• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ [PD Social General Talk Thread] Observation Tank for Fractallized Redundancy Modules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still camping and loving it for the most part. I'm gonna try sticking it out for an entire month. So far I'm taking the slow and steady contemplative path with my book. I'm happy just coming up with a couple strong paragraphs per day. The rest of my day is just enjoying the wilderness lifestyle. Plenty of exercise and also plenty of sweating during the peak daytime hours. The sky is glowing orange right now, I love this time of day! Finally stopped sweating too. Tomorrow afternoon I'm definitely going for a swim in the creek to stay cool.

Nice man! yeah, being in nature extendedly (or at all) is so inspiring. I never feel as in the flow as when I'm camping, especially if it's on or near a creek/river. There are a few great places around here I go for that. Afterwards I'm always so inspired to play creative music.

My ball python gives me panic attacks all too often. Every time I find a scale that's pulled up, every time she decides to fast, every time she isn't out exploring her tank at night, I think she's sick or hurt... God, now I know what it is to be a parent (sorta) hahah.

I just love her so much. I'm gonna be in my fifties by the time she passes on... Damn. That'll probably be one of the worst days of my life. She's so gentle and just sits oh so contentedly on my lap when I'm watching movies with her in the living room. She doesn't even scare my dog, and my dog is a pansy... Oh Sunflower, how I love thee! Thou art the kindest, cutest, and most gentle serpent soul of them all.

Yeah man, pets are amazing. :) I love my cats an amazing amount. I get so nervous when my boy cat acts weird... he's blocked 4 times (where he can't pee and will die in as quickly as 24 hours if he doesn't get hospitalized). It's been a couple of years now and he seems good (longest he's gone without it happening since the first time). But I used to worry constantly. I think about it less now but it's always there. I got health insurance for both of my cats and it costs me $96/month, but it makes me feel better. I've had to hospitalize him 5 times in his life and the cost each time ranged from $750-$1600. With the insurance I pay the first $100 and they pay 90% of the rest if something happens so it will make it so much easier for me when those "surprises" pop up. They're 10/11 years old now so the time is closer to when they'll start to have more health problems (though they seem very young to me still, lots of energy and strength).

Help?!?!, my girlfriend has an okeetee cornsnake too (only a baby still, so tiny!), they truly are beautiful. She's kinda a grump though lately, she follows my fingers with her head when I go to pick her up now and it makes me think she's mistaking my fingers for mice... she's such a ravenous eater, gets mice down in a minute flat sometimes; in comparison, my ball python dicks around with her food, and it usually takes her half an hour or more to eat 8) but she's also much more mellow. While Meridia (the cornsnake) moves non-stop when handled and is quick to poop on whoever holds her, Sunflower (my albino ball python) just sits still, kinda moving her head and neck to look around, and of course ball pythons are known for holding in poop for weeks so I never get shat on by her hahah. They have such different personalities. Really all reptiles do. I feel like people sometimes lump them as one category of bland, soulless animals, but they are each so unique. My girlfriend also has two crested geckos and an African fat tail, and they're all such characters. All our reptiles give us moments of laughter, or calm us, what have you. I think they're great pets.

We're actually going to a reptile show at a convention center this weekend, hoping to find bulk frozen mice for cheap so we can stop supporting corporate pet stores that abuse their animals.

Xorkoth, those are crazy expenses for vet bills... it makes me realize, if my guinea pig or my snake ever got sick... I'd probably try to help them myself, and if I couldn't... then I'd just have to let them go. Rodents and reptiles don't have much vet following, and on top of that, I couldn't afford the $100s it might cost just to get a shot for my snake or something... I don't even wana think about it.

Here's to the health of all our pets! May they live long, healthy, and happy lives, free of any future diseases and ailments.

Yeah it's brutal, I STILL owe the vet some of that money (they let me have a long-standing debt to them I pay off "as I can", even when I already had a debt, so I could save him). He had to be hospitalized for a week or more each time, given medicine, test, catheterized, etc. I just... can't let him die. It's impossible for me to do, so I'll do whatever it takes. I don't think I'd ever forgive myself if I let him die when he got sick, unless he was old and it was just the end. It's going to be horrible when they die, but I at least have to know there was nothing I could do about it. I've always found a way... 4 of the 5 times were when I was in opiate addiction too, and was in a really bad place financially (in huge credit card debt, etc). I'd put it on a credit card, or the vet would give me time to pay, or one time my mom gave me the money for it because I couldn't do anything and she feels the same way about it as I do. My dad was kind of pissed and he thinks I'm crazy for spending the money so many times. But it was totally worth it, because I still have my little boy. <3 (I say as he jumps up on my lap and starts nuzzling my face)

Not judging you for your feelings on it by the way, it's just the way I feel. It's a perfectly sensible thing to do to let them go if you can't really afford to save them.

