• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ [PD Social General Talk Thread] Observation Tank for Fractallized Redundancy Modules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure it wouldn't take long to spread, but we shouldn't underestimate the biodiversity of the Amazon basin. Not too sure on this number, but aren't there like 30.000 different species of plants in one square kilometer or something? In the Banisteriopsis genus alone there are more than 90 species, and as far as I know only Caapi is active. I know that from one species to the next a plant could be poisonous, so it wasn't a safe experimentation at least. Might be why shamans enjoy such an elevated position, because they partook in these experiments and have won from nature or something like that.

At any rate, it really is amazing they found it.

What supplements would one take when using a lot of dissociatives? I'm only taking fish oil capsules daily nowadays at it seems like most of the stuff they sell are pointless really.

Pretty sure you'd wana worry about vitamin b12, don't most dissos effect your nerves and b12 levels? I know at least nitrous does.

Just had to share:

FzCKyoh.jpg

Anyone remember Jenkem? we got an endless supply of shit n' piss, and someone figured out how to get high on that. In a pinch, human ingenuity is remarkable. The discover of Ayuhuasca is a much loftier example of the same principle. :D

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenkem

Jenkem

Dude, no one is getting high on Jenkem, it was a joke on the internet that went viral.
If you really want to get high using house hold things look in to Bananadine, that's good stuff. Be mindful of your dose tho, if you don't smoke enough you don't feel a thing. ;)

Dude, no one is getting high on Jenkem, it was a joke on the internet that went viral.
If you really want to get high using house hold things look in to Bananadine, that's good stuff. Be mindful of your dose tho, if you don't smoke enough you don't feel a thing. ;)
Haha!

At any rate, it really is amazing they found it.

Yeah, I've always wondered about it too, it's fascinating for me that shamans here in south america came up with such an idea without any of our knowledge of biochemistry and pharmacology. It's ancestral wisdom in action. The tale endlessly repeated, generation by generation. Informal, non archived experience that got stashed in oral tradition and resulted in something unexpected, downstream further away in the centuries.

It's a lot less "efficient" that our scientific method, but I guess people living in the jungle millenniums ago had a different concept of time ;)
It's a human experience not without it's beauty, that's for sure.

I actually think that way about a lot of the ancient civilization discoveries. It's as if we, modern westerners can only think linearly in a concatenation of causality, so our science works pushing always forward in an "a prioristic" direction, we seek answers and wish for things so we go into the unknown and get them. It's as if primitive man had nothing else to do but experiment life and stumble upon it's hidden treasures. Many cultures here in southamerica have built it's entire cultural heritage in such a manner. Not trial an error striving for something, but living and telling.

I still feel like shit. :| I actually feel a bit like I am in withdrawal from something, though I am not. Fucking viral infection stuff, dirty, nasty feeling...:\

My best guess is that it's because it's fairly easy to stumble across a crude technique to produce alcohol. As a prehistoric person, you know if you bury fruit in the ground, let it rot, and drink the disgusting yet olfactorily/tactically curious and intriguing results, you feel good. Now you suspect that other plant concoctions that taste disgusting might, ironically, also make you feel good. I agree that b. caapi's use probably preceded the intentional consumption of any DMT containing plants. MAO inhibition is a buzz itself, no matter the plant source, which I imagine made plants containing effective compounds a focus of early explorers trying to figure out how to get high with other stuff besides rotten melons. Prehistoric humans may have noticed when they ate the root that got them buzzed along with *name your common monoamine containing food/medicine/etc.* that something felt very different. From then on the hunt would naturally be on for anything they could stuff in their mouths that they figured probably wouldn't severely poison or kill them but could and would make them extremely popular with, or revered by, others that like to get "fucked up" too.

I guess trial and error eh. I could imagine that the initial plant being used was caapi which has distinct physical/psyche effects on its own. Some intrepid soul decided to see what the fuck this other shit does at the same time.

I think the amazon has been populated for well over 10k years. Population estimates were in the tens of millions. Humans are experimental. etc.

^ willow, huh? ;)

:D Only thing is I'm a dude who wears skinny jeans more often than not...

I totally used to self-indentify as a hippie (and partially still do, in my head) but outwardly I don't think it neccessary to communicate my preferences via clothing any more. I guess the most outlandish adornments I utilise are piercings (nose, ears, tongue) and some tatoo's but I tend to want to dress a bit more innocuously now.

