• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: Somatic Swirly Sepia Summer Sausage Stage Set Suppository

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 of my really good friends collect vinyls. One of them, my guitar player in my band, has In the Court of the Crimson King. Found it at a record store a while back. It's pretty epic. He also found Pink Floyd's Meddle, which I had somehow missed as even existing. Great fucking album, actually I prefer it to pretty much any other Pink Floyd, it has a lot of the weirdness of early Pink Floyd but it's post-Syd and it's all focused into a beautiful album with no parts that are hard to listen to (unlike their earlier stuff). But totally before their modern sound for which they are best known, which I love too, but Meddle is way more varied.

Vinyl sounds so much better than any other medium since. Analog sound technology records precisely, whereas anything digital is an approximation no matter how advanced and well-done.

^Vinyl does sound better. But, vinyl can't actually replicate ultra low frequencies, you need a phono input which boosts bass. Hence the typical warm sound. Most valve gear sounds superb, analogue synths rock.

Im a collector of vinyl as well! Imo any self-respecting audiophile will find himself eventually liking the analog sound, especially when it's 180g vinyls on a good cartridge paired with a tube preamp! ;) And the process of loading, tuning it and watching the needle just becomes almost ritualistic!
I bought a used 1979 Technics SL-1500 automatic for $150 on ebay and replaced the signal cable and tuning resistors, lubed the motor, now its like new, added AT-95E cartridge for another $40, paired it with my bluetube preamp (with RIAA equalization) and I can definitely hear the difference between good vinyls and even 96khz 24bit hi-res flacs (I use 24bit 192Khz E-MU 0404 sound interface) - the vinyls just have more details and sound "warmer" imo. The album of Innerspeaker by Tame Impala 180g vinyl sounds very atmospheric! :D

^Vinyl does sound better. But, vinyl can't actually replicate ultra low frequencies, you need a phono input which boosts bass. Hence the typical warm sound. Most valve gear sounds superb, analogue synths rock.

Yeah I've got an analog synth, it does indeed rock. :)

2 of my really good friends collect vinyls. One of them, my guitar player in my band, has In the Court of the Crimson King. Found it at a record store a while back. It's pretty epic. He also found Pink Floyd's Meddle, which I had somehow missed as even existing. Great fucking album, actually I prefer it to pretty much any other Pink Floyd, it has a lot of the weirdness of early Pink Floyd but it's post-Syd and it's all focused into a beautiful album with no parts that are hard to listen to (unlike their earlier stuff). But totally before their modern sound for which they are best known, which I love too, but Meddle is way more varied.

Vinyl sounds so much better than any other medium since. Analog sound technology records precisely, whereas anything digital is an approximation no matter how advanced and well-done.
Meddle was the first Floyd album I bought on vinyl actually, tis definitely a classic. Side B is epic. I'm honestly more of a Syd-era fan, but they put out good stuff all the way through the early 80s, which is more than most any late sixties band can claim.

I don't have a good sound setup, my current speakers and player pale in comparison to the combined setup my ol' roomy and I used to share. He had the speakers and stereo, I had the record player. He busted my player one night while hammered though, so for the time being I've been relegated to a cheap setup. When I find better employment I'm sure I'll upgrade both my speakers and turntable, as well pick up collecting again. I've only bought one record over the entire course of 2016 (a good copy of the Dead's first album) and that's a real darn shame.

Had a really intense experience with DXM this weekend. Can't really believe this drug is legal, although I guess you have to abuse the recommended dosage to get recreational effects from it. Very underrated substance though. I never mixed it with pot before, which is what really knocked my socks off. Listened to this on headphones, which is where things got ridiculous:

Anyone else get alot from lower doses of DXM? I think I'm a poor metabolizer, which works to my advantage in these situations.

I've only taken it a few times. I get terrible nausea from DXM, intense vomiting. I like the effects though but I can never hold it down.

But yeah, Venetian Snares is good stuff. :)

I'm trying some different hobbies. I really wanna make my own instruments. Thinking of learning candle making or glass blowing. I've started to collect vinyl which is expensive but satisfying. I too want to do stuff that's not drugs.

Heading to Europe next year hopefully!