Yeah, I mean... I would want to do everything in my power. Money doesn't mean everything. It's just that in many cases with rodents and reptiles, there's nothing the vet can do. I mean, if Sunflower got scale rot, I could get her a shot for a couple hundred bucks and she'd turn out fine, which I would of course do (a friend of mine had that happen to his ball python and she's fine now). But the fact remains for me that in more serious cases of illnesses for such pets, there's nothing a vet could do/wouldn't have the knowledge... if my girlfriend's gecko broke a limb, we'd probably put him down, because he couldn't receive any treatment for that, and he'd likely die regardless... or if my guinea pig got terribly ill, I'd do what I could, but the fact of the matter is he's got 4 years left at the max. So essentially, I'd probably spend the big bucks on my snake, because she's got another 25+ years ahead of her, but my piggy just wasn't destined for long life from birth. The only times I've taken guinea pigs to the vet, they've essentially told us, "There's nothing we can do..." and God is that crushing on a child's spirit.

Vets are trained in treating dogs and cats, maybe birds... you know, common pets. Here in the city I live, there's probably at least one reptile trained vet, and I'd take my python there if she got ill. But there's no such thing as a rodent specialized vet (to my knowledge). I'm beginning to realize the shortness of a guinea pig's life is probably enough to deter me from ever getting another one... I cried so much as a child when we lost my first two piggies, and I know I'll cry a river when I lose my current piggy in a few years.

Dealing with the passing of pets is just about as bad as it gets to me. Any time my family has lost a pet to disease, or simply old age... it destroys me for a while. I've always felt more in tune with animals than humans, and that means that when an animal life is lost, I just feel all the worse...

The more I talk about it, the more I realize I'd do anything for my pets. I just worry that if I took my guinea pig to the vet, they'd probably tell me they could do nothing, then slap me with a 100 dollar vet bill for taking up their thirty minutes of time... Doctors will be doctors, regardless of who their patients are.

Last edited:
Yeah that makes sense, I didn't realize there was a lack of vet services for some animals. But yeah a long life is part of it, cats can live 20 years or more, so it totally makes sense to save their lives if possible.

Well anyways, away from the morbidity of losing pets... Our pets are healthy and happy now and that's what matters.

My best friend is finally flying back into town after months away working on a ship at sea. I'm super psyched, I'm gonna pick him up from the airport then we're gonna hit up a bar or two and probably finish with some beer at his place accompanied by copious amounts of Magic the Gathering games hahah. I've been lonely the past few weeks and this will be a wonderful respite from only seeing my family and girlfriend. Woohoo!

Have a great evening fellow PDers!

Nice! It's great to see good friends. :)

I'm heading over to chill/talk about the band and then have dinner/chill with my girl. Should be a good evening. :)

Sneaky sneaky hahaha

It's midday Wednesday here. Halfway point reached. All downhill from here. Smooth sailing. All that jazz.

Someone shoot me.

Sneaky sneaky hahaha
Someone shoot me.
That's me, a ninja....but it's not like it matters...for a second you were like, "A passionate night with Help?!?....maybe..", but then you decided against because our combined passions could have caused the end of the world as we know it. In other news I saw this sexy ass chica walking by and we gave each other dat smile/smirk, I shoulda send something but I was in a hurry, and only certain pissy holds power over me these days. Few women could or can tame this raging manic.

With a tranquilizer gun? Yeah I wish that a lot too, sometimes you'll get a cool dissociative.... Either way, "Owww, YES, YES YOU JUST TOOK ONE TO THE FUCKIN' jugular that's awesome man. Huh, what? Is this bad?!? Yeah pull that sucker out! Wait...whhhaaattt puuuullll whhhhaaattt outtt? You have a fuckin' dart stuck in your neck! Haha your crazy man, your crazy! I like you!".

With a tranquilizer gun? Yeah I wish that a lot too, sometimes you'll get a cool dissociative....

One time we were in a sleazy low rent motel doing some kind of business, what drug we were transacting for escapes me at the moment and is immaterial -- this is a solid decade or more ago, a time when I mostly hung out with some seriously shady individuals: small town pill junkies, trailer park crackheads, wp skinheads and the like -- and as I was saying in another thread the passage of the statue of limitations is going to allow me to tell a hell of a lot more amusing stories on bluelight -- the dude we're doing business with is sitting in the chair, we're kind of slouched against the wall, and we can see his woman lying in bed covered up in the sheets, she starts moaning and saying "babe, hit me again." So the dude is like, excuse me for a second, and takes what was probably a 25g x 1½" x 3cc out of a little black leather bag, loads it up with vet-ket, and gives her an injection right in the gluteal, then comes back to us and finishes the business. We were youngsters at the time and didn't really know what the fuck to make of all that, but we got out of there quick. It's a vivid memory.

Today is my day off so I'm getting roaring drunk, betting on baseball and binge watching cop shows. I love any kind of cop show. This is such a less, uh, colorful point in my life. Most days I'm OK with that.

Last edited:
Man we should met someday... Clearly your older than me but also weird and your interesting. Plus droogs....

You know I feel you on the limitations thing but unless your admitting to a murder or homicide or bragging about high profile robberies of cases, I think your fine. They probably watch IP Addie's but big cities are so dumb and poor they don't do shit like that...