I don't know who here likes metal/post-metal/semi-hardcore stuff, but this new album by Cult of Luna kicks ass. THis track is gold. Heavy, mystical, haunting stuff:

^ Don't usually listen to metal, but that's pretty epic. Thanks for sharing. Hey willow, do you like Nightwish? I don't usually listen to them, but I love this track:

The whole album is inspired by evolution, and even alludes to my favorite author Richard Dawkins at one point. :D

Haha meant no offence, Willow, but you were exactly the reason why I had to share that image on here ;)

The only metal I can really listen to is stuff like Mount Kimbie, Boris, Sunn O))), Swans etc. Only when I brake up with a girl and feel really depressed though.

But man is that stuff great, see:

Listening to this stuff on a psych would probably end up a bit like this

The only metal I can really listen to is stuff like Mount Kimbie, Boris, Sunn O))), Swans etc. Only when I brake up with a girl and feel really depressed though.

But man is that stuff great, see:

Holy hell, thanks for reminding me that Sunn O))) exists.

Listening to this stuff on a psych would probably end up a bit like this

I dunno, I'm listening to it on a bit of psyches right now, and it's a bit more like this:

the_birth_of_earth_by_paulhectort-d4lpm8f.jpg

I find it a bit... backwards... that people tend to have so much more trust in psychoactives that shut down their fears, and allow an escapist mentality, like alcohol, rather than drugs that challenge their emotions and force them to confront fears. If you're going to be afraid of drug induced insanity, I think you should worry about the former before the latter, should you not?

Last edited:
I saw Sunn O))) live some years ago. craziest bass I ever experienced. wasn't even that enjoyable but still a crazy experience...

Tac, yeah I like nightwish in small doses. Once is a cracking album...

I saw Sunn0))) about a decade ago, it fucking blew me away. Can't really find the right moment to listen to them now though My Wall is a great. I like what Earth do with their brand of droney doom more, more engaging.

If u want to make yourself sick, listen to Khanate or Wormphlegm. Especially the latter. Torture doom I've heard them called. I can't really be fucked with extreme metal now, harsh vocals sound too comical. I used to think they were awesome and powerful but seems juvenile now. But bands like deathspell omega or blut aus nord are 'great' for sheer unsettlingness.

Haha meant no offence, Willow, but you were exactly the reason why I had to share that image on here ;)

Not an entirely inaccurate depiction of my parents tbh :D

in a bit of a pickle PDers. currently faced with a dilemma.

haven't tried any of the lysergamides that have come out recently. most fascinated by ALD-52 and wanted to stock up. I can also get eth lad and/or al lad. any big fans of LSD think the latter are worth experiencing? ...id like to try eth lad i think. not so sure about al lad. visual candy doesn't do much without some depth for me. if what i had before was ALD-52 tho...it is the perfect psych. nothing else needed.

what to do...what to do

I've actually never tried the 1-acetyl-LSD, but have plenty of experience with all of the others... It's my opinion that 1P-LSD has the most "depth," ETH-LAD the most "sparkle," and AL-LAD the most "vibrance."

If I was to attribute the classical elements to the latest novel lysergamides, I might, without too much consideration, offer the following:

EARTH - 1P-LSD
WATER - ETH-LAD
AIR - ? (Maybe the latest analogue, LSM -- the morpholide that has recently become available.
FIRE - AL-LAD

Here is an interesting article by Nichols that anyone interested in lysergamides should find pretty cool.

Last edited:
I found ETH-LAD to be really great the one time I tried it, it had emotional depth but I didn't encounter that extreme mental element that I get with LSD, it was more centered and balanced a la mescaline. VERY visual too in beautiful ways. It wasn't shallow, it just wasn't deeply transporting, it was more like mescaline in mental character. It's unique and totally worthwhile. I haven't tried ALD-52, 1p-LSD (obviously quite similar) is almost as good as LSD but it always seems to be just less intense. AL-LAD is entirely recreational for me, except the first time I tried it, I had a music playing breakthrough on it that remained part of my playing from then on. LSD has that magic to it stronger than the other lysergamides I've tried. I have 2 hits of ALD-52 that I'm really excited to try soon, I haven't read a negative report on it yet.

hopefully all works out. got me a stash of OS. ;) passed on the others for now bc of funds etc. if it is what i had before. going to be epic. would like to try the others at some point but maybe next go round.

add: might write my first TR if this goes well.

ALD-52 is my favorite, followed by 1P-LSD, ETH-LAD, LSZ, and then AL-LAD. ALD-52 is nice intense stuff, excessively similar to original LSD, while 1P-LSD is slightly different but nicer...

Status
Not open for further replies.