and sadness too... My 19 y/o cat is going through it right now due to late stage kidney failure..it has been hard but we have finally decided to end his suffering since we know his condition won't be improving. He has been my best friend for more than half my life :(

Hey guys! Just checking to say I took 120mg of 5-mapb tonight and WOW. Yeah. Love you all ?

Guys my girlfriend just got prescribed Lithium.

I have such conflicted feelings about it. I mean, yeah, I'm happy that she's getting the mental help that she needs. She's gone unmedicated for too long and I do agree that she needs to be on something. But Lithium? I mean...shit...that's some pretty serious shit right?

In addition to being a pretty strong med, Lithium is very dangerous to combine with serotenergic psychs. We won't be able to take psychedelics together, and that bums me out :/ I really think her mood disorder would stabilize just fine with Lyrica or Gabapentin, which have no negative interaction with psychedelics that I know of.

Is it selfish of me to want her to switch her meds so that we can trip together? We have taken MDMA and mushrooms in the past and had beautiful experiences. To think that we'll never get to experience DMT or LSD or roll together ever again...I mean, I do want what's best for her, but that puts a big ole frown on my face :/

Does anybody ITT have any advice? Words of wisdom? Input, opinions or just general comments? My plan is to stick by her and support her no matter what. As long as she remains open to me taking psychedelics then that truly is the most important part. Still, I feel that tripping with a partner enables you to have a connection that, simply put, couldn't be there otherwise.

Hey. At least we can still do ketamine though :) We both love us some k!

EDIT: Completely unrelated, but I just listened to some of Xorkoth's jams and wow, @xork you guys are really fucking good and I sincerely mean that man! Keep it up :D

Last edited:
In my second-hand experience with lithium (housemate was on it for a bit) - fuck that shit. I don't want to give advice as to how you should go about this situation (if any 'action' should be taken at all, that is), but I know I'd be in a very troubled position if I were in your shoes. I wouldn't want her on it. Not at all. I don't even want people I know taking that shit, even if we're not real friends.

Not that I think I'll ever find myself in a position where I could be prescribed antidepressants/mood stabilisers....but if I were, I certainly wouldn't even entertain the idea of lithium. I wouldn't even joke about it. If the word was uttered by whomever I was seeing for my condition, I'd get up and walk the fuck out without paying them a cent.

My (absolutely inexperienced) 2c.

In my second-hand experience with lithium (housemate was on it for a bit) - fuck that shit. I don't want to give advice as to how you should go about this situation (if any 'action' should be taken at all, that is), but I know I'd be in a very troubled position if I were in your shoes. I wouldn't want her on it. Not at all. I don't even want people I know taking that shit, even if we're not real friends.

Not that I think I'll ever find myself in a position where I could be prescribed antidepressants/mood stabilisers....but if I were, I certainly wouldn't even entertain the idea of lithium. I wouldn't even joke about it. If the word was uttered by whomever I was seeing for my condition, I'd get up and walk the fuck out without paying them a cent.

My (absolutely inexperienced) 2c.

Woah :O

May I ask what makes you say that? You've made it quite clear that you're not a fan of Lithium, but didn't really explain why. Do tell if you will, I'm quite curious.

I am actually on a mood stabilizer myself. I take Gabapentin 300mg pills three times daily. It has done nothing except improve my life, it has not affected my psychedelic use in any way. Gabapentin and Lithium are EXTREMELY different, however.

It's mostly anecdotal, and as I said it's second hand as it was my housemate...he pretty much said it worked as intended for a while, before eventually his emotions in every sense of the word were flat. Sure, significantly reduced manic swings, but he couldn't enjoy anything any more. It stopped his depression well enough (for a while at least), but in the long term didn't allow for any true positive emotion. He became somewhat withdrawn, and when it stopped having so much of a positive effect, he wound up depressed anyway as a result.

Also caused weight gain (albeit fluid retention), which made emotions worse.

The idea of being unable to trip pissed him off too.

I will admit I don't particularly have true reason for my opinion of lithium; I only have what my housemate has shared, and his words were enough to worry me. Even while I can't remember all the details of his time on it, I do remember the 'moral of the story' so to speak, as that's a message that sunk in.

He'd more happily 'deal with' his manic bipolar ups and downs - and the irony is that OFF lithium, he can actually obtain that emotion of happiness.

Don't take what I'm saying too strongly though. Like I said, second hand. Never been on antidepressants, and have only gone through a stage of true "depression" once (not counting minor MDMA abuse, lol), so I can't really comment as to whether it's worth it or not....but again, all I will say, is that from my second hand experience with a housemate on the stuff - not for me, ever.

EDIT: Completely unrelated, but I just listened to some of Xorkoth's jams and wow, @xork you guys are really fucking good and I sincerely mean that man! Keep it up :D

Thanks man. :) I just got home from doing another one, didn't record it though. I'm really excited about it though, we've decided to do a new band that just jams and creates spontaneous music, with as many contributors as we can (but a core 4 group which is the ensemble you hear in almost every one I've posted). Tomorrow or Thursday we've doing another recording session with it.

It's mostly anecdotal, and as I said it's second hand as it was my housemate...he pretty much said it worked as intended for a while, before eventually his emotions in every sense of the word were flat. Sure, significantly reduced manic swings, but he couldn't enjoy anything any more. It stopped his depression well enough (for a while at least), but in the long term didn't allow for any true positive emotion. He became somewhat withdrawn, and when it stopped having so much of a positive effect, he wound up depressed anyway as a result.

Also caused weight gain (albeit fluid retention), which made emotions worse.

The idea of being unable to trip pissed him off too.

I will admit I don't particularly have true reason for my opinion of lithium; I only have what my housemate has shared, and his words were enough to worry me. Even while I can't remember all the details of his time on it, I do remember the 'moral of the story' so to speak, as that's a message that sunk in.

He'd more happily 'deal with' his manic bipolar ups and downs - and the irony is that OFF lithium, he can actually obtain that emotion of happiness.

Don't take what I'm saying too strongly though. Like I said, second hand. Never been on antidepressants, and have only gone through a stage of true "depression" once (not counting minor MDMA abuse, lol), so I can't really comment as to whether it's worth it or not....but again, all I will say, is that from my second hand experience with a housemate on the stuff - not for me, ever.

Right on. Well thanks for the info man - I appreciate any advice on the subject, anecdotal or otherwise.

Yeah the more I read about Lithium the more I'm scared of and turned off by it...I just keep hearing all these negative things. She's only been on it for a week or so and hasn't noticed any real differences other than nausea and lethargy.

She said she may talk to her psych about getting put on a different mood stabilizer. Then again, she doesn't even know what she wants, and will probably listen to her psychiatrist above anyone...the blind faith people have in docs is frustrating. I like to think that I know her better than a stranger who she talked to for an hour, but that stranger is the one legally allowed to prescribe her medication, not me. Not that I have enough knowledge to be a psychiatrist, but I think that she's a strong enough person to work through some of her issues with the help of, I dunno, anything but Lithium lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.