• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: Firly Swolks Discussing Mitillating Tatters Fithout Wilters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys for the thoughts. I'm going to attribute a lot of my complete lack of fear to extensive psychedelic use, as well as a number of NDEs, OBEs, and existential crises throughout the years (Dark Night of The Soul anyone?) Really the only anxiety I have felt is uncertainty. Needless to say, today's appointment and accompanying answers will be very relieving.

I just smoked a cigarette for the first time in weeks. The combination of mild opiate buzz with a fuck-it-all attitude was too perfect this morning. I won't make a habit of it this time. Gotta tax my body as little as possible....That's why I quit in the first place, sure don't want to give myself cancer!

It seems like you are on one hell of a trip man. I don't mean to undermine the pain... sounds like you are going through a hell of a lot in a short period of time. It seems to me that you are keeping positive and bright. That is really great. Enjoy the cig and opiate buzz dude, I got a pretty good high going on myself and I'm about to practice some yin yoga after messing around with my essential oils, probably jam some guitar later today.

Thanks guys for the thoughts. I'm going to attribute a lot of my complete lack of fear to extensive psychedelic use, as well as a number of NDEs, OBEs, and existential crises throughout the years (Dark Night of The Soul anyone?) Really the only anxiety I have felt is uncertainty. Needless to say, today's appointment and accompanying answers will be very relieving.

I just smoked a cigarette for the first time in weeks. The combination of mild opiate buzz with a fuck-it-all attitude was too perfect this morning. I won't make a habit of it this time. Gotta tax my body as little as possible....That's why I quit in the first place, sure don't want to give myself cancer!

Keep us posted mate. <3

Sending good thoughts your way vortech. <3 I assume you're in a lot of pain then? Sorry man, I have a fear that I will have something happen that will require me to live with chronic pain and I'll get on opiates again. I really don't want that. But on the other hand, if the alternative is pain, well, that's what they're for, huh?

Every time I think I might be healing, the pain meds wear off and I'm back to 'ow I can't move'. I don't like how I have another bug on my back for this, but feeding the bug is a small price to pay for the power of mobility.

Every time I think I might be healing, the pain meds wear off and I'm back to 'ow I can't move'. I don't like how I have another bug on my back for this, but feeding the bug is a small price to pay for the power of mobility.

opiates were very much a silver lining when i had cancer. by the end of it i was so tired of being on them that i weaned off of my own volition. the doctor was surprised when i asked to. but it definitely made things better for a long time.

been checking this thread throughout the day anxious to hear your results. what did you hear?

Wishing you the best of luck, vortech. <3 Keep us posted.

In other news... RIP net neutrality. I wonder what's gonna happen? I'm holding out hope that competition between ISPs will keep them from overstepping any major boundaries... And hey, maybe they'll even invest some of the extra profits in something good. We'll see, though. :\

The issue is most areas of the US currently have a near monopoly on internet providers. Comcast doesn't go where Time Warner does, etc and the little guys hardly matter.

Has anyone written about how the language of cinema influences the way we experience our psychedelic trips? Since it's nearly impossible to completely rid ourselves of the influence of movies on our day-to-day perception of the world and of our personal lives, I find it's something that I've been worth investigating, especially in relation to dramatic reactions to psychedelics, which can be so... cinematic. Are there still people deep in the Amazon who have never seen a film and who use psychedelics? How do their experiences differ from those of industrialized people? That sort thing.

(I expect the answer will be no, but if there's an article out there on the subject, I'd love to read it!)

Man I made a great call in crypto and invested in XVG (Verge) right before it took off... in one day my entire total investment has more than doubled (XVG has almost tripled but I've got other coins too) and it's spiking the hardest so far right now, basically following an exponential curve. Went from ~$300M total market cap to over $800M right now, in less than 24 hours. In the last hour or so it people put another $100M in. Crazy, I finally made a good call. Let's see where it goes... once it levels off and it seems like it won't keep getting bigger I'll trade it all in for bitcoin. I also have a bunch of Ripple which has been exploding, it's on a downturn right now but I believe it will go way up again very soon when it starts being offered on Coinbase. It kinda kills me because I used to have 5000 Ripple when it was like 11 cents per coin but I sold it all for some random altcoin that ended up tanking and I lost a bunch of money. Now I've got about 900 of them. I am estimating that my initial $700 investment is going to end up at $4-5k. Then I'll flip it back into BTC which is basically just steadily, reliably rising.