@vinyl: I'd like to one day get timecode vinyl and good sound cards and hook up a system that just lets you play tracks from your computer (FLAC or what have you). Maybe there is a difference in the physical effects that may be going on in the actual grooves unique to each vinyl track but hey.. I'll settle for time code, I can't afford to buy vinyl anymore - way too much techno etc that's getting old. Techno from a pretty epic era though.

come visit in Europe! :p

I found actual DXM powder (not extract; pre-pharmaceutical) to be a lot different than cough syrup and derivations thereof especially with regards to side effects (GI/etc-some of which are innate to taking DXM but also many of which can be put down to ingesting that horrible stuff),and, while this is probably a placeb (nocebo) effect,the experience to be much cleaner, too, although who knows about taking the other shit in cough syrup (not speaking of active drugs but rather syrups, colors, flavors, whatever) in large amounts, could easily give one a headache and feeling a bit crappy; I never did like DXM but once I took ~750(iirc)mg of the pure product, it was like a different drug, much more "trippy" in an LSD-like sense with a touch of ketamine, much less just "fucked up" generally

I agree, I took the pure powder once, 350mg I think. I found even 250-300mg in syrup to be very heavy, stoning, unpleasant, but 350mg of pure powder was quite light, I enjoyed it a lot more than syrup but I was surprised by how much less intense it felt in my body.

I've lost my voice completely, I could talk some this morning but then my boss (who I told I was about to lose my voice) was like, I need to talk to you for a minute, I know you can't talk much, and proceeded to ask me questions for a half hour, and now it's just about gone, I can whisper with difficulty, and I feel the inflammation, feels like something is pushing on the inside of my throat (which it is, my voice box). Laryngitis I suppose, by definition. Feels weird not being able to talk, like I have a pet sitter coming to have a pre-me-leaving-for-Christmas consultation tomorrow afternoon, I would try to reschedule but I can't talk on the phone either.

It's weird because last week I felt sick, and this weekend I felt 95% better, but started to get hoarse. Now I feel like 85%, a little worse than the weekend but a lot better than last week, but my voice is gone.

Stimulants often clear up colds and things. Or mask them. Meth is a genuine cure though... :\

Shits, its been years since I've taken that garbage. I cannot imagine taking it again. I mean, each to their own but I think meth is fucking dirty.

So am I! We have been prepping miss willows property for some new renters, its been vacant forva while. I've been on and in the roof, under the house, discovering horrible spiders and dead things. I am fucking exhausted. Its a fucking shitbox, she should sell it but it was a gift from her grandma and she feels a connection for that reason. I like gardening but not like this!! :|

Almost done thank Ghostbusters.

I miss meth, but I sure as hell don't miss the person I became while I was using it. I'd like to say "never again," but I think the most truthful commitment I can make is "not for now." I suppose that's what recovery is - saying "not for now" every day, day after day, until hopefully one day I can say "never again" and not be lying to myself.

This girl I'm really into (Sara) has rescheduled on me a few times now... I really hope I'm not just failing to take a hint here. But she's still been communicative via txt and has had legit reasons each time, so hopefully it's just a matter of bad luck and busy schedules. I haven't been getting "I'm just waiting for you to give up and fuck off" vibes from her, and as long as seeing her again is on the table, I'm not about to give up. Maybe I should message some new people on OKC just so all my emotional eggs aren't in one basket, but I can't help feeling that would be unfair to anyone else I schedule dates with, because I can't imagine meeting anyone I like half as much as I like Sara, so they would pretty much be 'backup options' and that seems like a shitty thing to do to someone. Ugh... Dating really sucks, but I'm also really sick of being single, so it's a necessary evil.

Edit: she also hasn't logged into OKC in a couple weeks, which lends credence to the "she's just been really busy" angle. At least she doesn't seem to be actively searching for better options, which seems like a good sign. Yes, I'm way overthinking every aspect of this - but that's kinda what I do ;)

Last edited:
I'm an over thinker myself but ridiculously so when it comes to females and all of them can see right through it and are always slightly annoyed with me but so it goes I suppose.
Meth is a fucking epidemic in my area right now. Until recently meth was the one drug I was never going try because I don't trust these backwood cooks. Then I was shown a piece that looked like it was straight from the set of Breaking Bad and tried once and am by no means ever going to touch the shit again. I tend go hard with anything hits the serotonin so it's a big no for me.

