• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Tripping Thread: Viruses Can't Penetrate Hyperspace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely tripping... I don't know how much more noticeable the 4-aco- DPT is, but I believe it is. I definitely recommend using harmalas to activate it

It's better to talk treezy.... What's going on bro? Talk to us.... Feel better... Than binge :D

Ain't money always a big source of unhappiness... They say money can't buy happiness, but it sure as hell can dissuade sadness.

Yeah, money is weird because lack of money causes unhappiness/stress, but once you've met your needs, more money can't fill the hole inside of you (if there's a hole inside of you).

I feel like that's only because people don't change their spending habits when they get into that space. We get too used to hoarding our money and once we've actually got more than we need it's hard to break that habit. But I do think more money could mean more happiness if you spend it on others

Money is just a mean to do things. If what you do doesn't make you happy, money can't change that.

I feel like that's only because people don't change their spending habits when they get into that space. We get too used to hoarding our money and once we've actually got more than we need it's hard to break that habit. But I do think more money could mean more happiness if you spend it on others

Yea but that's not money, that's just giving to others, with money as the channel.

Well sure but money is only a 'channel' no matter how you use it.. like money doesn't make me happy, having a steady supply of food and no medical issues does?

Regardless of how you conceptualize it you need something of value in order to give to others.

I think of it more like, if you have your basic needs of life met (which you need money for), and you're unhappy with your life/dislike yourself/whatever, having more money/thing will not fix that. Yet our society tends to tell us that, in fact, if we were just able to have MORE money/things, our problems would be solved and we'd be happy.

I agree with Xorkoth. About the happiness though: it feels good to spend money on others but slightly similar to the general sentiment Xorkoth mentioned I don't think ultimately you can solve your own actual unhappiness with altruism? To me, happiness starts with a baseline level of happiness influenced by genetics and childhood (healthy attachment development etc) mostly and after that it can be influenced by things like stress on one side or self-expression and self-actualization on the other side (not everyone has the same needs in that regard I guess). But yeah fulfillment is a pretty personal topic and I guess complex, it seems for many people taking care of others actually fulfills them.

There's a school of thought that says we do need a certain amount of money to buy "happiness", to cover our baseline needs, stuff on the bottom of the maslow heirarchy, food shelter security. Beyond a certain point more money doesn't tend to make us any happier, it becomes more like a game.

I used to believe in an extreme version where money and happiness are nothing to do with each other. I saw the proof of this in the big smiles you see on the faces of the poorest people in the world. Then I spent some time actually living with very poor people, and could see that these people indeed were in touch with some very basic and deep roots of being a happy human being that we are often alienated from in western industrialized culture - community, a kind of inclusiveness that we sometimes lack, and just being able to be satisfied with what you have. But behind all this, in reality, it really does suck if you are hungry and can't buy food, or if you don't have any way to advance your kids in society because you can't afford to put them in school. Or if you can't go to the free hospital because you can't afford the bus trip to get there. And this causes a deep unhappiness underneath it all.

Well in the end, money is complicated.

Poverty is a bit like pain in that a big amount of it is mental. Of course poverty or pain are a real thing and quite annoying, both affect clearly our quality of life and our happiness. Some eastern spiritual systems say the root of mysery is attachment or rejection to anything, and as very low spiritualy developed as I am I can see they might be right. I have seen rich people being unhappy about material things and poor people being surprisingly happy in spite of them.
I think money doesn't hurt though and if you don't get attach to it and what it provides, surely it can make more free, especially when it allows you to do things you really want to do.

I live with very little and I am perfectly happy at the moment, in any case I have a roof and food, if I didn't have one of those I know it would affect my mood. I feel a bit limited by my situation and would love to have more dough. That would mean better roof, food and more possibilities.
I think in western societies the lack of money has a factor of isolating us from others, part of it is mental too. Western society, and most societies, values people by their money among other things, so your self-steem can be probably affected by it. It is not really about basic needs or real things if not more of your and other's perception in your status in your community.

Western culture is quite lost with its implied "if you get lots of money you'll have a good life", before the decline of religion the implied message was "you need to be good for a good life". With all the problems of religion I think that world view is closer to the truth...and happiness.

at the end of the day I think that happiness is a choice, a state of mind you can choose to be in by taking a particular perspective, so yeah you can be happy in any station in life. At the same time there are a lot of factors that could make it easier to see that perspective, many of which are driven by money.

I agree that one key is definitely community though, which I think has been alienated not necessarily from Western societies, but more from big city/urban societies. After a town gets to a certain size, it's no longer the case that everybody knows everybody, and I think that's when people get 'left behind' socially. Economics comes back into the picture though since industry benefits more from crowding people into one area. So all the jobs are in the big cities, when people would be happiest living in small towns. It's a shit situation all around because if I want to live a decent life in a small town I'd need some savings, which I could earn most easily in a big city, but having moved to a big city, I've pre-alienated myself from the small town community since I haven't spent as much time living there.

There's a school of thought that says we do need a certain amount of money to buy "happiness", to cover our baseline needs, stuff on the bottom of the maslow heirarchy, food shelter security. Beyond a certain point more money doesn't tend to make us any happier, it becomes more like a game.

Makes enough sense to me. It's a little hard to be happy when you're dead, eh?

Yup I guess we can agree on the semantics.. 'more money can't buy happiness' is virtually the same technical change to the adage I had in mind today as well..