Crazy world we live in, where in a single day an investment can double or triple. Wish I had had access to a lot more, ultimately hundreds of dollars isn't too huge but it sure feels nice to finally be getting a handle on the whole thing.

I just starting to get into cryptocurrency investing. I never really considered doing it until recently. I looked at how much bitcoin I've bought, and it would be worth $150,000 right now if I had kept it instead of just using it for buying drugs. Earlier this week I signed up for Coinbase and tried to buy a few litecoins when they were around $150 but my bank automatically cancelled the transaction. I checked the price of LTC a day or two later to see that the price had already doubled. I ended up buying some bitcoin at a bitcoin ATM and converting it to other currencies. Now I have some Litecoin, Ripple, Dash, and Xtrabytes. I'll probably get a few more. Verge is one I'm thinking about but I don't want to buy in the middle of a price spike. I'm also looking at NavCoin, RaiBlocks and Cardano.

Yeah, the money I've made on Bitcoin so far is enticing, and almost makes me want to start getting into other assets like stocks... but realistically, I don't think I'm cut out to be an investing shark.

Guys, kava can actually be kinda trippy. I'm enjoying 8 tablespoons of Mahakea. :) And it has some vaguely cannabis-like introspection and music enhancement.

Guys, kava can actually be kinda trippy. I'm enjoying 8 tablespoons of Mahakea. :) And it has some vaguely cannabis-like introspection and music enhancement.

Definitely. Kava is one of the few substances at my local health food store that has a very definite psychoactive effect on me.

It's the nausea that turns me off to it. I've found that if I take it with a heaping spoonful of ginger powder in warm water, then eat a light meal about 45 minutes later (right before it kicks in), it can alleviate MOST of the queasiness anyway.

I'm sure that cannabis would settle my stomach completely, but for whatever reason I've never had the two of those together.

I tend to stick with the milder herbs these days: Skullcap, chamomile, catnip, lemon balm, lavender, etc. I make tea out of them and usually smoke a little as well. Valerian root is supposed to be relaxing as well, but it tastes like total @$$.

I stay away from St. John's wort and passionflower, because they contain mild MAOI's and I take an SSRI (Lexapro) for my depression.

Happy Herbing!!! :D
Dreamflyer

What a weird day. I spent all morning cleaning our cars and moving junk from my parent's place, sober as a judge. My fiance, who never uses any drugs, ate my last wax candy and is laying on the couch zoning out with some tv :| I'm trying to get off herb for a while so I can pass a drug test if necessary for a new job :\

Has anyone written about how the language of cinema influences the way we experience our psychedelic trips? Since it's nearly impossible to completely rid ourselves of the influence of movies on our day-to-day perception of the world and of our personal lives, I find it's something that I've been worth investigating, especially in relation to dramatic reactions to psychedelics, which can be so... cinematic. Are there still people deep in the Amazon who have never seen a film and who use psychedelics? How do their experiences differ from those of industrialized people? That sort thing.

(I expect the answer will be no, but if there's an article out there on the subject, I'd love to read it!)

I guess everything you do affects your trips. I guess cultural references in general are a very powerful influence for all the aspects of your consciousness/subconcioussness.

I have had a couple of trips where I wonder how much my understanding of them, as well as my approach to them, is influenced by browsing this kind of forums.

Strange few days, I used oxycodone pretty heavily... over 100mg anyway each day for 5 days so I am a little sick today. Not too bad, I am focussing on going about my day to day activities without having the physical irritation affect my energy. So far, that is going well. I'm out of pills and not bedridden yet so the more active and healthy I am, the faster I will get back to where the space I was at about a week ago. 2 - 3 days max I'd say knowing me.