Cool story though. Sounds like one of mine when me and friend were in a similar situation(much older than me), anyways were doing some business in some kinda loo speak and he was smoking. It smelt weird as hell so I was like, "What's up with your cig?", "Oh I just put a lotta PCP on it....", so casual... More later...

I might not be as much older than you are than you think, I got started pretty young, LOL.

But I am on the wrong side of (my hippie ass mom actually has this in the original)
dont_trust_anyone_over_30_button-p145672281432594387tmn2_210.jpg

I am always looking for more bluelighters and weirdos to talk to on pidgy, though. Hit me up sometime.

Counting on Toronto to cover the spread. Two on, two outs, top of the 9th ... not good for my blood pressure .. (edited to add: Bastards. Hitting with the Cubbies and St Louis so far though. Boston's another nailbiter. My Yankees got BTFO but I don't bet with my heart lol.)

Last edited:
I'd have to get it. I'm the same though, always love talking to the weirdies. I'll get Pidgy or whatever, but you'll have to tell me how to find you(name, birth date, penis size, the amount of length between your little toe and the one next to it, stc.). Also I doubt your more than ten years older than me but I see you 28-35, leaning more towards 35. I to started young, or rather I should say, started medium, but went zero to a million.:|

Also I hate sports! I can never understand how you'd want to watch that shit! Some sports that are fast paced like basketball and yeah I'll go to games but sit at home watching them? I'd need a lot of weed and ketamine..... Throw me a ball though and I'll play anything in a second as long as people aren't queerly competitive. Play to have fun(though competitor is fun to some but we don't need fights starting over it....).&#55356;&#57156;

football is so good. i don't care for any other sports really, but football is very interesting to me. so much depth to the strategy. its almost more like watching a turn based strategy game take place in real time. which sounds like an oxymoron but yeah.

Sent you my details.

As far as sports go, I'm mainly into baseball and football, but maintain baseball's the greatest game ever invented ... elegant and simple, almost Platonically pure, but endless depth and possibilities ... some people find it boring or slow paced but there's really so much that can happen. You have to get into it, I suppose. I did get into it rather later in life but have enjoyed it a lot. There's a lot to get into and gain knowledge about, there's the betting aspect which I'm into but rarely do better than break even (you have to be pretty skilled to do better than break even, the bookies do this for a living, after all), and there's the community aspect of it, the only thing that I've felt alike to in terms of community vibe than at a winning ballgame is a Dead show.

So speaking of Dead shows drugs, I've been to a baseball game on a low-to-middling dose of LSD. It was interesting, but not an experience I'm keen to repeat, mainly because of dealing with the crowds. I think DOC might be a better choice, the intellectual and analytic aspects, less intoxicating and paranoid overall. Ketamine and it's ability to totally absorb and dissolve you into something, that might be interesting too. I don't really do serious drugs, anymore. My bad habits are mainly booze and gambling, with the rarity of a little opioid excursion. Sometime I've suppose I'll take a decent dose of psychedelia, but the set/setting doesn't present itself as often in this day and age.

That's me, a ninja....but it's not like it matters...for a second you were like, "A passionate night with Help?!?....maybe..", but then you decided against because our combined passions could have caused the end of the world as we know it. In other news I saw this sexy ass chica walking by and we gave each other dat smile/smirk, I shoulda send something but I was in a hurry, and only certain pissy holds power over me these days. Few women could or can tame this raging manic.

With a tranquilizer gun? Yeah I wish that a lot too, sometimes you'll get a cool dissociative.... Either way, "Owww, YES, YES YOU JUST TOOK ONE TO THE FUCKIN' jugular that's awesome man. Huh, what? Is this bad?!? Yeah pull that sucker out! Wait...whhhaaattt puuuullll whhhhaaattt outtt? You have a fuckin' dart stuck in your neck! Haha your crazy man, your crazy! I like you!".

looooooooooooooooooooooooool this post is gold

football is so good. i don't care for any other sports really, but football is very interesting to me. so much depth to the strategy. its almost more like watching a turn based strategy game take place in real time. which sounds like an oxymoron but yeah.
Wow. Just wow. I had honestly never thought of the strategy game thing but football I can watch for that reason I just don't for whatever reason.
looooooooooooooooooooooooool this post is gold
You know though, a lot of times when I read my posts I'm like, "Damn, I'm so normal, and boring, WTF.". Oh well being boring and normal is just how it goes.....I tried standing next to this really cool looking guy I found at the bus stop thinking it would run off cause of the really cool weirdness but no luck.:(..:sus:

Also that's a quote from OldSchool, dunno if you saucy Aussies know about it......

i assume yall are talking american football? I kinda grew disinterested in football when I quit drinking. Dunno why.

I like going to soccer/euro football games. Watching on TV not so much. I played for years when I was younger and it's fun to watch live.

I went to a baseball game once with someone who is real into it. Explaining to me all the strategy and whatnot. It made it a little more interesting...

i used pidgin for a little bit. maybe I should again. is that where all the weirdos hangout?

also, is the donate to maps/email bluelight admin change your username still a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.