Anyways, it's good to see that for the most part that everyone is still around. You guys probably don't remember me as all I did was post incoherently while on massive doses of mxe. It's been awhile since I posted so I just figured I would stop by and say that I fucking love you guys, ok?

Last edited:
I remember you, what's up man, how you doing? :)

Stimulants often clear up colds and things. Or mask them. Meth is a genuine cure though... :\

Shits, its been years since I've taken that garbage. I cannot imagine taking it again. I mean, each to their own but I think meth is fucking dirty.

I did meth 3 times, all in the same year (my ex-neighbor/friend did it sometimes - Possibly RIP D, if not, hope you're better off now). I smoked it each time. Each time I found the high to be pretty good, although certainly not even in my top 3 stimulants (I prefer dexamp to be honest, in high doses anyway). The reason I feel it's garbage is that the comedown was by far the worst I have experienced from a stimulant, all 3 times. I'd feel quite good for a couple of hours, then pretty good for like 5 more, then SO FUCKING BAD for a long time. Each time it left me feeling absolute disgust at meth as a drug, thinking about it for weeks would make me feel negative. Absolutely no desire to do it again until the dust settled and I "forgot" how bad the crash was (ie, convinced myself it wasn't so bad). I honestly doubt I will ever do it again.

Well guys, my voice is totally gone today, I'm pretty annoyed that my boss made me talk to him for a half hour yesterday because it fucked my vocal cords. I'm going to just not talk for at least a whole day. Also not smoke weed or do any drugs (I was already following this for the past couple of days). I've smoked weed one day out of the past 7, and also drank 1 day out of the past 7, and man, I really sleep lightly without weed and/or alcohol. All last night it felt like I only sort of slept, and I had dream after dream after dream. Some of them were pretty cool and some were stressful. But honestly it was almost as intense and vivid as when I did ibogaine and uncontrollably dreamed for days, except when I would wake up I wouldn't keep dreaming, and the dreams were just normal my-brain-style weird, not extremely bizarre ibogaine-style weird. I had to get up to pee a bunch of times for some reason, and every time when I'd lay back down, as soon as I closed my eyes I'd start semi-dreaming again. A lot of the time I was half aware I was dreaming, but I'd go in and out of that. The night seemed to last so long. I do feel fairly rested but it feels like I never got into deep sleep at all. I'm tempted to take some etizolam tonight because it knocks me right out, but I don't want to start getting into a habit of using it for sleep, and anyway I enjoy the vivid dreaming, but I'm pretty used to nights feeling short and sweet, rather than long and restless and at times tedious.

I remember you, what's up man

,how're you doing?:)

I'm decent. Thanks for asking. I backed tracked a little bit and am happy to see how far you and your girl have come :). It's funny how you worded that meth wasn't even in your top three. The first thought that came into my head was that this is nice but I can think of 3 different RC's that I'd rate higher on the stim/enjoy scale. On a different note I'm happy to say I spent 4months of my bluelight hiatus completely clean which was completely refreshing. Unfortunately I work with a lot of addicts and am now in the process of a Quick taper. I've been lifting weights hardcore through opiate withdrawal while tapering off of benzos and really does make me feel much better for awhile afterwords. A good friend and I were training together to fight in an MMA match in January but I fucked that up. I guess the bright side is that I'll have more time to train and mental prepare myself to fight in front of that many people(agoraphobic)

Last edited:
Aw, well don't beat yourself up, shit happens. The important thing is to keep trying. :)

Thanks, yeah we have come far. She'll be back from Cali finally on the 13th, I can't wait. Then a few days after that we're going to visit my family for the holidays. I'm kinda nervous about it because although she's met my immediate family and one of my friends from back there, she has yet to meet my extended family or my best friend, and she will be doing both. And some of them are pretty intense, and all of them are pretty loud, and I don't know, it's just a little unnerving. I'm sure it will be fine though.