Ended up having my next date, was really nice. Didn't mean to make a date of it we met up with our boss and his family, it was just us so I asked her if she wanted to grab tea afterwards. Ended up hanging out in nice area of town through the afternoon into night. We are making plans to visit nyc together should be fun! She'll be away for like a month. I want to practice guitar today make some tripped out tunes but if there ever was a day for a movie marathon... lol. Just need to find some good movies maybe scary ones so I feel better about being sick in bed. I guess this is my version of the flu that everyone keeps getting around here. I never getting that type of sick. This could work in my favour, nice little warning now get that harry potter going.

HO HO HO Lovely Folks of the PD Forum!!

Santa is just popping by to say hello.

He hopes you've all written up your gift list and sent it to the North Pole for his Elves to work through.

Otherwise come sit on my knee in my GROTTO and tell me what you want

<3 Lots of Love and Festive Joy!! <3

Ho! Ho! Ho!

animated-santa-claus-image-0420.gif

What up Santa? Hey, what happens if I've been naughty and nice this year?

^I want to know that too.

I like to get high as fuck during the holiday season. I am just coming off a 5 day oxycodone binge and feel like shit. I am probably going to get a gram of good white for Christmas.

Will it still be a good time? Especially if I throw in a couple new psychedelics to try, some good old dmt, and maybe some dpt as well? Sounds like a pretty damn good time myself, already getting the opiate withdrawal part out of the way before the real holidays hit.

I get high as fuck for Christmas haha. I was in the clouds these past few days, my date was lovely and finally happened. Randomly... we were out to lunch with out boss and his family and yeah just had to ask her for tea. Couldn't let her get away haha. We ended up having beer and it was another lovely day. While she is away for the holidays my friend gave me the idea of writing her a letter. I love writing 'thinking of you' type letters I do all the time so I figured... fuck yes. He's like that will drop her panties lol I'm like yeah... probably arrive the week before she gets home or so. haha.

Was a really nice time it was so cool to understand for the first time why someone really doesn't smoke weed. It's always an excuse or something or like I don't like the smell, or whatever. From what she told me about it I gather she gets anxious on it. And yeah like she doesn't care how much pot I smoke. She asks with curiosity and to be silly how many of those fucking things do you smoke every day? Ummm.... 30? haha. She doesn't care so I'm like wtf you are pretty high strung from work why don't you smoke? Turns out she is a very analytical person and she has essentially a photographic memory. This is totally not what you would think about her at first, it is so damn confusing haha. Took me a while to realize that about her but she remembers everything. I like that about her.

So she is constantly analyzing and ruminating things through her mind and she was cool with lsd but I think weed makes her feel award, anxious, and cute about how she is spending an hour thinking deeply about if she should make out with him this time (lol) whatever the fuck she thinks about, it just isn't as open-ended as what is going on with me. When I trip out stoned I come up with really elaborate ideas for example today I thought up a hilarious idea for a novel that brings so many things together and it's kinda of based on my life and that of a startup company that is terribly run, with some romance and drug abuse and generally a really funny book. For her though I feel like she would smoke and become confined in the way she things because she is always working through little problems and stuff (she is a great problem solver) but she can only take logic so far and when she gets stoned I can see her getting anxious and caught up in thought loops and stuff. haha. This is why I know shrooms would be a risk despite having done acid, but she'd love dmt it is right up her alley. We both have this analytical nature but it manifests completely different like she makes constructive life choices. I am good at math, and I am good at tripping out and coming up with creative stuff too. The idea for this book, if I went through with it and wrote it would be great fun to write.

It's cool to understand why someone wouldn't like to smoke pot down to the way they think. Since, the rest of her would probably like it haha. Too cute. So I want some coke for Christmas day and new years haha. I was joking today because the 2 of them are going on vacation so the company is essentially in my holiday-high hands for a while. I better not fuck this up haha but I can't help but think of how disastrous the consequences to this corporation could be and to my life if when the ladies go on vacation I decide to have a snow day.

Status
Not open for further replies.