When I get pretty poor I can go into a really restrained mode and I pretty much don't allow myself to buy anything extra. That worked in the past.. right now I am getting some extra support through family and my growing practices and experimenting are kinda demanding the extra money.
Although I have no way to properly check this I think my psychiatry causes me to not be spoiled in traditional senses but am indeed at a certain comfort level and I am unable to manage in a more desolate situation. Fuck, I mean even just my attention deficit probably costs quite a bit of extra money, the very simplest of examples just being that i lose or forget a lot of shit..
Anyways I am not complaining, it's a minor miracle that I am holding up and even sort of happy.

Fuck, I did get a bunch of lye in my face tonight because of some decades old container of it just attracting that much moisture and degrading, the whole thing just going apart when picking up and the hydrated contents splashing right in my schnoz... I'm lucky I am not scarred or blind I guess, it seemed like an appropriate amount to neutralize with vinegar.

@ the tripping part or not really: I have quit weed and I don't think around these times there will be much more than 2C-C being tripped on either.. I feel like I just need to have enough to do the coming 3 or so days. Man you can quit almost anything by having the proper techniques to go 3 or so days without doing anything. Getting off opium was not "difficult" per se but it did feel like having 5 x the flu and I could manage simply because someone was around. I can have plenty to do the coming 3 days including plenty outside of my own home but it does involve the choice of going out rather than retreating in my cave and pacifying myself with weed etc. Fuck if only I could afford or source some decent (and organic) weed.

Another thing is I probably need to unload.. my prescribed dexamph works great but gets me worked up and over time I build up more anxieties I think.. it also disinhibits me especially at the end of the day when I have less willpower due to becoming scatterbrained while the energy hasn't left me. I can use some extra days off it so I can start over with that shit and hopefully cut it out a bit earlier next time.

Man it would probably be a win if I could figure out what the XR formulation of it is so that i can fuck that up and make it instant again. (Instant release dex is not covered here and is being monopolized by big pharma it seems. I am getting magistrally prepared XR which about 1 healthcare insurer is covering :\ but hey don't a look a gift horse in the mouth when it is a pinata full of amphetamines. It seems like I get another envelope in the mail before I feel like I am even half done with my current script.)

[hey wtf why are special characters not recognized]

at the end of the day I think that happiness is a choice, a state of mind you can choose to be in by taking a particular perspective, so yeah you can be happy in any station in life. At the same time there are a lot of factors that could make it easier to see that perspective, many of which are driven by money.

Totally agreed. I wish everyone understood/believed this. My girlfriend is increasingly experiencing depression. I am constantly noticing her choosing to see things in a negative light, telling herself things she wants won't work, focusing on the negative aspects of interactions or whatever. I was really depressed at one point too, and I made the decision to look at the bright side, and notice when my thought process was negative and choose to change it. It takes work and perseverence but you can retrain your brain to be happy. I think a lot of people don't know this, or believe they can, because it feels the hardest to do when you first start doing it, it makes you feel like you're being ridiculous, but it really does work.

I agree that one key is definitely community though, which I think has been alienated not necessarily from Western societies, but more from big city/urban societies. After a town gets to a certain size, it's no longer the case that everybody knows everybody, and I think that's when people get 'left behind' socially. Economics comes back into the picture though since industry benefits more from crowding people into one area. So all the jobs are in the big cities, when people would be happiest living in small towns. It's a shit situation all around because if I want to live a decent life in a small town I'd need some savings, which I could earn most easily in a big city, but having moved to a big city, I've pre-alienated myself from the small town community since I haven't spent as much time living there.

Yeah, agreed. Humans seemed to work the best/most sustainably in small communities (tribes, little towns, etc). Once we moved to living in big cities, all of a sudden your fellow humans are strangers who are potential rivals/enemies. You stop trusting the people around you, you stop feeling a sense of community with your fellow people. This creates a feeling of isolation that I think it responsible for a lot of the anxiety and depression issues so many people experience these days.

Wow, so many thoughtful and urbane people. It never ceases to sicken me that the way some people choose to enjoy and explore their brains makes them subject to being kidnapped by the government.

Treezy, man, take care of yourself. Don't fall into another psychosis cycle where you end up in the psych ward and fuck shit up.

Richard, hey there, welcome, I don't remember seeing you post here before. Yeah Bluelight, especially the PD subforum, is my favorite place on the Internet, lots of good people here.

Debating what to take today. This is my only day I can afford to take a long acting drug for the next few weeks. I have some 3-meo-pcp I've never tried. Also thinking about taking a tab of 1a-lsd, but I'm worried about how late I'd take it since I'd wana wait till after grocery shopping this afternoon. Or I could take 2C-C. Or perhaps try some other psych... hmmmmm...

Well, 3-MeO-PCP is an interesting one, takes a bit to get used to but a very nice drug. I find that when you take LSD (or 1a-LSD or another lysergamide) on top of a light dose of it, it really brings the psychological characteristics of the LSD out. Good combo but quite potentiating. I'd probably do that but then again I've done the combo a number of times and 3-MeO on its own many times. Might be best to get used to 3-MeO on its own first.

A good 3-5mg of 3-MeO-PCP is a good thing, it lasts shorter than LSD, too. The first few times I tried it I found it kinda blah, but then I "figured it out" and it's one of my favorite drugs. Subtle yet powerful. A good ally if used with caution and respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.