^Mine are very intense and loud in my extended family as well, it was indeed quite a shock to my girlfriend. Luckily she puts up with it hahah

I wish she could meet my father's side, but they live too far away at the moment. They're much mellower and understanding.

Wow after all those years she still hasn't met a side of your family? Doesn't make feel so bad about 2 years then!

Yeah much of my family is, it's really just one cousin and 2 uncles I worry about. They are always trying to embarrass people and give them shit, and they say just about anything that pops in their minds. My immediate family and pretty much the rest of the family, while they can be loud, is polite and nice and considerate. It was still a bit of a culture shock for my girl to meet my parents though because they're what you'd definitely call yuppies, very very mainstream, but she was raised by hippies and grew up among hippies (like the environmental activist kind who try to live off the grid and mistrust anything mainstream, her dad got investigated by the FBI quite a number of years ago for his potential involvement in an act of "terrorism" against forest levelling machines which he denies but we're not sure). And the rest of my extended family is like my parents except half of them are loudly republican, pro-gun, and racist to boot.

I'm really excited for her to meet one of my good friends though, he and his wife live in this great, really old mansion he bought and it's always the most fun, chill time over there, I think she'll love it and they've been wanting to meet her for 2 years now. :)

My best friend I'm only nervous about because he introduced me to my ex and he was also the first who tried to make me realize how bad that situation was, and as soon as I told him I had a new girlfriend he was like dude, what the fuck, and he's half convinced it's going to be a similar kind of situation, so I think he's going to be looking for any sort of faults. Not that he'll find any, it just makes me nervous. He's like my brother, actually he's been my best friend since before my actual brother was born. I actually haven't seen him myself since right when me and my girl first started dating, it's been 2 years.

Thumbs up to dexamp. 50mg coursing through the flesh as we speak. :)

So tired though!

remind me sometime to tell you about the time that I met my sort-of-girlfriend's father who was federal LE. oh might as well do it now. all this while I was not too deep in the game but deep enough to be like feds whoa back tf off.

but I was crazy about her. she had a twin sister too. I say sort-of-girlfriend because we had a deep connection and talked a lot and stuff and she went as far as to visit me in my home during the summer (remember I lived in the same town I went to college, college being where I met her) and he drove her and her twin sister (to act as whatever the female equivalent of a wingman is I guess? or just to watch over?) up and I had to do my darnedest to stand up straight and make eye contact and look straight in the eye and all that and yes sir I will take good care of your daughter or whatever;

I remember a lot of drinking and drugging in secret so she wouldn't see (like she was dumb, she definitely was not that) and then going on this trip to WAL★MART with one of my degenerate ass friends to buy all the ingredients for this fancy meal I cooked for all of them and some other friends that were there it was something around cilantro lime chicken, I don't properly remember, but it was good af and involved multiple courses and me wearing an apron and frying shit in a wok and stuff it was pretty special

it ended, of course, in I am in love with you but cannot love you or some shit like that; now this is one that I wanted to take home to meet mom & dad and was total prime wifey white picket fence quit drugs and wear a tie to work every day just to say honey I'm home and give her a kiss type material but ah well. she still basically remains that picture in my head against any alternative is judged. she's married now, and shit; but has a pretty flourishing business in interior design, I think her husband's a lawyer and loaded or something but she does it to keep doing her own thing which is pretty cool, originally though she wanted to be the lawyer, the international human rights shit or whatever, but we all do get cut down to size. nothing wrong with that. nothing wrong with interior design. she actually has a blog about it and the stuff she's done is really fucking cool.

my parents met a few of my girlfriends, some more serious than not; the most serious of them I guess being ███████ in a certain way, they loved her, she loved my grandma in particular, I think they were thinking marriage and grandkids and stuff and it didn't turn out that way (the grandkid; my son, that at that time I didn't know I had turned out a totally different way and, tbh, I was kind of upset that when I went to see them at Thanksgiving they didn't ask after him or anything, I guess it's something they kind of put out of mind ...) ... the other major one was at my favorite bar in my hometown where I'm pretty sure my dad was pretty wasted and wanted to hit on her and kept talking about how she was "unconventially gorgeous in a really special way and I dig that" or some shit

family...

Status
Not open for further replies.